AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-09-09, 02:33   Link #141
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Iirc even her Extra self IS horrifed at what lenghts her Alternative self is willing to go.
Yeah, i think it states , as long yuuko (alternative) does not give up on her humanity and as long she survive , humanity has a fighting chance.

She might be stone cold personality but ..... deep inside she's carry so many guilt and personal suffering too ... IMHO Alternative is kinda Yuuko ,Kasumi route also, show the many complexity both of them faced
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 07:01   Link #142
DoomRavager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
Well here's my interquel second chapter Izumi thing:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8314408/2/A-Cadets-Account

And here's a rough analogy of what's been happening on 4chan for about the past day as a result of my interquel second chapter Izumi thing:

http://thecinemasnob.com/2012/06/12/...re-review.aspx

I'm kind of out of it after arguing constantly over why not having the same exact pinpoint troop placement doesn't necessary contradict all of established canon and make the original basic plot completely inconceivable, so take this as you will.
Why don't we just link the actual thread so people can read for themselves in the interests of better understanding, and judge for themselves whether or not you are actually contradicting a sizable chunk of established canon, without needing you to make 'rough analogies' to color people's perceptions.

Behind the restrained irritation, I think they're making a pretty fair number of good points. Even disregarding all that stuff about G-elements and what exactly a 00 Unit and a 00 Unit candidate are, there's also bits later in the thread about how both troop placements and Hive structure do make your scenario pretty difficult (e.g. comms effective distances, possible BETA entry points in relation to XG-70d and Meiya location, the reason Meiya took so much longer than Takeru to enter the core block, etc.). I won't bother commenting on their reaction to your attitude and your reaction to theirs. As always, feel free to make up whatever you like to suit the scenario in your head, but don't push it as compatible with canon unless you can really say for sure it is.

http://archive.foolz.us/m/thread/8193676

Last edited by DoomRavager; 2012-09-09 at 11:18.
DoomRavager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 10:55   Link #143
John117xCortana

Would a ME TSF equipped with Silaris armor fare better ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 11:10   Link #144
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post
I honestly can't decide whether that thread is just plain awful or hilarious. Maybe both.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 11:13   Link #145
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Well yeah, one shouldn't attack fans, who invested time in a game series that is likely not in their comfort zone, then go writing a fixfic, and expect nice answers.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 11:15   Link #146
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

At this point, I just kinda roll my eyes and go back to my little workdesk - sorry, Hagoshod, but your stuff just isn't my kinda thing at all. It's like someone trying to do a fanfic of say Star Wars, without ever having seen any of the movies. Or someone trying to do a fanfic of Mass Effect without playing the games....

...ahahahahaha someone copypasta'ed my analogy. *snickers* I thought -chan hated ASuki?

Ah well. If it makes you happy, act as you will, Hagoshod - although at this point I'm quite sure your fic ain't my cuppa tea (well, milo or teh tarik, given I'm Malaysian.... goodness, can't remember the last time I had either beverage. I guess I oughta turn in my passport )

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Would a ME TSF equipped with Silaris armor fare better ?
That depends on how and whether they can get the Silaris armor. Frankly, given that it took the Systems Alliance a while to figure out how to make it, because the Asari weren't sharing... and given how fucking expensive it is, this is one of those things that would be neat, but there is not enough return on the investment to justify the resources and effort poured into it.

Again, trinium AP rounds for anti-Destroyer work. That's a better tradeoff - you have enough of those, you can stay on the ground and kill Destroyers from the front without having to take to the skies and expose yourself to Laserhax.

Like a jet fighter, a Tactical Surface Fighter is a fragile craft relying primarily on speed and maneuver as it's main defense. It shouldn't be throwing down in boxing matches or the like, it should be dancing about the battlefield spraying an impressive volume of fire and darting in an out of combat with its swords, not trying to wrestle a Destroyer.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 11:24   Link #147
DoomRavager

I get the feeling that if they had access to Mass Effect's technology, the first thing they'd probably do is pour it into an XG-70-esque superweapon gamechanger, rather than try to implement it in their existing TSF frames.
Old 2012-09-09, 11:33   Link #148
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

*slaps forehead* Exactly, and it's easier sometimes to start big, then scale down.

*facepalm* Goddamnit. If they have Mass Effect tech, then they can have mass accelerator cannons emplaced in orbit. You then have orbital fire support onto BETA targets. Main guns on a Systems Alliance Everest-class dreadnought fire 20 kilogram ferrous slugs that impact with the force of a 38 kiloton bomb. That's thirty eight thousand tons of TNT. And since it's going at 1.3% of lightspeed, and the main gun has a rate of fire of 12 rounds per minute, you're talking about the equivalent of three Hiroshima nukes every five seconds.

Holy fuck.

...on further reflection they aren't going to get so far so fast, so probably something like the Type-99 for the XG-70, and maybe a heavy machinegun equivalent for flight/squadron level Gun Sweeper TSFs.

Edit: The real importance of the Type-99, IMO, is that as a squad level weapon it is absolutely devastating against an onrushing BETA horde. It's powerful enough to vaporise BETA - including Destroyer-class, who have a Moh's Scale Level 15 diamond hard armor! (XP) As such, any weapon that can do that - even in bursts like a Mass Effect gun - is going to be extremely useful, for reasons I've mentioned above.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-09-09, 11:36   Link #149
John117xCortana

Hm...won't ME TSF assault cannon mass accelerators have better versatility ? They can switch to AP ammo, Incendiary, Shredder with a flick of a switch. Oh, and their 120mm cannon can be the TSF version of the Cain.

Oh and retractable Omni wrist blades.
Old 2012-09-09, 11:40   Link #150
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm honestly unsure if whether the personal ammo mods can be scaled up for the larger weapons - at a certain point, it becomes impossible for something to be scaled up, something called the Square Cube Law.

And I really doubt they'd have omni blades for the TSFs. Though if you could pull it off, it would be quite fun.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-09-09, 11:43   Link #151
John117xCortana

It would save space. And there would be less moving parts.

What about the Cain ?
Old 2012-09-09, 11:50   Link #152
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Again, if they could make the smart ammo like in ME2/3, that'd be great, but I strongly doubt they can scale the tech up from infantry small arms to vehicle auto cannon level.

I actually doubt they could make the Cain work - if they could, it'd be a great FUCK YOU BETA weapon, and an awesome grenade launcher equivalent, but that's if they can get it to work.

As for ME Assault Cannons, the main issues are that overheating is a problem - we see TSFs engaged in Final Protective Fires, where they're holding down the triggers and unloading all of their ammo into the BETA - this isn't going to work with guns from the Mako and Hammerhead, because of the cooldown time required. I could see those in a support role, assigned to a Gun Sweeper acting as a machinegunner equivalent, but not as a frontline weapon.

tl;dr, any mass accelerator guns are going to be so rare, they're going to fit the same category as the Type-99 to start with.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-09-09, 12:14   Link #153
John117xCortana

How about using ME1 cooling systems for machinegunners while using ME2/3 heat clips for those in the Storm Vanguard role or any role that involves them being in the front ?

The Mako's main cannon had a fast refire rate though.

Instead of putting Silaris armor on the TSF how about just putting it on their Supplemental Armor instead ?
Old 2012-09-09, 12:16   Link #154
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

A magazine for an assault cannon holds at least 600-odd rounds or so, IIRC.

The largest thermal clip size ever recorded was 100, for the typhoon light machine gun.

The math is evident.

*crashes into the TSF hangar due to fatigue*

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-09-09, 12:18   Link #155
DoomRavager

The Type-87 assault cannon could hold 2000 rounds per mag for the 36mm, I think.
Old 2012-09-09, 12:22   Link #156
John117xCortana

And it wasn't caseless.
Old 2012-09-09, 12:36   Link #157
DoomRavager

I'm pretty sure it was explicitly mentioned to be caseless somewhere. Besides the Unlimited OP showing casings being ejected, that was some sort of derp.
Old 2012-09-09, 13:11   Link #158
Esg

I'd find it interesting if some Marvel Big Bad ended up in Muv-Luv verse. Not someone overly broken like Galactus, Magneto or Doom but like someone like Zemo or Red Skull or Leader.
Esg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 18:39   Link #159
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

For a heavy anime like this, there's a surprising amount of ridiculous ideas in this thread.
Old 2012-09-09, 19:28   Link #160
Esg

Hey my ideas would make the verse even more grimdark
Esg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction, harem