Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-21, 07:49   Link #1441
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I found some pics that fans of the Miyanaga Sisters will find either very cute, very funny, or very horrifying.

Here they are! Enjoy!

Spoiler for Happier Miyanaga Sisters!:
*Sees pictures, which looks like K-ON.*

*Remembers from series that they are demons*

Does. Not. Compute.
Old 2012-06-21, 10:01   Link #1442
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I wonder if this means Teru disowned Saki because she accidentally broke her cherished guitar... or maybe Saki can reunite their family by buying one for Teru.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 10:05   Link #1443
Kyuu
=^^=

Can K-ONs play mahjong? The answer is: "No".
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 10:08   Link #1444
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I wonder if this means Teru disowned Saki because she accidentally broke her cherished guitar... or maybe Saki can reunite their family by buying one for Teru.
That's as unlikely as Ritz really drawing manga to find her missing father (points for those who get where this little tidbit was mentioned, heh).
Old 2012-06-21, 10:09   Link #1445
Sumeragi
Banned

Of course it's Ritz.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 10:13   Link #1446
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
I found some pics that fans of the Miyanaga Sisters will find either very cute, very funny, or very horrifying.

Here they are! Enjoy!

I'm sorry. That looks nothing like Teru.

It's missing something vital.

Spoiler for missing piece:
Old 2012-06-21, 10:22   Link #1447
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
... And I guess horrifying takes it!

I found the incongruency kind of funny myself (kind of like Dr. Doom smiling while he pets puppies, say), and the artwork itself was cute, but ah well.
Old 2012-06-21, 10:23   Link #1448
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Of course it's Ritz.
Actually it was also mentioned in one of the after-episode skits in S1. What was it again? 23 or 24? Somewhere thereabouts.
Old 2012-06-21, 19:19   Link #1449
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
I'm sorry. That looks nothing like Teru.

It's missing something vital.

If someone makes a sig out of this, I am going to say... No one here is going to sleep anymore due to constant looking at the devilish eyes.
Old 2012-06-22, 03:08   Link #1450
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
... And I guess horrifying takes it!

I found the incongruency kind of funny myself (kind of like Dr. Doom smiling while he pets puppies, say), and the artwork itself was cute, but ah well.
Hey now, I found it funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
If someone makes a sig out of this, I am going to say... No one here is going to sleep anymore due to constant looking at the devilish eyes.
You don't say...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 04:33   Link #1451
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Hey now, I found it funny.

You don't say...
Now you have done it.... (Though I would prefer if you use Qilin's image(Which you did.), and add some words that will cause fear. It will make the sig more "Horror"... Now I am having nightmares... Since yesterday.)

Good luck of staring at Kogetsu Shirogane's sig guys. (I can still hold on because I have seen worst... S- *Beam Magnum'd*)

ETA: 3 days to next episode... Are you ready?
Old 2012-06-22, 05:05   Link #1452
night_sentinel

Quote:

How odd... despite having the same hair color, hair style and uniform as Saki and Teru I can't think of the persons in the picture as either Saki or Teru. All I think about is Yui and Ui cosplaying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin
Oh... Teru is definitely missing this.

I think Achiga is mentally conditioning me or perhaps its just the multiple rewatch of Teru slaughte- I meant vanguard match but I think I'm equating Teru's appearance for her opponents as the countdown timer slowly ticking the time you're going to hell.

Spoiler for Comparison picture by 4chan:

Comparing Teru in normal situation and the bizarro pictures of her in happy land. I think I get it now... bizarro! Teru is missing her expression of perpetual boredom and "you're doomed" aura.

Hmmm... I think I prefer normal Teru, the bizarro picture of her weirds me out.

On the other hand I don't know what Saki is missing but I also can't picture the above as Saki we know and love...
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 05:28   Link #1453
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
How odd... despite having the same hair color, hair style and uniform as Saki and Teru I can't think of the persons in the picture as either Saki or Teru. All I think about is Yui and Ui cosplaying.
Maybe that is the idea behind those pics. That actually does fit, really.

I wouldn't know for sure as I just found them while searching pixiv by Saki Miyanaga's Japanese name (i.e. any tags that might be attached to it aren't ones I'd be able to read).
Old 2012-06-22, 07:05   Link #1454
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:

Oh... Teru is definitely missing this.

I think Achiga is mentally conditioning me or perhaps its just the multiple rewatch of Teru slaughte- I meant vanguard match but I think I'm equating Teru's appearance for her opponents as the countdown timer slowly ticking the time you're going to hell.

Spoiler for Comparison picture by 4chan:

Comparing Teru in normal situation and the bizarro pictures of her in happy land. I think I get it now... bizarro! Teru is missing her expression of perpetual boredom and "you're doomed" aura.

Hmmm... I think I prefer normal Teru, the bizarro picture of her weirds me out.

On the other hand I don't know what Saki is missing but I also can't picture the above as Saki we know and love...
The first part... Thats why I said DOES. NOT. COMPUTE. Because it doesn't make sense. (And thats the motive of the image.)

2nd part...

Why it weirds you out? (...... I still find something missing from the comparison pictures... Or is it just me?)
Old 2012-06-22, 09:39   Link #1455
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive
Why it weirds you out? (...... I still find something missing from the comparison pictures... Or is it just me?)
There is nothing missing from the comparison picture. Its just to highlight how different the bizarro Teru from her normal character design. As I've said above I just can't see the Miyanagas' in the first set even if I imagine them with their normal facial expression, the design is just very different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R
I wouldn't know for sure as I just found them while searching pixiv by Saki Miyanaga's Japanese name (i.e. any tags that might be attached to it aren't ones I'd be able to read).
Triple_R I sympathize, I usually try to surf 2chan using google as a translator and most of the time I feel like I'm decrypting a hidden spy language. Its times like this I wish I took some basic Nihongo.

I think I'll just see the picture as Yui and Ui cosplaying their favorite mahjong stars - Teru and Saki respectively, who by that time hopefully would have made up and are happily getting everyone shivering not by fear aura but by sugar overload.

Btw, I was wondering around the thread when I came across something interesting posted by Konakaga - its a semi-trollish list of why Teru would reject Saki. So while waiting for the next episode let's play a guessing game.

Spoiler for For saving space:
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 10:09   Link #1456
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:

Btw, I was wondering around the thread when I came across something interesting posted by Konakaga - its a semi-trollish list of why Teru would reject Saki. So while waiting for the next episode let's play a guessing game.

6 would be one hell of a plot twist, and the funny/scary thing is you could almost make it work! (The main problem would be hot springs/beach/swimming based episodes, for obvious reasons)

6 would also make Teru's stand towards Saki totally understandable, imo.

Of course, the yuri fan in me would not want 6 to be it.
Old 2012-06-22, 11:38   Link #1457
tsunade666

Quote:

Nodo-chan won't agree
Old 2012-06-22, 12:52   Link #1458
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Nodo-chan won't agree
On point 6 though...
Old 2012-06-22, 14:33   Link #1459
Magewolf

Is it just me or do most of Achiga's problems lead back to Harue Akado.She has failed them across the board.

Kuro's problem is that her power is a noose around her neck against any good player with stats on her.But I really blame her coach.She sent her like a lamb to slaughter without even warning her about it.The coach is a pro so she must have seen the holes in Kuro game and that she would implode at the national level but she did nothing about it.

Yuu on the other hand could be a terror if she was just a better player.Again I blame the coach.Yuu, I think would have benefited from intense training against a pro who knew her style but from how she acted when she had to switch styles that had never happened.Of course of all the girls she would be the easiest to give a super power-up to in an emergency.We have never seen her play when she was warm.If they could arrange it some how it might have a Full Moon effect on her.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 14:51   Link #1460
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Is it just me or do most of Achiga's problems lead back to Harue Akado.She has failed them across the board.

Kuro's problem is that her power is a noose around her neck against any good player with stats on her.But I really blame her coach.She sent her like a lamb to slaughter without even warning her about it.The coach is a pro so she must have seen the holes in Kuro game and that she would implode at the national level but she did nothing about it.
Spoiler:

First of all. We do not see any evidence of player rotation. And too bad there isn't any player rotation. Otherwise, I would have sent either Arata or Ako first against Teru. Shizu would be nice too, but she's better off as the closer.

Second of all. Kuro playing first allowed the Achiga team to get this far in the first place, where her playing style produced some kind of "shock effect" to other teams with her dora magnet. Of course, this was nullified when Senriyama figured it out; and likewise, Teru sees right through her.

Thirdly. We have no real clue as to how they handled training throughout this series, prior to the Nationals. All that detail was fluffed through in order to squeeze the whole series into 12 (now 15) episodes. With Harue being a minor pro. -- even she should have access to a mahjong pro. and subject the Achiga girls to that kind of beating.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri