AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 94 58.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-04, 22:48   Link #201
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Finally watched the episode.

Spoiler for 22:
You know what, Ozma's line during the dogfight is the only thing I am pondering on. But if Alto is a man to take back his words, then this show can burn in hell.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-04, 22:50   Link #202
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

@MaiHikari: Wow, that last line for the AltoxSheryl scene is...haha;;;hahahahaha;;;;;
They totally did it :'D;;;

@indr0008: I'll just take that as a compliment XDXD
It would be surprising though no 8D???

Maybe not the manslave part. He's sort of already her manslave >A>
We can totally tell where Sheryl's "ALTO IS MY MANSLAVE" attitude came from.
Old 2008-09-04, 22:51   Link #203
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
@MaiHikari: Wow, that last line for the AltoxSheryl scene is...haha;;;hahahahaha;;;;;
They totally did it :'D;;;
I told you.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-04, 22:53   Link #204
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I told you.

- Tak
Yes yes and I agreed hahaha;;;
I mean, the screen placement was already quite the tell tale but..

Wow. Just...WOW;;;
First the nudity and mushroom humping on expensive tables, now this :'D
Old 2008-09-04, 22:53   Link #205
solothurn
銀河妖精親衛隊・隊長

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
oi ippus, u're getting stranger with every post XD
Must be from that nail...
Old 2008-09-04, 22:55   Link #206
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
First the nudity and mushroom humping on expensive tables, now this :'D
What nudity?

Old 2008-09-04, 22:57   Link #207
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
What nudity?
Censored nudity XD

...Actually on the other Macrosses there have been really blatant nudity too;;

THERE IS A REAL NIPPLE ON MACROSS ZERO!
Take that! Ranka.
Old 2008-09-04, 23:05   Link #208
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, DYRL has a Minmey shower scene...

But I don't remember any nudity in MF... I mean, if you're gonna count the flashes in Sheryl's shows or the time when Alto saw her breasts (remember, he saw, not us)...

Old 2008-09-04, 23:05   Link #209
aneeshadc

@ Seifall

I've always thought people putting weight on the suprise comment to be ridiculous. It's a love triangle, the ending was bound to be a surprise anyway since both ships think they have it in the bag, not to mention alto's VA had no choice but to be diplomatic & state its gonna be a surprise since he cant very well give away the ending!

As for why they made alto find out abt her dying before he confesses to her, Isnt it obvious ? Its to keep us doubting & guessing! Otherwise it would've been a sure win for sheryl/alto, not that I think its any different now if they plan on keeping the show consistant.

Yes, there is a nagging feeling that alto/ranka ending might happen but that's all it is, a feeling with no strong basis because the story so far doesnt strongly support it. Also, it just means kawamori has achieved his evil goal of wanting to keep his viewers hanging.

I admit I initially disliked the thought of alto finding out abt her dying before the big confession but I still loved how they portrayed the scene. What I loved abt it was that the scene did not reek of pity at all, it was all raw emotion from both, especially alto.

In that moment I felt like he was only thinking of her & all the pain she'd been through pretending to be strong for the sake of others, for his sake. It wasnt the right time for a confession because he was concentrating on her pain. That is why, the first thing he asks her to do is to stop already, stop pretending, stop putting yourself through so much pain. You dont have to force youself to smile anymore, you dont have to sing anymore if it hurts you to do so. ( I actually find it vey ironic, that these are the very words he should have told ranka, if he had been in love with her, but he doesnt, not that it means anything, just an observation)

Sheryl protests strongly against not singing, because singing is her life, proof that she's lived, so he puts aside his own needs/feelings on the matter, hugs her & tells her that if it is her intent to keep on singing, then he will comply with her wishes until the last moment. You can see the brief moment of pain in his eyes before he hugs her. I dont know abt you but I saw this as an unspoken promise on his part to stay by her side forever & also of his love. He is letting her live her last moments the way she wants to. He is putting her above his own needs.

Like crisis said in her post( in the romance thread), he doesnt understand her heart just like he didnt understand ranka in ep 21, but the difference I found was that he put Sheryl's needs first & tries to comply to what he believes is her wish.

The important thing to note is that though the walls around their heart have crumbled , there are still unresolved feelings & misunderstandings b/w them as I dont think Sheryl knows alto loves her yet. ( Yes, as of now, I do believe its mutual) Which is the huge problem here, she seems resigned to her fate. And honestly, I'm not too sure that was a kiss at the end. As much as I want that, I'm going to need real confirmation that it was a kiss. Hopefully, the next ep delivers it.

Last edited by aneeshadc; 2008-09-04 at 23:34.
Old 2008-09-04, 23:17   Link #210
ReddyRedWolf

At times like this shouldn't SMS send a high speed courier to the nearest non-Frontier NUNS base or fleet? (Except Galaxy)

At times like this the VFX Ravens are sent to deal with guys like Leon.

Also there is resemblace between the planet's swirl and the Protoculture symbols on DYRL and Zero.

Spoiler for DYRL symbol:

Spoiler for Planet's swirl:
Old 2008-09-04, 23:18   Link #211
solothurn
銀河妖精親衛隊・隊長

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
At times like this the VFX Ravens are sent to deal with guys like Leon.
Hell yeah. Where's my Aegis Focker?
Old 2008-09-04, 23:19   Link #212
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

@BetoJR: We get a pretty massive shot of her during the second OP, a shower scene, and a Ranka "inner mind nudity" thing.
And nipples get higher vale, seeing as they get censored off all the time 8DDDDDD

Oh and to add to the creepy non-kiddies showness of it all, we also have Grace's not so discreet self fondling.

@aneeshadc: I still think Alto knows at this point that Sheryl loves him. I just can't say the same for Sheryl, who could have easily mistaken his act to be one of pity.
Old 2008-09-04, 23:27   Link #213
aneeshadc

@ ya, I think ur rite there, I'm going to edit that. Thnx
Old 2008-09-04, 23:31   Link #214
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Deleted for further elaboration in the Romance thread soon. Incoming serious tl;dr.

Last edited by cheesie; 2008-09-04 at 23:57.
Old 2008-09-04, 23:50   Link #215
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
At times like this shouldn't SMS send a high speed courier to the nearest non-Frontier NUNS base or fleet? (Except Galaxy)
Yeah, it's strange they didn't think of blowing the whistle on Leon. But then again it may have happened offscreen. Or that could be the mission Klan was entrusted with.

A third party UN Spacy fleet folding in with orders for a ceasefire would be a plausible ending for the climax.
Old 2008-09-05, 00:03   Link #216
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

@aneeshadc: Another thing I wanted to mention was that I don't necessarily think Alto now has trouble understanding her- but was originally too guilt ridden to do so. Him telling Sheryl to stop was probably more due to the fact he felt mostly responsible for her rather dangerous decision (namely, returning to sing again) seeing as he threw accusations at her when they were last together in that house. I wrote this on the romance thread already but, once KlanKlan told him about Sheryl, you could pretty much imagine how long time must have seemed to stretch as he got back to the house he so loathed, and waited for her return, only to be dealt yet ANOTHER blow by watching her collapse. Then there's his childhood nightmare of his mother's illness and death, Alto really had every reason to tell her to stop.

The difference really is that he backed off. With Ranka, despite her agony, he kept telling her to sing. Sheryl's original situation here probably doesn't count seeing as to Alto it would probably have seemed like a pop idol tantrum, but Ranka cried. She practically claimed to want to die, yet he asked her anyway. The fact that he could put away all his personal reasons in the end, namely his trauma over losing yet another loved one, and his guilt over getting Sheryl to choose this path, and finally his wish that she would be safe, just to let Sheryl do what she feels is the purpose of her state of living says a lot to me >__< I liked him so much this episode.
Old 2008-09-05, 00:09   Link #217
aneeshadc

[quote]
The gang and I were discussing about this scene for a length of time (this scene alone invited an unnecessarily high number of mixed reactions.) Speculations range from people accepting this as a resignation scene, a reciprocation scene, to some (particularly those with are fluent with Japanese) believing Alto and Sheryl not only kissed, but ah, had implied sex like Hikaru and Misa did in DYRL... [/QOUTE]

That would be so smexy if it happened! Though I think it would be just as sweet & intensely cute if they just leant they're foreheads together too, speaks of a level of intimacy you know, then they could save the smexy kiss & sex for much later, for the real climactic confession scene. ( Hopefully, after she's cured)

Quote:
For now, let's wait for the subs. But one thing that is certain is that whatever the case, after Alto was faced with finding his own direction and purpose in this episode, you can be sure Sheryl will not stand by idling if he refused to fly because of her. This is the woman who is most in tune with his dreams, after all.
I know I should have waited for the subs before I posted my thoughts, but I just couldnt wait you know?
I am so psyched for sheryl & alto & I so want to see this LT end in our favour or should I say, in Sheryl's favour. The Queen's wish is my command is my driving motto for now.
As for alto, even if Sheryl urges him to pursue his desire to fly, I dont see why he needs to give Sheryl up? Its not like he's gonna be in the sky 24 hrs a day,rite?
I mean, I know she's sick & all that but there are ways to get around that, especially if she intends to continue to sing for the rest of her life like she says she wants to.
I'm just curious why people think sheryl will conflict with his desire to fly?
Old 2008-09-05, 00:16   Link #218
aneeshadc

Quote:
@aneeshadc: Another thing I wanted to mention was that I don't necessarily think Alto now has trouble understanding her- but was originally too guilt ridden to do so. Him telling Sheryl to stop was probably more due to the fact he felt mostly responsible for her rather dangerous decision (namely, returning to sing again) seeing as he threw accusations at her when they were last together in that house. I wrote this on the romance thread already but, once KlanKlan told him about Sheryl, you could pretty much imagine how long time must have seemed to stretch as he got back to the house he so loathed, and waited for her return, only to be dealt yet ANOTHER blow by watching her collapse. Then there's his childhood nightmare of his mother's illness and death, Alto really had every reason to tell her to stop.

The difference really is that he backed off. With Ranka, despite her agony, he kept telling her to sing. Sheryl's original situation here probably doesn't count seeing as to Alto it would probably have seemed like a pop idol tantrum, but Ranka cried. She practically claimed to want to die, yet he asked her anyway. The fact that he could put away all his personal reasons in the end, namely his trauma over losing yet another loved one, and his guilt over getting Sheryl to choose this path, and finally his wish that she would be safe, just to let Sheryl do what she feels is the purpose of her state of living says a lot to me >__< I liked him so much this episode.
Thats Exactly What I was tring to get at, though u came up with more stuff than I did.
Old 2008-09-05, 00:43   Link #219
Elazul

Alto x Sheryl ftw! I want to see this episode so badly now ~

Well… Although I am really happy for Alto and Sheryl moment, the fact that they still have to confess is really bothering me.
We all know that in most anime, love is portrayed on a different way than in western movies/series. While the second value more physical contact, showing the couple kissing, making love and all. The first tends to focus more on portraying character feelings through their mutual understanding, and little by little, we can see in their actions some sparks of love, to finally express it physically with words.

Spoiler for Lamune:

But in Macross Frontier, we are dealing with a love triangle. Though Alto x Sheryl seems pretty obvious now, to ensure the end of the triangle we need a more explicit resolution, like Alto confessing or accepting Sheryl feelings, their love must be shown physically to properly express to the audience who won the triangle.
Yes, they kissed and all, but it was not explicitly shown right? The pessimist inside of me is saying that Ranka still has a chance. Though a "Ranka x Alto" ending probably will be one of the worst plot twists in anime history, and I will bash Kawamori until the end of his days.
Old 2008-09-05, 00:49   Link #220
golthin

It is pretty obvious that AltoxRanka will be a shocker and AltoxSheryl is the predictable path.
Now we have to see if they kill Sheryl or not. There has to be more casualties in this show.

Main candidates as casualties...

Klan
Luca
Sheryl
Osma
Leon
Brara
Grace
Closed Thread