AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-22, 12:56   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 707 [manga] (NOTE: NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Super-early spoilers are here due to the Golden Week holiday! Right now there's just a very brief summary (credit goes to nja and the folks at AP for providing it), but I suppose Aohige or someone else will post a more detailed one when available:

-Chapter title is "B-block". No ministory this week, just a color page instead.

-As expected, the B-block's battle is a scene of total pandemonium. However, during the chaos, one of "Lucy's" fellow C-block opponents has already realized his true identity, to the surprise of the nearby Cavendish. The person in question is Don Chinjao, the patriarch of the Chinjao family! He tells Luffy that he knew Garp, who nearly killed him in battle long ago. However, the old rivalry will now be settled in their grandson's generation.....

Eh, not much. But at least being introduced to another of Garp's old rivals is interesting enough, IMO. Otherwise, I guess most of the chapter's content is focused on the B-block's fight. If so, I hope we get to see how much Bellamy has improved, as well as a glimpse of Bartolomeo's abilities.....

NOTE: WSJ IS ON BREAK NEXT WEEK, SO THERE WILL BE NO CHAPTER RELEASED AT THAT TIME. EXPECT THE NEXT CHAPTER TO BE RELEASED AROUND 5/8/13.

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-04-23 at 13:25.
Old 2013-04-22, 13:42   Link #2
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Ohh. This sounds interesting! Well, it shouldn't be a surprise Garp has old rivals, especially in the new world.

On a side note, I really like how Luffy looks with that fake beard and warrior getup, makes me wish he really grows one.
Old 2013-04-22, 13:43   Link #3
james0246

I knew Don Chin Jao was going to be cool. He'll still get beat like the octogenarian that he is, but he'll at least get a semi-memorable beating since he is less nondescript than the others in C-Block...
Old 2013-04-22, 16:15   Link #4
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
one of "Lucy's" fellow C-block opponents has already realized his true identity, to the surprise of the nearby Cavendish. The person in question is Don Chinjao, the patriarch of the Chinjao family! He tells Luffy that he knew Garp, who nearly killed him in battle long ago. However, the old rivalry will now be settled in their grandson's generation.....
Chinjao must have sensed Luffy's "aura", because there's no way he could even find a resemblance with Luffy in disguise. Looks like observation haki at work again. In any case, Don Chinjao has piqued my interest in the Chinjao family.
Old 2013-04-22, 16:17   Link #5
marvelB

BTW, now that we know a bit more about Chinjao, I'm now hoping that he'll take on Lao G, whether or not he advances in the prelims. After all, I'm always up for seeing old kung-fu masters kicking some ass (especially each other's)!
Old 2013-04-22, 17:06   Link #6
shalala

So does that mean Cavendish also knows luffy true identity?
Old 2013-04-22, 17:32   Link #7
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
So does that mean Cavendish also knows luffy true identity?
No, Cavendish just shows his surprise wondering how can a fighter of great renown like Don Chinjao know someone who's participating in this tournament for the first time. Logical, since Chinjao probably is already at his 80's and had been involved in numerous fights in the past, one with none other than Luffy's grandpa, Garp.
Old 2013-04-22, 18:34   Link #8
Drriton
Naruto D. Uchia

it seems that Garp was like Luffy beating everyone but not killing . Even Roger said that they nearly killed each other countless times . I dont think Don Chinjao holds a grudge against Garp like Crocodile or Bellamy .It looks like Luffy is going to make some new friends here that could help him dont forget after the tournament there is an Admiral, CP0 ,Donflamingo and 3 battelships coming what they needing now is powerfull allies .
And Baltromeo is my favorite to win this round and Bellamy after his lose going to tell Donflamingo that he saw Luffy and why not asking for another chance that wouldn't be unusual for him.
Old 2013-04-23, 01:57   Link #9
marvelB

Well, Aohige posted a more detailed spoiler summary, but I find it unnecessary to edit the first post since that most likely means the translated chapters will be out soon, anyway. However, some really interesting tidbits from the chapter include:

Spoiler:
Old 2013-04-23, 02:15   Link #10
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Just to let you guys know, Nja's spoiler only covered the very last page of the chapter.
14 pages of B-Block rumble, 1 page of Don Chinjao.

Also about Ricky.... He is a formidable gladiator, and apparently an "Ex" Gladiator, but none of the other Gladiators remember him.
They wonder who he is, fighting not in the traditional Gladiator fashion of a sword and shield, but rather, with a single sword like the Wano Samurai.

An old man in the spectators comment that he's seen Ricky's fighting style before, but for the life of him, he cannot remember where or the name of the fighter.

Yeah.

A FORMER Gladiator who fight formidably in a style people have seen but cannot remember.
This hint is just as big as Fujitora's hint when he appeared. LOL.

EDIT: Hey marvel, remind everyone about the WSJ break next week in the first post.
Old 2013-04-23, 05:55   Link #11
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Heh, Luffy tried to convince Cavendish to forgive "the worst generation" again but no go. Which makes it quite interesting that Cavendish knows who he really is now. I wonder if he'll attack him and risk disqualification (not to mention getting squashed).

This battle royal is pretty interesting, lots of powerful characters present (without one as overwhelming as Burgess).

By the way, was there no cover story this week? Or was it omitted in the release?

Something else I found interesting is what the Dressrosa captain said to Bellamy, it sounded like something Bellamy himself would have said in the past (chasing dreams is for idiots, go for treasure and wealth).
Old 2013-04-23, 06:06   Link #12
mrShady

LOL at that last page, comedic gold like always.

Pretty uneventful chapter though, we get some build up of all the different characters, but I find it hard to care about any of them besides the hero of the Colosseum Kyros.. uhm I mean ex gladiator Ricky. He might even be Rebecca's father just to tie things up completely. It's also hard to judge how strong the lot of them are, most just seem to have big ego's.

Last edited by mrShady; 2013-04-23 at 06:08. Reason: forgot something
Old 2013-04-23, 06:11   Link #13
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Burgess vs Legendary Kyrios Ex Gladiator Ricky vs Luffy vs Rebecca
Old 2013-04-23, 06:52   Link #14
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Just a quick rundown of the fighters that were present in this chapter...

Fighting King Elizabello II - His trump card doesn't seem impressive at all. Plenty of foes that can deal with that hit. I guess he'll be forced to use it at some point.

Bellamy - He again shows that he has matured in the past few years. It's no longer just about gold and treasure for him. Shame we didn't see much of his abilities yet, he must have improved quite a bit.

Abdullah & Jeet - Don't really care for them, counting on them to be taken out once most of the smallfry is out of the picture.

"Hack" the fishman - This one I find quite interesting actually, especially since he's a friend of Jinbe. I wonder if he knows what happened on fishman island recently, and Luffy's part in it.

Blue Gilly - Weird fighting technique using his long legs. He doesn't seem too interesting at this point.

Ricky - Oh hai Kyros! Couldn't get much more obvious than that. Guess he wasn't killed or anything, perhaps he was exiled? Still wonder if he has any relation to Rebecca.

Bartolomeo - So far I'm loving this guy, even if he may be a cruel individual I like his style. Sitting around while the field whittles itself down is a smart move, and gives him a chance to study his opponents. It seems to match his personality too.

I guess most of these will hold out till the end to settle it amongst themselves, but it's hard to tell who will come out on top for now.

As for Don Chinjoa, is the translation correct that he extends his grudge towards Garp to his grandchildren (ie. Luffy)? If so, my esteem of him has dropped and I hope Luffy smashes him to a pulp.
Old 2013-04-23, 07:00   Link #15
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Wouldn't Kyros himself look older? Ricky could be his son or apprentice... but then again why is he a "former" gladiator?
Old 2013-04-23, 07:29   Link #16
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

lol! now so many of contestants found out about Lucy's true identity...

Cavendish's eyes are full of sparkle...
Old 2013-04-23, 07:49   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Plenty of interesting characters in the B-block. It's too bad only one of them can advance in the tournament. Kyros Ricky seems like a pretty strong contender. It'll be either him or Bartolomeo, I think.

I like how Cavendish sparkles even when he's shocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, Aohige posted a more detailed spoiler summary, but I find it unnecessary to edit the first post since that most likely means the translated chapters will be out soon, anyway. However, some really interesting tidbits from the chapter include:

Spoiler:
I didn't see this mentioned in the chapter. Bad translation (again)?

This punch doesn't seem to be all that impressive to be honest. I bet one of the fighters here will block it with one hand or outright tank it.
Old 2013-04-23, 08:29   Link #18
danielevo

i think kyros is joy boy
Old 2013-04-23, 10:30   Link #19
ronin myael
lost ronin

so lucy's cover is blown eh? not a very impressive chapter but there are still some pretty interesting bits about the competition.
Old 2013-04-23, 10:46   Link #20
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

does anyone else find it weird the old man specifically said he waited until the "grandchildren's generation"? Why not "son" (which would mean Dragon)?

does this mean the old guy will fight luffy or his grandkids will?