AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-11, 04:26   Link #181
Sides

Don't think freeloader works with system versions/firmwares above 3.2.
Homebrew is a mixbag, the last few system updates do seem to target homebrew, so it is up to you if you want to import the game or not. Using Homebrew means that you have to wait most of the time, if a new system update is available, until someone figures out a new exploit to install the homebrew channel again.
Obviously the best solution is to get a japanese console, but yeah homebrew channel plus GeckoOs with a component cable or composite (RGB scart doesn't work all the time) is probably the 2nd best solution for import gamers.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 16:26   Link #182
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So Freeloader still works on Nintendo Wii? I heard it got killed by a Nintendo update a while ago. And how dependable is Wii Homebrew?

Yes, I'm dying to find a reliable way to play JP games on my Wii, especially thanks to this game. >.>
Fuhihihi, I've never updated my Wii, so it's still 3.1, therefore allowing me to use it. It's been my pal since Ratatosk.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 20:11   Link #183
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I'm not using NoScript (I'm not paranoid :P), I'm using Adblock Plus. But I don't have Flash installed on this computer.
Old 2009-12-11, 21:17   Link #184
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Fuhihihi, I've never updated my Wii, so it's still 3.1, therefore allowing me to use it. It's been my pal since Ratatosk.
%$#%&!#$^@&* So Graces works on Wii system versions that low?

Well at least people on Nicovideo are showing great progress on putting up playthrough videos. That should keep me statisfied until they (hopefully) release Graces stateside.

On that subject, I can't help but think it every time I see it......does anybody else think the girl at the beginning of the OP is a grown-up Sophie?

Hair color and length are right. (no twin tails) Standing in the flowerbed where she first met Asbel, holding flowers. And I think the flowers she's holding are the flowers Asbel named Sophie after.

Sounds like Sophie all right.
Old 2009-12-12, 22:02   Link #185
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

.................................orzorzorzorzorzor zorzorzorzorzorz
I finally got time to try out TOG, and...

I tried using Freeloader to play the game, and it does read the game, but when I press start on the Wii menu, the screen turns black and doesn't move anymore...

I searched and found http://www.shopncsx.com/talesofgraces.aspx saying you need a 3.2U firmware for it to work...

Is it possible to update only to 3.2U without going past 3.3?

The other option is supposed to be that homebrew channel thing... Which I have no idea about...
Assuming I get Homebrew channel, will it allow me to play TOG with 3.1 firmware...? What is an SD card look like...?
Arghhh!...

I don't want to update my Wii without a clear result because I won't be able to change it back...

PS: Are Wii controllers (remote controller) region locked too? Or do they work on any Wii?

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2009-12-12 at 22:35.
Old 2009-12-13, 02:11   Link #186
DragonBladeX
Kancolle love!

Wiimotes are region free. Mines a Korean controller and works fine with my US set.

I can't really advise much on the homebrew channel but is it an option if you can get through the instructions. The lowest update you can do for now seems to be 3.2 if you do manage to get homebrew installed.

I just wished I could find a way to access the Wii shop on my US set to get some of the costumes that are coming up soon...
Old 2009-12-13, 06:08   Link #187
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

@serenade: In the meantime, I'm just keeping up with the game by viewing the playthrough videos on youtube. (spoilers in them, of course) This guy is actually ahead of the guys on nicovideo, although the ED credits and epilogue have been posted on nicovideo. This guy has the whole ending sequence (ending movies, ED credits, and epilogue) up. Again, spoilers.
Old 2009-12-13, 06:52   Link #188
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Is it possible to update only to 3.2U without going past 3.3?
I don't think it actually works with freeloader, but the easiest way to update to 3.2, is to get an older game with 3.2 update on the disc.
As for homebrew, just check out wiibrew.com and click on Homebrew Channel, it tell you pretty much anything you need to know how to get it running, and for import games, you need to get GeckoOs. Pretty sure GeckoOS will install the IOS required to run the game, from the disc, it won't update your system version. So technically you could run the game on 3.1.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 13:57   Link #189
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBladeX View Post
Wiimotes are region free. Mines a Korean controller and works fine with my US set.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
@serenade: In the meantime, I'm just keeping up with the game by viewing the playthrough videos on youtube. (spoilers in them, of course) This guy is actually ahead of the guys on nicovideo, although the ED credits and epilogue have been posted on nicovideo. This guy has the whole ending sequence (ending movies, ED credits, and epilogue) up. Again, spoilers.
Fast...!
Some people really have the time and endurance to finish games so quickly... (Already experienced this during the Pokemon HGSS rush though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I don't think it actually works with freeloader, but the easiest way to update to 3.2, is to get an older game with 3.2 update on the disc.
As for homebrew, just check out wiibrew.com and click on Homebrew Channel, it tell you pretty much anything you need to know how to get it running, and for import games, you need to get GeckoOs. Pretty sure GeckoOS will install the IOS required to run the game, from the disc, it won't update your system version. So technically you could run the game on 3.1.
Hmm... I'll see what I can do...
Do you know any games that have a 3.2 update?

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2009-12-13 at 14:14.
Old 2009-12-13, 15:57   Link #190
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
And some good players like Kouli have already finished the game and try to beat some cameos on Chaos difficulty like Kouli with
Spoiler:

Still fighting to get SP and mastering skill from titles in order to upgrade stats. A fine team with Asbel, Cheria, Pascal and Sophie
Poor Asbel
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 18:17   Link #191
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Well, I've actually known this for quite some time thanks to the playthrough videos on various sites, I've just been sitting on it for a while......but I was actually
Spoiler for ToG Ending/Epilogue:
Old 2009-12-13, 20:10   Link #192
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

YES! It finally worked... This saves me from buying a JP Wii...
Haa... I thought the Gecko thing wasn't working, but you had to change the language to JP first... Yet for some reason, Ratatosk doesn't. Some change in the program or something... *mutter* *mutter*
Ah... The stress...
Anyways

@Sides

Thanks for all the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
And some good players like Kouli
No offense to anyone, but "good" might be better fitted as "free", because people who have gotten so far in such a short time definitely have a lot of free time on their hand. Let's go outside and help society instead!
...Not that I'm in the position to say it.

Old 2009-12-14, 06:43   Link #193
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Blast caliber exhibition anyone? Though the video quality is pretty sucky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emQGIxL7bXA

Cheria's Level 3 BC made me........
Old 2009-12-14, 07:30   Link #194
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

man, I'm still figuring out how to properly combo up to level 2 or higher ^_^;; I think shutting off some of my other characters' level 1s will probably help that though.

I never understood the feeling to rush through games like this. When it comes to Tales and other large-ish rpgs I love to take my sweet time playing through them.

I think I even heard of someone finishing it on the day of release. How the heck is that fun?

I don't know, maybe they feel a sense of accomplishment being "first" or something, but I can't help but feel that its a waste of money *shrug
Old 2009-12-14, 09:19   Link #195
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mageormike View Post
I don't know, maybe they feel a sense of accomplishment being "first" or something, but I can't help but feel that its a waste of money *shrug
Well for me, I would rush through it to see the story.
Old 2009-12-14, 09:28   Link #196
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
I just noticed that Pascal is voiced by Kana Ueda and she is equipped with a Staff.
If only Sophie was armed with a Long Spear and Cheria with a long giant Sword, an Axe or being a double sword user, the trio could fit with a DLC of "Nanoha's Trio Costume"
Pascal : Hayate, Sophie : Nanoha, Cheria : Fate.
Old 2009-12-14, 15:27   Link #197
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Blast caliber exhibition anyone? Though the video quality is pretty sucky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emQGIxL7bXA

Cheria's Level 3 BC made me........
Cheria's time freezing... Za WORLD! (the ability or something that freezes time) --> World --> Sekai --> Voice actor's past role
In other words, a voice actor reference?

Old 2009-12-14, 19:03   Link #198
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9087839

Cameo battle is pretty much confirmed as Reala, Veigue and Kohaku.
Old 2009-12-14, 19:17   Link #199
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

http://fr.justin.tv/clip/908fc0a873b2ac8a
It is.
We can also decide to fight all 3 of them or Veigue.
Old 2009-12-16, 16:07   Link #200
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by mageormike View Post
I never understood the feeling to rush through games like this. When it comes to Tales and other large-ish rpgs I love to take my sweet time playing through them.

I think I even heard of someone finishing it on the day of release. How the heck is that fun?

I sort of go middle of the road on these things, I won't spend ages hunting new side quests, but I don't rush either - do lots of battles, if I run past a subquest I'll usually finish it, etc. Second play is for doing things in detail, as there are usually more guides by then Finding things yourself is fun, but spare me from subquests that involve going to the other side of the world to talk to a specific NPC between 2 events that're 10 minutes apart. Especially without an airship.

I've been playing for 35 hours so far, will post more detailed impressions when I'm done, but to sum it up quickly, the battle system is the best in a 3D Tales game by a good margin, the characters are fairly average but benefit from the skits for some above average development, and the story... is a little weak. My party is wherever possible Asbel, Sophie, Hubert, Malik.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game, games, rpg