AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-24, 00:29   Link #1
Majin Sasuke
~Sharingan Ninja~

USA Naruto

does any1 know when Naruto will be comming 2 the USA? this have may have been talked about b4 but im new here...i really hope it comes 2 the USA soon bc whenever i d/l an episode it doesnt work
Old 2004-03-24, 00:34   Link #2
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

I believe there was a thread about this topic somewhere here...

As to your playback problems, I suggest posting any questions you have here.

About the anime being licensed, I really hope they dont do it anytime soon because once it does get licensed, most groups will stop fansubbing the series, most notably ANBU-AonE, as their Naruto fansubs are the best in my opinion.
Old 2004-03-24, 00:40   Link #3
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
I will say this again,

DO NOT JINX IT!!!! WE DONT WANT NARUTO IN THE HANDS OF 4KIDS OR TO BE AMERICANIZED AND BROADCASTED ON NATIONAL TV!!

peace out.
Old 2004-03-24, 00:45   Link #4
manaleak34
In responce...

Send a message via AIM to manaleak34
Ya there has been some Rumors going aroung that 4Kids may be licencing Naurto

And if that happen u can guess that there can be some Name changes, Crappy music and a whole lot of stuff cut out Inculding the Ninja Center Fold
Old 2004-03-24, 00:46   Link #5
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin Sasuke
does any1 know when Naruto will be comming 2 the USA? this have may have been talked about b4 but im new here...i really hope it comes 2 the USA soon bc whenever i d/l an episode it doesnt work
try double clicking or download help or playback help

dont post a thread, it should be in the FAQ.
Old 2004-03-24, 00:52   Link #6
MikoKikyo

The poor kid is prob scared and confused right about now...

Ok, Majin Sasuke, let me explain it to you patiently: you really should be able to d/l it, if you have a decent internet connection/speed. you don't even have to have a file-sharing program such as BitTorrent or Kazaa to watch Naruto, since it is available through direct connection, by some sites.
Now, the general opinion of Naruto fans about it coming to the US (meaning that an American company buys the rights to it, which is refered to as being "licensed") is that it would suck majorly because they would ruin the show with their absurd edits, cuts, and worst of all, translation. Also, once it is licensed, many fansubbing groups will drop the project, and that means it becomes less available for us.

*sighs*...I'm so nice...
Old 2004-03-24, 00:53   Link #7
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
I will say this again,

DO NOT JINX IT!!!! WE DONT WANT NARUTO IN THE HANDS OF 4KIDS OR TO BE AMERICANIZED AND BROADCASTED ON NATIONAL TV!!

peace out.
You know whats funny? i noticed that the person that sais "dont jinx it" is the person that acutaly is the one doing the jinxing. just somthing funny i wanted to point out the last time you said that but couldent because the thread was already closed.
Old 2004-03-24, 00:54   Link #8
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessKikyo
The poor kid is prob scared and confused right about now...

Ok, Majin Sasuke, let me explain it to you patiently: you really should be able to d/l it, if you have a decent internet connection/speed. you don't even have to have a file-sharing program such as BitTorrent or Kazaa to watch Naruto, since it is available through direct connection, by some sites.
Now, the general opinion of Naruto fans about it coming to the US (meaning that an American company buys the rights to it, which is refered to as being "licensed") is that it would suck majorly because they would ruin the show with their absurd edits, cuts, and worst of all, translation. Also, once it is licensed, many fansubbing groups will drop the project, and that means it becomes less available for us.

*sighs*...I'm so nice...
Really.. your to kind... i should crank it up a notch, these naruto coming to america threads is starting to piss me off.
Old 2004-03-24, 00:55   Link #9
Uchiha Itachi
S-Class CriMiNiMiNaL

Quote:
I will say this again,

peace out.
im wit you man.....dis is proven fact......EVERY ANIME DAT HAS BEEN AMERICANIZED IS RUINED (SHAMAN KING) OR BROUGHT DOWN (dRAGONBALL) AND EVEN BAD ANIME LIKE POKEMON AND YUGIOH ARE JUST MADE EVEN WORSe.....I HATE DUBBED ANIME!!!! .....ok ok..im calm now......O YEAH manaleak34 ....AND THE SONGS???? tHE crappy NAMES!!!! THE ACTION PARTS CUT OFF LIKE IN SHAMAN KING!!!!DAMMIT!!!!... i jus hope anime producers dun make the same mistake again anytime soon..id hate to c naruto ruined
Old 2004-03-24, 00:55   Link #10

Send a message via AIM to Karma Send a message via MSN to Karma
I don't think this has been discussed before.
Still don't think it has.
Nope, not been discussed.
Okay this is off topic, but I gotta give some credit to JAppi for this amazing thread.
Yah, that should be enough to fuel a thread

Old 2004-03-24, 00:57   Link #11
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Cowboy Bebop was pretty good dubbed.
Old 2004-03-24, 00:59   Link #12
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Sorry, but I took the liberty of making your post smaller so that people could get through it easier

Anyhow, the second part of your sentence will happen no matter what you might wish for.

It's not a question of if, but when Naruto will be licensed. And, for the ridiculous amount of money that will be paid for the licensing rights, as well as the vast empire that can be Naruto (CCG, video games, toys, plushies, keychains, OSTs, etc. etc.), you can bet you *ss that the show will be put on air as much as possible (network TV is a definite possibility, but so is Cartoon Network, in which case there is the hope of seeing a fairly unedited version).
Old 2004-03-24, 00:59   Link #13
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Itachi
im wit you man.....dis is proven fact......EVERY ANIME DAT HAS BEEN AMERICANIZED IS RUINED (SHAMAN KING) OR BROUGHT DOWN (dRAGONBALL) AND EVEN BAD ANIME LIKE POKEMON AND YUGIOH ARE JUST MADE EVEN WORSe.....I HATE DUBBED ANIME!!!! .....ok ok..im calm now......O YEAH manaleak34 ....AND THE SONGS???? tHE crappy NAMES!!!! THE ACTION PARTS CUT OFF LIKE IN SHAMAN KING!!!!DAMMIT!!!!... i jus hope anime producers dun make the same mistake again anytime soon..id hate to c naruto ruined
Very much agreed with you Itachi, i hope we proved our point...
Old 2004-03-24, 01:01   Link #14
manaleak34
In responce...

Send a message via AIM to manaleak34
Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
Cowboy Bebop was pretty good dubbed.
Yes Yes very true As long as 4Kids dosen't get it i'll be fine besides i don't think it would fit will on Kids WB and stuff like that.

But if it is licenced i would hope it will put on Adult Swim as thats a good place for it.
Old 2004-03-24, 01:03   Link #15
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Sorry, but I took the liberty of making your post smaller so that people could get through it easier

Anyhow, the second part of your sentence will happen no matter what you might wish for.

It's not a question of if, but when Naruto will be licensed. And, for the ridiculous amount of money that will be paid for the licensing rights, as well as the vast empire that can be Naruto (CCG, video games, toys, plushies, keychains, OSTs, etc. etc.), you can bet you *ss that the show will be put on air as much as possible (network TV is a definite possibility, but so is Cartoon Network, in which case there is the hope of seeing a fairly unedited version).
its inevitable... but we want to keep a low profile..
Old 2004-03-24, 01:08   Link #16
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Itachi
.....I HATE DUBBED ANIME!!!! .....ok ok..im calm now......O YEAH manaleak34 ....AND THE SONGS???? tHE crappy NAMES!!!! THE ACTION PARTS CUT OFF LIKE IN SHAMAN KING!!!!DAMMIT!!!!... i jus hope anime producers dun make the same mistake again anytime soon..id hate to c naruto ruined
Yes, we hate dubbed anime (we all do, at least as opposed to subbed anime)
But you know, that's not entirely the dubbing company's fault though. I mean, from watching IY on Adult Swim the other day (we always watch it subbed, of course), me and my friend became convinced that certain lines that sound cool in Japanese just sound so lame in english, no matter who says it, no matter the tone. Did anyone else notice this? things like "i'm going to defeat him for sure" -which Naruto says a lot - sounds terribly lame in English, I don't care who says it... You know...things like that...I'd say its partly a linguistic issue (come on, didn't any1 else notice this ?)
Old 2004-03-24, 01:11   Link #17
Majin Sasuke
~Sharingan Ninja~

well thanx PriestessKikyo u were very nice about this and i do hope that 4kids doesnt sub it i was thinking maybe funi they did an ok job with dbz
Old 2004-03-24, 01:25   Link #18
Sh1ka9on

Send a message via MSN to Sh1ka9on
T__T Sighs.. maybe they show Naruto subbed? Haha.. if thats possible, but it sure as hell would get my vote if it was to happen... Well i hope thats what happens, instead of some random 'Trunks' doing Naruto's voice...
Closed Thread