Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-10, 22:04   Link #1
atalieneedssum1
*daydreaming* *sigh*

Hi!! Im new to this...

Hi!! I'm new to this website and I was hoping if anyone could help me with a couple of stuf:
1. Can anyone give me names of anime shows that are romantic/funny/dramatic or all of those three together?? plz?? I don't care what rating, as long as its not xxx or anything.
2. Do you guys anywhere other than YOUTUBE where I can watch anime??
3. Can you tell me where I can find names of anime??

PLZ and Thank you!!!
Old 2007-05-10, 22:17   Link #2
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Um, this should be moved to the "Suggestions" thread...
Old 2007-05-10, 22:23   Link #3
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hi... you might want to read the forum rules and look around for existing threads before starting a new one ---> There's already a Suggestion thread and an Introduction thread.

1) If you're talking about currently broadcast anime ---
Lovely Complex (5 episodes fansubbed so far) ... is pretty funny/romance.
Lucky*Star (5 eps so far) .... slice-of-life quirky humor
Nagasarete Airantou (5 eps so far) ... castaway island harem roma-comedy

2) You've registered at Animesuki.com ... its all about the torrents (on the main page). Install torrent software (if you use MS Windows, I recommend utorrent) and visit the torrent list. Select an episode torrent file and it'll start a file-sharing download. It isn't very difficult. It is Good to have a high-speed connection since a typical anime episode is about 180MB in size.
Youtube is "teh suck" for quality. Torrent files are as good as the original broadcast in quality and also usually have subtitles.
3) Visit the Series portion of the torrent site to find every unlicensed anime that has been fansubbed. Selecting a title will bring up a page of not only the active torrents, but also useful websites that describe the show.

Otherwise... watch the fansub threads and the Current Series threads to see what is popular and/or browse the threads to see what people say about them.
Old 2007-05-10, 23:23   Link #4
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by atalieneedssum1 View Post
1. Can anyone give me names of anime shows that are romantic/funny/dramatic or all of those three together??
That's a huge segment of the anime field! Here are a few that I particularly like:

Ai Yori Aoshi - A boy and girl are "betrothed" as children, then separated until she comes looking for him when he is in college. Due to problems with her family, they have to keep their relationship secret from their friends, so of course all the girls become interested in the "unattached" boy. It's what is know in anime circles as a "harem" comedy (lots of girls surrounding one boy, usually with lots of humorous sitations). This one has more actual rmoance than most, though, and is one of my favorites.

Moon Phase - About a man who meets a young vampire while on a photo assigment, and ends up helping her escape her father. Some romance, some comedy and a bit of drama, too.

Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~ About a college boy who meets a young woman who runs his apartment house who has a secret. Lots of funny supporting characters spice up the relationship between the two.

Ouran High School Host Club - This one is about a poor but smart girl who wins a scholarship to an expensive private school, where she gets involved in the "Host Club", a group of popular, rich, and often strange boys.

Quote:
2. Do you guys anywhere other than YOUTUBE where I can watch anime??
Yuck! Streaming video stinks. Either download the files and view them on your computer, or else rent/buy the DVDs.

Quote:
3. Can you tell me where I can find names of anime??
There are lots of websites that discuss anime (like the forum right here), or the Anime News Network site, which has a forum, news, and an "encyclopedia" of anime and manga. There are also a couple of english-language magazines dedicated to anime and manga, like Anime Insider and New Type.

Hope that helps!
Old 2007-05-11, 21:18   Link #5
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Azumanga Daioh! It's a classic!

Bartender is a series about a... bartender (imagine that) Very artful and stream of conciousness, with stories within stories every episode.

The Third (Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo or Girl with the Azure Eye) another of my all-time favorites.

Current series I'd point to, because I like them so much I'm totally biased:

Angel Heart. Updates monthly instead of weekly, and is up to episode 29.
Lovely Complex About a really tall girl and a really short boy, their complex about their size, and their budding love for each other.
Nodame Cantabile It's all about the music, fears to overcome, and friendships.
Seirei no Moribito Gem among anime...

If you want to watch streaming (and believe me, once you go torrent, you'll never go back) then there are some anime-specific sites out there, such as Crunchyroll, mangaspot, and AnimeEpisodes (though I must say, be kind to their bandwidth by torrenting, if you can), in addition to the many general-use sites like Youtube, Google Beta, Yahoo, and Veoh.

Edit: mangaspot got whacked by their video-supplier's new 15 minute rule. They pretty much have nothing now...

Last edited by Goofus Maximus; 2007-05-14 at 08:49.
Old 2007-05-12, 12:37   Link #6
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
1]
Kare Kano ~ funny, romantic and dramatic...
Fruits Basket ~ same as above...
Midori no Hibi ~ I hope the ecchiness will not bother you
Tenshi Na Konamaiki ~ funny, romantic... little to none dramatic moments....
Kanon 2006 ~ romantic, some funny scenes and some very nice dramatic moments IMO...
Kamichu ~ comedy, drama and romance and it all blends well

2]agree w/ mdauben and vexx

3]Anidb.net, moonphase.cc (japanese)
Old 2007-05-12, 14:08   Link #7
atalieneedssum1
*daydreaming* *sigh*

THANX!!! And yeah, I got a warning already on the movement thingy....lol...but thanx anyway for telling me....keep the suggestions coming cuz i like to watch shows just as much as reading!!!! THANX everybody!!
Old 2007-05-12, 17:27   Link #8
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Kodomo no omocha - blends comedy/drama perfectly and there's romance too.
Old 2007-05-12, 22:56   Link #9
ibreatheanime

I good place to watch streaming anime online is www.crunchyroll.com its easy. (you can only watched unlisenced anime though, so its good and legal) & the quality is okay, in most cases a little better than youtube.

For anime try
Air
Nana
Fruits Basket
Paradise kiss

if your new at watching anime, you should try all sorts, and watch a bunch of different series, so you get a good idea of what you like.
Old 2007-05-13, 07:39   Link #10
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Ah! My Goddess! - romantic comedy with several dramatic moments.
Mai-HiME - comedy/drama/action/some romance.
Old 2007-05-13, 18:22   Link #11
Korean_boi
BBOY

Send a message via AIM to Korean_boi
If no one mentioned it, Suzuka has a bit of sports mixed in(track and field) but the entire series mostly about drama and comedy. i think it has a bad ending though >_>

classic... i can't believe no one mentioned this one... Love Hina though love hina again was kind of pushing it, the ending was alright, nothing like the manga though...

that's all that comes to mind for me right now... im totally fried from cramming for studying for those damn ap exams
Closed Thread