TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 14:59   Link #902
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrean View Post
I don´t mean to complain

We really are blessed with translations right now.
But once you get a few chapters a day of a manga you really like, it is hard to wait when there is even a small gap - at least for me ^^

So what do you guess? How many chapters will there be until the series is finished?

Maybe a competition to One Piece?
Nah there is no way it can become something like One Piece xD The last boss has already been introduced to us and Kenichi is already fighting with the direct diciples of Yami... but yeah i believe a hundred + chapters is possible =D
Old 2008-11-18, 15:58   Link #903
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Scratch that he'll create his own superior style.

Honoka will likely classify big boob girls as enemies.

After reading the Kenichi gaiden. I have to say Ellen is a better student than Kenichi.

Learning and mastering Kousaka-ryuu in seven days.

It makes sense since Kenichi doesn't use weapons.

Why do I have a feeling that once Shinpaku rengou graduates they'll be replaced by the kids.

Specifically Ellen (ninja), mountain kid forgot his name (Jujitsu) and Honoka.

I'm leaning on Honoka learning and mastering kempo if her boyfriend is Hermit.
She'll learn everything, like her brother. The only difference is, she'll actually show talent.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 18:20   Link #904
Isekaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She'll learn everything, like her brother. The only difference is, she'll actually show talent.

As long as she doesn't learn the Ryusei Seikuken in 3 days or something like that is ok to me. It would be scary if Kenichi's sister's eyes start to glow. If so, I probably would go to a corner and start laughing like a madman.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 18:30   Link #905
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Honoka is probabl a dou type, since she gets riled up too easily. So she won't be able to learn Seikuken, the ultimate form for Sei types.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 18:32   Link #906
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Hope somewhere along the line something would break the technique of Seikuken.
Old 2008-11-18, 19:27   Link #907
Cinocard

Behold! New scans. I really bow down to Nerieru release schedule....

And Thor real name.. Chiaki Yuma, sounds just so gay for the guy

Last edited by Cinocard; 2008-11-18 at 19:57.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 20:50   Link #908
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Lol, Tanimoto is jealous that Honoka listens to Kenichi and not him XD I really really see Honoka and Tanimoto being official eventually. 3 year difference is small.
Old 2008-11-18, 22:56   Link #909
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Hmm the first page of chapter 280 was unexpected...

It was so funny to see Honoka stuck to Hermits leg and then simply move away when Kenichi told her so xD

If they keep releasing like this we will be catching up with the raws in 2 weeks... good and bad news /sob

Last edited by incube; 2008-11-18 at 23:08.
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 00:39   Link #910
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Hope somewhere along the line something would break the technique of Seikuken.
Shou was able to break it a couple of times with his "center of balance shift" technique. Kenichi broke Odin's Seikkuken by changing up his attack rythm repeatedly. Seikkuken wouldn't work against an opponent far stronger as well. It's far from being a impervious technique.....it's unbeatable once you've figured out all your enemy's moves and abilities though.

Spoiler for 277:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Lol, Tanimoto is jealous that Honoka listens to Kenichi and not him XD I really really see Honoka and Tanimoto being official eventually. 3 year difference is small.
Wow, really? I always thought there was a ten year difference. If it's only 3 years then they could indeed be knocking boots one day...

One question:
Spoiler for 281:

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-11-19 at 04:08.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 02:04   Link #911
Cinocard

He stopped at the last moments, just as how Tirawit calculated.

If i don't remember wrong, Honoka was at seven grade, so now she should be an Eight grader?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
Shou was able to break it a couple of times with his "center of balance shift" technique. Kenichi broke Odin's Seikkuken by changing up his attack style repeatedly. Seikkuken wouldn't work against an opponent far stronger as well. It's far from being a impervious technique.....it's unbeatable once you've figured out all your enemy's moves and abilities though.
Theoretically, Ryusui Seikuken is all about figuring out the opponent then blending in his rhythm.

Last edited by Cinocard; 2008-11-19 at 17:02.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 02:54   Link #912
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
Shou was able to break it a couple of times with his "center of balance shift" technique. Kenichi broke Odin's Seikkuken by changing up his attack style repeatedly. Seikkuken wouldn't work against an opponent far stronger as well. It's far from being a impervious technique.....it's unbeatable once you've figured out all your enemy's moves and abilities though.

Spoiler for 277:

Wow, really? I always thought there was a ten year difference. If it's only 3 years then they could indeed be knocking boots one day...

One question:
Spoiler for 281:
Yeah its only 3 years. She's in Junior High
Old 2008-11-19, 04:20   Link #913
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
I don't expect Kenichi to face any stronger disciple than Shou Kano now. Yes, he will face enemies with more psychological tricks, less compassion, more experience, killing intent, intellect or what not. Hence, they might present Kenichi with more difficulties than even Shou did (as we're seeing with Tirawit right now). But Kano was head of Yomi precisely because he was their best pure martial artist in a man-vs-man , head-on fight. It would be a shame if the manga ret-cons that later just for the sake of presenting ever-stronger bosses.

Kenichi was perhaps lucky that he could understand Shou so well. They both studied the same four martial arts. They both wanted to protect Miu. They both had a sense of compassion for vitims of cruelty. Moreover, Shou's style bore many similarities to Miu, Kenichi's sparring partner for a year. Those were all unique advantages that Kenichi won't have in his remaining fights, and why the remaining Yomi members will present a credible challenge even if they are not head-and-shoulders above shou. That's why I'm pleased with how Tirawit is being built up as a cunning strategist. It's refreshing to see a hero face greater challenges from enemies with different approaches and not increasing power-levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Theoretically, Ryusui Seikuken is all about figuring out the opponent then blending in his rhythm.
Yup. That means it's probably only truly effective at the tail-end of a fight once you've seen everything the enemy can do. Even his normal seikkuken wouldn't be too effective while his enemy can surprise him with moves/attack rhythm he hasn't seen.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 05:49   Link #914
kuppy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Nah there is no way it can become something like One Piece xD The last boss has already been introduced to us and Kenichi is already fighting with the direct diciples of Yami... but yeah i believe a hundred + chapters is possible =D
I dont mind if it becomes like another one piece. I DO mind if it becomes like Hajime no Ippo: almost 900 chapters and STILL GOING ON.
kuppy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 05:53   Link #915
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I think they have enough material to do another anime season. Up to the last fight of D of D would be a good stopping point for the season.
Old 2008-11-19, 06:58   Link #916
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

"A counter thrown to a counter thrown to a counter thrown" ahahah ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 07:28   Link #917
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Theoretically the Elder's technique doesn't require Kenichi do have a deep understanding of his opponent, just the ability to read his opponents intent, thus the reason he is able to use it on just about anyone.

Against Miu, as the Elder pointed out, he tries going too deep, thus the reason it doesn't work.

Kenichi's own experience is what prevents the Ryusui Seikuken from completely overwhelming his opponents after Shou. It does have the weakness against opponents who can push past Kenichi's ability to defend against there attacks.

Tirwat is one example, the pure power of his technique forces Kenichi to be pushed back by the technique instead of nullifying it.

and later
Spoiler for Spoiler:

On another note, the latest RAW with Renka and Chikage is pretty humerous.
Especially the Kisara + Renka part.
Old 2008-11-19, 13:45   Link #918
ser4

282 out by silver... something or other

Spoiler for shocking:
ser4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 14:52   Link #919
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Hohoho, the time for Kenichi to learn "courage" has come.
Old 2008-11-19, 15:18   Link #920
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Hohoho, the time for Kenichi to learn "courage" has come.
indeed. Shigure fans rejoice!!!!

Tags
shounen