AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-25, 18:03   Link #941
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx999 View Post
They have laughing coffin come out of nowhere and disappear, when they could make an entire short arc about them.
To be fair the Laughing Coffin guild has not disappeared in the anime... they're still there and included in Ep8.

It's likely entirely too early to say they've 'disappeared'.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 10:17   Link #942
Jinx999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
To be fair the Laughing Coffin guild has not disappeared in the anime... they're still there and included in Ep8.

It's likely entirely too early to say they've 'disappeared'.
Yeah. I only saw that episode after I'd posted that. It's a change from the novel (where there's no mention of Laughing Coffin at that point) - but potentially a good one.
Jinx999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 10:50   Link #943
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx999 View Post
Yeah. I only saw that episode after I'd posted that. It's a change from the novel (where there's no mention of Laughing Coffin at that point) - but potentially a good one.
Why I pointed out the 'anime' bit, also, anime thread
Old 2012-08-27, 19:30   Link #944
Anime-fan10

This anime is ridiculously good! I've been watching since the first episode, which immediately drew me in, and it's gotten better each week. The concept of this anime is very interesting and the story just draws me in. To be trapped in a virtual world with your body defenseless on the outside with no escape other than to beat the game is just pure genius. I like the different floors shown as well; so many different environments and tasks to do; the game is so realistic. I haven't seen an anime this good in a while. I don't know how many episodes are scheduled, but it's my favorite anime this season and I look forward to it every week. I'll be disappointed to see it end.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 19:55   Link #945
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-fan10 View Post
I don't know how many episodes are scheduled
25 apparently.
Old 2012-08-27, 20:41   Link #946
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
This anime is ridiculously good! I've been watching since the first episode, which immediately drew me in, and it's gotten better each week. The concept of this anime is very interesting and the story just draws me in. To be trapped in a virtual world with your body defenseless on the outside with no escape other than to beat the game is just pure genius. I like the different floors shown as well; so many different environments and tasks to do; the game is so realistic. I haven't seen an anime this good in a while. I don't know how many episodes are scheduled, but it's my favorite anime this season and I look forward to it every week. I'll be disappointed to see it end.
Coming soon: Sword Art Online, the MMO!
Old 2012-08-28, 04:51   Link #947
chaos_alfa

Quote:
I don't know how many episodes are scheduled
25 episode and after that there are still 5 volumes left of material. So lets hope for a second season
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 18:07   Link #948
Anime-fan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
25 apparently.
Awesome! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
Sounds good to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
25 episode and after that there are still 5 volumes left of material. So lets hope for a second season
Wow, 5 volumes? I'm very happy to hear there's going to be 25 episodes! A second season would be even better! Thanks!
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 03:59   Link #949
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
I'll play it, complete with NervGear and Kayaba involved......wait...what do you mean I'm trapped?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 06:20   Link #950
James2705

I'd play it even if it meant being stuck in it haha. Defiantly one of the best animes I've seen.
Old 2012-09-07, 20:43   Link #951
blewin

Does the studio not have a good budget? There seems to be a lot stills and lack of fluid motions in the fight scenes. I want to see fluid scenes like the ones in Horizon. What a shame.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 19:36   Link #952
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Does the studio not have a good budget? There seems to be a lot stills and lack of fluid motions in the fight scenes. I want to see fluid scenes like the ones in Horizon. What a shame.
I've noticed it as well, but I don't really hold it against the studio, I guess? While there are a number of stills, it's mainly for less important fights. All the important ones I can really think of (Kuradeel, Gleameyes, Heathcliff) are quite well done, and definitely some of the more well done scenes (not necessarily better animated, but better choreographed overall).

You also have to consider the budget differences. Horizon has 2 seasons, each 1 cour, while SAO has 1 season, 2 cour. The budget for the season probably isn't significantly different (This is how I think, I honestly have no idea how accurate I am, nor do I know how well funded each studio is in general). Regardless, I think, given the novels, which I won't go in to, will be more battle-heavy towards the latter half of the series, so it's also possible they want to spend more budget towards that end.
EnigmaticAxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 20:20   Link #953
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
I've noticed it as well, but I don't really hold it against the studio, I guess? While there are a number of stills, it's mainly for less important fights. All the important ones I can really think of (Kuradeel, Gleameyes, Heathcliff) are quite well done, and definitely some of the more well done scenes (not necessarily better animated, but better choreographed overall).

You also have to consider the budget differences. Horizon has 2 seasons, each 1 cour, while SAO has 1 season, 2 cour. The budget for the season probably isn't significantly different (This is how I think, I honestly have no idea how accurate I am, nor do I know how well funded each studio is in general). Regardless, I think, given the novels, which I won't go in to, will be more battle-heavy towards the latter half of the series, so it's also possible they want to spend more budget towards that end.
Also: Sunrise is pretty well known for it's ability to animate action scenes while A-1 is know for outsourcing virtually everything which means that we never know the kind of quality we might expect. But the main issue is budget imho. Not only monetary budget but also time budget: a split cour show gives you a much needed break at the half way mark to help you get back up to speed.
Old 2012-09-08, 21:46   Link #954
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
I'll play it, complete with NervGear and Kayaba involved......wait...what do you mean I'm trapped?
God, as a nurse.... it'll be tons for us for taking care of you guys trapped in the game...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 22:50   Link #955
FateAnomaly

Thats ok. Half of the people will auto die on the first due day to lag as they are all cramped into the same room.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 22:53   Link #956
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Thats ok. Half of the people will auto die on the first due day to lag as they are all cramped into the same room.
I don't think it would make any sense to move all the players from all over Japan into the same room that'd probably be well over two hours from where they live in the first place.
Old 2012-09-10, 01:18   Link #957
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
If we take how SAO is shown as fact, lag will be a thing of the past a decade from now.

*prays to hope that's actually going to be true*
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 18:00   Link #958
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I don't think it would make any sense to move all the players from all over Japan into the same room that'd probably be well over two hours from where they live in the first place.
The battery lasts for two hours, there is absolutely nothing that could stop them being transferred every time their battery recharged. I imagine them being moved to the nearest hospital on the first day and then transferred to other hospitals with better facilities the next few days.

Lag is a thing of the past in SAO, at least I never heard of a game that doesn't lag when 10000 players are in one area like episode 1
Old 2012-09-10, 18:03   Link #959
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
The battery lasts for two hours, there is absolutely nothing that could stop them being transferred every time their battery recharged. I imagine them being moved to the nearest hospital on the first day and then transferred to other hospitals with better facilities the next few days.
[citation needed]?

A, imagine how the player's would feel... suddenly having everything going black... or worse, turning bright and sparkly for a few seconds as the microwave amps up.

Why would you assume the person holding 10,000 people hostage would allow them to be moved around, willy nilly, without killing a few of them the second time they get moved to keep such shenanigans in-line?
Old 2012-09-10, 18:22   Link #960
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Spoiler for From what was told to me about the novels skipped in the anime, discussed at that time:

Tags
action, romance, shounen