Old 2010-07-26, 00:57   Link #161
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Part two of the prologue translation is up:

http://kaijyuu-m.livejournal.com/27134.html
Thanks again Kitsoru.

Still don't who 'Princess Aurora' could be(doubt it's Relena) but this novel is definitely interesting. It's nothing major but I like how we're being given specific details of previously unknown AC locations and terms.
Old 2010-07-26, 08:16   Link #162
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Thanks again Kitsoru.

Still don't who 'Princess Aurora' could be(doubt it's Relena) but this novel is definitely interesting. It's nothing major but I like how we're being given specific details of previously unknown AC locations and terms.
Especially considering this means Dr. J was alive following Libra's destruction... I wonder if that means the other Gundam engineers survived?

Also, that boy has GOT to be related to Heero somehow, with an attitude and look like that XD
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 12:27   Link #163
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Especially considering this means Dr. J was alive following Libra's destruction... I wonder if that means the other Gundam engineers survived?

Also, that boy has GOT to be related to Heero somehow, with an attitude and look like that XD
But father maxwell never lies and father maxwell said that it is his son duo. If it isn't then father maxwell who never lies told a lie unless he adopted the boy.
Old 2010-07-26, 13:01   Link #164
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
But father maxwell never lies and father maxwell said that it is his son duo. If it isn't then father maxwell who never lies told a lie unless he adopted the boy.
He said it was his son. He didn't specify biological or adopted and he also could CONSIDER him a son if he's raised him while Heero and Relena were MIA (brings to mind Sol Badguy raising Ky Kiske's son Sin in the game Guilty Gear 2: Overture... Sin considers Sol his father cuz he raised him, not Ky...)

Besides, Duo never outright lies but that's not the same as with-holding information
Old 2010-07-26, 18:51   Link #165
Elo the Blue

Quote:

I'm pretty sure J and the other scientists are dead. Cathy accessed the files from an old database. J likely created the Artificial Hibernation Refrigeration Capsule before he died. It wouldn't be the first time in AC that someone discovered blueprints of a machine.

And I really don't think the boy is related to Heero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
Agreed.

Quote:
He said it was his son. He didn't specify biological or adopted and he also could CONSIDER him a son if he's raised him while Heero and Relena were MIA (brings to mind Sol Badguy raising Ky Kiske's son Sin in the game Guilty Gear 2: Overture... Sin considers Sol his father cuz he raised him, not Ky...)

Besides, Duo never outright lies but that's not the same as with-holding information
A lot of 'ifs'. I'm not saying there's no way the child isn't Heero's son but the facts are Duo was the only pilot living with a woman at the conclusion of the EW. It would only make sense they had a son together.
Old 2010-07-26, 19:00   Link #166
Kitsoru

Quote:
I'm pretty sure J and the other scientists are dead. Cathy accessed the files from an old database. J likely created the Artificial Hibernation Refrigeration Capsule before he died. It wouldn't be the first time in AC that someone discovered blueprints of a machine.
The audio file is from AC 196, more specifically 8 months before Endless Waltz which would place it around Spring of AC 196- the scientists died around Christmas of AC 195, New Years at latest.

Quote:
A lot of 'ifs'. I'm not saying there's no way the child isn't Heero's son but the facts are Duo was the only pilot living with a woman at the conclusion of the EW. It would only make sense they had a son together.
Since when was 'living together' at age 16 a prerequisite for having a child as an adult? Relena is a politician, she travels constantly. Heero was trying to live as a normal civilian (in animated canon, the manga canon is even more explicit about them), which means going to school and staying in one place. It isn't exactly a stretch to think that once he graduated and/or they were older adults, that at some point they'd become serious somehow.

My personal guess, and this isn't saying I think that's what's up necessarily in the novel because we don't yet know enough, but my guess is that as adults they became more involved, he got her pregnant, then either died, went missing, or went into hiding for whatever reason, since (from Cathy's point of view) nobody seems to know anything about him at this point in history despite knowing of his one-time existence. It's even possible, given Dr. J's foreshadowing quote about there always being a 'need' for 'Heero Yuy', is that he may very well be 'Sleeping Beauty/Princess Aurora' if it isn't Relena (or someone else). Why wouldn't they keep their greatest 'deterrent' locked away for future use?
Old 2010-07-26, 19:48   Link #167
Elo the Blue

Quote:
The audio file is from AC 196, more specifically 8 months before Endless Waltz which would place it around Spring of AC 196- the scientists died around Christmas of AC 195, New Years at latest.
You're right. J must be more metal than man now. LOL!

Quote:
Since when was 'living together' at age 16 a prerequisite for having a child as an adult? Relena is a politician, she travels constantly. Heero was trying to live as a normal civilian (in animated canon, the manga canon is even more explicit about them), which means going to school and staying in one place. It isn't exactly a stretch to think that once he graduated and/or they were older adults, that at some point they'd become serious somehow.

My personal guess, and this isn't saying I think that's what's up necessarily in the novel because we don't yet know enough, but my guess is that as adults they became more involved, he got her pregnant, then either died, went missing, or went into hiding for whatever reason, since (from Cathy's point of view) nobody seems to know anything about him at this point in history despite knowing of his one-time existence. It's even possible, given Dr. J's foreshadowing quote about there always being a 'need' for 'Heero Yuy', is that he may very well be 'Sleeping Beauty/Princess Aurora' if it isn't Relena (or someone else). Why wouldn't they keep their greatest 'deterrent' locked away for future use?
I never said living together at 16 is a prerequisite for having a child later but honestly, what seems more plausible: Duo and Hilde having a son after living together for a number of years or Heero and Relena having a son and then giving the boy to Duo to raise? What would stop Relena from raising a child herself?

Heero could very well be 'Princess Aurora'(a bit odd to name a guy a princess though) we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 2010-07-26, 20:42   Link #168
Kitsoru

Quote:
You're right. J must be more metal than man now. LOL!
Haha, well he was already walking proof of bionic technology in AC, makes sense that he'd have access to the best there is and any advances (he probably even developed some himself! Just look at the freeze capsules...)

Quote:
I never said living together at 16 is a prerequisite for having a child later but honestly, what seems more plausible: Duo and Hilde having a son after living together for a number of years or Heero and Relena having a son and then giving the boy to Duo to raise? What would stop Relena from raising a child herself?
Honestly? Heero and Relena, in my book, considering how much the series focused on them and their relationship (platonic or not, even- much of the series is essentially about Relena growing up). I don't think Duo and Hilde is far fetched either, but here we see Duo as a priest (and priests don't have children, though Japan seems to forget a lot of how Catholicism works when it borrows it for fictional works) with no sign of Hilde. Could it be his and Hilde is dead or gone (or simply hasn't appeared yet)? Sure, maybe, but the descriptions given of the kid is a clear-cut case of a Chekov's Gun pointing to ties to Heero, in my mind.

...Unless of course he's intentionally trolling us, in which case... well, what can ya do XD;

Quote:
Heero could very well be 'Princess Aurora'(a bit odd to name a guy a princess though) we'll just have to wait and see.
Well, it is a codename after all, and it wasn't a prince in Sleeping Beauty. The allegory still fits even if the gender doesn't Though I can surely see him getting teased about it later if it is him...

EDIT: ANN's announcement about the new EW-based manga.

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2010-07-27 at 00:08. Reason: link to ann article
Old 2010-07-27, 17:18   Link #169
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Honestly? Heero and Relena, in my book, considering how much the series focused on them and their relationship (platonic or not, even- much of the series is essentially about Relena growing up). I don't think Duo and Hilde is far fetched either, but here we see Duo as a priest (and priests don't have children, though Japan seems to forget a lot of how Catholicism works when it borrows it for fictional works) with no sign of Hilde. Could it be his and Hilde is dead or gone (or simply hasn't appeared yet)? Sure, maybe, but the descriptions given of the kid is a clear-cut case of a Chekov's Gun pointing to ties to Heero, in my mind.

...Unless of course he's intentionally trolling us, in which case... well, what can ya do XD;
Hilde isn't a major character and after she began living with him, Duo wanted her to stay away from conflict of any kind so it isn't surprising she wouldn't be in the prologue.

Again, we'll see how it plays but I just don't think the child's mannerisms and Duo being a priest are good enough reasons to assume the boy is Heero's son.

Quote:
I wonder if the EW manga will be a side-story or feature the Gundam pilots. Looking forward to it nevertheless.
Old 2010-08-01, 07:12   Link #170
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Star-Wing
Quote:
Hilde isn't a major character and after she began living with him, Duo wanted her to stay away from conflict of any kind so it isn't surprising she wouldn't be in the prologue.
Since when did the female leads in Gundam Wing take any advice from the male leads :P especially, when they were asked to stay away (not Relena, not Noin, not....not Hilde either).

Last edited by Star-Wing; 2010-08-01 at 07:15. Reason: Forgot to subscribe to the thread.
Star-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 23:45   Link #171
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Wing View Post
Since when did the female leads in Gundam Wing take any advice from the male leads :P especially, when they were asked to stay away (not Relena, not Noin, not....not Hilde either).
That's true. Knowing Hilde, she probably secretly joined the Preventers.
Old 2010-08-09, 19:42   Link #172
Kitsoru

20 days to the new chapters! Art from pixiv:

Heero.. frozen? Haha.
Old 2010-08-09, 20:11   Link #173
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Star-Wing
^
Just a quick reply...THAT expression is priceless! Haha, seems like Heero was either frozen against his will or he came to know he is being called 'Princess Aurora'.
I want to credit the artist, if you can tell me where to And thanks for sharing~

Last edited by Star-Wing; 2010-08-10 at 01:51.
Star-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 00:13   Link #174
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Wing View Post
^
Just a quick reply...THAT expression is priceless! Haha, seems like Heero was either frozen without his will or he came to know he is being called 'Princess Aurora'.
I want to credit the artist, if you can tell me where to And thanks for sharing~
I know! I was thinking the latter as well, hahaha. A death glare at Duo.....

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=12255155

Here's the original link to the picture, and it would appear that the artist is "ヒナタ@ROM", if I'm reading correctly.
Old 2010-08-11, 14:36   Link #175
Elo the Blue

Quote:

Heero.. frozen? Haha.
Around 30 years later, Heero is STILL rocking the green vest and compression shorts...love it!

Old 2010-08-11, 14:42   Link #176
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:

Heero.. frozen? Haha.
Heero has GOT to stop running around and pushing buttons while saying Mission Accepted.

Shit like this happens otherwise.
Old 2010-08-12, 00:17   Link #177
Kitsoru

Quote:
Around 30 years later, Heero is STILL rocking the green vest and compression shorts...love it!

You know the unnerving thing I realized about that is... ever seen a guy in Spandex?

That isn't wearing a dance belt? (Go to say, Comiccon; you'll see plenty of them. You can tell who's a seasoned cosplayer and who's a novice by which of them are wearing dancebelts and which have their junk hanging out.)

D:

Something tells me Heero doesn't wear dance belts under his bikeshorts, so once he hit puberty........ *shudders*
Old 2010-08-12, 00:19   Link #178
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Perhaps that's why he decided to switch over to jeans after a year or so.
Old 2010-08-12, 03:34   Link #179
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I'm sure he had to beat relena off with a stick!
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 04:52   Link #180
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Any information on the mecha to feature in the novel? I know there's this MG deathscythe endless waltz version that was released recently. But I can't imagine them using the EW versions of the series gundams in the novel.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing