AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-26, 06:47   Link #881
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Dude, I'm already buying 12 LN books worth for my next shipment...and Gran Crest is like the icing on the whole thing. OTL
Old 2013-07-26, 06:51   Link #882
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Dude, I'm already buying 12 LN books worth for my next shipment...and Gran Crest is like the icing on the whole thing. OTL
Lol. You are going to be spending every money you have on LNs
Damn, Im broke so I need to somehow make money soon.....
Old 2013-07-26, 07:14   Link #883
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Might as well take advantage of that cheap yen!
Old 2013-07-26, 07:49   Link #884
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Man, I wish I could read japanese, then I would have a collections as well.

To bad I choose italian over japanese to study during highschool and the wrost thing is, I still didn't learnt anything.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 08:10   Link #885
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Man, I wish I could read japanese, then I would have a collections as well.

To bad I choose italian over japanese to study during highschool and the wrost thing is, I still didn't learnt anything.
Yeah, it's the worst Thing. I think I can understand, since I also choose german over japanese.
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 10:20   Link #886
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

@ setsuna86, but ain't you a translator on BT?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2013-07-26, 10:32   Link #887
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
@ setsuna86, but ain't you a translator on BT?
I'm a translator, but that don't mean I know japanese well, I only learn that for LN translations.
Old 2013-07-26, 11:25   Link #888
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Well, you are still way head of me who can't read at all but surprisingly could understand a bit which I learnt for watching all those anime.

Old 2013-07-26, 12:18   Link #889
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

14 books, damn. Praying that the Yen doesn't skyrocket in the time it takes for my last preordered LN's release and for the shipment to get sent out.

Decided to also grab Rokka no Yuusha as part of it. Here's to looking forward to awesome readings some time soon, I can't wait!
Old 2013-07-26, 12:29   Link #890
apr
Pedestrian

This morning I finished reading Saitou Alice wa Yuugai Desu by Chuui. Among all the duds I hit every year, this is certainly one of the worst.

The plot is incredibly familiar: high school girl Alice is a walking vortex of misfortune, and all of society shuns her, except for our protagonist, high school boy Hideaki, who decides to "study" her and discovers she's just a retarded kitten girl who wants friends more than anything in the world. And then there's the busty blonde American teacher who is really a member of the powerful secret organization The Laboratory that operates out of America and has coerced the Japanese government into letting them research Alice.

Uh. So far so good, I guess? If your eyes haven't glazed over yet, you probably don't watch enough anime. The writing is equally horrible, because the author seems to have a thesaurus fetish, where every line is a tedious display of Look How Clever I Am. The experience of reading the book doesn't exactly improve when I have to grab the dictionary every other line.

All in all, it's tremendously bad. Towards the end, I got the impression I was supposed to be feeling some kind of empathy for the girl who decides to be hit by a cruise missile as a means of dutiful suicide, but it's all so ridiculously predictable that the only response it elicits is a pitiful giggle at the ever-rising levels of terrible.
Old 2013-07-27, 06:47   Link #891
Shinon

Maou No Omori o oosetsukarimashita Hi Ro Bunko any1 one know what is this ln about any synopsis or info? thx
Old 2013-07-27, 07:38   Link #892
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Try Time Leap? It's great and easy to read.
Thanks, what's the original name for this one? Is that a novel version of the movie toki wo kakeru shoujo?

Quote:
Quote:
Might as well take advantage of that cheap yen!
That's the spirit! I ended up buying a lot of series in May as I couldn't decide which one to buy. In the end I took all of them because of the very favorable yen/euro ratio .
Old 2013-07-27, 08:52   Link #893
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
That's the spirit! I ended up buying a lot of series in May as I couldn't decide which one to buy. In the end I took all of them because of the very favorable yen/euro ratio .
Agreed! Unfortunately, I had to cancel it, dropping four volumes of 剣刻の銀乙女 along the way. I think I have enough titles on my plate...for now. Though, I am still morbidly curious about it, and might pick it up sometime in the future.

I hope Grancrest and Rokka no Yuusha doesn't wring my savings dry.
Old 2013-07-27, 09:46   Link #894
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Thanks, what's the original name for this one? Is that a novel version of the movie toki wo kakeru shoujo?
It's タイム・リープ, so Time Leap as I said.

Unfortunately, now that I look it up on Amazon (and Honto), it seems like it's going out of print or something. I can only find the kindle version for the first volume (of two). Hopefully it'll show up on paper again.

It's not the same as Tokikake, this is a completely different author and was written much later. It, too, was made into a movie, though.
Old 2013-07-28, 11:28   Link #895
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Some reviews for Maisaka Kou's 夜姫と亡国の六姫士 just came in. Comes recommended if you're a fan of his senki stuff, and it even lives up to the High Fantasy genre. Tons and tons of characters right off the bat, though, and it seems that pacing can come across as weird regarding these character introductions.
Old 2013-07-29, 20:54   Link #896
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Some reviews for Maisaka Kou's 夜姫と亡国の六姫士 just came in. Comes recommended if you're a fan of his senki stuff, and it even lives up to the High Fantasy genre. Tons and tons of characters right off the bat, though, and it seems that pacing can come across as weird regarding these character introductions.
.......Same genre as Gabriela Senki ? Ohhhh..... Wonder why this author like writing all girls type novel this much... The only male protagonist novel he had written is Ochieta Ryou Naga in MF Bunko men.

Last edited by DoomCalibur; 2013-07-30 at 00:52.
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 08:36   Link #897
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

is there a light novel thread for dogs and scissors, I can't seem to find one
Old 2013-07-31, 08:47   Link #898
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
is there a light novel thread for dogs and scissors, I can't seem to find one
I don't think there's one.
Old 2013-07-31, 15:31   Link #899
apr
Pedestrian

Finished Golden Time vol 4 by Takemiya Yuyuko. Massive leap up in quality after that horrible book last week. Still the same story about the university student with amnesia stuck in intersecting love triangles, but it's written so vividly that it's more enjoyable than it sounds. Four volumes in now, and it continues to be good, but very much leaning toward gloom and depression, so it's a bit exhausting.

With the anime adaptation scheduled for this fall, I'm feeling stressed to catch up. 6 novels out so far, and I'd imagine there'll be a 7th out for the anime premiere. Wonder if she'll wrap up the novel series along with the anime, like she did for Toradora.
Old 2013-08-03, 06:23   Link #900
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

What happens when you mix absurd comedy, harem, tokusatsu and Lovecraft elements with each other? You get Nyaruko! But what if you take out the tokusatsu and Lovecraft and replace them with otaku and chuuni shounen elements? Then you get あるいは現在進行形の黒歴史, a light novel series by あわむら赤光.

Spoiler:

As an absurd comedy, it doesn’t even feign to put up some degree of realism behind its fantastical elements. What you read from the first volume is essentially what you get further down the line down to even volume 10. Those looking for a serious read are better off looking somewhere else; but for those who want something just as goofy, childish and crazy as Nyaruko, they might find this series just as entertaining. It’s akin to a rollercoaster ride with no semblance of seriousness or dramatic brevity save for some moments, but it’s still a fun ride to be had.

Tags
light novels