AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-11, 20:56   Link #1
strategos

Good Games for Pc

Hello, am posting this thread for the "Greater Good" search of PC.
Recently I've been playing the RTS Dawn of War: WarHammer 40k: Dark Crusade and the previous expansion plus original game. I've been trying to fiind more good games out there. But sometimes I kind lose tracks of all the games that are good and I dont know about or the new games that are going to be launch. LOL busy XD.
I recently saw Might and MAgic: HEroes V. Does anyone know what kind of RPG game is this? Is this a Online Game like Guild Wars; do I have to pay? Or this is a normal RPG with been able to have multiplayer function? Any sugestion ^^?
Also, I've been wondering f there any good game anime like for the PC?
Are there also any other good RTS? I was planning on buying Star Craft I, since the 2 is comming next year. I was also planning on buying the RTS of Star Wars, I;ve seen it and looks rather good ^^.
Are there any good free MMO games like Guild Wars?
Any good adventure game or action game?
Any game that comming for the 360 that will someday come for the pc aswell ^^.
Thnks ^__^.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2007-06-11, 21:12   Link #2
ImClueless
Rawr

Alright I'll weigh in

Heroes of Might and Magic is not a RPG game. It is a Fantasy Strategy game with RPG elements ie your hero units level up and search/gather treasure. I don't remember what the online play was like for V, but the game is primarily single player.

As for good RTS's there are tons if you are willing to reach as far back as Star Craft 1. Series to check are out the Command and Conquer and Warcraft series. Specifically for good recent strategy games check out Supreme Commander, Command and Conquer 3, and Company of Heroes.

For MMO's the words free and good don't usually go together. Just pay and play World of Warcraft and be lost to the rest of society. RESIST!!!!

The adventure genre is pretty much dead. Although you can always go and play the classics like the Monkey Island series.

A good recent FPS is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. . There hasn't really been any other good ones this year so far, but more will come. FPS's don't have a very long shelf life.

As for the 360 I have no idea, but many games now come released in multiple platforms so look them up.
Old 2007-06-11, 22:33   Link #3
strategos

LOL! Resist... I've seen what WoW do to people LOL.
I used to play Final Fantasy xi, but the guild I was in and the people I know went away T.T. I've seen what addicting to online gaming does. Its scary :O.
Well, I saw Guild Wars. Its 'free" only need to buy the game thou. But I heard is good. Are there any like this ^^?.
How about games with the anime touch?
TThere is this 360 game I saw that the player had weapons that looks like instrument.

Edit: Is HEroes V any good ?

Old 2007-06-11, 23:36   Link #4
ImClueless
Rawr

Heroes V is a good game of the genre. If you have played any of the previous Heroes games or other games like the Age of Wonder series then you know what to expect.

I am not aware of any other games like Guild Wars, but then again I don't follow the MMO genre all that closely.

As for games with an anime touch, are you refering to the art style? If so then the few MMOs that pop into my mind and those I have tried are Ragnarok Online, Maple Story, and Flyff. I only one I spent significant time with was Maplestory back when it was in beta and I quit when I realized the entire game was based upon never ending level grind. I made some money selling my items on ebay, but my grades took a hit too. In retrospect it was totally not worth it lol.
Old 2007-06-12, 00:25   Link #5
strategos

Yeah, MMO can really hit you hard if you dont watch it.
I've seen people losing beutiful women over MMO games.
Its sad.

For RTS, how about: War Front. Not sure is that the right name.

Old 2007-06-12, 04:15   Link #6
Spark

Definitely pick up StarCraft.. you won't be disappointed. AND get the brood war expansion pack. I <3 medics! And if you're into Star Wars you might consider Empire At War and it's expansion (dunno if that's the one you were talking about or not).. it's fun to have control over a galaxy :3.

In terms of MMORPG's, I've had experience with free private ragnarok servers. They're always fun :3 you can find a whole list of em through google. And I've played some MUD's (mostly text based online games). They come in all shapes and sizes. If you're interested check out Mudconnect.com for a list or you can play my personal favorite, Aardwolf! ^.^

Of course, there's always great classics such as Half Life and all the games based off of it. If you haven't played, do check it out!
Old 2007-06-12, 05:33   Link #7
arcadeplayer987

Company of Heroes or Act of War - RTS
America's Army - online FPS
Richard Burnst Rally - racing
PES 6 - Football(soccer)
Guild Wars - MMORPG's
Old 2007-06-12, 05:54   Link #8
Lelouch
Phaeton

lets see
if you like empire management then try 'Galactic Civilizations: Dread Lords'
it's turnbased and battles are mainly fleet based

as mentioned earlier 'Company of Heroes' a micromanagement game by Relic (took and added idea from and to Dawn of War)

im getting supreme commander today, but from what ive read it involves massive battles in the future

Archlord is a subpar f2p mmo (but if it's f2p you're looking for, i'd stick with the GW expansion packs)
Old 2007-06-12, 09:58   Link #9
Psychotic_Virtue

*Goes Into Warhammer RP*

"The Greater Good Is Coming From My Bolter Alien Filth!"

*RP OFF* hehe couldnt resist

Anyway Im More Into MMOs these days but not pay2 play since i think they are a joke where you need to pay monthly ontop of the retail price, some good FREE mmos I can recommend are....

Tales Of Pirates
Rappelz
Granada Espada
Conquer Online

P.V.
Old 2007-06-12, 13:55   Link #10
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Edit: Is HEroes V any good ?
Nope. It's the worst Heroes games by a wide margin. It's not even a good game.

If you can get the III or the IV one on ebay, don't hesitate though. The franchise is/was great. (I am still playing Heroes III I bought 8 years ago and the game is absolutely perfect and could be rereleased today without any need to improve the graphics or anything).

btw, you sig is outdated.
Old 2008-06-14, 03:08   Link #11
strategos

Well, its been a while since I've posted on this thread. I've found many interesting games lately. I also heard of some good "new" games for pc
This is a game I've seen few previews still havent played: Fuel of War: Frontline. Anyone played or heard of it?

Been playing few free mmorpg as well. RF online, Archlord, the new game called Rohan.
I was planning on trying Granda Spada, it seems interesting.
Any cool sugesting for good games for pc?

Old 2008-06-14, 21:25   Link #12
crimmy88

World in Conflict - RTS
The Witcher - Action/RPG
Assassin's Creed - Action/RPG
Fantasy Wars - SRPG
Old 2008-06-15, 00:13   Link #13
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

I've play UO, FF online, DAOC, Shadowbane, Priston Tales, Lineage, and WoW. If you play enough of these games you will realize it is just a fat grind. Basically doing repetitive task, almost feels like work and i have to fork out money to do it.

I admit i became a hermit for months trying to get rank 13 in WoW. Now that i look back it is sad but fun.

For RTS, Blizzard never fails.

CS maybe old but it is still one of the greatest.

Emulators are legal if you have the original copies and they got tons of great games.

But nothing beats a great anime series to get hooked on.

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-06-16 at 14:17.
Old 2008-06-15, 00:37   Link #14
Tran225

if u like RTS i suggest warcraft frozen throne and uhh just wait for starcraft 2 i think thats gonna be one of the biggest ones out there
Old 2008-06-15, 00:43   Link #15
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Sins of a Solar Empire is a top notch 4X-RTS, if you like Sci-fi.
Old 2008-06-16, 07:49   Link #16
SolarNova
Alone in the dark

Ok speaking as gamer i would suggest.

For a serious MMORPG - Eve Online
For easy bit of fun with no thought required - WoW < This is addictive trust me

For RTS Any of the Command & Conquer series, Warcraft and Starcraft . also if you like RTS based on historic real life events 'Age of Empires 2' is good.
If you like super futuristic then get this old game called 'Total Annihilation' and the addon 'The Core Contingency' personally think its a brilliant game.

Newest games i can think of that are very good that iv tried is 'Crissis' which is a FPS (warning you will need a kick ass computer to run this) also the Half Life series is another very good FPS.

Im not to sure on Adventure, maybe try Sudeki for the xbox. obviosly you got Final Fantasy also

When it comes to free online games Guildwars is the best iv played.
tbh when it comes to games i personaly think if a game comes out on the consol first stick with the consol ..unless its a FPS in which case a having a mouse to use on a computer pwns consol controllers.

The only anime games i currently have is Disgea1 & 2 which is simular to the chess like game style of Might & Magic (Turnbased) got it on the PS2 cant remember if its out for the xbox or PC though.
Old 2008-06-16, 08:36   Link #17
crimmy88

i believe disgaea is a ps2 exclusive
Old 2008-06-17, 13:42   Link #18
Viperx

Seconding Eve online, space sim MMORPG with no weird rules for pvp (although safe areas where you get shot if you break the rules)
Free MMORPG:s perhaps Rohan online, its pretty entertaining so far.

Adventure games, havent played one in ages.
Not sure if Titan quest would be refered to as such, was a decent game anyways.
Guess Oblivion could be an idea to try.

4x seconding sins of a solar empire or turn based galactic civilizations from the same company.

edit

Jupiter incident, a space strategy game with impressive gameplay and graphics. (although some missions to damn hard)
Homeworld, a classic space strategy game, IMHO one of the greatest.

Last edited by Viperx; 2008-06-20 at 12:27. Reason: tbh I was drunk
Old 2008-06-19, 23:32   Link #19
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

@ solarnova

I'm assuming you got 2000+ arena and high level raid since you say WoW requires no thought. I do agree regular questing, leveling and bg farming doesnt. But team management for Raids and Arena takes some strategy.

I never played EVE, but base on watching my buddy and his excitement when he talks about EVE, domination is based on numbers.
Old 2008-06-19, 23:52   Link #20
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Domination in EVE is based on having numbers in the right place; intelligence and knowledge play a huge role in EVE.

Raiding doesn't take much thought at all, Arena does though.

Last edited by Zenemis; 2008-06-20 at 00:06.
Closed Thread