Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-02, 14:35   Link #1581
exec

Evangeline A.K. McDowell
Chrome Dokuro
Old 2011-01-02, 16:04   Link #1582
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

So now it's down to Mikoto, Haruhi, and Yuki being the only reasons for me to bother , so I am abstaining this round not a single character I like in either group.
MAL
Old 2011-01-02, 16:19   Link #1583
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

How the heck do you go from 3,800 votes to 7,100 votes from one voting day to the next.
Old 2011-01-02, 16:58   Link #1584
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That was sort of what I was wondering.
Old 2011-01-02, 18:35   Link #1585
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Kazuha
Mizuki

Hopefully, one will go my way... getting tired of voting for the ones who don't end up winning.
Old 2011-01-03, 10:39   Link #1586
hinakatbklyn

Looks like one reason for the increase in votes was Izaya, Kyoya, Mio and Ai were all in the same match.

(7) Looks like a perfect example of 2 characters in the same series on the same team being a disadvantage. Evangeline had more votes than Kazuha. Kudo however had just enough support to outlast Shinsuke and advance along with Kazuha.
(8) Looks like Allen ended up being a supporter for his team. Chrome ended up with more votes than Luffy. Anyway Chrome and Allen advance. Nice try for Mizuki.

8 teams, 16 characters remain.
Old 2011-01-03, 10:43   Link #1587
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What's with the massive voter spike/reduction the last few days? 3,800-ish to 7,100-ish then down to 4,100-ish? I 300 vote jump I can believe since I know some of these voters are from ISML and that was up there in vote count, but a sudden 2,000+ spike for a day? I would have said it was about Mio (ISML winner), but the votes are mostly for the fangirl bait guys (thought the male population has gone back up to around 25% of the vote).
Old 2011-01-03, 11:36   Link #1588
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
What's with the massive voter spike/reduction the last few days? 3,800-ish to 7,100-ish then down to 4,100-ish? I 300 vote jump I can believe since I know some of these voters are from ISML and that was up there in vote count, but a sudden 2,000+ spike for a day? I would have said it was about Mio (ISML winner), but the votes are mostly for the fangirl bait guys (thought the male population has gone back up to around 25% of the vote).
I heard that some Twitter Bot for Orihara Izaya is responsible for the increase, but failed to hear why those 3000 voters disappeared the next day.
Old 2011-01-03, 18:12   Link #1589
broken270
Defying gravity

7. Looks like Conan still made it, but after how it looks like, Kazuha may have trouble in the long run.
8. An expected victory, but I am concerned about Allen's decrease in votes.

Top 8 completed. Quarterfinals approaching.
Old 2011-01-04, 09:27   Link #1590
hinakatbklyn

(1) Looks like Haruhi may have lucked out again. Byakuran is her partner. I think Haruhi and Byakuran will both have the advantage over Alice and Allen.

(2) If the last round was any indication, Izaya may have to win this match by himself. Of course, Kazuha had kudo on her side previously, so she didn't have to worry too much. Yuki and Gintoki however need to work together in order to pull off a huge upset here.

(3) Same as #2 except Shizuo is partnered with Chizuru who may have the least number of votes still involved in the tournament. Ai and Shouta would also need to work together to stand a chance against Shizuo. If Chizuru gives just enough effort, she and Shizuo would find a way to advance.

(4) It's dejavu for Mikoto. Quarterfinals of K-Moe had to face an opponent I thought had little to no chance of beating and lost. It's the quarterfinals of Super Best Moe and she has to contend with the strongest remaining female in the tournament Chrome. And with Sawada as Chrome's partner, having to face 2 Reborn characters could be an impossible task for her. Fortunately, Mikoto has the strongest partner from the Conan series, Kudo. Of the strongest in this match, Kudo has an advantage over Chrome. Will it be enough for Kudo to advance for his team, or will Mikoto and Sawada decide this match (this time as opponents?)

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2011-01-04 at 09:48.
Old 2011-01-04, 11:28   Link #1591
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
1. Strong partner for Haruhi, should advance without much dificulty
2. This one is a tough call, but I hope Yuki's team wins.
3. Shizuo is the only character I know here, but I kind of don't want him to win, if he is only winning because of bots
4. This looks like a tough match here for biribiri unless the Conan fangirls go crazy in this one
Old 2011-01-04, 19:10   Link #1592
broken270
Defying gravity

1. Haruhi and Byakuran will win. I see no chance of Alice or Allen creating an upset.
2. As it is now, Izaya will win the whole thing...that is to say if Yuki and Gintoki can do something about this. On paper, Yuki and Gintoki clearly need to work together to get their score to even pass Izaya's score. Although that is not impossible, there is also Kazuha lurking in the distance. Although she performed poorly in the last round, she may regain her natural votes in this round. Can Yuki and Gintoki pull a big one out?
3. The same senario as group 2, another Durarara! character is here to win big. Ai and Shouta need to work together to knock out Shizuo. This one is more probably because Ai should be able to rack up enough votes to be close enough to Shizuo for Shouta to to finish it off. Chizuru is still to be looked out for, since she may support Shizuo just enough for the win. Can Ai and Shouta pull this off?
4. First friends, and already turned into bitter enemies? Mikoto and Tsunayoshi ripped through their previous competition, but Mikoto has to face her partner along with the strongest girl in the compeition, Chrome. With the two teaming up, Team Reborn look unbeatable. The good news is that she has Shinichi, who performed very well in his last match, but will it be enough? Sure, Mikoto may have more votes than Tsunayoshi when they team up, but will it still remain high now that Dokuro is there. It literally is the whole Reborn faction against anyone apposing it. Can Mikoto and Shinichi pull off a major win in this one?
Old 2011-01-04, 20:52   Link #1593
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post

First friends, and already turned into bitter enemies? Mikoto and Tsunayoshi ripped through their previous competition
I figured opponents could end up in the same match more than once, but oddly enough, this would be the third encounter between Sawada and Mikoto (the first being in the second round where they could advance without eliminating each other.)
Old 2011-01-05, 09:02   Link #1594
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

lol chizuru's still there. Reborn's got a split which means biribiri may have a chance.
Old 2011-01-05, 10:02   Link #1595
exec

Haruhi Suzumiya
Old 2011-01-05, 10:06   Link #1596
hinakatbklyn

(1) Haruhi Suzumiya / Byakuran (Reborn) (Took me awhile to decide between Haruhi and Alice.)
Old 2011-01-05, 10:22   Link #1597
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Same vote as the the other two .
MAL
Old 2011-01-05, 14:00   Link #1598
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Yeah, voted for God
Old 2011-01-05, 18:46   Link #1599
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A god followed shortly by a goddess.
Old 2011-01-05, 21:42   Link #1600
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Location: Hiding here in Closed Space with Haruhi, Konata, Nagi, and Kirino. Reading: Grimoire
Y'know, I choose Yui Hirasawa, Mikuru Asahina, and Kirino Kousaka when it comes to MOE
their cuteness can kill xD

Moe Moe Kyuun~!

Nendoroid © Good Smile Company
"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"
Closed Thread

Tags
saimoe