AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-07, 12:50   Link #121
DanielMors
Second Stake of Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

It was short (12 episodes), but they did in fact make it.
No. There never was a Tsukihime Anime.
DanielMors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 12:56   Link #122
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielMors View Post
No. There never was a Tsukihime Anime.
I'm guessing as in, the original Tsukihime anime wasn't good enough so you guys want a longer one?
Old 2012-04-07, 12:59   Link #123
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I did figure that, but as I said they already did the main FSN route and UBW, so it would be nice if they'd spread out a bit instead of taking more time to do more of the original FSN, which is probably why they're doing Fate/Zero before any possible Heaven's Feel project in the first place.
The F/SN anime was bad too. It's rated so high that if it was done by ufotable it would have blown the charts. There are three routes, each route needs at least 24 episodes so the 90-minute UBW movie was a chop up rush job, it was cool to watch but was unsatisfying.

And, there is no Tsukihime anime.

Play the games, both of them.
Old 2012-04-07, 13:05   Link #124
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Yeah I know about the third route, but as I said they probably figured they needed to break off from doing just the original FSN (assuming they're going to do Heaven's Feel at all of course), hence why we have Fate/Zero first.

And yeah, I did figure that big FSN fans like you guys would only say that because you hated the Tsukihime anime. While the Tsukihime anime may not have lived up to the expectations of its good base product, there are lots of anime-made-from-games series-es that fall to this and don't get remakes. (though a good number of those supposed failures aren't as bad as the haters say) I personally found Tsukihime to be okay.

Still, they haven't touched it in almost 9 yeas, aside from Carnival Phantasm. I doubt they're going to start it up not of all times. The FSN anime was popular, hence why they continued to make more.
Old 2012-04-07, 13:22   Link #125
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
There are three routes, each route needs at least 24 episodes so the 90-minute UBW movie was a chop up rush job, it was cool to watch but was unsatisfying.
I don't really think they each need 24. HF without a doubt needs at least that many, and UBW may need close to that many. The first route, though, was clearly stretching itself thin at 24 as it was. Granted they skipped some stuff, but they also added a LOT of filler based on/inspired by the other routes. It would definitely need more than 13 episodes, but I don't think 24 would be necessary.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 13:29   Link #126
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't really think they each need 24. HF without a doubt needs at least that many, and UBW may need close to that many. The first route, though, was clearly stretching itself thin at 24 as it was. Granted they skipped some stuff, but they also added a LOT of filler based on/inspired by the other routes. It would definitely need more than 13 episodes, but I don't think 24 would be necessary.
Yeah, it would be a stretch for Fate. Might fit UBW nicely but HF is so much longer than the others. They would have to operate outside of the usual 12/24/50 episode sets to do it. I think it would be profitable to do it all over again, properly. I would make it three separate series, but Ufotable is small and I think they would have to wait for the profits from Fate/Zero to come in to do anything else.

A Fate/Prototype anime would be interesting but it would require Nasu to write an entire anime series, which won't happen.
Old 2012-04-08, 03:04   Link #127
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You cannot unmake what has been made.
Old 2012-04-08, 03:55   Link #128
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

To be honest I wouldn't want a Fate/Prototype anime. For me it would kinda feel like an insult to FSN which is the finished product. Besides, whilst it looks nice and all, it would probably be only marginally better than Deen's FSN. There was a lot in that pilot that was kinda cheesy.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 09:12   Link #129
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Even for the OVA, they supposedly did some changes in comparison to the pilot. So really, changes would be here as well if needed.
Old 2012-04-14, 17:03   Link #130
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
To be honest I wouldn't want a Fate/Prototype anime. For me it would kinda feel like an insult to FSN which is the finished product. Besides, whilst it looks nice and all, it would probably be only marginally better than Deen's FSN. There was a lot in that pilot that was kinda cheesy.
I doubt it would be considered an insult. Once Fate garner enuf funds from BD sales and popularity. They might consider it as profitable to make the Fate/Prototype anime. And hell, I bet the fans would love it, personally I'd always love to see more of UFOtable + Fate
Old 2012-04-15, 10:20   Link #131
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It would make a good movie or short OVA, but no TV series. If they were going to do another Type-Moon TV series I would want Tsukihime with Nasu actively taking part like Urobuchi is with Zero.
Old 2012-04-15, 19:02   Link #132
giorno

problem with this is, Nasu and Takeuchi have absolutely no intention of making anything of it

it was literally just a one-time fan service for the fans...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 22:27   Link #133
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Which is why this is all idle talk. There are much better things for them to put their efforts into.
Old 2012-04-16, 01:57   Link #134
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

guys, what are your views on this?

From what I can tell, this is a fanmade drama cd(?), but to be honest, I was a bit spectical because this might have been an april fool's joke, but I thought the music was epic.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 08:23   Link #135
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Too much work for an April Fool's joke. They sites are complex too. This is interesting.
Old 2012-04-16, 10:13   Link #136
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It is an April fool's joke. A very well made and cruel one.
Old 2012-04-16, 14:57   Link #137
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It is an April fool's joke. A very well made and cruel one.
Two websites and all? Someone had too much time on their hands. I mean, one site would have been enough. That's a lot of effort.
Old 2012-04-16, 18:00   Link #138
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

I'm more impressed with the soundtrack. The music is familiar, but different from others I've heard.
Old 2012-04-16, 18:54   Link #139
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Damn. I was almost fooled by the video.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 23:46   Link #140
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

The music is from wave's (the circle who made the video) earlier Fate/stay night music arrange albums, Avalon and White Avalon.