AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-11, 04:06   Link #781
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
^Zhonecage gives me a boost of exp. Mainly that level 7/9 of it which makes my party level 200 after a couple of fight Also, harder difficulty = more exp.
As said, I already have it on hard/evil difficulty (any higher and my party gets raped), yet each fight only gives me a fraction of my TNL. I'm only leveling up once every 25-30 fights. And I haven't even hit level 100 yet.........

And what base weapons do I use to dualize for the ultimate weapons? (I just got Cheria's terasphere from floor 1; this is my grinding playthrough )
Old 2012-05-11, 04:43   Link #782
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Some basic equipments like throwing knives for Cheria and Long sword for Asbel. I got lucky in this playthrough because I only used throwing knives for my cheria (I dualized it a lot) before I got the sphere and realized that it's the basic equipment for her ultimate weapon.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 19:14   Link #783
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
As said, I already have it on hard/evil difficulty (any higher and my party gets raped), yet each fight only gives me a fraction of my TNL. I'm only leveling up once every 25-30 fights. And I haven't even hit level 100 yet.........

And what base weapons do I use to dualize for the ultimate weapons? (I just got Cheria's terasphere from floor 1; this is my grinding playthrough )
I've been doing my leveling at the Lastalia near the Fodra Queen's enterance. Pretty much have it on evil because the chaos difficulty had me spending more on life bottles than anything else. Pretty much max the gald on it but still grinding more with my characters. Though the good thing was that I manage to get all their 100+ hit titles with the golems.
Old 2012-05-13, 12:15   Link #784
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Finally beat Solomus and Lambda Theos...For some reasons, lambda always got stunned by my Cheria That and 10x damage managed to get him down in less than 30 sec Although I was pretty lucky because I need to repeat several times when he spammed all those spells to my party

Old 2012-05-14, 13:57   Link #785
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Anybody have some quick and easy dualizing recipes to make items for access to floors 8 and 9 of the Zonecage?
Old 2012-05-14, 15:43   Link #786
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Anybody have some quick and easy dualizing recipes to make items for access to floors 8 and 9 of the Zonecage?
Rare Sword + Mighty Crystal = Isleberg
Isleberg + Haughty/Perilous/Poignant quality = floors 8 + 9

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 20:47   Link #787
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I was just about to ask the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Coincidentally I happen to have 1 Isleberg and 1 ranked six shard to give me Poignant... But that means I've only got one shot at it, and even though I haven't lost a boss fight since Amber, I've gotten quite close against the Gentle Eel...

EDIT:

Lol Zhonecage Peepit cutscenes are hilarious:

Cheria: Poor little things...
Asbel: I knew you were going to say that...
Cheria: Yes, but I'm still going to take all this grilled chicken they've left... The poor things...!
Asbel: ...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 21:47   Link #788
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
I still can barely make heads or tails of Dualizing through all the Japanese kanji, so where do I get a Mighty Crystal, and how to I get one of those qualities and infuse it into a weapon?

And from the guides I've seen, I can see that they gave the name "Amber" to the girl you fight on floor three. AKA Kohaku from Tails of Hearts. What the heck is wrong with "Kohaku"? I don't really like it when they rename stuff for no good reason.
Old 2012-05-14, 22:15   Link #789
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
I still can barely make heads or tails of Dualizing through all the Japanese kanji, so where do I get a Mighty Crystal, and how to I get one of those qualities and infuse it into a weapon?

And from the guides I've seen, I can see that they gave the name "Amber" to the girl you fight on floor three. AKA Kohaku from Tails of Hearts. What the heck is wrong with "Kohaku"? I don't really like it when they rename stuff for no good reason.
A Mighty Crystal is dualized from combining a Rare Metal(you can get them from a DP in the Snowshroud Ruins that had the heat ray) and a Dragon Scale(gotten from the 4-legged lizards in the Center area of Ghardia Shaft). Then combine the crystal with a Rare Sword(which can bought a T-Mart w/lv 9[maybe lv 10] stamp card).

I'm pretty sure it's because they're named after gemstones or some sort. Kaji(who was doing the ToH translation) makes some mentions about this if you care to hear his opinion.

Old 2012-05-14, 22:31   Link #790
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
A Mighty Crystal is dualized from combining a Rare Metal(you can get them from a DP in the Snowshroud Ruins that had the heat ray) and a Dragon Scale(gotten from the 4-legged lizards in the Center area of Ghardia Shaft). Then combine the crystal with a Rare Sword(which can bought a T-Mart w/lv 9[maybe lv 10] stamp card).
Thanks, but how do I get one of those qualities frubam pointed out and put it on the Isleberg?
Old 2012-05-14, 23:02   Link #791
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Thanks, but how do I get one of those qualities frubam pointed out and put it on the Isleberg?
Zhonecage's lower levels generally give you good shards. Just have to get a bunch of shards and hope you can make it. Higher difficulties = higher quality shards. Grape Parfait = higher chance of higher level shards.

It doesn't HAVE to be Perilous quality, as long as the Resell Multiplier is 3.5x, Resell Inheritance is >+100, and temper your weapon(increases selling price by 1.5x).

Old 2012-05-14, 23:42   Link #792
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Zhonecage's lower levels generally give you good shards. Just have to get a bunch of shards and hope you can make it. Higher difficulties = higher quality shards. Grape Parfait = higher chance of higher level shards.

It doesn't HAVE to be Perilous quality, as long as the Resell Multiplier is 3.5x, Resell Inheritance is >+100, and temper your weapon(increases selling price by 1.5x).
Yeah I know about how to increase chances of getting shards, but how do I get it on the weapon? Just dualize the weapon with the shard like anything else?

Also, I'm going to have to find the JP -> US terminology relations since every guide I can find now is US game exclusive. >.> Obviously it's not going to say "Perlious/Haughty"/whatever on the shard in the JP version.... >.>

EDIT:
Quote:
A Mighty Crystal is dualized from combining a Rare Metal(you can get them from a DP in the Snowshroud Ruins that had the heat ray)
Wait, what's "DP"?

EDIT 2: Okay, I just went through my items available in Dualize, and I can't find any shards.......I have to have some, as I've had my game set on on Evil for most of the game, and I tried making a shard out of two tempered weapons to be sure anyway, but even after that I can't find any shards in any of my lists in the Dualize menus..............

Last edited by Shinji103; 2012-05-15 at 00:17.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 06:07   Link #793
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

DP = Discovery Points.
Quote:
Grape Parfait = higher chance of higher level shards.
How do you get Grape Parfait? I don't think I have the recipe in my book yet

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0A...l81Z3d2NW52Yzk This guide mentions this: http://www23.atwiki.jp/talesofgracesf/pages/69.html which seems to mention all the possible combination for the quality.

Quote:
Okay, I just went through my items available in Dualize, and I can't find any shards.......I have to have some, as I've had my game set on on Evil for most of the game, and I tried making a shard out of two tempered weapons to be sure anyway, but even after that I can't find any shards in any of my lists in the Dualize menus..............
Have you checked them in your inventory...? That's pretty weird because the drop rate should be very high if you don't have any shards in your inventory...

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's because they're named after gemstones or some sort. Kaji(who was doing the ToH translation) makes some mentions about this if you care to hear his opinion.
Speaking about ToH...do you think he'll finish translating it?

Old 2012-05-15, 06:30   Link #794
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I think anything involving Parfait is from White Wine... I distinctively recall first making those when I reach Straht (sp?) capital which is were I got the White wine.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 06:52   Link #795
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I think I just encountered a case of the terminology barrier making it harder to understand dualizing....

Are the "Pieces" you get from battle in Graces the co-called "shards" int he US version? Because I have Attack Pieces of different levels, as well as Defence, Resistance, Rise, and Exceed Pieces.
Old 2012-05-15, 07:23   Link #796
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Yep it's those ones. Each pieces have different qualities which will also has different effects when you dualize it with your weapons..but I guess you already know about it

Quote:
I think anything involving Parfait is from White Wine... I distinctively recall first making those when I reach Straht (sp?) capital which is were I got the White wine.
Whoa thanks, I finally managed to create it. Problem is, the requirement for it to cook is to combo an enemy with 50-hit combo It's quite difficult because the enemy seems to keep getting killed in 5-7 attacks I guess I'll use it in later dungeons..

Old 2012-05-15, 08:38   Link #797
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Whoa thanks, I finally managed to create it. Problem is, the requirement for it to cook is to combo an enemy with 50-hit combo It's quite difficult because the enemy seems to keep getting killed in 5-7 attacks I guess I'll use it in later dungeons..
You could try to increase the difficulty. I played Evil to Chaos as soon as it was available, and I never had any problem with killing an enemy too soon(in the latest dungeons). Plus, it's said to yield even better shards than lower difficulties.

Quote:
I think I just encountered a case of the terminology barrier making it harder to understand dualizing....

Are the "Pieces" you get from battle in Graces the co-called "shards" int he US version? Because I have Attack Pieces of different levels, as well as Defence, Resistance, Rise, and Exceed Pieces.
Yep, pretty much what Himmel said. You can check the Aselia wiki for quality name comparisons if you're using the jp version.

Old 2012-05-15, 19:04   Link #798
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

[
Quote:
You could try to increase the difficulty. I played Evil to Chaos as soon as it was available, and I never had any problem with killing an enemy too soon(in the latest dungeons). Plus, it's said to yield even better shards than lower difficulties.
I played in Chaos...but the enemies keeps getting killed easily It's probably because I'm still in the beginning parts of the game after finishing this game a couple of times, so.. I guess my only bet to grind combo hit is in the future arc dungeons or zhonecage

Oh and does anyone have some tips to grind eleth mixer to reach 9999?

Old 2012-05-15, 19:39   Link #799
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Is there any trick/method to getting a specific title Dualized onto a weapon/piece of armor? From the way the guides said it, it sounds kind of random what the result is.

(now I gotta overcome the translation barrier for Quality terms.....)
Old 2012-05-15, 21:43   Link #800
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Is there any trick/method to getting a specific title Dualized onto a weapon/piece of armor? From the way the guides said it, it sounds kind of random what the result is.

(now I gotta overcome the translation barrier for Quality terms.....)
No, I'm pretty sure there's a system to it. Best just to read from a good source made at gFaqs rather than me trying to explain(cause I don't understand it fully either (>.>));

For an extensive dualizing guide:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/60415...ces-f/62538389

For quality locations:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/60415...ces-f/62417923

Tags
game, games, rpg