AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

Old 2011-04-24, 15:41   Link #401
Tu101uk
~ Episode of Side A ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
Spoiler for Ep 3 Preview:
Heheh... Yeah I know what you mean.
Spoiler for Preview for the next episode...:
Friday can't come any quicker... T.T I haven't felt the urgent need to watch a series every week since... well... last season, actually, with Madoka... XD But that's besides the point... Me want my AnoHana fix nao!!! >.<

O-O~

~ Current Season Favourites... :: Ano Natsu de Matteru / Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! / Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ~
Tu101uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 15:45   Link #402
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Anaru looks really cute with her dress and hair down.

I get that Menma is considered cute...but I somehow find Anaru to be much cuter/attractive. How about you guys?
.x.crii.x. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 15:52   Link #403
Tu101uk
~ Episode of Side A ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
Anaru looks really cute with her dress and hair down.

I get that Menma is considered cute...but I somehow find Anaru to be much cuter/attractive. How about you guys?
Methinks it's her tsundere touches and her closet-otakuness, not to mention the fact that I feel I have to root for the poor girl in her one-sided heartache with a shut-in. I definitely find her a more attractive prospect than the childlike Menma...

...besides, I'm a sucker for meganekko... XD (and yes, she is technically still one, even if she doesn't wear them around her galpals...)

And I definitely want to see more of Tsuruko now - I'm sure we only saw her worst side in Episode 2, and (hopefully) her better side will be great... ^_^

O-O~

~ Current Season Favourites... :: Ano Natsu de Matteru / Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! / Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ~
Old 2011-04-24, 16:04   Link #404
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Hmmm....would Anaru really be tsundere though? She´s not really that "tsun-tsun" She appeals more to me as if she just doesn't know how to express herslef.

And yeah, Menma is a bit too childish. xD;;
.x.crii.x. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 16:09   Link #405
Tu101uk
~ Episode of Side A ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
Hmmm....would Anaru really be tsundere though? She´s not really that "tsun-tsun" She appeals more to me as if she just doesn't know how to express herslef.

And yeah, Menma is a bit too childish. xD;;
Yeah, that's why I said "tsundere touches"... XD She ain't an all-out tsundere as such (just as none of the characters fit that smoothly into many predefined anime archetypes) but shows a couple of the classic traits, though I do see your point of her just not being able to express herself well. Probably puberty riling up her emotions...

...and yeah, that's why I avoided "childish" and went with "childlike" when describing Menma... XD You see, it's understandable that she acts like that, seeing as she died quite young and thus doesn't know any better, so I can forgive the poor girl/ghost/hallucination/"stress"/"trauma"/whatever she is for the weird things she does around poor Jintan...

O-O~

Old 2011-04-24, 17:16   Link #406
CWW
Lurker

She's voiced by Haruka Tomatsu. Did she have a role that wasn't tsundere in some way?

Chalk me up to the ones who can't wait till friday.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 18:00   Link #407
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu101uk View Post
Methinks it's her tsundere touches and her closet-otakuness, not to mention the fact that I feel I have to root for the poor girl in her one-sided heartache with a shut-in. I definitely find her a more attractive prospect than the childlike Menma...

...besides, I'm a sucker for meganekko... XD (and yes, she is technically still one, even if she doesn't wear them around her galpals...)

And I definitely want to see more of Tsuruko now - I'm sure we only saw her worst side in Episode 2, and (hopefully) her better side will be great... ^_^

O-O~
Yeah think there is always that desire to root for the one who has had that pretty one sided attraction. Plus there really are plenty of things to like about Anaru. Really do hope that things work out for her this time around.
Old 2011-04-24, 18:35   Link #408
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
She's voiced by Haruka Tomatsu. Did she have a role that wasn't tsundere in some way?
I must speak up in Haruka-san's defense. Lala from ToLoveRu (not a favorite of mine, admittedly) certainly isn't tsundere. Hitoha from Mitsudomoe... Well, I don't know if she's tsundere or not - she's tsuntsun towards humans and deredere towards cute animals and hero squads. Hime from Sora no Manimani definitely isn't a tsundere either.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 18:40   Link #409
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Finally got around to watching the second episode. Don't know why I waited this long (and watched several other lesser series beforehand) before watching episode 2 because it was excellent.

Like many others I was creeped out at first by Yukiatsu's sniffing of Menma's clothes, but after I thought about it I realized it wasn't right to immediately jump to some sort of sexual perversion interpretation of the scene. Scent can be a powerful motivator of memory. My father passed away six years ago, and afterwards I used to sit in his room sometimes (which my mother left untouched since his death). He was a pipe smoker, and the faint smell of tobacco in the room would bring back happy memories. Now if Yukiatsu was sniffing Menma's panties or something, I'd be a little more concerned.

Poppo's travels are impressive. I was studying the maps to see where all he has been. It looked like he went to some rather unusual places like Yemen or Oman. Kind of stretching belief that he could afford that on part-time work at his age.

Menma is the only weak link in this series for me. Her voice...
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 20:02   Link #410
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuutsu View Post
Am I the only one who burst out into
Spoiler for I hur'd the dur.:
Nope. I did the same.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 20:11   Link #411
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I must speak up in Haruka-san's defense. Lala from ToLoveRu (not a favorite of mine, admittedly) certainly isn't tsundere. Hitoha from Mitsudomoe... Well, I don't know if she's tsundere or not - she's tsuntsun towards humans and deredere towards cute animals and hero squads. Hime from Sora no Manimani definitely isn't a tsundere either.
Sakana from Star Driver isn't either.

Anyway, this thread convinced me that smelling old mementos of people is perfectly normal. I still think he's somewhat obsessed with Menma, but I guess you learn new things from strange places.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 21:25   Link #412
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm probably the one non-chalant of the whole sniffing business. Then again, my shipping of osananajimi is so high that I don't mind anything and accept everything as normal if its regarding between childhood friends... assuming they don't pursue other interests of course lols.

Quote:
Can't forget about Hanasaku Iroha of this season at least.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 21:55   Link #413
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I can't get enough of the beauty of this show. 2nd only to TWGOK, it's my favorite this season.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 22:01   Link #414
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Ahh... I am surprised I didn't pick up on that. I guess since she's been so quiet.

When's the next episode... lol.
Old 2011-04-24, 22:20   Link #415
CWW
Lurker

It was a test. You guys forgot Kisaragi from GA Art Design Class.

One of her first roles where I couldn't immediately pick up her voice. I thought Kisaragi was voiced by Mamiko Noto at first.

Anyway, Anaru is <3.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 23:03   Link #416
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Late to the party, and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but...

After watching the first episode, I have one comment.
The director and the animators are mind blowing amazing. Even better than their job on Toradora, which I felt was incredible.

In ONE episode, without ANY lengthy explanation, they managed to set the setting, introduce all the main characters, display what type of characters they are, their relation to each other, their personality, emotion, and what happened between two eras.
Effectively putting all cards on the table without letting the audience even notice it.

And still have time to bring the story moving towards a very moving, emotional start.

All done simply through extremely well paced and placed animation. AND without being boring.

These are basic skills that SO MANY of the animators today lack, and yet, this staff executed this flawlessly.

Good God. *applauds*
Old 2011-04-25, 00:08   Link #417
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
It was a test. You guys forgot Kisaragi from GA Art Design Class.

Darn it you bit me to it,she was adorable in that role.

I'll add in YunYun from Canaan then.

So,I've got a confession to make,I've got a ring that belongs to my mother who passed away 5 years ago and well....I sniff it from time to time,it used to smell like her but now the smell's gone but I still do it out of habbit I guess.
So nothing about sniffing clothes in this episode really shocked me.
Old 2011-04-25, 00:50   Link #418
Tu101uk
~ Episode of Side A ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
Like many others I was creeped out at first by Yukiatsu's sniffing of Menma's clothes, but after I thought about it I realized it wasn't right to immediately jump to some sort of sexual perversion interpretation of the scene. Scent can be a powerful motivator of memory. My father passed away six years ago, and afterwards I used to sit in his room sometimes (which my mother left untouched since his death). He was a pipe smoker, and the faint smell of tobacco in the room would bring back happy memories. Now if Yukiatsu was sniffing Menma's panties or something, I'd be a little more concerned. :uhoh:
Again, methinks it's more the case of "Where the hell did he get that dress from and how the hell did he get it? D:" rather than "Eww, he's sniffing something to remember a dead girl by, gross!" for many people here. At least, it is for me... :S I mean, I could understand if he were a close family member or something, but he isn't. o_o;;; It's certainly not the sexual perversion, merely the implications of him having that particular piece of clothing in the first place... :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
Poppo's travels are impressive. I was studying the maps to see where all he has been. It looked like he went to some rather unusual places like Yemen or Oman. Kind of stretching belief that he could afford that on part-time work at his age.
IIRC, he's also travelled to Europe as well, which is pretty incredible for someone who is around the same age as the other four high schoolers. Maybe we'll get some backstory to this? ^_^;;; I would certainly want to know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Late to the party, and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but...

After watching the first episode, I have one comment.
The director and the animators are mind blowing amazing. Even better than their job on Toradora, which I felt was incredible.

In ONE episode, without ANY lengthy explanation, they managed to set the setting, introduce all the main characters, display what type of characters they are, their relation to each other, their personality, emotion, and what happened between two eras.
Effectively putting all cards on the table without letting the audience even notice it.

And still have time to bring the story moving towards a very moving, emotional start.

All done simply through extremely well paced and placed animation. AND without being boring.

These are basic skills that SO MANY of the animators today lack, and yet, this staff executed this flawlessly.

Good God. *applauds*
Ah yes, the animation. It's nothing too spectacular, but it's really solid and expresses how things have changed between the years very well. It reminds me a lot of Kannagi (which is no surprise, much love for A-1 Pictures <3).

That, coupled with the superb writing, scripting and pacing, and you've got a highly watchable show with characters with actual personality, and not just exact cookie-cutter archetypes copy-and-pasted from the Big Book of Anime Tropes... :P I actually feel sympathy for their current plight and am rooting for them to reunite as the Super Peace Busters... :D

...I just hope they can keep up this quality... :x It's a 1-cour series, so it shooooooooooould be fine, but I've seen 1-cour series mess up right near the end before. Let's hope this doesn't suffer a similar fate...

O-O~

PS - I just love the OP song too... :3 It's nicely-paced and fits with the themes of the show... Can't wait for it to come out...

Last edited by Tu101uk; 2011-04-25 at 01:06.
Old 2011-04-25, 01:53   Link #419
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Ano Hana - Episodes 1-2

This is one of those anime, like Madoka Magica, which is excellent to the degree that I'm at loss for words. It feels like everyone else here has said most of what I need to say already. In the two episodes I've seen so far, I've found almost nothing to complain about; just about everything has been done correctly. When it wanted to make me sad, it made me sad. After both episodes, my eyes were wet with tears. At this rate, Ano Hana is headed squarely into masterpiece territory. I'm done.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 02:02   Link #420
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I thought I already posted here regarding episode 2, but I guess I didn't >.<.

Anyways, this episdoe was absolute boss. I don't have any real complaints. It really knew how to tug nostalgia strings, particularily with all the pokemon references, which many of us grew up with. Great character development, great animation, great music, touching story.

On another note I’m 90% sure now that a Jintan/Anaru shipping will develop over the course of the series. I also have an idea of what Menma's wish would be which I think is that the six friends will remain united forever, which will most likely be granted by the end of series followed by Menma disappearing.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coming of age, drama, noitamina, slice of life, supernatural, tragedy