AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-10-17, 11:00   Link #1301
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
176 is out. All I can say is: I think Link may have to fight next week.
I say, Allen and Kanda are almost scarier than the Lv 4
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 15:18   Link #1302
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Actually, I'm very excited at how this arc is developing.

It seems that the Earl and his minions are placing or casting restrictions so as....
Spoiler:

The most interesting of all is that Hoshino-sensei explores a little bit the nature of the Akuma regarding their levels.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 17:27   Link #1303
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Actually, I'm very excited at how this arc is developing.

It seems that the Earl and his minions are placing or casting restrictions so as....
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
The most interesting of all is that Hoshino-sensei explores a little bit the nature of the Akuma regarding their levels.
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
Old 2008-10-17, 21:14   Link #1304
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Spoiler for :
I disagree though. The most dangerous thing about the Akuma is that they can hide themselves as human in plain sight, until Allen came along the Black Order had no way to counter this problem.

To be able to know where the enemies are is a great advantage overall tactically.

Look at the situation now- The Exorcists wouldn't have been caught offguard had Allen's eye been working, he would have noticed the Akumas getting into position, and would have told Link to get the children away from there, but now Timonthy and Link have walked into their trap.
Old 2008-10-18, 00:44   Link #1305
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I disagree though. The most dangerous thing about the Akuma is that they can hide themselves as human in plain sight, until Allen came along the Black Order had no way to counter this problem.

To be able to know where the enemies are is a great advantage overall tactically.

Look at the situation now- The Exorcists wouldn't have been caught offguard had Allen's eye been working, he would have noticed the Akumas getting into position, and would have told Link to get the children away from there, but now Timonthy and Link have walked into their trap.
Well, each Exorcist had his way of dealing with this. Lavi hid his mistrust for everyone behind his mask, while Kanda just, in effect, shove his sword up their asses if they chose to tackle him. (The really glaring loophole in his powers was in the Ghost of Matel arc. After that, Akuma= dead meat in front of him. We'll see if the level 4 goes along the trend.)
Old 2008-10-18, 01:45   Link #1306
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well, each Exorcist had his way of dealing with this. Lavi hid his mistrust for everyone behind his mask, while Kanda just, in effect, shove his sword up their asses if they chose to tackle him. (The really glaring loophole in his powers was in the Ghost of Matel arc. After that, Akuma= dead meat in front of him. We'll see if the level 4 goes along the trend.)
Yes, but that is effectively waiting for the enemy to act first, which not something you want to let happen everytime. Sure the Exorcists have learnt to deal with it to the point where they probably won't die to a sudden ambush, but what about the mission?
Old 2008-10-18, 03:26   Link #1307
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Yes, but that is effectively waiting for the enemy to act first, which not something you want to let happen everytime. Sure the Exorcists have learnt to deal with it to the point where they probably won't die to a sudden ambush, but what about the mission?
As it is, their roles are never strictly defined. In times of relative peace, they are supposed to investigate and recover Innocence (Ghost of Matel) + recruit new Exorcists (Miranda and Krory). During times of war, they are in effect useless, although they're supposed to be the foot soldiers. In fact, I'm almost inclined to put the average Exorcist under the "Red Shirt Army" label.
Old 2008-10-18, 03:36   Link #1308
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
As it is, their roles are never strictly defined. In times of relative peace, they are supposed to investigate and recover Innocence (Ghost of Matel) + recruit new Exorcists (Miranda and Krory). During times of war, they are in effect useless, although they're supposed to be the foot soldiers. In fact, I'm almost inclined to put the average Exorcist under the "Red Shirt Army" label.

/facepalm

I mean, even if they could survive the initial attack, they might find themselves in a situation where they cannot complete their mission, or rather it's been made even more difficult. Just like what happened in this chapter.
Old 2008-10-18, 03:43   Link #1309
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
/facepalm

I mean, even if they could survive the initial attack, they might find themselves in a situation where they cannot complete their mission, or rather it's been made even more difficult. Just like what happened in this chapter.
Link's words already gave us a hint on Central's doctrine: Orthodoxy trumps reality. Cross's many occult abilities were useful in his job, but he had to keep them hidden. One could almost come to the conclusion that Central doesn't care too much about the Exorcists.

4th wall-wise, this chapter's probable use would be to showcase Link's fighting skills, as controlled by him. Also, maybe, just maybe, we get Ghost of Martel, take 2, where Kanda and Allen work together.
Old 2008-10-18, 03:55   Link #1310
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

yezhanquan...

Why does it seem like we're not talking about the same thing?
Old 2008-10-18, 04:11   Link #1311
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
yezhanquan...

Why does it seem like we're not talking about the same thing?
If that is the case, I must apologise. My lack of sleep must have gotten to me.
Old 2008-10-18, 06:43   Link #1312
andrewsch5658
*Author

Spoiler for 176:

Overall, really an interesting and awesome chapter. Show more stuff on what the skulls can do other than guarding the egg. This time, the earl been really serious and seen focuses on defeating Allen is his current primary plan. Next chapter is gonna be more interesting IMO. It seems that this week chapter not that long, too bad for that. Looking forward for next week chapter.

Note: I think almost everyone notice that this arc had a lot of kicking scene/action. The level 4 became muscular? That’s just strange, never though off that to happen. (Wel,that doesn’t mean it won’t happen.)
andrewsch5658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 06:50   Link #1313
ffantasy24

Hmm.Is it just me or is Hoshino sensei getting a bit skimpy on the artwork lately?There are alot of scenes with Allen and Co's faces in plain black with only dots for the eyes.Kinda feels as though she doesn't have time or didn't bother putting in actual facial expressions, and instead just filling in space with ink:S
Hoping that's not the case.
ffantasy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 06:57   Link #1314
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffantasy24 View Post
Hmm.Is it just me or is Hoshino sensei getting a bit skimpy on the artwork lately?There are alot of scenes with Allen and Co's faces in plain black with only dots for the eyes.Kinda feels as though she doesn't have time or didn't bother putting in actual facial expressions, and instead just filling in space with ink:S
DGM's art has always been a bit iffy. However, if that gets the series killed, I vote that DGM be continued as a light novel series.
Old 2008-10-18, 11:16   Link #1315
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffantasy24 View Post
And by alot, you mean two?

/facepalm

It's meant to emphsize on the ferocity of Allen's and Kanda's attack. Seriously people, I don't want to be rude, but that's actually common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsch5658 View Post
Spoiler for 176:
Well, the Skulls didn't seal Allen's eye like putting a lock on it or something... It's more like trapping them is a separate dimension/space. That would explain why Allen couldn't create a door out. And since the curse eye was hinted to function much like an Akuma, I would imagine the Earl would know a thing or two about stopping it...

...But this part is just my guess.

Quote:
Spoiler for 176:

How ironic... It was just moments ago that I finished watching "Exorcist: The Beginning".

Quote:
Overall, really an interesting and awesome chapter. Show more stuff on what the skulls can do other than guarding the egg. This time, the earl been really serious and seen focuses on defeating Allen is his current primary plan. Next chapter is gonna be more interesting IMO. It seems that this week chapter not that long, too bad for that. Looking forward for next week chapter.

Note: I think almost everyone notice that this arc had a lot of kicking scene/action. The level 4 became muscular? That’s just strange, never though off that to happen. (Wel,that doesn’t mean it won’t happen.)

I'm suprised by the revelation that Allen's Musician powers also allows him to create doorways into the Ark. I apologise if it was revealed earlier and I missed that detail.

But... Doesn't this reminds you alot like Road's power ?
Old 2008-10-18, 19:58   Link #1316
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:

I'm suprised by the revelation that Allen's Musician powers also allows him to create doorways into the Ark. I apologise if it was revealed earlier and I missed that detail.

But... Doesn't this reminds you alot like Road's power ?
Well, it was stated that Road had the 14th's powers, in the sense that she was the only other Noah who could control the Ark.

As for the seal on Allen's powers, it is possible that the Skulls came up with the solution (their knowledge being their own), but since they draw their powers from the Earl, the Earl was in a way responsible as well.
Old 2008-10-18, 20:39   Link #1317
ffantasy24

Quote:
And by alot, you mean two?

/facepalm

It's meant to emphsize on the ferocity of Allen's and Kanda's attack. Seriously people, I don't want to be rude, but that's actually common sense
Twice can actually be considered very frequent, bearing in mind that this is in a mere 17 page issue.And I don't mean just the newest chapter, it's happened alot in the previous few chapters as well, that's why I thought it was kinda strange. It could just be Hoshino sensei's new style of art, but she's made the effort to include details in similar fight scenes in the past, which is why the sudden change seemed a little odd, plus with her recent tendency to prolong deadlines, I don't think its unreasonable to get the impression that she is often short of time and is sacrificing details for it. Again, this is just my opinion.You don't have to agree or feel the need to counteract to it.

And with the blank space=ferocity idea, it's a highly plausible idea, but I don't think u can be that certain in that it is DEFINITELY common sense. Everyone has different ways of interpretation, especially towards something as abstract as art.The blank faces could mean alot of things, not just ferocity,so ur apprehension there is slightly uncalled for no?
ffantasy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 03:25   Link #1318
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

No DGM this week. Seems like Hoshino-sensei is making DGM an unofficial one-chapter-every-two-weeks series. Sheesh.
Old 2008-10-24, 03:48   Link #1319
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
No DGM this week. Seems like Hoshino-sensei is making DGM an unofficial one-chapter-every-two-weeks series. Sheesh.
All the more reason why people should just give up on waiting for a second third season.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2008-10-24 at 06:54.
Old 2008-10-24, 03:57   Link #1320
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
All the more reason why people should just give up on waiting for a second season.
Well, not so keen on it myself. 1 OVA series per arc sounds fair enough to me.

Tags
action, manga, shounen, steampunk, supernatural