AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-25, 21:43   Link #1061
TigerII
Pilot in Training

At least everyone lived in the end. I feel bad for Setsuna as she is the only one without anyone, but I ams ure she will find someone for her.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 21:48   Link #1062
Tsuki-Miko-14
aRed moon look evil to me

Location: do u like to know where ............well im in hell ,are you happy now
Send a message via AIM to Tsuki-Miko-14
maybe in the manga is diff
she may end with kuu
i hope
Tsuki-Miko-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 22:04   Link #1063
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki-Miko-14 View Post
KtTnS end was kind sad to me but at the same time confuse that how did kyoshiro and setsuna hair change soo fast when kuu grow up fast ...maybe i need to watch it again but with sub........

knm and kttns was 2 best anime i love soo far not b/c of kaon and himiko but the story was great.

and when i watch kttns it feel like im watch knm again
Come to think of it on this way.

The last scene at the end of Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora is comparable as to the last scene that happened at the end of Mahoromatic ~Motto Utsukushii~.
Spoiler:

Come to think of it, I forgot to comment about my likeness for the opening song on my last post.

At the beginning, I was reproving of Cross*Heart. The music and the lyrics felt too magical and shoujo -ish for the scope and mood of the series, but it eventually won me over after listening to it for several times.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 08:05   Link #1064
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
*squeals*

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-26, 08:09   Link #1065
zhafire

I absolutely loveed the ending! The most conclusive so far this season! I am going to miss this show so much. Does anyone know if the manga for this already ended?
zhafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 08:11   Link #1066
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

k...i think the only reason i have been watching this is becausee it has real cute girls and the re incarnated Chikane-Himeko pair as Kaon-Himiko. Pretty much of a let down series i would say. I watched this seeing it was by the Kannazuki Guys..but Kannazuki was way better. Sorry to say..but overall i feel the series rates a 6 in my counter
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 08:20   Link #1067
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
*shrug* hey if a shounen show with a shoujo-flavored romance isn't your thing...

But you HAVE to admit the animation was way better.
Old 2007-03-26, 08:28   Link #1068
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

A nice and fitting ending to this anime - The cheeze with a grain of drama and angst

A somewhat happy "happily ever after"
I was hoping that Kazuya would get to suffer more and die though At least i don't have to listen to his orgasmic antics now that he has been thrown in to a vegetable state ... the animation on his wine strings was terrible though.

I am quite interested in how the whole Kyoshiro x Kuu thing would end, considering that she is about 10 years old now, which would make Kyoshiro somewhere around 27 i guess

Neko brat and Soujiro got the best ending i suppose

Poor Setsuna - she is definitely one of those characters you can't help but feel for - nothing ever goes right for her, no matter how nice and admirable she is. I wonder what she will do after she parts ways with Kyoshiro.

Kaon and Himiko... i said it before and I'll say it again - couldn't have cared less about them. Though seeing Himiko without her foot was unexpected... still didn't care though.

Action scenes completely devoid of "action"

Overall - this one surpassed my expectations, and is a nice entry in romance/drama/angst series, with some adventure and action on top.
7/10 (extra bonus points for my extreme liking towards Setsuna)
Old 2007-03-26, 09:16   Link #1069
diane_cheeze
Social Sipper

wonder y himiko had to lose her foot though.. did she really lose her foot or did she have to use the crutches cos 1 foot was injured? didnt really see that scene properly...

why did it have to take YEARS for Kyoshiro to find Kuu?? or WHY did she have to b reborn and/or be young! how is THAT supposed to work out? a Pedohile relationship??? than by the time she is old enough to b in a proper relationship he'll b old enough to b her sugar daddy!!!!

argh! but cant complain too much ya.... at least they ended up together in the end! kyoshiro looked so dashing with his long hair and new outfit... it was so sweet when the young Kuu looked at him and just knew he was the one for her! the scene where she ran to him! sweeeeeeeeeeet!
Old 2007-03-26, 11:45   Link #1070
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm happy with that --- its the kind of ending i knew would happen (if you've seen Kannazuki no Miko, then you'll know what i'm on about). It was sweet --- thats just what i wanted. & yay Kazuya didn't die. I wouldn't mind knowing what happens with him, or even how he became that powerful. Though those are matters that are not needed for the series, just something i'd like to know.

Anyway, i'm very happy with this series. It didn't disappoint from the first episode until the end.
Old 2007-03-26, 12:05   Link #1071
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Poor Setsuna - she is definitely one of those characters you can't help but feel for - nothing ever goes right for her, no matter how nice and admirable she is. I wonder what she will do after she parts ways with Kyoshiro.
I would compare Setsuna to Haji from Blood+, however, the decisive differences between those two is that Haji successfully managed (if it weren't for Kai) to confess his love to Saya at the last episode.

