Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-10-28, 09:02   Link #1421
Namihana
Soul Driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
When I said about overconfident, I meant the one who makes the 00Q, hence the phrase "overconfidence about your equipment". They should never think that nothing will go wrong with their invention, so a little bit extra in case anything happens never hurt.

Summary, my point is that it don't really make sense if they just omit the beam saber, since this thing don't take much space, lighter than most of 00Q's weapon, and can be hidden. Remember where did Seravee hide its beam saber?

[edit]
I got ninja'ed too many times recently.
As I've said, we won't really know for sure until some really good sources come up. The 00Q may or may not have any beam sabers. And quite frankly, I wouldn't really care either way. As long as it kicks ass in the movie, whatever the 00Q has is fine by me.

On a related note, if beam sabers were so conventional, why did the Cherudim ditch it though? I mean, it's be a lot more effective than its pistol/axe hybrid wouldn't it?
Namihana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 09:15   Link #1422
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namihana View Post
On a related note, if beam sabers were so conventional, why did the Cherudim ditch it though? I mean, it's be a lot more effective than its pistol/axe hybrid wouldn't it?
The time you use to switch between pistol mode and axe mode is shorter compare to changing between pistols and beam sabers. Furthermore, Cherudim isn't a close combat type, so most of the time he should try his best to keep the distance, that's why the beam saber will be nearly useless. Usually, it'll be like this: Firing --> enemy come close --> change to axe mode ---> parry ---> making distance ---> change to pistol mode ---> firing.

That's the best explanation I can think of.
Old 2009-10-28, 09:17   Link #1423
Namihana
Soul Driller

Quote:
The time you use to switch between pistol mode and axe mode is shorter compare to changing between pistols and beam sabers. Furthermore, Cherudim isn't a close combat type, so most of the time he should try his best to keep the distance, that's why the beam saber will be nearly useless. Usually, it'll be like this: Firing --> enemy come close --> change to axe mode ---> parry ---> making distance ---> change to pistol mode ---> firing.

Makes sense to me.

Think the Zabanya would also incorporate this pistol hybrid system?
Old 2009-10-28, 09:18   Link #1424
kakakka

It's there isn't?

The white part of Zabanya pistol resembles the anti-beam part of Cherudim's pistol, so I think it'll have the same hybrid pistol.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 09:23   Link #1425
Hellbore

Quote:

I don't think there was any actual mode switching of the GN Pistol II. Lyle always had them in 'pistol' mode when parrying beam sabers., I think the 'axe' mode was for storage rther than actual use.

On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Hellbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 09:24   Link #1426
Namihana
Soul Driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
It's there isn't?

The white part of Zabanya pistol resembles the anti-beam part of Cherudim's pistol, so I think it'll have the same hybrid pistol.
I was kinda expecting the green condenser type blade that most of the movie MS's have. Even Harute has it.
Old 2009-10-28, 09:27   Link #1427
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
I don't think there was any actual mode switching of the GN Pistol II. Lyle always had them in 'pistol' mode when parrying beam sabers., I think the 'axe' mode was for storage rther than actual use.
Well....at least it works, or so that's how I think it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namihana View Post
Makes sense to me.

Think the Zabanya would also incorporate this pistol hybrid system?
I guess it should.

What bothers me is....what the hell are those 2 containers on its hip? No matter how I think, it seems pretty awkward to me. I'm still trying to find a properly reason for putting them at the awkward position like that.
Old 2009-10-28, 09:30   Link #1428
Namihana
Soul Driller

Quote:

I guess it should.

What bothers me is....what the hell are those 2 containers on its hip? No matter how I think, it seems pretty awkward to me. I'm still trying to find a properly reason for putting them at the awkward position like that.
One reason I can think of, is they may be extra ammo for reloading the pistols?

Then again, that won't make sense, since these things never run out of ammo. It'd look cool though.

Must be some sort of shield system? The Dynames line always had a protection of sorts, be it the full armor of the Dynames or the Shield Bits of the Cherudim.
Old 2009-10-28, 09:35   Link #1429
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Maybe containers with rifles inside? But then again, storing rifles inside a container doesn't make sense compared to attaching it on shoulders etc
Old 2009-10-28, 09:45   Link #1430
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Im thinking more of missile pods for Zabanya hip containers
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 11:03   Link #1431
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
Im thinking more of missile pods for Zabanya hip containers
In which case they'd probably reuse the tried and true Archer-type launcher pods, regardless of aesthetics and MS trademark shapes (which matters more to the G00 staff but not to real-life engineers who often prefer to recycle old designs).

Rather, I was thinking of back-mounted docks for the GN Bit complement - they do, after all, look like bricks stacked on top of each other.
Unless those are bentô boxes for deep space trips? XD
Old 2009-10-28, 11:07   Link #1432
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Your kidding right?The current pattern shows the designers are crazy about model numbers and giving them to just about anything,be it extra equipment or a small variant.

They even gave a new extended model number to Astraea just for having Exia's cone equiped.Let's not forget the original Exia Repair.

The show's handlers are addicted to them,I'm sorry to say.

Don't worry dude,your name doesnt clash with the continuing model number,you have an extra 0 as a digit,while the normal continuoation is 010.Yours would be 0010.

As mentioned,since Fangs are regularly sent out by themselves in the battlefield,they still have a good chance of being destroyed.Having beam sabers as backup is a good idea to say the least.Even Zwei had Fangs that can act as beam sabers and still had regular beam sabers with it.

There's 00 as well,who's beam sabers are really nothing more than backup weapons,since the GN-Sword II can produce its own larger beam saber.

that's all it had? what i was thinking is that there were some changes in Astraea for them to place the F2 like appearances wise
Old 2009-10-28, 11:15   Link #1433
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Maybe containers with rifles inside? But then again, storing rifles inside a container doesn't make sense compared to attaching it on shoulders etc
i agree and man we didn't get to see the legs of it i was dieing to see the big legs. One reason for the beg legs is to store gn particles to power weapons. I think that the gn hand guns won't need all that power but maybe that deflector shield might need it.
Old 2009-10-28, 11:37   Link #1434
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordStrike View Post
that's all it had? what i was thinking is that there were some changes in Astraea for them to place the F2 like appearances wise
I'm referring to the prototype Astraea which was equiped with Exia cone in one short instant for a short experiment if whatnot.This was before the 3rd Generations were deployed.

F2 is different,it was deployed in between S1 and S2,and had alot of 3rd Generation upgrades.most of which is that it was installed with some Exia parts that they made it stronger.

I remember some of the upgeades including adding a workable clevical antennas to the Forhead V-Fin,the previous fins could not control GN Particles.Other upgrades include adding GN Condensers to the arms and legs.Astraea originally did not have Condensers onnthe limbs,there used to be stored beside the GN-Drive at the back.Adding these to the limbs mean they can acess alot more GNP on the go for more burst of extra power.
Old 2009-10-28, 12:19   Link #1435
BioRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I'm referring to the prototype Astraea which was equiped with Exia cone in one short instant for a short experiment if whatnot.This was before the 3rd Generations were deployed.
What was it's name and number?
BioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 12:45   Link #1436
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

All I'm thinking now is that if I could get my hands on Tieria's new Raphael suit then it means the size will be HUGE!
tieria.erde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 14:55   Link #1437
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I was juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust making conversation. Theory/speculation/brain storming. All that usual stuff we the fans do.
I wasnt angry or putting you off for it.More like I was reacting to the large amount of model numbers out there.Because 00 model number-filled.I dont have much a problem with it though,more like they have alot of it.

There's nothing wrong with bringing it up though.
Old 2009-10-28, 14:56   Link #1438
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The internet needs more verbal inflection so as not to make such misunderstandings.
Old 2009-10-28, 15:32   Link #1439
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

How about using musical notes?We can use getting louder [<] and softer[>] and such to mimic the tone of voice.Or maybe we can put a percentage bar on how loud our projected voice is.

[Yeah,Music Finals paper in a 5.5 hours,head not working so well]
Old 2009-10-28, 18:13   Link #1440
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

I suppose that would help, i been hit with that "What r you posting bout" stick many times

Tags
gundam 00 movie