AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-02-23, 10:05   Link #2781
kakakka

Uhhmm... Yeah, I guess

EDIT: In the summary, it said that it was designed after teh ELS War, at the wake of casualties against the ELS. I say, too late!

http://z11.invisionfree.com/gundam00...119&st=0&#last
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless
Untranslated summary:
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/kouryakukan/e/a71e3f...3b6c5cac7754609

As posted here by Juno, it appears to primarily be about the GNX-805T/CF.

I believe the gist is that it was a post-ELS War modification, I believe due to the desire to increase the chance of pilot survival in the wake of so many casualties during the movie. The summary looks like it may mention some anti-Innovator sentiments as well.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 12:04   Link #2782
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I can see Ribbons sarcastically commenting on how slow humans are to design such things.
Old 2011-02-23, 19:05   Link #2783
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Talk about too little, too late.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 20:45   Link #2784
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
Innovades can interface more closely with machinery to the point of being able to upload/download data from their brains. This is why Ribbons and Tieria can transfer in and out of a body at will, assuming they have a body available. But it's because of this that their QBW isn't quite compatible or on the same level as an Innovator. At the same time though, Innovators cannot upload/download data from their brain, and require another Innovade to link with in order to help filter data as needed.

I don't know though, in the case of Tieria and Veda helping Setsuna out in the movie, it seems to me like just helping him out due to sheer volume of data he's receiving as opposed to something he cannot do naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
This core fighter system should have been in all GNXIV. Shame they couldn't fully implement it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I can see Ribbons sarcastically commenting on how slow humans are to design such things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Talk about too little, too late.
In Mission 12, it was mentioned that the GN-X IV already improved pilot survivval rates over the previous models and the ELS is out of this world; literally.

Also, the extra cost may be a factor. implementing something like that would have been complicated in a suit that already has the cockpit in the crotch and it may provide unecessary complication. Still, it may have been something done to boots morale due to the increased value of human life after the conflict, especially since many pilots died in that time. Usually reactions like those pop up in policies after an incident.

Also means more mods to the GN-X III frame upon upgrade, which adds to more complications and cost.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-02-23 at 21:07.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 21:23   Link #2785
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

"anti-Innovator sentiments"

I smell trouble.
Old 2011-02-23, 22:13   Link #2786
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Would be nice if we hear more of the Old Human Faction.
Old 2011-02-24, 08:27   Link #2787
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
GNX-805T/CF GN-XIV Core Fighter variant:

a homage to the Turn A Gundam's crotch-Core Fighter?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 08:44   Link #2788
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Better quality image:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 10:53   Link #2789
JC...
I am a Pie

This may be off topic, and I don't know much about it, but why did the pilot of the Union Blust/Blast kamikaze into Graham? Was it purely because he couldn't take losing and didn't like Graham? Suicide seems a bit extreme, were they fighting to the death?
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 11:36   Link #2790
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

He knew he didn't stand a chance winning againts the Flag since he realised thr Blast was vastly inferior. He desperately needed the money for his daughter, which he would have earned enough if he won the battle but since he realised that wasn't going to happen he wanted to get money off the insurance instead, which did happen. I can't remember why exactly.

He was quite fond of Graham actually, he wanted him to marry his daughter but Graham refused because he thinks he thinks himself too poor. The Blast pilot was Graham superior officer at that time.

The incident where Joshua accuses Graham of killing his superior officer to get s promotion is this one even though that is not the case.

I think I'm getting one or two things slightly wrong though, I'll recheck th source materials later.
Old 2011-02-24, 13:05   Link #2791
JC...
I am a Pie

Okay, thanks for clearing it up.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 15:43   Link #2792
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4817/monthlyv.png

Official site just updated with an image of this months senki chapter.
Old 2011-02-24, 22:02   Link #2793
coodie29

Send a message via Yahoo to coodie29
The core fighter is the same as that of Gundam arche... it just leave the GN drive...

what's the story in OON all about... is that an MS below Gadelaza???
coodie29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 22:10   Link #2794
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coodie29 View Post
The core fighter is the same as that of Gundam arche... it just leave the GN drive...

what's the story in OON all about... is that an MS below Gadelaza???
Design wise, it's very different though from the Arche one.

Here's a blurred picture of the ELS Gadelaza from 00N:

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/664/monthlyn.png
Old 2011-02-24, 23:28   Link #2795
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Here's a blurred picture of the ELS Gadelaza from 00N:

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/664/monthlyn.png

Old 2011-02-25, 01:56   Link #2796
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
From 00I 2314.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8749/gadn.jpg

Took Homeless links for this one. Not that we can tell the color difference with it in black and white and all. It's just a short appearance in a sidepanel.

It amazes me just how close resembles some ELS units are to GN Lances and GN Mega Launches with GN Vernier cones on their back...........>__>
Old 2011-02-25, 02:58   Link #2797
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
From 00I 2314.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8749/gadn.jpg

Took Homeless links for this one. Not that we can tell the color difference with it in black and white and all. It's just a short appearance in a sidepanel.

It amazes me just how close resembles some ELS units are to GN Lances and GN Mega Launches with GN Vernier cones on their back...........>__>
It's very suspicious isn't it?

It's why I'm on my knees begging for some info on why they all have different looks.
Old 2011-02-25, 03:07   Link #2798
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

In real life, it's likely due to Ebikawa and Yanase possibly getting a shot at some individual ELS unit (there a lot of different designs where one would have been chosen be standard to all ELS initially, but they decided to use ALL of them in the end) or whoever designed them just got inspired by some of their work, notable the respective specific GNMS equipment in question.

Still, sometimes you can't get the feeling out that there's no connection. In fact, it's too much of a coincidence actually since 00 is the type of series to let everything that is related even in aestatic to be actually related (especially since there's at least three very human GN-conventional shapes here), such as the interconnection between the GN machines with one another be another. The Ahead is occasionally related to the Tieren because they share some bulkiness and the same designer, but later actually revealed that there's a strong in series direct connection between the two as one example. The fact that the ELS are what we suspect to be GN Particle creatures (when it attacked 00 Raiser, one normal ELS unit was seen surrounded by a small amount of purple GN Particle as it made contact, only for a short moment though) due to the things we saw in flashback scenes of their beginnings seen in a Jovian-like planet no less and their extremely strong QBW network.

It is likely just a pure coincidence at this point, but it's hard to shake up that feeling especially given some of the GN connections the ELS appear to have.

====================

In regards to the previous posted image, I personally find it ironic that the former GN-X IIIs (now GN-X IVs) are fighting enemies that appear like the lances they once carried.

In any case, this is the first confirmation we have of an ELS Gadelaza in the main timeline. Prior to this, we only knew it appeared in 00A which depicts the movie a bit differently (with modifications on certain major areas, such as how Graham bit the dust) and such not compatible or canon with the main anime movie one.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-02-25 at 03:29.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 00:41   Link #2799
Blazer-X

Its been months since the release of the movie. So I was just wondering: Why hasn't there been many scans of the 00A manga adaptation of the movie? I could barely find any on the internet as of now and I really like to see some things such as ELS 00Q in higher quality scans.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 00:45   Link #2800
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't think any of the 00 mangas were ever scanned extensively.