While Setsuna could not, but Kyoshiro at the end acknowledged her feelings to him but could not reply them back because he already loves Kuu, however, he was willing to take responsibility for dragging her into his mess and consented her to punish him.
Setsuna, instead, chose to make him company on his quest to find Kuu. After they find chibi-Kuu I would like to speculate that Setsuna started a journey of her own visiting every place around the world.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-26, 13:44   Link #1072
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_cheeze View Post
why did it have to take YEARS for Kyoshiro to find Kuu?? or WHY did she have to b reborn and/or be young! how is THAT supposed to work out? a Pedohile relationship??? than by the time she is old enough to b in a proper relationship he'll b old enough to b her sugar daddy!!!!
Because if she would have been reborn right away Setsuna and Kyoshira would have took her in care, making them father and mother of Kuu. This would cause several problems for them:

a) Kyoshiro x Setsuna.
K: I am sorry Setsuna, I love this 1-year old baby more than you and we will be together once she is older.
S: But I look very adorable and can cook good and bloody hell at least I have similar age like you! (dont worry about my grammar -_-)
K: But I already have fallen into love with Kuu, even if you look better. :S

b1) Father/Mother
How could Kyoshiro love his daughter ...? And with Setsuna as mother shouldnt they be together...?
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 13:55   Link #1073
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Eh, the age is not that odd. Many countries have thirty-forty year olds with 10-13 type things. Just means he will die first and she gets his fortune .

And Setsuna, like I said, will go on her own journey to find her love. But I will guess they keep in contact through letters or something. Semi-happy ending considering everyone but Set got their love. But that just means that he was not her love and she needs to find him.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 14:22   Link #1074
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I just wanna see more of future Kyoshiro & Setsuna.
Old 2007-03-26, 16:06   Link #1075
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ yea i want that too...out of all the girls setsuna definatly gets the top spot on my list just for her tragic story...the poor girl didnt even have a chance no matter how hard she tried but still she tried...it doesnt matter to her than kyoshiro doesnt love her but the fact of being next to him is just enough...now that takes a true heart of gold to do :3 ~ problem is that she did say that she will leave him after finding kuu...*sigh*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 16:29   Link #1076
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ yea i want that too...out of all the girls setsuna definatly gets the top spot on my list just for her tragic story...the poor girl didnt even have a chance no matter how hard she tried but still she tried...it doesnt matter to her than kyoshiro doesnt love her but the fact of being next to him is just enough...now that takes a true heart of gold to do :3 ~ problem is that she did say that she will leave him after finding kuu...*sigh*
We need lots and lots of avatars and gifs for Setsuna from the last episode.

And I do give both my thanks and congratulations to Ayako for their work in subbing Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora.
Old 2007-03-26, 16:51   Link #1077
herbert

I have to ask here. How much do you think kuu remember her previous life? If she can remember all things there is no problem. But if she only know kyoshiro is the prince in her dream, and don't remember anything else, it would be a big issue. Kuu's personality may change this time since she is no longer a empty flesh wihout soul as she was in her previous life. If this is the case, they must start from the very beginning, and may not end up together.

I know this speculation can not happen since it is set against the emotion author want to beat into to us. But I just cann't help to think this way. I don't have special hatred to kuu, but I can't endure to see kyoshiro well off. It is not a tragedy to kuu that she can't end up with kyoshiro. She has been reborn, it is her new life so it is not necessary repeat the love from her previous life, she can have new one. I hope kyoshiro search for ten years only find kuu is a new person who is no longer in love with him(AA can change as much as human do ). And I will never give him Setsuna(he doesn't deserves). Make a bad end for kyoshiro.
Old 2007-03-26, 17:13   Link #1078
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I think she remebers all... at least regarding Kyoshiro. The prince in her dreams is Kazuya, but that ending scene/vision/whatever showed her reunited with Kyoshiro. She may or may not remember all the details, but i think it is safe to say that she remembers Kyoshiro, thus their "reunited" scene.
Old 2007-03-26, 17:30   Link #1079
herbert

Kazuya wais the dreamprince in her previous life, she can have a dream and dreams never come true.

But, you are right. I just can't resist to make up a bad end for kyoshiro. My guess is more likely a false one.
Old 2007-03-27, 06:10   Link #1080
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ok, caught the last two eps.

Not sure what I make of that ending. I'm really not sure if I liked it or not, but I think at the end of the day my attitude is: "it's an ending, I'll just accept it".

Certainly not as strong an ending as KnM's. But, if we momentarily ignore the last three episodes, I'd say this was better than KnM, but my reasoning on that is purely that while both series had its flaws, KnM's flaws were a lot less subtle. KnM's flaws really crippled what was, in the end, a really good story. This, on the other hand, had its flaws innate in the story itself, but managed to make it reasonably engrossing thanks to some decent (read: campy) execution. So, at the end of the day, I give the prize to Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora (for best Kaishaku-manga-cum-anime), barely, but I recognize that if KnM was as good for its entire series as it was in its last few eps, it'd be a completely different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
In the end, Kyoushiro becomes a phedophile. Setsuna still becoming his secretery obssesed over him. What a sweet ending.
Yeah, that's pretty much it, isn't it. I mean, at the end of the day, can we really believe that Setsuna has truly gotten over Kyoshiro and accepted that his heart belongs to Kuu when she still devotes herself to him and follows him around? I'll need to take a grain of salt with it to swallow that. Personally (and surely I'm not the only one who thinks this) I think she got totally shafted in this anime. I mean, one of the more interesting conflicts in the series was her reaction to the news that Kyoshiro chose Kuu over her... and it got totally interrupted by Kazuya's return. It'd have been more interesting to see how that would have folded out than the Kazuya-rampage, if you ask me. But, she was easily the most likable character in the series, if you ask me... and the series didn't really have that many (likable characters, that is).
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen