AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-01-04, 17:08   Link #61
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Shi-Fa of Meine Liebe and Dai no Daibouken subbing fame lists it as a possibility and has released the trailer, so they'll probanly do it.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 19:02   Link #62
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Exclamation

Wow, two years since any posts and the anime has come and gone... (oh wait, the relevant posts were probably swallowed in the great hack of '05)

Anyway, this was posted Sunday, June 3, 2007 on AnimeonDVD.com:
Quote:
ADV Films Registers Xenosaga (07:49 AM EDT): Following-up on the mention yesterday of the Kanon TV domain name registration by ADV Films, it also appears that they've nabbed the domain name for Xeonsaga TV.
So, is there a chance we'll see the anime later this year (if the license goes through)?

And, do you think that they'll bring back the dub cast from the first game?

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 19:08   Link #63
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
That would be nice. I'd be all for it.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 20:08   Link #64
togupheaval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Has there ever been a good anime thats been based off a video game? I can't think of any... And I mean Mainstream games not H-games.
Not to threadjack, but has anybody seen the Disgaea anime? How good is that?
togupheaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 20:55   Link #65
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by togupheaval View Post
Not to threadjack, but has anybody seen the Disgaea anime? How good is that?
Look in the Licensed Forum! I'll help you: Makai Senki Disgaea

Old 2007-06-03, 23:19   Link #66
togupheaval

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Look in the Licensed Forum! I'll help you: Makai Senki Disgaea

Sorry, I meant it as a possible answer to his "good videogame anime" question.
togupheaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 23:54   Link #67
jtrog

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Anyway, this was posted Sunday, June 3, 2007 on AnimeonDVD.com:So, is there a chance we'll see the anime later this year (if the license goes through)?

That is cool thanks for the heads up info. The animation standards in it were not up to par conpaired to what we have seen lately. The japanese voice actors in it were superb catching every feeling and meaning of the characters situation. I'll buy it fast as they put them out.

I don't know if this is just a new 'english' release of the same or if they are re-making it better. Probably would find new english voice actors with a mix from xenosaga II III game from english. Have to wait and see.

I bought a ps2 cause of this series then bought the games I and II. Then III of course. The story is why. I don't know 1 thing about xenogears.
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 17:15   Link #68
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I haven't heard any official announcement of any license yet, but AnimeonDVD.com is reporting this: (06/14/07)
Quote:
Xenosaga on tap (02:56 PM EDT): It wouldn't be the first time that a Diamond Previews listing has been denied, but the latest volume is available online and it lists the first volume of Xenosaga, with boxart with an ADV Films logo, as due out in the September timeframe. The breakdown as posted to the forums is:
  • Xenosaga, Vol.1 | $29.98 | September 2007
Old 2007-06-14, 17:17   Link #69
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
...? Odd choice, to license an anime to a relatively unpopular game several years after it was aired...
Old 2007-06-19, 18:25   Link #70
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Xenosaga officially licensed!!

According to animeonDVD.com, Xenosaga The Animation has been confirmed as licensed via IGN.

Quote:
ADV Films Confirms Xenosaga (06:01 PM EDT): The folks over at IGN got the official nod from ADV Films that they have indeed picked up the license. This comes after both the domain name discovery and the solicitation via Diamond Previews.
Old 2007-06-19, 23:59   Link #71
rpgman1

Playing the games are much more satisfying, but the 2nd episode was nothing more than a tacked-on side story about Jr. and the U.R.T.Vs. People know that the anime sucked so why bother licensing Xenosaga. The games are not juggernauts like Final Fantasy, but FF anime is just plain awful and so is the movie. Xenosaga was just too complicated with religious symbolism and confusion of the cast members. As for Xenogears, well I guess it's just creative licensing on Square Enix's part to have only some similarities to Xenosaga. I wish they had connections though as it would explain that big mess in the timeline between episodes.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 00:15   Link #72
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
...People know that the anime sucked so why bother licensing Xenosaga. The games are not juggernauts like Final Fantasy, but FF anime is just plain awful and so is the movie. Xenosaga was just too complicated with religious symbolism and confusion of the cast members. ...
Well, at least when you watched the Xenosaga anime you knew that it based on the game itself, not something totally different that just had the FF magic system tacked on... (the FF movie should've been based on FFVI and that would've kicked major ass!!)

Old 2007-06-20, 03:08   Link #73
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I like Xenosaga, both the game version and the anime. My only grief with the anime was that it was over to fast
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 19:25   Link #74
sergel02

I actually really liked this anime a lot. It had a nice story that i think was told well along with the game. Took much less time than the game to get through lol
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 21:45   Link #75
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
I actually really liked this anime a lot. It had a nice story that i think was told well along with the game. Took much less time than the game to get through lol
The game series ended on a good note, but sadly it never got the chance to truly shine in its true form. Perhaps Takahashi and Saga should have started with a book series first so it would have better chance of being properly adapted to a game, like the Witcher series is now.

Will there be an anime adaptation for Xenoblade, perhaps? I think World Destruction's anime adaptation did rather well.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote