AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (second series) - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 10 21.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 17.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 23.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 23.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 10.64%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-15, 13:26   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

(MFI) Zero no Tsukaima (second series) - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Zero no Tsukaima (second series), Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

What does the tag (MFI) mean ? Read On :

While Zero no Tsukaima Second Series has not been licensed yet, it is produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed.
  • Asking (or providing) where you can find Zero no Tsukaima Second Series downloads or torrents.
  • Asking for help downloading Zero no Tsukaima Second Series.
  • Asking for playback help for Zero no Tsukaima Second Series episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story.
Old 2007-09-16, 15:26   Link #2
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
If it wasnt for the following scenes then i would class this ep as a waste of time :3 j/k
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-16, 17:07   Link #3
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This episode deserved to be quite... "faithful" in a way.
Aside of any comparison with the novel, it was fairly great that they kept the very unstable discussion between Saito and Louise about "dying in honor".
This angsty point is a fuel for drama, development and touching scenes. I'm just upset they used this part only slightly for episode 10, while the middle of the season would be great.

the big complain for this episode is probably Siesta's personality who is completely twisted. She is hardly the siesta from either the novel or season 1 or even the first few episodes of season 2. I was really irritated how she was dumbly portrayed as a mad lover girl, especially her "i won't lose" and the "outfit"...
Her scene with Saito in the inn could be heartwarming especially after the quarrel, but it was kinda watered down by itself. (knowing the summary by Shushi-Y just makes me wonder why the scripters don't use the fantastic heartwarming one from the novel.)

Aside of these 2 points, I believe this episode managed to mix fairly well the character developments and the plot, without getting too sidetracked, much like what happened for... well the whole season until now.
Much like i implied in the first point, this episode was shown really too lately, and we have only ONE episode for the final battle. The one in the season 1 was a bit rushed to me, but here, it will be a complete mad rush hour... If they don't do any third season, the plot will suffer greatly for the conclusion.

probably one of the best episodes, characters wise (certainly not for the comedy, which is very old and very bad timed here). 7.5, rounded to 8.

frankly, Things would have been much better if agnes arc was shrinked a bit and twisted with the war plot at the BEGINNING of the season, while the "dying in honor" is shown around the episode 6-7, for 2-3 episodes. and then we got the big brawl with reconquista. A pity... i hope the novels will be imported in europe somehow...*can dream...T_T*
Old 2007-09-16, 18:44   Link #4
UPR

this ep was better than the "filler" material we were getting before. Agree that this should have been done sooner. Question, isn't this 13 like the first season?

Louise in a cat-outfit so wrong especially with the faces she made.

Siesta in a bunny-outfit better.

Last edited by UPR; 2007-09-16 at 21:12.
Old 2007-09-16, 19:00   Link #5
htsuji

I watched the episode 11 and got a feeling that the anime company was planing the third season because
Spoiler for episode 11:
Old 2007-09-16, 23:46   Link #6
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Yep, high hopes for 3rd season.
Old 2007-09-17, 04:25   Link #7
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 12:
Old 2007-09-17, 08:34   Link #8
kokolores

My main complaint is that they rushed through everything. It seems to me they were desperately trying to put as much from the novels into this episode as possible as preparation in the event of a third season. In this one episode there was enough plot covered for three. I just can't understand why they decided to waste half of the season on Anies sidestory and then pack an entire volume of the novels if not more into a single episode. Frankly I doubt anyone who ever read the novels can enjoy it like this.
Old 2007-09-17, 13:32   Link #9
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

there are so many things they didn't finish and it looks like Saito&Louise marriage is going to happened in the last episode...at least the preview looks that way
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Old 2007-09-17, 15:18   Link #10
ordnance11

I'm betting one of two last scenes for epsiode 12:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-17, 20:46   Link #11
Phoenix14
Clannad

Saito is going to pull a "300" as I have heard, and is going to fight off a bunch of enemies. It seems kind of rushed...that Saito and Louise are going to get married...I guess they really wanted to end this season with either a huge cliff-hanger or a nice "heartwarming" ending. I don't remember if there is another "kiss scene" or not though...

I have absolutely no doubt that there will be a 3rd season. They wouldn't just quit out now, especially after hinting at the new character (lol)

Either way, i'm really excited to see episode 12!
Old 2007-09-18, 08:59   Link #12
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Question, isn't this 13 like the first season?
You probably already found the answer, but no -- only 12 episodes this season.
Old 2007-09-18, 10:59   Link #13
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
You probably already found the answer, but no -- only 12 episodes this season.
yeah i found out, but thanks. Now speculation and debate is whether there going to have a 3rd season. Part of me hopes they do just to see if they can redeem themselves for what they did. Because really who cares about Anies i never heard of a minor supporting character get more screen time and revelation about the past than the main characters.
Old 2007-09-18, 12:17   Link #14
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Now speculation and debate is whether there going to have a 3rd season. Part of me hopes they do just to see if they can redeem themselves for what they did. Because really who cares about Anies i never heard of a minor supporting character get more screen time and revelation about the past than the main characters.
Well, I see a lot of complaining about this, and maybe it was belaboured a bit (could have maybe trimmed it down a tad), but I think that the reason they focused on it so much is because it was tied to the larger question of this season -- the nobility of war. They had to dig into the past so that the change in Colbert's perspective became evident, which is what caused Saito to re-examine his own beliefs. The transformation in Anies is also very important, and ties into the development of Louise's perspective. This all contrasts with Henrietta's perspective on the war, and those of the leader of the opposing forces. At the beginning of the show, everyone's perspective is pretty static, but all the events of the series force everyone (except the "real bad guys") to re-examine their point of view, which presumably will lead to peace and the end of the war.

So... all that to say that, though I don't dispute the switch in focus is a bit weird at first, I think there is a method to their madness. The other thing is that I haven't read the novels, so maybe that changes the way I'm looking at the story a bit. But all in all, I really don't feel as much hatred towards this season as some people do -- the change in creative staff is apparent, but I don't necessarily think it's for the worse. It wouldn't surprise me to see a third season, but we'll see how sales go.
Old 2007-09-18, 12:26   Link #15
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, I see a lot of complaining about this, and maybe it was belaboured a bit (could have maybe trimmed it down a tad), but I think that the reason they focused on it so much is because it was tied to the larger question of this season -- the nobility of war. They had to dig into the past so that the change in Colbert's perspective became evident, which is what caused Saito to re-examine his own beliefs. The transformation in Anies is also very important, and ties into the development of Louise's perspective. This all contrasts with Henrietta's perspective on the war, and those of the leader of the opposing forces. At the beginning of the show, everyone's perspective is pretty static, but all the events of the series force everyone (except the "real bad guys") to re-examine their point of view, which presumably will lead to peace and the end of the war.
I concur the fact that Agnes and Colbert backstory were very important for the plot. Either in the novel or anime, they bring back the war aspect, and also thenobility of war.
I believe the realy issue is the crapload amount of fillers and the structures which were a true handicap for the storytelling. There of courses many good developments (wales "death", Saito with louise in the vallière court, Henrietta disguising herself as a commoner, etc) but these great points were mixed with the flow of "fillers" sadly. Heck, Sheiffield, the leader of reconquista, has a VERY VERY tiny screentime, despite her big badass "protagonist" role.

If we happen to squeeze the developments part and Agnes backstory as the first half of the season, things would have go very smoothly and fine, especially between the war (so action packed side) and the arguement of "dying in honor" (which would be well portrayed with the first half)
Consequently, it is more an issue with the structure and development, rather than the "change", imho
Old 2007-09-18, 14:27   Link #16
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 11 felt like a classic ZnT episode. The humor was well balanced along with the drama that continued from the last episode. I'm sure some people could say it felt like a first season episode, such a shame the rest of second season hasn't been this way, though still enjoyable.

Spoiler for episode 12:
Old 2007-09-18, 15:55   Link #17
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

it looks like Saito&Louise are going to get married and i think this last episode will really be the end of Zero no Tsukaima
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Old 2007-09-18, 16:06   Link #18
Phoenix14
Clannad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
it looks like Saito&Louise are going to get married and i think this last episode will really be the end of Zero no Tsukaima
Nah...

There is much more to the story. I'm betting on a third season.

They wouldn't have hinted at the new character if they didn't...

The new character will be very...awesome (lol)
Old 2007-09-18, 16:20   Link #19
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix14 View Post
They wouldn't have hinted at the new character if they didn't...
Indeed. They added her in knowing full well that many fans are going to recognize her --- teasing us like this isn't a nice thing. :3
Old 2007-09-18, 16:32   Link #20
Phoenix14
Clannad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Indeed. They added her in knowing full well that many fans are going to recognize her --- teasing us like this isn't a nice thing. :3
Especially since we'll have to wait another year or so before we get another season...
Closed Thread