AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-01-23, 02:23   Link #1
ein
Copy Ninja

Send a message via Yahoo to ein
[manga] Aren't you glad Shikamaru is on the good guys' side?

Just imagine if he were to be part of the Akatsuki. With his brains doing all the work to lead/guide/command his overpowered allies in battle, the Akatsuki would be undefeatable.

Do you think there's anyone in the Akatsuki right now that can match Shikamaru's brain?
ein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 02:31   Link #2
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

There is Kabuto and Kakashi who are equally sly as Shika . Shika's major minus point is he just isnt strong enough . He lacks justsus so he couldnt be in Akatasuki

Regarding Akatsuki think no one is as sly as Shika IMHO
Old 2007-01-23, 05:03   Link #3
Hir0

But remember this, Shika is young and has a long road ahead of him lol He can use time to get better at physical strength and jutsus. No1 can match his brain with brain alone, but physical strength.

smart now = smarter later too : D

lol at the moment we dont even know if hidan is dead/down
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 07:11   Link #4
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
There is Kabuto and Kakashi who are equally sly as Shika . Shika's major minus point is he just isnt strong enough . He lacks justsus so he couldnt be in Akatasuki

Regarding Akatsuki think no one is as sly as Shika IMHO
That's what they claim but i really doubt that...Kakashi has proven in the past that he isnt soo smart (Kakashi Gaiden) and IQ of 200+ isnt something common...that's like finding €/$ 1.000.000 somewhere in a trashcan..

Same as for Kabuto....i doubt they can predict so far (Shika predicts beyond the Sharingan's limit )

It was Shikamaru who acted as the commander this time...and it works out well so far..
Old 2007-01-23, 07:56   Link #5
Chains of Heaven
Sasori's Puppet

being intelligent and shadow binding cant save you forever..but if he had capacity of sasuke or neji, then that would make shiki a low rank akatsuki
Chains of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 08:00   Link #6
Rahan

Shounen villains are always stupid or doing stupid blunders at the end of their fights, so if Shikamaru were a bad guy, his IQ would drop dramatically.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 11:01   Link #7
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ein View Post
Just imagine if he were to be part of the Akatsuki. With his brains doing all the work to lead/guide/command his overpowered allies in battle, the Akatsuki would be undefeatable.

Do you think there's anyone in the Akatsuki right now that can match Shikamaru's brain?
I am sure there might be people in Akatsuki who can match or come close to Shika's brain power, i.e., Itachi and Akatsuki Leader, but neither may require that level of intelligence to survive or win their fights as much as Shika because of their overwhelming strengths and talents in the other areas.

Still, Shika has great brain power to eliminate the bird-brain powered strong ones, such as Hidan, possibly Kisame.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 11:23   Link #8
Chains of Heaven
Sasori's Puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hir0 View Post
lol at the moment we dont even know if hidan is dead/down
he's gonna die sooner or later..I think he already showed us his strongest attack --curse and immortality-- and im not believing something like --""shit! im in a bad shape! then ill show you this super powerful hidden attack that will consume my life!"" --

he'll never make it out alive from that scene anyway
still i hope they'll show us why he's immortal.But if he dies from shiki last attack (%89 gonna die..or asuma ghost scene will go waste) we'll never learn his immortality secret and theyll simply tie it to rituels of his clan
Chains of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 12:32   Link #9
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
I am sure there might be people in Akatsuki who can match or come close to Shika's brain power, i.e., Itachi and Akatsuki Leader, .
Come close maybe, but match I highly doubt that, I think Shika uniques ability is his Brain, just as Itachi Unique abilities are his MS jutsus. And As Shika needs to relly ,ore on his brain to have things done, this just help his brain gets more deeloped. Different form people like Hidan who just rellied on the fact that they couldnt be killed and hence the were no need for tactics.
Old 2007-01-23, 16:25   Link #10
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
That's what they claim but i really doubt that...Kakashi has proven in the past that he isnt soo smart (Kakashi Gaiden) and IQ of 200+ isnt something common...that's like finding €/$ 1.000.000 somewhere in a trashcan..

Same as for Kabuto....i doubt they can predict so far (Shika predicts beyond the Sharingan's limit )

It was Shikamaru who acted as the commander this time...and it works out well so far..
Kakashi isnt smart he is sly just like shika he has an uncanny ability of making his weakness his strengths . Shika smarter than Kakashi also Kakashi relies on his brains more than brawns during combat

Also as someone said comparing shika to Kabuto and Kakashi would be unfair as shika hasnt matured enough or lacks combat experience
Old 2007-01-23, 16:35   Link #11
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke_Akatsuki
I am glad that Shikamaru is a good guy? No not really.
Sasuke_Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 17:07   Link #12
Uchiha_Gaara
Ultimate sand beast

It's true that Shika still as a lot of time (we hope) to evolve and become stronger/smarter but comparing in this very moment I think that Kabuto probably is smarter and mby the Akatsuki leader...

Kabuto cause of is whiz during combat and the fact that he fooled Sasori and is probably fooling Oro and has he's own agenda...

AL cause it takes a lot a brains to run and maintain together a group of S-rank criminals that only think of their own agendas and kill anyone who disagreas with them !
Uchiha_Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 13:45   Link #13
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Gaara View Post
It's true that Shika still as a lot of time (we hope) to evolve and become stronger/smarter but comparing in this very moment I think that Kabuto probably is smarter and mby the Akatsuki leader...

Kabuto cause of is whiz during combat and the fact that he fooled Sasori and is probably fooling Oro and has he's own agenda...

AL cause it takes a lot a brains to run and maintain together a group of S-rank criminals that only think of their own agendas and kill anyone who disagreas with them !
But then Again, Those are a lot of Maybes, whereas Shikamaru already have shown that he is the smartest shown so far.

And as thing goes, I really doubt that there is going to be a character that can equal his Intelligence, for the simple reason, Kishimot creates plot so Shikamaru wins with his Intelligence, whereas for people like the AL or Kabuto, he will create plots so they can use their Ninja Abilities. the reader wont like to much if other characters are given a treatment of fight as Shikamaru have, it would only be repetetive.
Old 2007-01-24, 15:53   Link #14
aceofhertz

That'd be Great

If Shika was part of Akatsuki. At least then there'd be somebody formidable for Konoha to face. So far, besides Kakashi getting owned by Itachi, there hasn't been too many Akatsuki events where the opposing side was just decimated.

Oh well.
aceofhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 18:32   Link #15
Hokage Mech

of course im glad Shika is on the good side

Shika < almost anybody
Hokage Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 19:28   Link #16
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

* starts to wonder when "Are you glad the entire world isn't part of Akatusuki... w00t w00t..." thread will pop up *

@ ein
Let me think... It' takes Shika 2-3 chapters to kick 1-villains arse. (well partially kick his arse) And then we have Akatsuki, who's stupidest members are powanege-enabled enough to decimate elite viallages and fight over-powered BAKAmeno in less then 1 page.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
So who rulez who's arse? Shika, who needs to get his arse wooped before brain powa kicks in, or Akatsuki... C'mon guys they're not Teh Villains for nothin' nya~
Old 2007-01-25, 01:45   Link #17
ein
Copy Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
* starts to wonder when "Are you glad the entire world isn't part of Akatusuki... w00t w00t..." thread will pop up *

@ ein
Let me think... It' takes Shika 2-3 chapters to kick 1-villains arse. (well partially kick his arse) And then we have Akatsuki, who's stupidest members are powanege-enabled enough to decimate elite viallages and fight over-powered BAKAmeno in less then 1 page.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
So who rulez who's arse? Shika, who needs to get his arse wooped before brain powa kicks in, or Akatsuki... C'mon guys they're not Teh Villains for nothin' nya~
If you really wanted to measure and compare someone's effectiveness in combat against another, then use real time battle data (e.g., actual number of seconds/minutes battles took) than using chapters as measurements of how fast or how slow things occured.

Did you really think the number of pages correspond to the actual time it takes for the events being depicted to happen?

Oh, I could also use your argument in support of Shikamaru. The "stupidest Akatsuki" can "decimate elite villages and fight overpowered bijuu" in 1 page, yet they can't even kill a single chuunin for a span of what, 2-3 chapters? Geez. So if I were to summary it using your argument:

"elite villages" + "over-powered BAKAmeno" <<<<<<<< stupidest Akatsuki < Shikamaru
Old 2007-01-25, 05:02   Link #18
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ ein
Now I could have said akatusuki take a few minute to kill armies, Shika takes a few days to kill one guy. My point is this is most likely the first and last time the author will let Shika have the win. (it was village genius vs. village idiot anyway)

As for the battle time thing, sorry I don't play these silly games you play While in some cases it might prove constructive to theorize on certain possibilities based on past patterns for this situation, here it's not. Let's face it if we try hard enough we can make Shika the greatest ninja in Naruto.
Old 2007-01-25, 05:30   Link #19
ein
Copy Ninja

Quote:
As for the battle time thing, sorry I don't play these silly games you play
@Cats, seriously, this one's sillier:

Quote:
It' takes Shika 2-3 chapters to kick 1-villains arse. (well partially kick his arse) And then we have Akatsuki, who's stupidest members are powanege-enabled enough to decimate elite viallages and fight over-powered BAKAmeno in less then 1 page.
Old 2007-01-26, 04:58   Link #20
fullmetalMonkey
fma obessed monkey

if they had shika planing the raid on hidden leaf theyd benn screwed
fullmetalMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote