AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-12-04, 08:44   Link #35141
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by malekith View Post
k cause having 4-5 seasons of an anime added to the todo list in december is a lot
way too many things to do this month
You don't have to watch it all at once, after all.

(Though I find I can go through an entire season in 4 days if I take it slow, 2 for seasons 4 and 5 each, since they have 1/2 the episodes the other 3 seasons did)

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 09:29   Link #35142
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by malekith View Post
k cause having 4-5 seasons of an anime added to the todo list in december is a lot
way too many things to do this month
Take your time enjoying the show. Don't rush it and finish it all in one go, you'll burn yourself out.
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 10:18   Link #35143
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
I have to agree with this. Every time I read these "after stories" I always ended up feeling that I missed something, as if I accidentally skipped a chapter only to find out that the chapter has yet to exist.
I have the easy answer for that actually. We never really meant anything after PotB to be an "after story", there is no real "main" arc to our timeline. I think, in fact, that if you look at the whole timeline in scope of what the HxV Files is trying to cover, the actual moment of them becoming a couple is one of the least important personal events. Sure, it was the spark that led to a whole mess of things later, but compared to the many trials down their road, it's just not something either of us want to focus on.
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 10:40   Link #35144
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
I have the easy answer for that actually. We never really meant anything after PotB to be an "after story", there is no real "main" arc to our timeline. I think, in fact, that if you look at the whole timeline in scope of what the HxV Files is trying to cover, the actual moment of them becoming a couple is one of the least important personal events. Sure, it was the spark that led to a whole mess of things later, but compared to the many trials down their road, it's just not something either of us want to focus on.
I understand that it's not uncommon for fics to have the story told after the confession/engagement/marriage, especially if it's between two characters where readers would automatically agree "yeah, that could work."

The problem is that, for me at least, HayatexVivio is not exactly the most plausible of pairings, and I still have trouble imagining just how the hell that happened - and until the convincing "how" finally gets written, I will most likely stay like that. The writers undoubtedly already know how, either in just broad strokes or maybe to the tiniest of details, but I as a reader simply don't.

The unfortunate end is that whenever I read these "after stories", I could never shake off the implausibility and can only react with "whatever works for the odd couple, I guess"
Old 2011-12-04, 12:54   Link #35145
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

Yagami Mid Four Dwell Takamachi Scrya Fatherhood Harlaown Dreams Dance Healing Twins Advice History Onwards Cycle Playdate Forging Meetings Search Valkyrie News

BTF Omakes:

Old Iron Omakes 1, 2, 3 Mr Snuggles Omake Oh Bandit Tree Old Iron Omakes 4, 5

Coda 1-5

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Peek - Coda 6:

Spoiler for Comments:

Old 2011-12-04, 13:34   Link #35146
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coin View Post
Sigan and DC are still alive! I can't wait for Dezo and Radiant to show up! Crazy Hayate was funny btw.
I'm still alive, just not around as much . I think you might have a long wait for Dezo and RB though.

Hehe, I'm glad you liked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
I understand that it's not uncommon for fics to have the story told after the confession/engagement/marriage, especially if it's between two characters where readers would automatically agree "yeah, that could work."

The problem is that, for me at least, HayatexVivio is not exactly the most plausible of pairings, and I still have trouble imagining just how the hell that happened - and until the convincing "how" finally gets written, I will most likely stay like that. The writers undoubtedly already know how, either in just broad strokes or maybe to the tiniest of details, but I as a reader simply don't.

The unfortunate end is that whenever I read these "after stories", I could never shake off the implausibility and can only react with "whatever works for the odd couple, I guess"
Ah, I think I see the issue people are talking about. It's the lack of progression of scenes that build to a persuasive "argument" for Hayate and Vivio being together, which would naturally come from reading stories in sequence about them together?

The unfortunate thing I see from that issue is, well...the only story I wrote to try and "convince" the readers about the plausibility of the pairing is "You Never Lose By Loving," the first story. In all the other stories, I try to sell the strength of the pairing within the story itself*, not to the reader. (There was a whole discussion about this point quite a few pages back, so I'm not going to go over it again. But basically, I don't think as a writer I can convince anyone of a pairing they don't like, and I won't even bother trying. People like what they like). Some of my good friends read everything I write yet I still can't convince them of Hayate/Vivio, which is perfectly fine by me ^^. I didn't start writing the Hayate x Vivio Files to convince people of the pairing, I did it to entertain myself and those who think it's a funny pairing.

*Although if the particular story is lacking on genuineness regarding the relationship, I'd love to hear that feedback, since that means the single story itself is poorly written and that's something I'd need to fix.

So I really don't think that people will get the "how did they fall in love/get into a relationship/start dating" story that will be satisfying to what they want to see . The "how" moments, in my opinion, are either expressed in "You Never Lose By Loving" or in bits and pieces through the other stories. In "YNLBL" for example, it's Vivio finding the courage to voice her feelings. In "PotB," it's about Hayate and Vivio understanding and accepting the idea of an unconventional relationship, and getting to the point where they can meet on common ground. In "TTWT," it's about Vivio accepting herself and getting a new perspective on her relationship with Hayate. All those elements could be combined into a single multi-chapter story, but then the pacing of it becomes like a conventional romance, and I admit that I'm delighted that this unconventional romance is written in an unconventional way .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 13:43   Link #35147
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That cat's going to become a running gag, isn't it, Nanya?
Old 2011-12-04, 15:07   Link #35148
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Peek's Mini-Arcs:

Yagami Mid Four Dwell Takamachi Scrya Fatherhood Harlaown Dreams Dance Healing Twins Advice History Onwards Cycle Playdate Forging Meetings Search Valkyrie News

BTF Omakes:

Coda 1-5

Spoiler for Comments:
Is Mr. Snuggles going to meet Crono's cat?

When you put "exploded" my first thought was more literal.

parent's -> parents' (both are alive, right?)

Now there's one more thing which Strikers will tie together: all from the Nanoha canon, Levi (meaning the Book of Darkness case), the knowledge of the other Chaos power user(Cinque), the half dragons, the valkyrie armor(was that its name?), and now Mr. Snuggles.

I'm wondering now how much will Lutecia interact with Mr. Snuggles.

I found curious that you decided to post Coda as one miniarc. The party and the Arisa's (and nor Sukuka's too) part could be separate miniarcs.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 15:36   Link #35149
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Peek's Mini-Arcs:

BTF Omakes:

Coda 1-5

Spoiler for Comments:
Me: Detonate a kitten?

Odin: From the looks of it that BANG! is a lousy way to say I'm bailing out or Coming thru.

Me: Looks like Sette will have a new pet and hopefully give her some resemblance of balance in her lifestyle.

Val: Yeah... She acts almost like a newly build 1st gen prototype reploid after X was discovered.

Reia: I wonder if Suzuka and Arisa will come with Nanoha after finding out the Mr. Snuggles got teleported instead getting turned into a bloody heap of flesh and blood?

Me: Who knows, Rei. Who knows.
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
Old 2011-12-04, 16:10   Link #35150
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
But basically, I don't think as a writer I can convince anyone of a pairing they don't like, and I won't even bother trying. People like what they like). Some of my good friends read everything I write yet I still can't convince them of Hayate/Vivio, which is perfectly fine by me ^^. I didn't start writing the Hayate x Vivio Files to convince people of the pairing, I did it to entertain myself and those who think it's a funny pairing.
I was actually hoping that TTWT would be compelling enough in its writing to draw in another few doubters but I guess I'll just have to do better in the next major story. of course, what DC said is true, if you want to be "proven" as to how this pairing could happen you're probably going to strike air with the both of us. We provide the possibility of this pairing in a story we're doing our best to tell, with as much inspiration as we can draw. I have confidence in myself as a storyteller, as a converter however, not so much.

*Where* is Dezo btw? I assume that RB is getting trounced by school, but I miss the small omake pieces the elder half of those two provide.
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files

Last edited by Shigan; 2011-12-04 at 16:21.
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 16:29   Link #35151
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's something you'd have to PM him about. I do know he dropped by to read dc's latest story, but that's about it.
Old 2011-12-04, 21:51   Link #35152
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

A couple of characters that you never expected are in this next part.

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

BTF Omakes:

Coda 1-5

Coda 6

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Peek - Coda 7:

Old 2011-12-04, 22:42   Link #35153
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

BTF Omakes:

Coda 1-5

Coda 6

Me: Combat Mage Maid... I like the sound of that.

Odin: Of course, if they misbehave... It's the whipper for them. *evil smirk*

Val: Damn! Isolation from everyone you know... I know that feeling but Grahms asking for it.
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

Old 2011-12-05, 07:02   Link #35154
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

BTF Omakes:

Coda 1-5

Coda 6

I don't think Black Lagoon was the only reason: Hayate just finished corrupting someone else.

While we are on this chapter's topic, another point still untuoched is Chrono relating on a somewhat regular basis with Reinforce, who is basically his father's killer.
Old 2011-12-05, 15:10   Link #35155
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

By this point, I'm pretty sure that Chrono forgives Reinforce, he knows that she didn't have control over herself at that time.

Besides, if he's willing to forgive Fate, Precia, the Wolkenritter, Graham and the twins, why wouldn't he forgive Reinforce after all this time?

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

BTF Omakes:

Coda 1-5

Coda 6

Coda 7

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Peek - Coda 8:

Old 2011-12-05, 18:52   Link #35156
SilentOutlaw
Shhh.....

Was that the first time Teana appeared in BTF? I feel like she appeared before but I can't remember...
SilentOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 19:04   Link #35157
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
By this point, I'm pretty sure that Chrono forgives Reinforce, he knows that she didn't have control over herself at that time.

Besides, if he's willing to forgive Fate, Precia, the Wolkenritter, Graham and the twins, why wouldn't he forgive Reinforce after all this time?

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

BTF Omakes:

Coda 1-5

Coda 6

Coda 7

This chapter has the potential for a lot of repercussions, both for how really Tilda died and the possibility of the numbers being discovered (depending on how hard is supposed to hack devices)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOutlaw View Post
Was that the first time Teana appeared in BTF? I feel like she appeared before but I can't remember...
Not much earlier, when Sein was sent to have training at the TSAB (Valkyrie-End)

Last edited by Filraen; 2011-12-05 at 20:00.
Old 2011-12-05, 19:17   Link #35158
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

BTF Omakes:

Coda 1-5

Coda 6

Coda 7

Me: And who said that Subaru is now straighter than the rainbows?

Odin: She eat as much as I can after a long day of beatdown.

Val: Looks like there's more conspiracy going one around there.
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

Old 2011-12-06, 11:47   Link #35159
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

BTF Omakes:

Coda 1-5

Coda 6

Coda 7

Coda 8

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Peek - Coda 9:

Old 2011-12-06, 14:50   Link #35160
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Someone should probably get Teana to see a doctor and find out if she's emitting cyborg pheromones.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha