AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 121 Rating
Perfect 10 9 15.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 13.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 31.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-01, 13:29   Link #101
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Liked Roxanne's new form (now the least whore-like of the ZAO).

The shounen save in the end, not so much. The arrival comes across as a bizarre/inferior version of the Clarice/Miata save (and not just because Claire isn't there this time).

Apparently we can safely speculate that Rene is alive now, because apparently no Claymores die off-page either anymore
Old 2011-12-01, 13:30   Link #102
Gooral
Banned

@Nixl
That's why I added "for now". She easily dodges every attack performed by Roxanne and Roxanne is "!!". Also Cassandra is using the word "#2" most probably in context of Roxanne. Seeing how cocky she is she's probably belittling her and calling her a mere #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
Apparently we can safely speculate that Rene is alive now, because apparently no Claymores die off-page either anymore
So true.
Old 2011-12-01, 13:31   Link #103
Nixl

I honestly doubt the Claymores will die due to the fact that Yagi put so much effort into Miria's rebellion and rescuing the claymores. He has probably been waiting to do this for a while.
Old 2011-12-01, 13:32   Link #104
limao
DeAd

Hysteria's Awakened form doesn't make sense...looks like something picasso would do
Old 2011-12-01, 13:33   Link #105
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
The most hilarious thing is that Hysteria doesn't have hands (only wings and rods) so she won't be able to take the sword out, lol.
Can't agree with you more. It feels like Yagi spend all the energy on the design of Rox and then just combined a bunch of random stuff to make Hysteria. She look hideous. I don't know how the giant body of Cassandra moves being in that M-leg position, but apparently she can move very fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limao View Post
Hysteria's Awakened form doesn't make sense...looks like something picasso would do
Precisely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2011-12-01, 13:35   Link #106
Nixl

I think Hysteria's form is suppose to be a flower+a bird. At least I think I saw the imagery of petals in there. My major dislike is how he did the head.
Old 2011-12-01, 13:36   Link #107
Arlenis
Of Lights

Guys...I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask: Do you think that there is a chance that Hysteria's form will....be capable of WARPING to make some F*****G sense? I mean.............
Limao, you are so correct. I mean..........what DOES this form have ANYthing to do with her as she was?
Old 2011-12-01, 13:38   Link #108
fraktur
extraordinary freak storm

can someone translate what deneve's saying while she's making her hero appearance?
how the fuck did anastacia attach her hairs on miria? hysteria looks bad (but i like the design of her head) i liked the sketch from 2chan though. roxanne looks cool and her attack reminds me of the quicksword. i like the twins more and more and i disagree that they received an upgrade: one of them was about to die as roxanne concentrated on her but cassandra stopped her (her munching-thing is going overboard a little). overall i think this chapter was ok (of course i fucking hate the "OMG GHOSTS ARRIVE.... on the last page???" shit but knowing yagi this was to be expected)

edit: although i disliked hysterias form i think that we shouldn't go overboard with that
Old 2011-12-01, 13:39   Link #109
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Cassandra's dodging actually makes little sense given what her body is like. I mean it's fine that her human torso "Neo-ed" that one strike, but how would she with that kind of a body dodge Roxanne's downward swipes with those "chainsaw vines"? Edit: It'd make more sense if she just bit down on them with her tough "excavator heads" or something.
Old 2011-12-01, 13:43   Link #110
Arlenis
Of Lights

I was thinking the same thing Yononaka. I mean as far as I know from what it LOOKS like...her feet never change footing so why arent they just cut off? Also, can anyone legitimately see/imagine just WTF Hysteria would/could even DO to another abyssal one in a fight!? Her only attack and defense seems to be insect legs.... (Sorry I'm so focused on her I'm just seething with betrayal, distaste for her, and bitchiness.)
Old 2011-12-01, 13:44   Link #111
Gooral
Banned

Since were at the last page:

Anyone else finds it hilarious how cocky everyone are on the picture above (especially Helen)? They have faces saying "hey, have no fear because WE are here !!!", rotfl. 3 Abyssals are their opponents and they smirk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
Cassandra's dodging actually makes little sense given what her body is like. I mean it's fine that her human torso "Neo-ed" that one strike, but how would she with that kind of a body dodge Roxanne's downward swipes with those "chainsaw vines"?
Heh, so far everyone agrees on everything O_O. Something's really wrong with this chapter then.
Old 2011-12-01, 13:48   Link #112
hh707

Does Hysteria's upper body remind anyone of a pigeon?? I swear she had pigeon wings. She has the worst awakened being bod ever. Maybe that's what Yagi was going for though, the Irony that the most beautiful and elegant warrior awakens into the ugliest??
Old 2011-12-01, 13:48   Link #113
Tom Bombadil

Last page

Deneve: We came here to beat you up, so before everyone give you a sound beating, at least keep your human form, Miria.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To get an idea of the reaction of the Chinese fans:
Spoiler for collection of Chinese fan reactions.:

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2011-12-01 at 14:09.
Old 2011-12-01, 13:49   Link #114
little_angel
Watching From Above

Ok now I'm really angry. Hysteria the elegant is no longer elegant and I think Yagi got his inspiration from this : (FFXII Ultima):
Spoiler for size:

As for Roxanne he tried to make her as a super model AB and failed (cant believe that I'm saying this) but I don't know if he was watching she's got the look (or another crappy modeling show) and tried to copy that to Claymore .. failing in those two was something really upsetting to me .. I liked Cassandra's but those two ...... (got no words to describe!)
Old 2011-12-01, 13:49   Link #115
fraktur
extraordinary freak storm

you're wrong gooral, only 1 abyssal is their enemy right now as the other 2 are focused on themselves. the maindifference between this fight and their encounter with riful was that they could just run away from riful. but if they run away from hysteria mira and the other claymores are doomed. also after surviving priscilla i think that they aren't that afraid of an abyssal anymore. what irkes me is that nike is there. i can see dietrich and anastasia doing something but nike? but more if it turns out that the 2 are better than audrey i will be pissed. very pissed. the only thing that could make me even more pissed is if they are more prominent in this fight than the ghosts.
edit: thank you tom bombadil
edit2: i don't think that these fights will turn out like the isley/luciella one. also the ghosts are not noobs. i'm sure they will be able to dodge attacks that aren't even really aimed at them. the twins were also able to do just that. anastacia/dietrich/nike are another story, but honestly i don't give a fuck about them

Last edited by fraktur; 2011-12-01 at 14:03.
Old 2011-12-01, 13:51   Link #116
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Deneve: We came here to beat you up, so before everyone give you a sound beating, at least keep your human form, Miria.
Yeah, because they will have higher chances that way, lol.

BTW, wings should hinder Hysteria's movements instead of increasing her speed since they would make huge resistance unless they would be folded in which case they would be completely useless.

@Fraktur
I know Cassandra and Roxy are fighting each other (I've mentioned about this even chapter came out) but that doesn't change the fact they're still their enemies. They've just arrived at the scene and didn't even know it would be the case. Also they never know when this might change. In addition let's remember the scene after Isley and Luciella fought. How do you expect them to not be caught in between shitstorm when the opponents are so powerful and affect so huge area?

Last edited by Gooral; 2011-12-01 at 13:59. Reason: providing a link to my previous post where I've taken into account most likely scenario of Cassie vs. Hysteria fighting
Old 2011-12-01, 14:03   Link #117
Return Clare
Teresa within me

Goddamnit is all I can say about this chapter without getting another warning for foul language. I'm slowly getting to the point of almost being freaking glad Clare is sitting this shit out.
Old 2011-12-01, 14:08   Link #118
Gooral
Banned

Thanks Bombadil for translating these last words and hilarious comments .

@Fraktur
Which would show how over-powered everyone has become. They couldn't do anything significant to weakened Isley when he was in his human form and now they have Hysteria to deal with + near them are two ABs probably more powerful than Isley. So while they're not noobs they're not Teresas and I thought only she had a chance of defeating Abyssals when still being in Claymore form. But it looks like even Miria is capable of doing it with the help of Claymores that not long ago were cannon fodder.
Old 2011-12-01, 14:34   Link #119
The Based

Had a feeling Hysteria would get wings. So glad the ghosts are fighting instead of Priscilla killing everything. Nike will save the day.
Old 2011-12-01, 14:52   Link #120
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Based View Post
Nike will save the day.
I totally forgot there was someone like her. Tabitha is a random character to me so how do I call Nike? Random random?
Closed Thread