AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-10-17, 14:40   Link #1061
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I found ep3 pretty limp, except for the insight into Minori. Best I've heard Hocchan (Horie Yui) do recently.

I don't think Minorin (Chihara Minori) has the chops to do Taiga. Not enough acting depth. I think she'd have to play Taiga as a cold-blooded tsundere, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 15:58   Link #1062
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well episode 3 was good for hinting at something deeper being at work with Minorin. Whatever it is though, not a bad approach to struggling against it with pure energy. Gave Ryuugi a chance to see something about Minorin he didn't get a chance to from a distance. Guess that's about worth almost losing his eyesight in this one .

Taiga certainly goes over the top. Bit mixed with giving Ryuugi some opportunities to see Minorin, but attacking him fairly soon after.

Nothing wrong with fleshing out some of the cast I say.
Old 2008-10-17, 20:34   Link #1063
Lucipher

Well saw EP 3 and I will admit i was wrong about Ryuugi He is not as bad as Yuji(sp). At that i think he is an Ok lead I found it funny when he made Taiga go out to eat and work in that store all so he could spend time with Minorin.

OK like a man i will Admit i was wrong and say I'm sorry to all Ryuugi fans for insaulting him so much last week. I was wrong.

Am i the only person who got a Tenma(School Rumble) vibe from Minorin? I really hope she dosnt end up as bad a Tenma was and yeah she stops giving off those vibes.

Btw im on the Anti Taiga wanggon already. I guess i just hate her char. at the end of Eps 2 i was like she aint so bad then she gose from alright to a total BISH. The whole Tiger Dragon thing didnt last to long all of 1 ED and 1 OP then it was over ><
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 22:11   Link #1064
Tiran86

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
You really should give the novels a shot. They're different enough from the show that you'll still get a lot out of them.
I've already read up to the end of the second novel. Baka-Tsuki is taking forever with the third volume. If there's anyone else who's translated it into english, please tell me and I'll go read them right now. I can't read or speak japanese, otherwise, I'd consider looking for the raws online.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 22:31   Link #1065
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

J.C.Staff decided to turn Taiga into Louise v.2.0, with crazy patch v.1.5
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 22:34   Link #1066
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Loving Horie Yui's work here (though I wouldn't mind an uguu or two). Minori kinda reminds me of Kate from "Sketchbook" without the fractured Japanese.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 23:19   Link #1067
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
ZnT anime is done far better than Toradora =/ Louise VA actually fits Louise. Taiga's VA fails horribly.

Then there's the animation part. Toradora is a high school life thing with nothing to really fill in the blanks per chapter. ZnT is based off novels and has lots of magic/fighting. In anime, we call these things filler space. If you lack these, stuff gets boring. Toradora is nowhere near the manga =[ and it's a shame the manga moves so darn slowly.

Also the color palette is ghetto too along with the drawing quality.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 23:38   Link #1068
Falkor

finished episode 03…

so, before commenting on the episode itself, I want to mention two things I find rather amusing:

Why doesn’t Ryuuji use his cellphone to get out of there? It’s not like he doesn’t have one.

Why doesn’t Taiga call to Ryuuji's cellphone in order to find out his whereabouts instead of walking around aimlessly? It’s not like she doesn’t know his number, and it’s not like she hasn’t done so in the past to get in contact with him—and let us not forget how did she get his number in the first place...

I enjoyed the episode even though I noticed the drop in animation quality. For something focused on Minori[n], it was entertaining, I guess--in regards to her background and the little character development.

On the other hand, Taiga’s behavior is back to square one due to her recurring violent and selfish behavior, even if the scene with Kitamura showed us again that she is more than just another tsundere who is hard and cold on the outside… but… whatever… I guess. Comedy was so-so; and drama, well, was conveyed much better than any other show of this year, which is good in my opinion, if they are able to build on this, and if they are able to complement it with the animation quality and the script/storyboard.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 00:47   Link #1069
dago2682
Nodoka Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
The only thing both characters share is the VA because both of them are completly diferent
Also Toradora! is way better than ZNT.
Old 2008-10-18, 01:10   Link #1070
Tiran86

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
ZnT anime is done far better than Toradora =/ Louise VA actually fits Louise. Taiga's VA fails horribly.

Then there's the animation part. Toradora is a high school life thing with nothing to really fill in the blanks per chapter. ZnT is based off novels and has lots of magic/fighting. In anime, we call these things filler space. If you lack these, stuff gets boring. Toradora is nowhere near the manga =[ and it's a shame the manga moves so darn slowly.

Also the color palette is ghetto too along with the drawing quality.
Taiga and Louise have the same VA. Also, Toradora is also based off a light novel series.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 01:36   Link #1071
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by dago2682 View Post
Anime wise, novel wise I don't think there is that much of difference between the two as either has stronger or weaker parts but both are still part of the top novels in Japan. ZnT novels are pretty good, it is ZnT anime that is really bad.

Tiran86, so what that they have same VA? She did change her voice in Toradora, you still get similarities when she is screaming but otherwise the voice sound pretty different.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 01:44   Link #1072
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dago2682 View Post
The only thing both characters share is the VA because both of them are completly diferent
And the fact that they're both angry psycho midgets.

Except for in the manga that is.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 02:11   Link #1073
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

@Falkor: Funny how anime characters will forget about the existence of mobile phones the second it's convenient for them.

Ep 3

Not as good as the last episode, but I still thoroughly enjoyed that. We still had a few funny moments and a bit of character development for Kushieda. I've always considered a sign of a good show is that the character development never stops, even in the episodes that are (apparently) "filler". (I still think people a way too hung up with how loyal this is to the source material. It's its own adaptation, and really should be judged as such).

I still think this is shaping up to be one of the better prospects of the season so far.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 02:17   Link #1074
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Minorin masked her fears and her real feelings with made up happiness. That bound to have some problem later in the future if she continues to be like this.

Well, some people can forget even the most basic things when they are with someone that they gone nuts over. I have seen many cases like this in real life. So Ryuji's completely oblivious to mobile phone is understandable.

However Taiga also maybe went completely over her head because it is about Ryuji. Guess 2 minds went nuts over different things but essentially same reaction. Just a theory.
Old 2008-10-18, 03:28   Link #1075
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Loving Horie Yui's work here (though I wouldn't mind an uguu or two). Minori kinda reminds me of Kate from "Sketchbook" without the fractured Japanese.
Minorin's heckling was so adorable <3
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 03:30   Link #1076
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

After two episodes of the series, not to mention that my local TV network happily decided to show Shana season 1 before Toradora (which replaced the slot occupied previously by ZnT season 3), I'm convinced that Kugimiya Rie sounds the same as Shana, Louise and Taiga, although personalities of the characters differ.

Horie Yui as Minori is giving me images of Siesta, without the fanservice.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2008-10-18 at 03:44.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 03:56   Link #1077
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
After two episodes of the series, not to mention that my local TV network happily decided to show Shana season 1 before Toradora (which replaced the slot occupied previously by ZnT season 3), I'm convinced that Kugimiya Rie sounds the same as Shana, Louise and Taiga, although personalities of the characters differ.
Sorta noticed that as well, especially when Taiga yells "urusai," it sounded exactly like her Shana voice. I haven't watched ZnT yet, but with all the differing opinions here, I guess I'll have to start ^_^
Spoiler for episode 3:

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 08:33   Link #1078
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
I love the OP & ED for this.
I hate Taiga, she should die. She reminds me too much of Louise which I hate even more...
I love Minori, she owns ^^
Old 2008-10-18, 08:33   Link #1079
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I haven't watched the show, but seems like its good enough to warrant a thread of its own. And since its airing in Singapore as well, I should just catch up to it every week on TV from now on.

For Singaporeans, Toradora airs every thursday 11:30 pm on Art Central.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 09:30   Link #1080
ayu
DUN.DDUN.DDDUN.

It is one episode slower in Singapore though.
ayu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen