Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-04-24, 01:04   Link #681
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
@ Critias

Well, I guess it comes with the wear and tear of the brain being reprogrammed so many times.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 04:08   Link #682
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

If I'm gonna rewrite GSD, i want Shinn being Lelouch.
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 06:11   Link #683
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn_Kabuto View Post
If I'm gonna rewrite GSD, i want Shinn being Lelouch.
My thoughts exactly. And I think I've already mentioned such stance somewhere. Lelouch, despite also being an emo strongly bonded to his sister and being filled with desire for vengeance had what Shinn ultimately lacked - the sympathy of the audience. They should've made him more cunning and consistent as a character instead of letting him roam the world, doing random missions and flinging insults at the main protagonists of the last show.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 07:53   Link #684
Zeta Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
As I wrote earlier:
The interview came out some time after Destiny finished, but it shouldn't make a whole lot of difference since Fukuda is well known for poor interviews.

It does IMO.

It's not like he was on a timer to answer the question's,and this was the save face mandatory interview,after his wife came out and admitted that she couldn't properly write any one other than her favorite characters from the first series.

His answers could have been scripted for all we know(Which would be the smart thing less Sunrise gets pissed off anymore),but that's better than just throwing it to the trash just because he has contradicted himself a few times in the past(Which mainly stems from the fact that it seems he lets his wife walk all over him).
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 15:48   Link #685
Aquaman OS

GSD as a whole failed because it wasn't entertaining at all. The battles were boring, the characters were unlikeable on all sides, the mecha got very little screentime compared to the characters (and they wonder why model sales were bad), and the final battle was lame as hell in both the actual fighting and the reasons for fighting. Too much politics too little mecha action. Especially toward the end. GS had mecha fighting every ep for the last 10 eps of it. Destiny? There were 4 eps in a row with no action. Boring.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 19:21   Link #686
hero147

I didnt like Destiny since it had basically the same main points as Seed. Though nobody died makes me glad, since whenever I finish watching a sad anime or am in a depressing mood, watching Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny kinda comforts me, making this series good in my eyes.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 23:13   Link #687
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

For all the angry AsuCaga fans, what about us LacusMeer fans?!! We didn't even get a single Lacus Meer angel bath dunking contest scene! How gay is that?!

Another reason GSD wasn't as good?

No Natale. She kicked ass and you know it.

And Shitt was too whiny.

And reused animation.

And we STILL don't have physical confirmation of Lacus's goddess dust powers even though we know she has them.
Old 2008-04-26, 03:46   Link #688
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
For all the angry AsuCaga fans, what about us LacusMeer fans?!! We didn't even get a single Lacus Meer angel bath dunking contest scene! How gay is that?!
I think that even AsuCaga fans were treated badly as their favorites were among the most annoying characters of teh show. It almost seems that Athrun learned nothing after the last series and is still "confused" about the sides he should stick to, whilst because of Cagalli's weakness Orb fell into the sticky hands of Yuuna Roma.

In fact, to me, Shinn was a much cooler character than the Destiny versions of almost entire old cast. It was refreshing to see such character. He had so much potential, but ultimately they had to spoil it. Personally, I give Destiny a 3+.

As for the "poor" CE model kit sales: My friend in Japan says that CE gunpla do very well, but various sources on the Internet say that after Destiny BANDAI sits on one big pile of money OR that it just sells poor. ANYBODY could just enlighten me and give some credible data on the matter?
Old 2008-04-26, 08:08   Link #689
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Try brightman for that.

Old 2008-04-26, 10:42   Link #690
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Try brightman for that.
What's/who's brightman? Is it someone with enough authority and knowledge to provide me with such credible information?
Old 2008-04-26, 11:17   Link #691
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Try brightman for that.
Unfortunately I have no concrete data on that. But I do recall an interview with Mizushima and a producer early on in the run of 00 where the producer was saying how Destiny's model sales were absolutely abysmal (they were discussing how 00's Gunpla sales were doing at that point in time). I'll see if I can grab a link or two.
Old 2008-04-26, 11:32   Link #692
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Maybe they made too much of them: they tried to milk every kind of grunt but UC fan didn't fell for those fake Zaku's and Dom?
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 12:13   Link #693
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

brightman, Lowe Guele usually are good sources of information for figure related news with Gundam, or you could try asking that in the Models thread.

Old 2008-04-26, 16:08   Link #694
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

http://aeug.blogspot.com/2007_12_01_...79494683748114
Derringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 18:01   Link #695
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
It just mentions that Gundam 00 model kits outsell Destiny gunpla. And it is solely in that period, I think. There's nothing about Destiny model sales being "abyssmal" in general.
Old 2008-04-26, 21:56   Link #696
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
It just mentions that Gundam 00 model kits outsell Destiny gunpla. And it is solely in that period, I think. There's nothing about Destiny model sales being "abyssmal" in general.
They weren't abyssmal. They just didn't meet expectation. Bandai was just expecting a similar explosion that the Strike generated, which it didn't. Destiny's merchandising profiits were different from past gundam shows in that the gunpla being sold didn't have as high of a selling margin as compared to other things like dvds/cds.

I wouldn't necessarily call this a failure, but it did reveal to Bandai that it was entirely possible for GunPla to not be the chief merchandising product for a Gundam production
Derringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 23:10   Link #697
Critias

Something new about GSD's failure: Destroy.

OK so it's made out to be the bad guy Gundam, plus it's freaking huge, so that idea had potential. Stellar piloted it, but it got knocked over, but it didn't actually blow up. OK, I says. So it's gonna get all fixed up and the main bad guy of the series (btw, that's never really made clear either!) can pilot it later. It may also cause Shinn emotional problems fighting the same suit that Stellar died in. So that's still got potential.

BUT HOLD ON.

Instead, we're treated to the fun of seeing MULTIPLE Destroys built, and THEN becoming Gundam cannon fodder! When they sucked ass on Earth, I was all
but then there's more in space! But luckily by that time, everything made no sense, so I no longer gave a crap.
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 08:06   Link #698
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

LOL Destroy. It also kept me wondering where the EA had them stored in case Stellar's Destroy got destroyed. @.@;;

Old 2008-04-27, 09:40   Link #699
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

GSD didn't fail technically. Just that; the story sucks balls. I'm still up for the movie though (I ever they do release it). The series needs more KiraxLacus moments lol.

I still think that maybe; because of the "lol GSD=ZETA" hype is what caused/pressured the writers/director to change the direction/plot of the series. Though yeah; it failed miserably on that. >_<.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 09:48   Link #700
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
That's not what I was referring to, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
They weren't abyssmal. They just didn't meet expectation. Bandai was just expecting a similar explosion that the Strike generated, which it didn't. Destiny's merchandising profiits were different from past gundam shows in that the gunpla being sold didn't have as high of a selling margin as compared to other things like dvds/cds.
The wording in the interview, IIRC, was that Seed's model sales saw limited success, and when Mizushima said that he wasn't sure that Destiny did equally well, the producer interrupted and said, "it wasn't successful." So while it wasn't abysmal, obviously Bandai was disappointed by its model sales.