AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 94 58.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-04, 20:24   Link #181
Seifall

But if he pledges to stay with her out of pity this is as shitty, and even more....
Buf if sheryl realizes it it will not be shitty anymore since she will let him on her own ... this is the most likely now .
Old 2008-09-04, 20:25   Link #182
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I always felt they were pushing RankaxAlto from the beginning so if that's the "surprise"....well, it's not very surprising. At all.
You're just being pessimistic silly. That way if your disappointed moment does happen, you'll be "oh well."

Have faith in Kawamori and Sheryl's power over the fans!

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-04, 20:25   Link #183
Key Board
Carbon

I'm going to say that Sheryl ending is not guaranteed.

But I will also say that a Ranka ending is impossible.

More and more, I'm thinking that it will be a Sky ending.
Old 2008-09-04, 20:26   Link #184
zalem

But I thought that from episode one before I even wanted SherylxAlto. But yeah, I do tend to be a pessimistic person sometimes.
Old 2008-09-04, 20:29   Link #185
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
But if he pledges to stay with her out of pity this is as shitty, and even more....
Buf if sheryl realizes it it will not be shitty anymore since she will let him on her own ... this is the most likely now .
Well, that's why I'm hoping for a cure. Then if Alto stays with her it will certainly not be out of pity. But one can only hope.
Old 2008-09-04, 20:33   Link #186
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic View Post
Best episode yet.

Grace also has hopes and dreams
Spoiler for Garce's HOPES & DREAMS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkg9990 View Post
I must admit, Grace looks hawt in that suit
Seconded!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
I know what you mean...

I don't know why it was necessary to grab herself like that though?
I've also wondered why they had to give us that scene. I'm not complaining though. Just curious is all.....
Old 2008-09-04, 20:40   Link #187
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
You're just being pessimistic silly. That way if your disappointed moment does happen, you'll be "oh well."

Have faith in Kawamori and Sheryl's power over the fans!
I must admit though that I H-A-T-E being left on a cliffhanger at the end of an episode.

In sports terms, I was hoping this episode to be a late stunning go-ahead goal for Sheryl fans meaning at the same time that Ranka fans would be completely stunned right now with almost no hope of seeing their character win Alto's affections by any means. All I wished was the story to be in a position in which we're about to put the final nail to the coffin of any Alto x Ranka possibility. BUT with Sheryl's health getting worse, we still can't close it yet... and that is pissing me off.

This being said, can Alto (or anybody for truth's sake) ever say directly that Ranka won't ever count to the love equation anymore?
Old 2008-09-04, 20:44   Link #188
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
I've 22 (lol) screencaps of teh ep. Is it ok to post them now? *scratch head*

Otherwise...you can go here

Spoiler:

In the link you posted I saw this.......

Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-04, 20:50   Link #189
Seifall

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
I think it's time to stop being so dependent on the "Surprise Ending" remark by Kawamori, which is what all your previous arguments are dependent on. I am very welcome to this surprise ending Kawamori is talking about, but I'm sure he can tell the difference between a surprise ending and an inconsistent ending. As musouka has put it eloquently, the stage has been set for an Alto x Sheryl ending, and no matter how much violent or shaky the journey is, it will not change the final destination point the series has been leaning towards. Of course, there is always a chance Alto x Ranka could happen, and I'm sure most, if not all, would call it cheap and inconsistent ending. But I've seen a sufficient number of Kawamori's works to have enough faith in this man for him to see what he's doing and manage his hold on the series firmly and neatly.
OK forget about the surprise then.
When you are seeing things as they are since yesterday's episode, HOW Alto who find out about sheryl who is dying can end up with her now that no one know if he really did have feelings for her ?
This is wrong.... they know people are going to say he choose her because of her illness so why did they make that scenario ?

Quote:
That was a pretty uncalled for retort.

I'd like to point out to you that you're riding on a pretty fine line there. In fact, my respect for you and your arguments has gone down a notch.

Keep to discussion rather than making personal attacks.

This could already be seen as a choice. Things will escalate from here.
Well for one, I don't know why you tell me about respect since I didn't do anything wrong. I even said " no offense". If she is offended well, that's not my problem since it wasn't my intention.

Where did i make personal attack ? People like too much give speech and made a big deal of nothing here....

Her post seems paradoxal for me, she says one thing and 1 hour after says another... I'm asking question that's all.
I just wanted honestly if i was speaking to a 14 years old girl or more that's all. she didn't respond me and I didn't care since it wasn't personal.
Looks like each time she quotes me her post are just not making sense for me. I asked her about that one time and she didn't wanted to respond :

This could already be seen as a choice
, indeed.

you like that much to being the white knight or what ?

This is really a paradox . Where were you when your friend were saying i was a successor, street fight 2, yawned in quoting me ?????

You're right, you should focus on the discussion instead .
Old 2008-09-04, 20:56   Link #190
golthin

You guys are concentrating too much in the development between Alto and sheryl and are forgetting about the real epic part of the episode that was the duel between Alto and Osma.
Osma really show Alto who is boss in the match, it was sublime to see alto be mad at himself from being PWNED. It is true the score a little glimse shot but compared to the damage his VF received he was PWNED. This considering that neither was aiming to kill . Osma is really GAR. Alto has a long way to go.
Old 2008-09-04, 21:07   Link #191
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
You guys are concentrating too much in the development between Alto and sheryl and are forgetting about the real epic part of the episode that was the duel between Alto and Osma.
Osma really show Alto who is boss in the match, it was sublime to see alto be mad at himself from being PWNED. It is true the score a little glimse shot but compared to the damage his VF received he was PWNED. This considering that neither was aiming to kill . Osma is really GAR. Alto has a long way to go.
Er Alto didn't get owned. Ozma comments on how he's gotten so good. Do realize that it basically ended in a draw despite the fact that Ozma was in a vf-25 while Alto was in a vf-171x, which seems to be a new upgraded version of the vf-171.
Old 2008-09-04, 21:16   Link #192
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Er Alto didn't get owned. Ozma comments on how he's gotten so good. Do realize that it basically ended in a draw despite the fact that Ozma was in a vf-25 while Alto was in a vf-171x, which seems to be a new upgraded version of the vf-171.
hmmm just check the episode again and look how the director shows us the damage on osma's VF while look at the damage on Alto! I call the Ownage! Alto was left adrift while Osma was still flying, if Osma wanted him dead it was bye bye for Alto.
Old 2008-09-04, 21:32   Link #193
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
hmmm just check the episode again and look how the director shows us the damage on osma's VF while look at the damage on Alto! I call the Ownage! Alto was left adrift while Osma was still flying, if Osma wanted him dead it was bye bye for Alto.
Alto was in an inferior fighter, and he was NOT left adrift. You think that damage would cause his fighter to not function? Are you for real?

Watch a higher quality raw..
Old 2008-09-04, 21:35   Link #194
Sec

I don't think that Alto and Luca's choice staying with Frontier is bad decision. Ozma said that he do it for the women he love (Cathy and Ranka) and I think Alto and Luca are the same. Ozma and Cathy saw Leon killed President Glass and they hate Leon. The same for Alto, Luca and Klan, they saw Micheal's painful death, can you forgive something killed your precious friend and your beloved person that easy? Micheal died, Nanase condition isn't good, I can understand Luca's decision to defeat the Varja and I don't think that he is a tool, Luca chooses to work with Leon. If he bring her with the Macross Quarter fleet, can they cure her? I don't think SMS medical team is as good as Frontier's hospital. And if he leaves behind her with Frontier, he will regret for leaving the one he love and even lives a painful life blaming himself if Frontier is destroyed by Varja. As the main characters are staying with Frontier side, I believe in Frontier. They choose Frontier people's pain instead of Varja's pain.

If Sheryl die at the end of the series, I only can accept RankaxAlto ending only if few years later, Ranka grew up and stop act like a spoiled kid and Alto's wound for losing Sheryl healed a bit. So if they can meet and understand each other, it's time for them to be together.

=.= And sorry for my bad English.
Old 2008-09-04, 22:19   Link #195
solothurn
銀河妖精親衛隊・隊長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec View Post
If Sheryl die at the end of the series, I only can accept RankaxAlto ending only if few years later, Ranka grew up and stop act like a spoiled kid and Alto's wound for losing Sheryl healed a bit. So if they can meet and understand each other, it's time for them to be together.
I agree, that's one of the realistic approaches to a Ranka x Alto end, if they ever decide to let Sheryl go.

On the other hand, they could do something like this:

Alto going back to Kabuki-acting, but also taking care of a handicapped Sheryl on a wheelchair: virus infection gotten so bad that it has already affected her brain and that she doesn't remember anything anymore and cannot even speak or sing. Together they spend Sheryl's remaining days peacefully. A bittersweet ending.

(Ending inspired by Tekkaman Blade)
Old 2008-09-04, 22:25   Link #196
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Im beginning to think that it will be a "Macross 7"-esque ending(Still rooting for Sheryl though )

And since episode 20, every episode of Macross F seems to be a cliffhanger.
Old 2008-09-04, 22:32   Link #197
solothurn
銀河妖精親衛隊・隊長

"Macross 7"-esque ending means "no resolution end"? Quite possible, too. Kawamori can be a bit of a troll at times.
Old 2008-09-04, 22:40   Link #198
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

YOU WANT SURPRISE!?!?!?
I think Nanase will get him in the end.
Yar.
That's totally why we got a mention in the shower scenes. The girls will both die and and Nanase will go latch onto our hime.

Yar 8D
*shot*

Either that or the entire world explodes, and Grace keeps Burera as her slave for the rest of his cyborg life.
Old 2008-09-04, 22:43   Link #199
MaiHikari

Finally watched the episode.

Spoiler for 22:

Last edited by MaiHikari; 2008-09-05 at 02:34. Reason: Edits for 2nd watch
Old 2008-09-04, 22:46   Link #200
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
YOU WANT SURPRISE!?!?!?
I think Nanase will get him in the end.
Yar.
That's totally why we got a mention in the shower scenes. The girls will both die and and Nanase will go latch onto our hime.

Yar 8D
*shot*

Either that or the entire world explodes, and Grace keeps Burera as her slave for the rest of his cyborg life.
oi ippus, u're getting stranger with every post XD
Closed Thread