AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-01-06, 22:22   Link #5341
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
making a lot of filler is a serious mistake, or else it might end up like Bleach with just fillers running and visiting the main story once a while, lowering the quality is also killing the momentum of the series,
but then again Fairy Tail's fillers are as good as the main story and there has been only one of it, so there is room for fillers in the series but they should'nt mess up with the main story and can't be sure than if it goes on a break it will come back
The problem Bleach had was that the manga itself moved at excruciatingly slow pace. Worse, the chapters themselves moved at a slow pace, leaving the anime crew little leeway to insert filler in a more natural flow. As well as needing full arcs of it more frequently than other series.

Fairy Tail on the other hand is much quicker paced. This current arc is shaping up to be the longest yet, and it's covered several days of events. Plenty of opportunity to pad things out as needed to slow the catch up rate, without the sort of "meanwhile in a parallel universe, a story with decent pacing was occurring" that plagued Bleach's anime.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 05:06   Link #5342
ImperialFlameGod8190

Bleach's manga was painfully slow I agree but what killed Bleach was the fact that they spent practically the entire show with Aizen as the main villain and the MC basically used one attack the entire time
if there is a complaint about FT its the predictability and as many have called it Nakama power up when they should just lose
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 12:26   Link #5343
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Bleach's manga was painfully slow I agree but what killed Bleach was the fact that they spent practically the entire show with Aizen as the main villain and the MC basically used one attack the entire time
if there is a complaint about FT its the predictability and as many have called it Nakama power up when they should just lose

but i dont see this a problem since this is the "main plot" this was rought stated by mashima who the focus of the manga is friendship, family and bounds, how that things can make u strong.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 12:35   Link #5344
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
but i dont see this a problem since this is the "main plot" this was rought stated by mashima who the focus of the manga is friendship, family and bounds, how that things can make u strong.
I don't have a problem with it either personally im saying it was the main thing most people didn't like I don't really care how they win or lose that much
Old 2013-01-07, 13:05   Link #5345
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I don't have a problem with it either personally im saying it was the main thing most people didn't like I don't really care how they win or lose that much
that is a thing who bug me when i go to sites like mangafox and go to ft forum and see posts like:

i hate plotsu(natsu bad nick)
i hate nakama
i hate lucy
i hate ft aways win
i hate too much fun service
i hate erza

what gona remain??? they are hating almost everthing, do why they keep reading??? for sake of hate? masochism? or jut is fun complain?
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 14:55   Link #5346
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
There are people who feel threatened by something, and thus try to start negative word of mouth. Maybe they like One Piece and feel threatened that FT is getting more popular. Thing is, that dislike becomes linked to their subconscious well-being; it becomes an emotional need. There is nothing you can do, just ignore 'em.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 16:28   Link #5347
ImperialFlameGod8190

yea but forums make it extremely difficult to ignore those who are ignorant
Old 2013-01-07, 18:00   Link #5348
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Fairy Tail is pretty popular, they have recently appear at my local library (manga).
Old 2013-01-08, 01:05   Link #5349
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
that is a thing who bug me when i go to sites like mangafox and go to ft forum and see posts like:

i hate too much fun service
Well, this one makes sense in the context of the last episode, because it went too far and seemed like a disservice to Mashima's characters.

As far as fillers go, Fairy Tail embraces comedy in a way that's similar to One Piece (I'd argue FT's comedy is more balanced too, since the girls have fairly progressive roles in the jokes). Mixing comedy and action in a filler arc, as they did with the last one, would be a fine way to give the manga some space.
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 15:56   Link #5350
Aquaman OS

Nakama power is hardly overused in Fairy Tail.

If anything most wins are done by a clear method, such as either Natsu getting something to power up with, or the creation of a new technique, or Lucy getting a new spirit, or something that at least makes sense.

Natsu being able to recover by eating Fire/Etherion/Flame of Rebuke/God Slayer magic/Thunder magic might seem cheap and DEMish, but its not like Bleach or Naruto or even One Piece sometimes where the hero just thinks of his friends and all of a sudden just magically gets stronger, to the point where stuff that didn't work 5 minutes ago, is now working.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 21:19   Link #5351
ImperialFlameGod8190

^ I agree since Bleach and naruto were awful with the nutty wins
Old 2013-01-08, 21:22   Link #5352
kitten320

Didn't D.Gray Man stop because author was taking long breaks?

To be honest I liked fillers in Bleach far more than actual story, especially in later half =/

Fairy Tail barely ever had any filler arcs and last one was pretty good so I wouldn't mind few more.

Aquaman OS
Fairy Tail loves nakama power too, makes me twitch every time I remember Erza VS Azuma -_-
Old 2013-01-08, 21:33   Link #5353
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
makes me twitch every time I remember Erza VS Azuma -_-
That was all Erza power

She just like to make a speech including her friends, but its all her!
Old 2013-01-09, 00:21   Link #5354
Aquaman OS

That was pretty much the only time. And even then it made sense according to the story because Erza was fighting a guy who had taken all of Fairy Tail's magic and was only letting Erza have it, so her tapping into everyone else's wasn't that far out there.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 23:30   Link #5355
ImperialFlameGod8190

Spoiler for 164 Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-11, 23:32   Link #5356
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Is there a new OP/ED for episode 164?
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 00:26   Link #5357
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Sadly no. The episode was good... The preview is where the cake is at tho. Can't wait for next week's episode!!
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 00:40   Link #5358
MechR

From last week's preview, I was worried the anime would make Kagura work harder for her win than in the manga (which would've been extra-awkward considering this week's chapter), but it turned out okay. If anything, they went and made her stronger by letting her cast gravity magic on her enemies as well as herself. (This could turn into a different problem if she wasn't supposed to have Bluenote's power, and can't be shown using it again...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
Is there a new OP/ED for episode 164?
Nope.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 03:51   Link #5359
Bombo
TSF Fans

Omg the scene for fairy tail "Wild four & Man Four " so cute
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 04:11   Link #5360
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

it was a good episode. I like the Baccus filler part added in. The only gripe I have is they didn't even animate kagura hitting yukino. It was just *THAP* *pan to sky* *pan to her on the ground*. I mean
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen