Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-03-30, 06:01   Link #221
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiKimmy View Post
Why is the sky blue?
Is that a question or a ridiculous statement? I don't think it's too ridiculous to ask why the sky is blue.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 06:29   Link #222
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Is that a question or a ridiculous statement? I don't think it's too ridiculous to ask why the sky is blue.
That's not a ridiculous thing to ask since most people even children ask that question.
Old 2009-03-30, 06:45   Link #223
KimmyChan

I was referring to children when I mentioned it anyway
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 06:47   Link #224
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Uhm why ridiculus? ^^
Because there's not a scientific explanation? False, there is a precise a reason
Because the answer is obvious? False again, most people do not know

I see it as one of the many things everyone take for granted without asking why, children in that respect make their brain work more than most adults ^^;

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 10:59   Link #225
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
You'd be amazed to know how many people believe this. You go check the internet you'll find tons of pages about it, it seems like almost any forum has its own thread about aids being a myth.
That's not the only theory that despite being completely wacky has many strong followers, i could name a few others:

"The smurfs show was communist propaganda" <- gotta love this

"The holocaust never happened"

"The lunar landing in 1969 was a hoax"

I could name many others by i fear it will start a debate, actually even the ones i mentioned so far might have some followers in this forum.
I deleted 'facts' that dont interest me from the quote, to make it shorter. hope you dont mind. the first one was really funny)). number 2 - what holocaust?
about the moon and your last paragraph - i'd really like to start a debate...but where else? not that i'm a follower, just want to hear an explanation.
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 11:52   Link #226
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Usually when someone says "holocaust" he refers to nazist's genocide whose victims were mainly jews.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust

about the lunar landing, i dunno much, but some people believe that the videos shown are not credible for various reasons. One of them point out that stars are not visible and since there is no sky on the moon it is "obviously" a hoax. Those people probably don't know that the sky itself has nothing to do with the fact that stars are not visible during daylight. The astronauts landed in a place that was exposed to the light of the sun and the reflected light from earth, plus the camera used was an old model, it is only obvious that stars are no visible.

Old 2009-03-30, 13:03   Link #227
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
what about the waving flag? (i saw a video on tv) not like theres an atmosphere on the moon.
PS. i had a hunch that holocaust meant that. yeah, its ridiculous to believe it never happened...
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 14:12   Link #228
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
what about the waving flag? (i saw a video on tv) not like theres an atmosphere on the moon.
PS. i had a hunch that holocaust meant that. yeah, its ridiculous to believe it never happened...
Even more reason to disbelieve the theory that it happened in a TV studio, did they use a giant fan to make it wave? Or maybe someone forgot to shut the window? The "wind" on the flag wasn't wind. It was somebody touching the flag making it wave, and because there is no air, the flag didn't stop waving.

EDIT:

Aah, how could i forget the "expanding earth theory"?

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2009-03-30 at 15:31.
Old 2012-06-11, 16:29   Link #229
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Haha, I remember during a birthday party last year, my guy friend told my neighbour (an eleven year old kid) that kissing could get girls pregnant.

Perhaps he should have added ".....if the guy and the girl proceed to do something else".
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 16:36   Link #230
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
This year is when the Word Ends....

...wow, really? hmmm.. I see ... ok, pass me the ketchup..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 17:02   Link #231
Haladflire65
*Artist

Middle school girl: "Wow, I didn't know that Chinese people don't wear kimonos to work! They just wear normal clothes!"
Old 2012-06-11, 17:02   Link #232
Suomi
Kaiba

"Pit bulls are savage and should all be killed" or the like. The usual nonsense about how terrible pit bulls are...
It's not true. I work with them all the time (job at the local humane society) and they're not any better or worse than any other breed.
Old 2012-06-11, 20:27   Link #233
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

"I am a customer!" various idiots at stores.

The correct reply should be "You mean CONSUMER. Ever read the money section of the news, you retail unit?"

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor