AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-16, 11:54   Link #321
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I passed by the wikia and read the article on Yukikaze :

Quote:
The Yukikaze was an Earthling torpedo assault ship.

HANDS-ON INSPECTION FOR TORPEDOES!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 13:12   Link #322
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

This one and the nurse seem to be the popular ones right now (well and Yuki, but Yuki's been there for decades)

Niimi Kaoru
Old 2012-04-16, 14:25   Link #323
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post

I got lucky and found a "used" copy at a Traders. In addition to the bluray and special sleeve, included is a copy of the storyboard for the op and one for the first ep.
Congrats! For those fans ordering the BD, the standard release version does not come with the storyboard book for the first episode. The sticker is only given out at theaters (there will be seven in all, one for each film, and once you collect 'em all, you will be presented with an album to display them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by denshousha View Post
Well, if they say "Next Week's Episode" on them, that does change my opinion. A discussion had started about it on ANN's forums, but now that site seems to be down.
The end of the previews (narrated by Okita) has the "There are only XXX days left..." and the time between the end of the first and the end of the second episodes are two days (365 and 364, respectively). The exact wording is "Next time", IIRC. Still, this is an episodic half-hour series, released theatrically first, and certainly does not fall under the criteria for an OVA. Personally, I don't see any merit in American fans dictating such decisions, since the producers have the official word, and fans only try to force things into their own rigid compartmentalization or belief systems. In the long run, it always ends up being a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing (i.e. a huge waste of everyone's time). (No disrespect for the energy, intent, and enthusiasm, though.)
Old 2012-04-16, 18:23   Link #324
denshousha

Yeah, but the ANN encyclopedia and imdb have to classify them as something on their systems.
Having separate entries for the movies and series (like ANN does now) seems kind of silly to me given that both entries will have identical cast, crew, etc. listed.

You're totally right, it's not an OVA. I forgot that those are (usually) released one episode at a time.
denshousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 21:19   Link #325
August138

Quote:
Yeah, but the ANN encyclopedia and imdb have to classify them as something on their systems. Having separate entries for the movies and series (like ANN does now) seems kind of silly to me given that both entries will have identical cast, crew, etc. listed.
Unfortunately, that's the way it has to be...

Quote:
You're totally right, it's not an OVA. I forgot that those are (usually) released one episode at a time.
...and, they (OVAs) are produced exclusively for home video release; this is definitely not DALLOS territory.
Old 2012-04-16, 23:43   Link #326
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Wow, the collector's edition looks awesome.
Old 2012-04-16, 23:45   Link #327
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
That is legitimately depressing.

Endless "The waiting" Soul
The BD's come with English subtitles.

You have no excuses.
Old 2012-04-16, 23:51   Link #328
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The limited edition BD have officially sold out. In ten days at the theaters.
Old 2012-04-17, 05:50   Link #329
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Pre-order figures thus far - 12k for part 1, 10k for part 2. This is good news indeed.
Not counting the special editions sold at the theaters?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 05:59   Link #330
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Movie/OVA series first. TV later.

The series is 26 episodes long. Grouped up into 7 movies (which are basically in an OVA format save that they are all shown in theaters first).
i see, and it sells so well in japan too thats good news, i cant wait to see this

and ye im also one of the people that wants a modern remake of the original Macross series
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 07:35   Link #331
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
i see, and it sells so well in japan too thats good news, i cant wait to see this

and ye im also one of the people that wants a modern remake of the original Macross series
Hey, that's one way around Harmony Gold...
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 14:03   Link #332
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Has anyone been able to pickup why Mamoru Kodai's uniform is so different from everyone else?

He has a red uniform (and it is a different red and style from Nanbu and Yuki's uniforms). His coat is slightly off shade of grey from that of Yamamani, Okita, and Hijikata's black. His rank pins, stripes, trim, and hat pin are all silver rather than gold (though the one cruiser captain we see during the battle also had silver rank pins and a silver on his captain's hat...but was wearing the same blue duty uniform as most of the rest of the crew). Even his duty seems patch is different most of the time. It seems somewhat greyed out version of the Yukizake patch. Though in the image of Admiral Okita's family, his son has the same or very similar coat style as Mamoru Kodai....but we can't see his uniform color (and he has three silver bars for his rank... Sigh, more complications)

While I figure Kodai's coat's inner lining represents his original department color (Orange is engineering, which Hijikata seems to also have. Okita seem to have red for Combat and Yamamani green for I guess Navigation), I haven't figured out his uniform color yet as everyone else is in either blue duty uniforms, or white with a coat. We can't see if his uniform has a white anchor on it or not. Sort of the inverse of his younger brother's Yamato uniform.

I'm hoping it will be a plot point eventually.
Old 2012-04-17, 16:46   Link #333
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Well the silver rather than gold isn't to hard to figure out, as you said it sounds like lower ranking officers don't get gold. That's reserved for senior officers.

Is there anything different about the uniforms on the crew of the Yukikaze? Perhaps Mamoru was merchant Marine or something, so he got a different uniform than the regular fleet guys.

Another possibility again, is that those missle gunboat captains get some other kind of uniform.
Old 2012-04-17, 19:09   Link #334
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I didn't notice anything unusual about the rest of the Yukikaze's crew verses any other naval crew aside from Okita and Yamamani. All space naval personel seem to have blue uniforms aside from Okita, Hijikata, Yamamani, and Kodai. (And Okita's son). There are all wearing coats that are either black with gold trim or a dark grey with silver trim. The inner lining varies, but seems to match the colored tabs over the left breast that most crew and officers have that I believe indicates one's department.

Yukikaze's XO has three gold bars while Kodai has a silver chevron and bar (that may or may not be attached). The other bridge crew seem to be enlisted with no bars. The officers seem to all have neckerchiefs. The XO on the Yukikaze and the Captain of the one cruiser had orange while all the others have white (I'm assuming he was captain since he had on a captain's hat even though he didn't have on the coat. He might have been the XO but was giving the order to evade. is hat anchor and rank were silver and looked to be the same as Kodai's).

General Serizawa is in a greenish uniform with his campaign ribbons and metals on. He is either Army or Marines.

Yuki and Nanbu have red uniforms (but a dull red). They could be Army or even Air Force. Their placement is unclear from just Episode One.

The image we have of Yamamoto has her in a red uniform like Yuki's. Her bother has on a blue uniform with an orange scarf. Kato is in a green t-shirt. Both with bomber jackets for their fighter squadron.

Todo has no rank no any indication what branch of the service he might be from. But he is overall Commander, so techically he is in all services and might have a special uniform.

Kodai's uniform is blood red. It is styled differently from what I can see from Nanbu's uniform. Kodia is clearly Space Navy given his hat, coat, and that he's captain of a destroyer. What his uniform indicates is not something I can easily guess. Maybe there is something in Episode Two that might give a hint as the crew is assembled, but before they get their new uniforms. Yamato seems to be a special case as it is suppose to be crewed by the best they have regardless of which branch of the service they are from. Hence the special uniforms. (in all productions after the first season it is clear that only Yamato has these uniforms, and only for special missions. When they aren't on a special misson, they all seem to return back to their other uniforms.)

Maybe a flashback will we get something about this. If things follow their old course we should get some from both Susumu Kodai and Sanada about Mamoru Kodai.
Old 2012-04-18, 06:26   Link #335
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
This one and the nurse seem to be the popular ones right now (well and Yuki, but Yuki's been there for decades)

Niimi Kaoru
I don't like ALLOT of the fanart on pixix. Not just because it's racy...well partly, but mainly how crude so much of it seems really.

But THIS is exceptionally classy and graceful.

Though the production crew has really got to stop teasing with all this ambiguity about uniforms. It's vexxing our poor Ithekro to madness =P
Old 2012-04-18, 18:40   Link #336
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Though the production crew has really got to stop teasing with all this ambiguity about uniforms. It's vexxing our poor Ithekro to madness =P
Looking at the scene of Okita's announcement in Episode 2, all of the blue and red uniforms have silver bars, while all of the Airwing pilots and and Sanada have gold bars (Sanada also has a chevron). Many of the crewmen receive promotions when boarding the Yamato — Tokugawa goes from one silver bar and chevron at the announcement, to a gold bar and chevron in the engine room.
Old 2012-04-18, 18:52   Link #337
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Madness?

THIS! IS! DESSLER!

Spoiler for Bang!:

(Sorry, I had to do it. It was bothering me all day.)

The problem for me is that usually I have multiple episodes of something for references and can pick though details. All I got is one episode, a few pictures, some translated notes, and 28-38 year old, outdated, information.

It will sort itself out...in a year's time...before Earth disappears.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-04-18 at 19:03.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 22:41   Link #338
August138

In other YAMATO: 2199 news...

"May the Light of the Stars Shine Forever", the ending theme for YAMATO: 2199, sung by Aira Yuki, will be released as a CD Single from Lantis on June 27th (right in time for the release of the second YAMATO: 2199 feature on June 30th)! And it looks as though there is to be more than one ending theme song for YAMATO: 2199, as the aforementioned CD release will also contain another ending theme song by Aki Misato (title to be announced) for the second feature, "Desperate Battles in the Solar System". Will this continue throughout this new series? The CD will also contain the Karaoke tracks for both songs.

Source: http://yamato2199.net/goods/cd_002.html
Aki Misato Official Website: http://www.misatoaki.jp/

Last edited by August138; 2012-04-19 at 13:12.
August138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 15:30   Link #339
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

More ship patch avatars.
(original patches redesigned by みどり on Pixiv)

Flagship Battleship Kirishima:

And other ships in the Fleet at Pluto:...................Also some alternative patches for Yukikaze and Kirishima

And a blank one: An example made using the blank: UNCF Enterprise:

It appears the font is Helvetica Bold.

This is the larger version that might take the letters better.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-04-19 at 19:35. Reason: Extra Patches
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 13:31   Link #340
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Isao Sasaki's original end song "The Crimson Scarf" (Or "Scarlet" I think) will release on the 25th of April. There will be an event on the 27th to celebrate.

http://yamato2199.net/news.html#minilive

I will assume it will show up again in the epiosde where they leave the Solar System, if not before.

Aso if they are making multiple ending songs, I would guess there would be a new one for each "film" as that would generate CD sales, and make it so that each film as its own ending theme.

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato