AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-08-22, 17:01   Link #21
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
That's not true. If a movie sucks, then a movie sucks-- this goes for films that I even look forward to seeing. But it's like I said, it's intuition... my intuition is never wrong.
Everyone is wrong about something. No one is perfect.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 17:20   Link #22
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Man, you're a real philosopher.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 00:10   Link #23
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Man, you're a real philosopher.
No, I just have common sense.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-08-23, 00:20   Link #24
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I don't remember the movie doing that bad up here... though, I've always been too busy to notice these things...

Not counting Thor, I have to say the latest Marvel movies haven't been too bad.... probably won't be seeing this on release though~
Old 2011-08-23, 00:49   Link #25
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I, as any other good movie enthusiast, always hope for any movie to be good plotwise and to do good in box office, and this one is not an exception even though this movie probably just an excuse for Sony to keep the rights (which really annoys me btw) and to milk the last drop out of it.

The trailer for Ghost Rider is actually quite cool and badass. It seems that it's grittier than the comical predecessor. I actually look forward to this coz I have soft spot for Ghost Rider's visual. He's no man with colorful tights, that alone gave him a big plus for appearance ^^. Also, if this movie really going to be an R, I'll be even happier.
Old 2011-08-23, 06:59   Link #26
HasuMasu
*Artist

Unfortunately, even if I liked Nicholas Cage as Big Daddy, that still doesn't give me hope for this, he seriously isn't Ghost Rider.

That being said, I still hope this film will make up for the previous one, even if he pees fire, no, exactly because he pees fire.
Old 2012-02-18, 03:43   Link #27
Samari
World's Greatest

Via Wikipedia:

Quote:
Reviewers who viewed an early preview screening at the December 2011 Butt-Numb-A-Thon in Austin expressed negative reaction to the film, with two attendants saying it was worse than the first Ghost Rider film, which one of them stated was made to look like The Dark Knight in comparison with the new film.[33]

The film currently holds a 17% rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on 56 reviews. The critical consensus states: "With a weak script, uneven CG work, and a Nic Cage performance so predictably loony its no longer amusing, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance aims to be trashy fun but ends up as plain trash."[34]
I wish Tetra Vaal wasn't banned so I can call him out on this. He was pimping this film like it was going to be a masterpiece. Instead it fell flat on it's face.

Quote:
Do people on this board ever research films before commenting on them? Why make a sequel to a shitty first film? Oh, I don't know... maybe because there are competent directors helming this one (Neveldine and Taylor), the budget is significantly lower-- so there's a possibility for an R rating (but I'm not counting on it), and there's a possibility that this could atone for the shortcomings of the first film (which I am counting on). The only thing this flick needs now is Mike Patton to do the OST.
FAIL.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-02-18, 04:29   Link #28
HasuMasu
*Artist

You lie, Tetra Vaal is da bezt.

Seriously though, I'd like to see how he would have covered his ass on this one.
Old 2012-02-19, 11:14   Link #29
james0246

Please do not respond to posters that have long since been banned.

That being said, the best part of "Ghost Rider 2", was Nic Cages's appearance on SNL the week before the film’s release (link can, probably, be found here), where he, more or less, acknowledges the idiocy of his own action films (Cage is still a worthwhile actor…when he is not in an action film). Otherwise, the film was, more or less, the disaster I had predicted it would be. Bad acting (the cast was okay, but the film had no worthwhile script, so the acting suffered terribly), bad crew, silly cgi, etc. 22/100.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 02:56   Link #30
Samari
World's Greatest

Now all we need to do is have the rights go back to Marvel. Who would make a good Johnny Blaze? Someone not 40 something that is for sure.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-02-20, 05:09   Link #31
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Please do not respond to posters that have long since been banned.

That being said, the best part of "Ghost Rider 2", was Nic Cages's appearance on SNL the week before the film’s release (link can, probably, be found here), where he, more or less, acknowledges the idiocy of his own action films (Cage is still a worthwhile actor…when he is not in an action film). Otherwise, the film was, more or less, the disaster I had predicted it would be. Bad acting (the cast was okay, but the film had no worthwhile script, so the acting suffered terribly), bad crew, silly cgi, etc. 22/100.
But everybody loves Tetra Vaal...

Joking aside, I saw this film yesterday and the only thing I liked about it was the weirdness of the camera angles...reminds me of SHAFT.
Old 2012-02-20, 09:05   Link #32
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

disappointing, I had moderately decent hopes
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 07:22   Link #33
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

A group of my friends decided to celebrate with me by taking me to this movie yesterday. Now I hadn't been in the cinema for a while now, nearing 9 months by then, so they figured it would be fun to go.

The problem is, this was anything but fun.

Spoiler for Size:

Really disappointing, considering that the movie could have been really fun, even if it had the stupidest story in the world, had they not tried to be so dramatic about it.

One thing to mention: this might have been Nic Cage's most terrifying performance of his career so far. There were moments where it really did look like he went insane and the other actors weren't sure how to respond ....