AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 4 9.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 27.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 39.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 16.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-12, 03:23   Link #121
Entravity

I enjoyed the flashback but I think this'll all tie into the main story somehow. It's nice to see Kougami as an Inspector. Not much happened in this episode though. At least, that's what it seems like so far.
Old 2013-01-12, 03:50   Link #122
Kiavik

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
This episode builds an even stronger case of how broken the system is. It's very clear now that everyone is slaves to that computer and the fact that no one can recover means that the rehab centers are there to mask the fact from the general public that crossing over 100 means the end of your life. If people were being eliminated immediately there would've be a rebellion.
That's not true. The victim from episode 1 recovers from a Coefficient so high it would have meant her elimination.
Old 2013-01-12, 04:11   Link #123
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiavik View Post
That's not true. The victim from episode 1 recovers from a Coefficient so high it would have meant her elimination.
Agreed if everyone being tagged as a would be criminal really were being killed or locked away with no chance of rehabilitation I'm sure the populous would start to take notice say something about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I also dislike the rather cliched "We are going to change the world with OUR MUSIC!!!!" thing that has been going on lots of anime. I can't explain why, but I just don't like such developments...
Except Rina and her group weren't going to be fighting back with just music. From the looks of it they were really plaining some big riot or something.

As for Yayoi and Rina I believe they may have indeed been more then just band mates. The way Yayoi was reminiscing when she saw that pack of guitar strings was all I need to tell me Yayoi though more of Rina then as a simple friend. It's a shame Yayoi chose to conform to the world of "The Man" and become one of the takers rather then stand up and fight againts the obvious oppression of the sibyl system.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2013-01-12 at 04:43.
Old 2013-01-12, 15:32   Link #124
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiavik View Post
She recovered enough to not be eliminated for now but she is still held up in rebab as far as I can tell from that scene and not returning to society
Also the man who took her hostage primarily freaked out because he seem to know that once they take you in it is over
Old 2013-01-12, 16:05   Link #125
Hakuromatsu

Quote:
I also dislike the rather cliched "We are going to change the world with OUR MUSIC!!!!" thing that has been going on lots of anime. I can't explain why, but I just don't like such developments...
So why don't you agree with its depiction in this episode? That trope is depicted from the side opposite to Yayoi, the episode's protagonist, and Yayoi herself more or less says "yeah, I just wanted to play music." It even factors into her decision to join the MWPSB.

At the very least, it isn't a one-sided portrayal.
Old 2013-01-12, 20:54   Link #126
kitten320

I don't really think that they included flashback just for lols, I'm sure it will have deeper connection later on.
Old 2013-01-12, 22:09   Link #127
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I don't really think that they included flashback just for lols, I'm sure it will have deeper connection later on.
yes it is required that the return to the normal episodes 'present time' Yayoi will undoubtedly have a role to play
Old 2013-01-13, 02:38   Link #128
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Most heart rending ep so far.

I don't see how anyone cannot think Sibyl is the antithesis to life itself now...and the fact that the rehab is apparently useless (because they seem to have no clue what they are doing....at all. If the intention is to even make things better at all)

This world....what it needs is an ocean of weapons in the hands of the populace. Even then, seeing how pathetic the general people are it might not work.

I think this is Urobuchi's worst nightmare as a creator

Yayoi....I don't know what to think of her. Being an Enforcer is the right and smart move in the short term....but to actually agree with the sibyl? It looks like she actually supports the system.
Old 2013-01-13, 03:25   Link #129
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Most heart rending ep so far.

I don't see how anyone cannot think Sibyl is the antithesis to life itself now...and the fact that the rehab is apparently useless (because they seem to have no clue what they are doing....at all. If the intention is to even make things better at all)

This world....what it needs is an ocean of weapons in the hands of the populace. Even then, seeing how pathetic the general people are it might not work.

I think this is Urobuchi's worst nightmare as a creator

Yayoi....I don't know what to think of her. Being an Enforcer is the right and smart move in the short term....but to actually agree with the sibyl? It looks like she actually supports the system.
She must think "Sybille" is good for the world... yes... it must be for ... and it is surprising that this is the case ... because it is the same system that the imprisoned
Old 2013-01-13, 08:52   Link #130
Bern-san

Liked the flashback even if I'm dying to know the consequences about episode 11 and I'm liking Yayoi more.

The ending reminded me of Shiki's 2nd ending with everybody naked
Old 2013-01-13, 09:36   Link #131
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Not to mention fanfics.

"Ritsu and Mio: Lesbian Rebels Against Sibyl!" could be a good one. Can Ritsu and Mio manage to avoid being Dominated by Kougami? Is this K-On's last Tea Time?!

"No more cake for you." Kougami says, Ah-Nold style, as he pulls the trigger.
I think K-ON music may just cause Sibyl to suffer massive BSOD and die forever...

In whatever supercomputer lab that houses Sibyl or online in its cloud equivalent, circuits are fried and fires break out as the network destroys itself in electronic agony as it tries to process and give a rating to the band's music

No offense K-ON fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Lost a little bit of respect towards Sasayama as he tried to provoke that guy's coefficient to become high enough so that he could kill him.
Yeah...the guy Kougami works so hard to avenge and sacrificed so much for was a bastard...ok I mean he was his friend and all so Kou's reaction is natural but still......

Quote:
Rina wanted power, destroying the system and wasn't afraid of killing, maiming people to get it.
Is Rina like that or genuinely acted because the system is the worst thing ever created (which doesn't take a genius to figure out BTW) is very likely to be shown in future....Provided Makishima doesn't get to her first of course.

Anyway I don't see how taking down Sibyl = power hungry.
Old 2013-01-13, 12:02   Link #132
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yeah...the guy Kougami works so hard to avenge and sacrificed so much for was a bastard...ok I mean he was his friend and all so Kou's reaction is natural but still......
To be fair, that guy was holding a hostage.

The Sybil System was sorta screwed up at that moment though. The guy's PP was under 100 even though he was threatening enforcers with a hostage and he even had a knife? Then once he lost the hostage his PP shot up to over 300? What the f?
Old 2013-01-13, 12:15   Link #133
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:

The Sybil System was sorta screwed up at that moment though. The guy's PP was under 100 even though he was threatening enforcers with a hostage and he even had a knife? Then once he lost the hostage his PP shot up to over 300? What the f?
That was the hostages's coefficient, he couldn't get a reading for the hostage-taker until the hostage was out of the way.
Old 2013-01-13, 15:39   Link #134
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Watched this last night:

I feel a little trolled since I was looking forward to seeing what had happened last time, but this was a great episode as always.

Not sure what to think of Yayoi other than the fact that despite being in a rehab, she seems fine with things. To be honest, I would've been more interested to see why the Old Guy's an Enforcer...but I"m curious to see what happens with Rina.

So that's the guy Ko's avenging? What an arse.
Old 2013-01-13, 17:53   Link #135
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

No...I mean, screwing with them so that the hostage's CC rises so you can take both out?

Even if it's stun you see that rehab is already as good as life imprisonment or execution already
Old 2013-01-13, 17:57   Link #136
bakuramariks
The Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
That's why I think it will be three episodes arc and the spoilers about the next episode are fake. Just... They showed us Kunizuka exactly 3 years ago when that case also occured. It is connected. They have to show more from that time. It can't be only one episode.
I want to believe .
Old 2013-01-13, 18:03   Link #137
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I just thought of something:

Maybe all of this with Yayoi leads into how Ko meets Shogo and how Sasayama dies?
Old 2013-01-13, 18:14   Link #138
bakuramariks
The Observer

^ Exactly. While we saw more about Yayoi, this will lead to what you are saying. Shion said that all of them worked in the Specimen case and we got a flashback exactly about 3 years ago. There has to be more. Main story can wait, lol .
Old 2013-01-13, 18:18   Link #139
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

There will probably be with a nasty Arc is Rina ...
Old 2013-01-14, 09:00   Link #140
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
That was the hostages's coefficient, he couldn't get a reading for the hostage-taker until the hostage was out of the way.
LOL...I see. I thought that was the guy's PP
Closed Thread