AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-07, 14:34   Link #21
Zeydra
A random passerby

I think Kio is still supposed to be the focus to be honest. Even on the promo image for the arc he's the one in the centre, and he's the one with the FX. I really like Asemu and all, but I honestly can't see him playing much of a role in the future in terms of focus, besides being there to support Kio morally or something.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 14:50   Link #22
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Well, Kio is the most prominent character in the opening, so I figured he is still the main focus. But I still wish the spotlight was more evenly split on Kio, Flit and Asemu.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 23:32   Link #23
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

I guess that's really the problem if you are in the middle grounds. It's like that asem is just there for transition purposes. He's just there to complete the generations. He's like the two towers part of the lord of the rings movie, though it's important part of the story, you'll still remember the first and the last movies. Or like in mobile suits upgrade, Strike and Strike Freedom receives more love being the first and the last suits of Kira while freedom is barely remembered. Anyway I hope you guys got my point. I do agree that Asem might not have any bigger roles and he'll just be there to spout some reasonable ideas and some little.action. I'm just hoping that he's given an OVA though it's unlikely.

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 00:37   Link #24
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamdrawer View Post
I guess that's really the problem if you are in the middle grounds. It's like that asem is just there for transition purposes. He's just there to complete the generations. He's like the two towers part of the lord of the rings movie, though it's important part of the story, you'll still remember the first and the last movies. Or like in mobile suits upgrade, Strike and Strike Freedom receives more love being the first and the last suits of Kira while freedom is barely remembered. Anyway I hope you guys got my point. I do agree that Asem might not have any bigger roles and he'll just be there to spout some reasonable ideas and some little.action. I'm just hoping that he's given an OVA though it's unlikely.
I must be the oddball, since I love Freedom more than Strike Freedom, because I find the chest cannon ugly.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 01:49   Link #25
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I must be the oddball, since I love Freedom more than Strike Freedom, because I find the chest cannon ugly.
Hey I'm with you there. That unit was just fine without the silly additions later. Chest cannon was silly and did they really need to dump the shoulder ones just to add that instead?

It all makes sense though, I like the Freedom and Asemu's character . Will have to sharpen my appreciation of the Two Towers and I'll be fine.

Age really has done wonders from Asemu who suffered so often from self doubt and envy during his arc. But in the end he won the battles he needed to and survived. Now he's just being awesome all over the place. Hope he does serve a more prominent role here since he does bring the necessary middle to the two extremes. Between "kill the Vagans" Flit and "let's stop and talk" Kio someone's got to keep this show together. He's even put up with a relative downgrade (I can't see the Dark Hound as an upgrade) and still done just fine.
Old 2012-08-08, 02:01   Link #26
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

ok ok my analogy isn't really that good haha and also i'm one of those who like freedom than strike freedom, 00 raiser than 00 qan-t, asemu than kio and flit. I just wan't to point out that mostly it's the first and last that's being remembered but sadly most of the time the middle choice is somewhat better. :P I just really want to be in the middle.

and yeah that darkhound, it's really cool looking but lacks firepower. I also think that it's a downgrade. And i still prefer age-2 normal because i love blue XD if only they could upgrade darkhound like age-1. It's always the age-1 that gets upgrades

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
Old 2012-08-08, 06:05   Link #27
Raysoul

I think Dark Hound is as good as AGE-2 Normal (Lost the Hyper DODS rifle, added the Hooks and Flashbang), so I don't think that is a downgrade. Besides, DH isn't made by the AGE Builder.
Old 2012-08-08, 09:48   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysoul View Post
I think Dark Hound is as good as AGE-2 Normal (Lost the Hyper DODS rifle, added the Hooks and Flashbang), so I don't think that is a downgrade. Besides, DH isn't made by the AGE Builder.
Well if you compare it to the AGE-2 Double Bullet it's definitely a downgrade. I think it's also arguably worse than AGE-2 Normal because you do lose the long range firepower and you lose the dual wielding beam sabers for close range. A big deal was made in Asemu's first episode about his dual wielding and he used it several times in his arc. But here he just goes with a big lance that can't shoot anything. Though will say the hooks and flash bang are pretty effective.

Will say that regardless if Asemu could just get the AGE Builder to spit something out for him he'd be able to make 1000x better use of it than Kio is with the AGE-FX.
Old 2012-08-08, 11:28   Link #29
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

uhmm darkhound still has it's two beam sabers and if im not mistaken, asemu dual wielded the beam sabers against zanald(the beastman look alike).

but yeah he's not dual wielding more often in favor of that cool looking but pretty useless lance. All he really needs now for me is a proper gun and not useless vulcans.

Old 2012-08-08, 12:31   Link #30
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He didn't dual-wield since he didn't let go of the DODS Lancer against Zanald, but yes, the AGE-2 Dark Hound is still equipped with two beam sabers so it can still dual-wield.
Old 2012-08-08, 15:44   Link #31
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
He didn't dual-wield since he didn't let go of the DODS Lancer against Zanald, but yes, the AGE-2 Dark Hound is still equipped with two beam sabers so it can still dual-wield.
He DiD dual-wield against Zanald. We just didn't saw it in action. When the Bisidian Pirates arrive in episode 40, we see him holding two Beam Sabers.
Old 2012-08-08, 16:04   Link #32
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I don't see how the Double Bullet would give him any sort of advantage at this point. It lacks the surprise element that it had in Gen 2, Zeheart already knows what it looks like and how it works, and all of the main Vagan suits, Legilis, Girargha and Fawn Farsia have remote weapons, which they can just use to spam Asemu from range, thus rendering the DB useless. At least with the Dark Hound he can use those hooks as a shield to stop bits.
Old 2012-08-08, 18:04   Link #33
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually the Double Bullet still has excellent range, especially with its twin beam swords. Those would probably be more than enough to take out the Xamdrag, seeing how nothing else has been able to penetrate its armor.
Old 2012-08-09, 11:51   Link #34
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

I hope that they'll just give asemu the artemis wear and name.it.age-2 dark artemis..

Old 2012-08-09, 12:37   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I don't see how the Double Bullet would give him any sort of advantage at this point. It lacks the surprise element that it had in Gen 2, Zeheart already knows what it looks like and how it works, and all of the main Vagan suits, Legilis, Girargha and Fawn Farsia have remote weapons, which they can just use to spam Asemu from range, thus rendering the DB useless. At least with the Dark Hound he can use those hooks as a shield to stop bits.
Why does remote weaponry matter if he can fly around at high speeds and just shoot the heck out of his opponents? Surprise wasn't the major benefit of that unit. I gave the ability to fight multiple enemies, improved his range options without sacrificing close combat. If he wants to block the bits just use those massive beam swords then just shoot them down. Besides what he's been doing all this time is proving that it doesn't matter what they are shooting with if they can't hit you. Whether it's Zeheart or Fram they are all relying on their X-Rounder abilities which can't read his movements.

If Kio has proven anything it's that just being able to block attacks doesn't get you far . Still think in the end the Dark Hound was made to limit Asemu's options so Kio could stand out being the protagonist of this generation. Wouldn't do any good to be overshadowed by his father .
Old 2012-08-09, 13:06   Link #36
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Why does remote weaponry matter if he can fly around at high speeds and just shoot the heck out of his opponents? Surprise wasn't the major benefit of that unit. I gave the ability to fight multiple enemies, improved his range options without sacrificing close combat. If he wants to block the bits just use those massive beam swords then just shoot them down. Besides what he's been doing all this time is proving that it doesn't matter what they are shooting with if they can't hit you. Whether it's Zeheart or Fram they are all relying on their X-Rounder abilities which can't read his movements.

If Kio has proven anything it's that just being able to block attacks doesn't get you far . Still think in the end the Dark Hound was made to limit Asemu's options so Kio could stand out being the protagonist of this generation. Wouldn't do any good to be overshadowed by his father .
Zeheart isn't just relying on his X-Rounder abilities, he's also a very good pilot with lots of experience. It's the same deal with Flit. I don't know why you bring up Fram though, she said she's got no experience and would rely on her X-Rounder powers to help out Zeheart.

I don't know why you guys insist on this whole Super Pilot thing when all it does it give him equal footing vs X-Rounders. It doesn't make him better than everyone else. Heck Flit in his 60s is still a better all around pilot than Asemu...
Old 2012-08-09, 13:23   Link #37
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Zeheart isn't just relying on his X-Rounder abilities, he's also a very good pilot with lots of experience. It's the same deal with Flit. I don't know why you bring up Fram though, she said she's got no experience and would rely on her X-Rounder powers to help out Zeheart.

I don't know why you guys insist on this whole Super Pilot thing when all it does it give him equal footing vs X-Rounders. It doesn't make him better than everyone else. Heck Flit in his 60s is still a better all around pilot than Asemu...
Care to explain that? Can't remember a scene of the current generation where this was made evident.
Old 2012-08-09, 22:45   Link #38
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

uhmm I aree with the pst above, if you watch the battle of the last episode, flit was even saved twice from an attack first by his son and second by his grand son.

Tags
characters