Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-05, 18:26   Link #461
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

My vote : Kotomi Ichinose (CLANNAD )
My vote : Saki Kijima (Hayate the Combat Butler)
My vote : Nene Kasugano (Potemayo)
My vote : Honami Takase Ambler (Rental Magica )

All three bolded are VERY high in my moe metre, and as such I'm expecting much zetsubou tomorrrow as their chances don't seem to be all that high considering their relative lackluster strength in the first strength.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-08-05, 19:31   Link #462
wontaek

Still at work, so can't update the official results right now, but I have a interesting tidbit for you all. Since there will be a Dragonball movie coming out soon, and I mean the animated version, not the Hollywood version, all the Dragonball male characters will be available for Male division of Best Moe Tournament, either in 2009 or 2010. Would existence of Dragonball characters has effect on international participation of Best Moe Tournament Male division?
Old 2008-08-05, 20:00   Link #463
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Here are my votes for Groups 33-36:

33: Kotomi
34: Ikuno
35: Nene
36: Kugan

Old 2008-08-06, 00:52   Link #464
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Still at work, so can't update the official results right now, but I have a interesting tidbit for you all. Since there will be a Dragonball movie coming out soon, and I mean the animated version, not the Hollywood version, all the Dragonball male characters will be available for Male division of Best Moe Tournament, either in 2009 or 2010. Would existence of Dragonball characters has effect on international participation of Best Moe Tournament Male division?
Sorry to rain on your topic-starting parade, but most of us are usually interested in female competitions. Best I can do for you is to start a topic on how a weaker field this year can parlay into a Hinagiku-Shana finale rematch.
Old 2008-08-06, 01:28   Link #465
kyon91
Starcraft 2 player

Send a message via Yahoo to kyon91
*Waiting for results*
Old 2008-08-06, 01:28   Link #466
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Would existence of Dragonball characters has effect on international participation of Best Moe Tournament Male division?
Depends. What is is about? Is the competion about cute males (moe), or is it more about "manliness" like SaiGAR attempts to be?
Old 2008-08-06, 04:36   Link #467
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Someone give me some help to decide in group 36. I dont know the ToHeart and the Sumomomo character, but I doubt that they will pose a threat to Rika getting first. The question is, who will come in second?

I wonder if Honami or Kou have a realistic chance. At the moments my bets are on Kou since she is fairly actual but to be honest I would prefer to vote Honami :3 However if things are getting close I feel its better to support the character with more chances to ensure his advancement.

Maybe I am just thinking to much.
Old 2008-08-06, 05:28   Link #468
wontaek

Finally, I have some free time at home. Here is full detail of yesterday's result.

Spoiler for details:
Old 2008-08-06, 05:46   Link #469
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Someone give me some help to decide in group 36. I dont know the ToHeart and the Sumomomo character, but I doubt that they will pose a threat to Rika getting first. The question is, who will come in second?

I wonder if Honami or Kou have a realistic chance. At the moments my bets are on Kou since she is fairly actual but to be honest I would prefer to vote Honami :3 However if things are getting close I feel its better to support the character with more chances to ensure his advancement.

Maybe I am just thinking to much.
The Sumomomo character you need not worry, but Lucy is an immensely popular character in Korea and some Toheart fans in English Blogging world, with the somewhat famous meme of 'Ruu'. Rika still will likely take #1 spot because Higurashi series has good support from both Korean Females and males, but Bleach character will absorb comparable amount of female support as well. There seems to be more moe comments for Lucy, but I know Kou has large number of male fans, so this group really is up for grabs. Other then Sumomomo character, I see a chance for everyone else, but if I have to place a bet, it would be Lucy from To Heart as that game is very well known in Korea.

Spoiler for Group 33 - 36 details:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Depends. What is is about? Is the competion about cute males (moe), or is it more about "manliness" like SaiGAR attempts to be?
The answer is whatever that strikes your fancy.
Old 2008-08-06, 06:27   Link #470
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Previous champions are Kyon (from Haruhi) and Lelouch (Code Geass), right?

I'd say it's cool factor and sufficient series mojo. As arbitrary as female moe is, it still seems more consistent than the male version.

Or, as wontaek said, "whatever that strikes your fancy."
Old 2008-08-06, 09:17   Link #471
anselfir
Style Über Alles

results 29-32
Spoiler:

33-36
Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-06, 09:39   Link #472
wontaek

update of today's result

Spoiler for results of group 33 - 36:

Comments:

Group 33: Despite avid support from female side, I-pin failed to take the #1 spot. Haruna could not muster enough support to even have a chance

Group 34: This group lacked the female favorite series, but it was nice that top two had about equal amount of female supporters. The question will be the nature of Kana support; more of because it's fun, or because I really like her?

Group 35: It needs to be noted that, other than the international group, Haibara Ai was #1 or close #2 in all categories.

Group 36: Rika has one of the best all around support in the 2nd round. She may have established herself as one of contenders for the crown.
Old 2008-08-06, 09:48   Link #473
wontaek

Today's match

Spoiler for group 37 - 40:

Tomorrow is another of my busy work day so I need someone to update for me tomorrow morning.

Group 37: This is a group consisting mainly of antagonists for the main heroine of the series. The winner may not be who is liked the most, but who is hated least. Detective Conan series has shown to have balanced support from male and female side, so I expect strong performance from them here, but really don't know who will be the top two

Group 38: Couple of girls with Nether world connections and Gintama. Gintama will likely advance as it will get concentrated support from female side, but I have no idea how the male vote will be split. There is chance for Naruto to advance as well.

Group 39: 3 peace loving series against 3 series that has much fighting in it. The result from this group may tell more about ourselves than we may like to know.

Group 40: Anya will likely grab one of the advancing spot. I have no idea about the other, but it might be fight between Voice Actress fans and very long running series.

Last edited by wontaek; 2008-08-06 at 10:02.
Old 2008-08-06, 09:57   Link #474
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Group 39 / 2008-08-07 00:00:00 ~ 2008-08-07 23:30:00 / Top 2 winners will proceed
Manami Kuroha
Rental Magica

Yuno
Hidamari Sketch

Belldandy
Ah! My Goddess: Tatakau Tsubasa

Miki
Shugo Chara!

Rena Ryuugu
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni kai

Akari Mizunashi
ARIA THE ORIGINATION
Are you serious?
I'm already in despair.
Old 2008-08-06, 10:03   Link #475
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
god WHAT. Yuno, Kuroha, Akari, Rena...

life = over
Old 2008-08-06, 10:04   Link #476
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Are you serious?
I'm already in despair.
That is why I think the result from this group may shed light into our souls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishi View Post
god WHAT. Yuno, Kuroha, Akari, Rena...

life = over
  • Introit:
Requiem æternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis. Te decet hymnus Deus, in Sion, et tibi reddetur votum in Ierusalem. Exaudi orationem meam; ad te omnis caro veniet. Requiem æternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis.

(“Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. A hymn becomes you, O God, in Zion, and to you shall a vow be repaid in Jerusalem. Hear my prayer; to you shall all flesh come. Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them.”)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Requiem
Old 2008-08-06, 10:20   Link #477
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Had to do this on Excel 2003...

Current seedings as of Round 2, Group 36. Note that C.C., Anya Earlstreim, and Miku Hatsune have yet to take their stab at it, so expect these seedings to be shifted a bit.

Old 2008-08-06, 10:29   Link #478
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Groups 37-40:

37: Pass
38: Lala
39: Belldandy
40: Anya

Old 2008-08-06, 10:29   Link #479
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

You guys think you got it hard? Here I thought group 38 was tough with Chika VS Reika, but then group 40 comes along with 4 osana-najimi characters, 1 that still ranks very high in my moe metre, AND the voice actress of the God Empress. Yes, that's ALL the characters in the group. >_>

In the end, I chose Reika over Chika, as Reika does have much more moe moments, even though Chika does hit a rare moe element in me (anti-yaoi basically).

As for group 40, it's easy to eliminate the 2 non-childhood friend characters. Then, Anya is easily offed since it's almost a given she will top this group. So that leaves me with three choices, of which one isn't my favourite in the series, while the other is very weak in overall strength. So Ran Mori it is.

My vote : Sekai Saionji (School Days)
My vote : Reika Hojo (Gosyusho Sama Ninomiya Kun )
My vote : Rena Ryuugu (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni kai)
My vote : Ran Mouri (Detective Conan)

As for yesterday's results, nice to see Kotomi winning her group, but Honami and Nene doing so badly has left me in despair. Oh well, at least Kana is almost to the level of Saki for me, so I'm good there.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-08-06, 10:30   Link #480
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Big cheers for group 35 results, and an overall 14-16 record after going 3-0 today .

Votes today:
Group 37: Ayumu Nishizawa (Hayate the Combat Butler) - I'd call this the group of "almost stars". Very diverse, no sweepers but still strong candidates. Hamster was the only important Hayate girl I liked based on the anime version only (most of my Hayate votes are manga votes), so she gets my vote, but support also goes to Mana.

Group 38: Not really sure if I want to vote for Chika... I foresee Lala dominating.

Group 39: Rena Ryuugu (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni kai) - one of my top 4, making this an easy enough vote. Still, Yuno and Akari also being in this group makes it the group of death today. Bloody repechage, anyone?

Group 40: Shiika Anmoto (Mushiuta) - a weaker group of secondary characters. Anya will likely secure top spot despite not having her issues resolved on-screen yet. People over at the JSaimoe thread convinced me to watch Mushiuta, and a Kana Hanazawa-voiced, snow-themed lead role is rather attractive to me, so she gets the vote (though Asami is easily the most moe Mushiuta character).
Closed Thread

Tags
k-moe, saimoe