AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-11-22, 09:49   Link #21
arcadeplayer987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
BTW, I noticed that crytec really sux at the cinematics. I though they had improved from farcry but the work remains sloppy.

Edit: Bah... I used god_mode to see the ending.
I disagree, I think the cinematics are pretty good, especially the final explosion
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 10:13   Link #22
Meatrose
Antihero

I'm going to grab this game as soon as I've assembled my new computer. I'm going for the 8800GT and an Intel Core2 Duo E6850... that should do the trick. I was originally going for the quad-core until I really sat down and read about them. I'm really glad I didn't order the Q6600. Quad-users are raging due to lack of performance in Crysis, and these Intel-quads are not even a real quad-cores... only two dual-cores fused together. (Anyone remember the "fake" dual-cores that emerged early in the dual-core era?)

Nah, everyone who's thinking about quad should wait until at least early 2008 when the Penryn is released.

Can't wait to play the game though... and a lot of other games. My old computer (this one) runs an AMD 64 3500+ and a Radeon 9800 PRO, so it's pretty obvious that I haven't been able to play any recent games. I think I gave up the thought of playing newly released games when I tried out Fear upon its release.
Old 2007-11-23, 03:52   Link #23
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadeplayer987 View Post
I disagree, I think the cinematics are pretty good, especially the final explosion

Ups... actually I meant when you have interaction with your allies inside the game plus when for example you are inside the carrier... I find it kinda dumb the when you go away the your ally still keep looking at the same place. There parts where other chars kinda look at the wrong directions.

BTW, I have tested another config with my rig and I can have:

1024*768 + FULL AA (16) + all setting in high except the postproccessing that I left in medium. That is running in winxp. Anything higher than that would means delays here and there. Low fps.

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2007-11-23 at 05:13.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 07:51   Link #24
arcadeplayer987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Ups... actually I meant when you have interaction with your allies inside the game plus when for example you are inside the carrier... I find it kinda dumb the when you go away the your ally still keep looking at the same place. There parts where other chars kinda look at the wrong directions.

BTW, I have tested another config with my rig and I can have:

1024*768 + FULL AA (16) + all setting in high except the postproccessing that I left in medium. That is running in winxp. Anything higher than that would means delays here and there. Low fps.
Have you finish it??
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 12:53   Link #25
Tiberium Wolf

Yes... I did finish in the hard mode. Now making another pass in the normal mode where I can relax more and enjoy the environment.
Old 2007-11-26, 22:41   Link #26
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

My friend just bought the full game of crysis and couldnt pass it on normal and blamed it on his mouse and just went back and bought a G5 mouse for $118 AUS, he came back and still hasnt completed it yet lol
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 00:21   Link #27
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Kinomoto View Post
My friend just bought the full game of crysis and couldnt pass it on normal and blamed it on his mouse and just went back and bought a G5 mouse for $118 AUS, he came back and still hasnt completed it yet lol
Crysis is a different game from most FPS where you expect to be able to fight hordes of baddies Doom style and win. Still, once you get the whole stealth+headshot routine down then the game becomes much, much easier at least until the later parts. So mayhaps your friend does indeed just suck.
Old 2007-11-27, 04:22   Link #28
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Crysis is a different game from most FPS where you expect to be able to fight hordes of baddies Doom style and win. Still, once you get the whole stealth+headshot routine down then the game becomes much, much easier at least until the later parts. So mayhaps your friend does indeed just suck.
Lol thats what i told him, Im really impressed with the graphics and scenery of the game from what i saw but storyline....lol it suxz
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 04:37   Link #29
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Well storyline, it all comes down to what you compare it to. Crysis' storyline is a hell of a sight more involved and fleshed-out than say Quake 4's. Or mayhaps we even mention something older like Quake 2? Or Doom?

It's really hard for many recent FPS game to come close to the storyline classics of the FPS genre, like Half-Life/Half-Life 2, Halo, Deus Ex 1, and Marathon.
Old 2007-11-27, 05:19   Link #30
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Bought it and finished it in 5 days, not in full playing (as in 24/7), but just with 2-3 hours sessions per day.

I used normal mode, since Half Life 1 was the last pure FPS I played. Graphics went fine with a last generation pc, all details set to max and AA set to 2x with DX9. I've only had 2 crashes in total, and some rare slow downs during the movies inside the game. So I'd say that as far as I'm concerned, the game was well developed, I've seen games with a whole lot of bugs compared to this (to mention a recent one, Bioshock).

I liked the gameplay, while as for the storyline I didn't dislike it, but found it too short. I actually was surprised when it ended

Spoiler for Crysis end:

Aside from that, the only point where I did have troubles was

Spoiler for Crysis:

Overall I did prefer the first part compared to the second. Though nothing really special was seen in terms of storyline or originality.

Oh, and Helena Rosenthal is hot!

I'd give it a 7 all in all. Wonderful graphics but that's pretty much all about it. Don't buy it if you expect a "long" experience. As I said, in 15 hours or so it was done in normal mode.
That's also me, I prefer rpg games like Morrowind or Oblivion where, even if you have a mission ongoing, you can hang around a bit making the experience wider (and longer).Didn't try the multiplayer mode yet, not a real fan of it.

Also renamed the thread from "Crysis demo" to "Crysis" since the game is long time out at this point of time.
Old 2007-11-27, 15:49   Link #31
Tiberium Wolf

I think the last 2 perse bosses were kinda lame. It's you vs something uber huge!
Old 2007-11-27, 16:37   Link #32
Honey_and_Cleaver

I got the hang of this game, but its an ok game, fun killing NK baddies though, but after sometime, i get lagg, hate killing the same thing and just give up and continue playing Halo3 on xbox360. Opponents lack the dynamics, they can just fight like a human, but nothing that can jump on ya like saying new things or those idiots get together and throw something creative at me. Maybe im just starting the game, when i got to the corn field and chopper, thats it, it just became too much to bare, the boredom i mean. But id probrably continue after i finish Halo3.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 21:46   Link #33
Jays

Finished it today after playing it on and off the past few weeks.

Ran it at all high settings with AAx4 on DX9 @ 1280 by 1024. Solid frames per second, but it did have some difficulty with cut scenes.

As an FPS buff I was definately impressed with Crysis, and definately one of the best in years, probably since FEAR. It took a lot of things from FarCry (obviously) and from Half Life 2. There were some sequences in the game that just made me keep thinking, Half Life 2, while at the same time being very original.

It's also a tale of two games if you ask me. The first 2/3 of the game was what Crysis was hyped out to be, and probably the part that I most enjoyed. The last third of the game was different, not saying it was bad, but it really is what seperates Crysis from all other FPS.

Going back to the first 2/3 of the game, I loved it, I want more. The North Korean AI makes you think and respond, it makes use your nanosuit and it makes you plan things out before you do it. I wish the entire game would have been about this, seeing as I'm not that keen on shooting non humanoid looking aliens.

I'm gonna say that Crysis is a thinking mans FPS, because you can't run and gun.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 23:39   Link #34
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Lol noobs. I finished the game after 12 straight hours of gaming right after buying it on wednesday the 14th at 2 PM Since I didn't see much feedback here, I didn't even care about coming back. Good that we're having some action here now though =)

Still, played the game on Very High settings with no AA and under DX9, solid 20-24 FPS and 2+ FPS with my GTS overclocked to 575/900. Very very playable, that much I'll tell you. I do plan on writing a review later, but now I just don't have the time for that with finals week coming up and such.

And I have to agree that the game was rather short. I was expecting it to go further, but I think the last 3-4 missions were much quicker than the first five. It did take me over an hour to go through Core, because it's one hell of a maze, I'll tell you. And between sporadic "OH SHI-"s and "WAAAH!"s, I managed to get through it without many problems ( considering I had 5 bullets in my pistol for 80% of the map ). However, you guys did hear that Crysis will actually be a trilogy, right? InCrysis has more on that. Which, to me, is extremelly awesome since I just loved this game to my heart's content.

I'm not sure about you guys, but I loved the storyline, even if it is a little fishy and has all the known cliches of the FPS genre. But really, there're 1001 ways of completing the first few missions and you can take a different route every time. I've seen a guy sleeping while the other was singing and a quick Cloak + Get back + smack you biach and then hit the other dude with your weapon throwing him back 30 feet did put a smile on my face.

I had some trouble at the lest level also, but that's a known bug and I managed to fix it on my own. I don't need to say I had the WORST headache the following day, but oh the sweet memories of Crysis were there

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 01:01   Link #35
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I also recently finished Crysis, and really enjoyed it. The later bits of the game got pretty epic. I'm glad we'll see more of it in the future.

And you had only 5 bullets for your pistol? Maybe you had a different difficulty and it's different then, but I started out with an SMG and the minigun, then got shotgun and full ammo once inside the maze (I ended up blowing through almost all of it by the end though; should've grab+punched more often).

EDIT: My funniest death had to be when I accidentally ran my speed boat onto land. I got out, and started maxstrength punching it to try to knock it back into the water and it blows up in my face, taking me with it.
Old 2007-11-28, 01:24   Link #36
Jays

Yeah the Core took me close to an hour to complete. It was one of the defining features of Crysis, consideirng I don't think something like that has eve been done before. There were a lot of those garbage rooms or what not that Nomad says is where they put things they've collected. Those rooms usually had a hand full of ammo in there, but yeah I barely got out, specially the last room, it felt like if I moved an inch I would get hit by something.

Just thinking about half of the game makes me want to go back and play it. However, I wonder how Crysis 2 will play out, seeing as they are going back into the sphere and I didn't particularly enjoy blasting those aliens.

The more I think about it, the more I want FarCry 2 to come out!
Old 2007-11-28, 02:46   Link #37
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Once I got the gauss rifle again though, blasting aliens got a hell of a lot easier.
Old 2007-11-28, 02:57   Link #38
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Once I got the gauss rifle again though, blasting aliens got a hell of a lot easier.
Yeah, back on "Onslaught", when I first got I was laughing at how pathetic it was.

It's a great weapon against the aliens, specially the big ones, but it fails against the hordes of North Koreans.
Old 2007-11-28, 03:15   Link #39
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
Still, played the game on Very High settings with no AA and under DX9, solid 20-24 FPS and 2+ FPS with my GTS overclocked to 575/900. Very very playable, that much I'll tell you. I do plan on writing a review later, but now I just don't have the time for that with finals week coming up and such.
20-24 fps is not playable for me. I need 30+.
Old 2007-11-28, 13:01   Link #40
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
20-24 fps is not playable for me. I need 30+.
I'm easilly satisfied But yeah, it does stutter around quite a lot on those FPSs. Pretty lame for the newest Gen hardware, but hey this is what makes Crysis so sweetzors.

Quote:
EDIT: My funniest death had to be when I accidentally ran my speed boat onto land. I got out, and started maxstrength punching it to try to knock it back into the water and it blows up in my face, taking me with it.
No seriously, the last level was so full of traps it's not even funny. I think I died about 10 times beating the last boss just for stepping into the flames on the deck of the ship. But I think my funniest death to date ( and one of the most aggravating ones either ) was during a multiplayer game. This dude closes one of the gates to the Prototype factory in Shore but leaves the other side open and puts a mine right on the ground. Me and 2 other players get into a vehicle and drive like mad bikers into the Prot Factory, and I'm like "KAY GUYS LET'S RAID THE PROT-" * Car is blown to smitherines, everybody flies 200 meters and fall into the sea *. Couple of suicides made me lol too, especially when I'm going really sneaky into an enemy facility and checking for Claymores and C4s and comes this dumb teammate raiding in Speed mode and triggers all of them at once, while I'm watching his body get thrown around like a ragdoll from afar.

Core was simply amazing. I mean, it wasn't very different from your "I'm all alone now, I need to gtfo of here if I don't wanna get stuffed and collected" type of map in most FPSs, but seriously, it was SO original. The zero-g made ALL the difference on that thing.. Seriously, I lost gravity at the beginning of the map and three seconds later I couldn't tell what was floor, what was ceiling or the walls. And you get VERY confused throughout the level because of that. Fighting those blue aliens on that environment, all alone and in complete silence was one of the greatest thrills I've ever experienced in a game.

Quote:
And you had only 5 bullets for your pistol? Maybe you had a different difficulty and it's different then, but I started out with an SMG and the minigun, then got shotgun and full ammo once inside the maze (I ended up blowing through almost all of it by the end though; should've grab+punched more often).
I had those two when I first got into the level, but the first time I had an encounter with an alien, I simply freaked out. I started shooting like a crazy hobo and quickly ran out of bullets. Until I got the FY71 and a Shotgun at the storage room, I was using Grab/Shoot in the face with the pistol/punch for most of the time. That was one hell of a ride.

After you get out of their base and go into the next level where
Spoiler:
, it's also one hell of a job to get through the swarm of aliens and those HUGE cliffs from the mountain that fell off. I freaked out and jumped - Oh nanosuit, thank God for your existence. After that, my adrenaline was at 100%. Seriously, I think the last 2/3 of the game are the most intense, even if they're not as "good" as the other parts. You're running for your life from a horde of killer aliens, having to protect everyone, being followed by a huge exoskeleton and having aliens falling and shooting everyone. The sounds, the scenes, everything was just so intense I couldn't take my eyes away from the game for a single second. It was great like that.

Oh, and need I say I killed the huge exoskeleton with the Nade launcher from my SCAR and the Gauss rifle? GOD THAT TOOK LONG. I was saving my Rocket Launchers for later, only to find out there's a crate of them around, one of those that give you an infinite supply of launchers... seriously, that sucked.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote