AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-10, 13:10   Link #2881
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

The leatest two games Mahou enjoyed:

Love, Election, Chocolate + the marvelous Iro ni de derikiri wa ga Koi wa /bad romanization from my part X_X

The funny part about the former is, that despite different girl options you can almost considere Chisato's route as canon (next to her path being the only available at first playthrough), heck I think she's even declared as main heroine
Spoiler for Love, Election & Chocolate Route Spoilers:
Oh well, her being the inoffical canon choice is not bad because her route was quite good + the personal drama was being kept relatively "short".

As for Iro ni: It has similar to Muv-Luv Extra (the school life setting), slice of life for 90 % of the game with confession + love realisation at the end, BUT Iro ni's slice of life was for me waaaay superior than Muv-Luv Extra's boring school part.
The main cast of Iro ni is awesome-astic with your local tsundere oujo-sama who can easily be "forced" into her cutey-mode when she can only stutter "aww, awww" (similar to Kanon's Makoto), the local genki-na childhood friend - definitely my favorite character + the VAs great job of relaying the right intonations and such - a chief maid with a blushy+stuttering side, etc.
And~ absolutely no single drama . Another good point: Once you are done with one route, you can just skip to the next decision point, if no new dialogues are inbetween. Quite nifty considering that there are quite many choice selections. during the game

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-08-11 at 11:33. Reason: Added a spoiler tag
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 11:57   Link #2882
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I definitely think the storytelling approach in KoiChoco was interesting and important, and I'd definitely that Chisato's route is as close to "canon" as you get without outright saying so. All the other routes are basically "alternative routes", though some of them bring some interesting perspectives.

Spoiler for Love, Election & Chocolate Spoilers, reply to above:

As for Iro ni Ide ni Keri Waga Koi Wa... I found that game to be so bizarre! Graphically, it's beautiful, the characters are really nice, and the voice acting was pretty good... but the story and script were (IMO) just totally off-the-wall crazy, sometimes frustrating, and not to mention the H scenes... And I swear, if I hear another "Setsumei shiyo~!" (and the music that goes with it every single time)... I'd probably call it the most "eccentric" moege I've ever played, and this even though I'm a pretty big fan of Windmill's other work. None of this is to say that it's bad, but I think you sort of have to share the same sense of humour as the author to really get it; it's almost easier to take it as a parody, since there's very little serious in it. (Not that any Windmill game is ever totally serious, but yeah...)
Old 2011-08-11, 12:33   Link #2883
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

@ Iro ni's h-scenes
Spoiler for ero scene:

For the eccentric humor: I agree, but strangely this kind of humor made me laugh more often than with other funny-rated VNs. Then again, I'm rather easy to please VN-wise . The vast uses of "Ping~Pong", "Bu Bu!!", etc was also uhm ... unusual

@Love+Choco: I'd love to give my usual route-by-route impression, but I'll wait until this one will be either renamed or new general eroge topic is opened
Until then: Personally, Chisato's route > Satsuki's > Michiru's > Izara's > Mifuyu's.
Spoiler for Spoiler to be safe:
Old 2011-08-11, 13:32   Link #2884
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
I'll wait until this one will be either renamed or new general eroge topic is opened
Done now. Most of the comments seemed supportive of the renaming, since that's basically how we use the thread anyway.

Note to All: This thread is now basically a catch-all for commentary about recent and past eroge releases that do not have or may not warrant their own thread. If there is already a specific discussion thread about the eroge in question, please go to that thread. You may also create a thread if you think there is enough subject matter to discuss. Prolonged discussion about any one given topic or work may be split off into its own thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Personally, Chisato's route > Satsuki's > Michiru's > Izara's > Mifuyu's.
Spoiler for Spoiler to be safe:
Yeah, I think I'd probably rate them pretty similarly in terms of the story.
Spoiler for KoiChoco Routes:
Old 2011-08-11, 14:29   Link #2885
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
I'm currently reading Favorite's Iritoridori no Sekai and I really like it, already finished Kana's route and currently on Kyo's.

I personally like and enjoy the whole setting of the game and it's "feeling". It's I'm actually being drawn into a world of fantasy. The water colors in the background and some other small details (like the moon) add to it.

The characters are all quite likeable (love Shinku's good night phrases) though, I wished there was more interaction between them. Common route was really short if you compare it to the lenghts of Hoshizora's common route but, it set everything quite nicely for the individual routes, IMO.

The plot it's been insteresting so far yet, it feels like there something missing for it to be truly amazing, it just need that one more step. Of course, this only my opinion after one route.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 16:28   Link #2886
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah, I think I'd probably rate them pretty similarly in terms of the story.
Spoiler for KoiChoco Routes:
I liked Isara's route a lot. Chisato's on the other hand...

Spoiler for Chisato's route:

Needs more Isara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
I'm currently reading Favorite's Iritoridori no Sekai and I really like it, already finished Kana's route and currently on Kyo's.

I personally like and enjoy the whole setting of the game and it's "feeling". It's I'm actually being drawn into a world of fantasy. The water colors in the background and some other small details (like the moon) add to it.

The characters are all quite likeable (love Shinku's good night phrases) though, I wished there was more interaction between them. Common route was really short if you compare it to the lenghts of Hoshizora's common route but, it set everything quite nicely for the individual routes, IMO.

The plot it's been insteresting so far yet, it feels like there something missing for it to be truly amazing, it just need that one more step. Of course, this only my opinion after one route.
I'm playing Iroseka right now too. The first few chapters were reeeeeeally dry and things didn't really pick up until all the cast were introduced. Played through Kyou's route so far. It was ok, had some quite moving parts, but I felt it was a little short. Would've loved it to be fleshed out a bit more. Playing Tsukasa's route now... I heard that while Kyou, Tsukasa, Mio and Kana's routes might be so-so, Shinku's makes it all the better. And considering how Hoshimemo went, I'm inclined to believe this.

Also, I love oniichairs.

Spoiler for Oniichair:
Old 2011-08-11, 17:10   Link #2887
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Okay, Mahou's in-depth thoughts of Koi+Choco

Spoiler for Spoilers for every girl's route:

Next on Mahou's to play list: Natsu no Ame. From what I've seen in CGs before, it's beautifully drawn.
Old 2011-08-11, 17:42   Link #2888
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
I liked Isara's route a lot. Chisato's on the other hand...

Spoiler for Chisato's route:
Spoiler for KoiChoco Chisato & Isara's route/endings:

@Mahou:
Spoiler for KoiChoco Mifuyu's Route:
As I've said before about this game, if I look at any one given route, there are some things I didn't really like, but I think the whole is stronger than the sum of its parts.
Old 2011-08-13, 06:37   Link #2889
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Played and finished two routes yesterday of To Heart 2. It was entertaining at some extend and honestly the game wouldn't left any impact on my VN favorites if it wasn't for... Tama-nee! Her unique personality just owned my heart from the first scene where she showed her true colors. Not to mention that she became adorable towards the end of the game. She easily jumped to my waifu material.

So can anyone tell me what To Heart 2 Another Days is all about? I've seen on wiki page that it's a sequel but I have no additional info about it. How is Tamaki in that game?
Old 2011-08-13, 10:37   Link #2890
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
So can anyone tell me what To Heart 2 Another Days is all about? I've seen on wiki page that it's a sequel but I have no additional info about it. How is Tamaki in that game?
Another Days is basically a game where all the side-characters and other heroines get full routes of their own (hence the "Another" in the title). There is one "bonus" route in the game that focuses on both Konomi and Tama-nee, which is a sequel to their respective routes in the original game. Otherwise, the game mostly focuses on other characters.
Old 2011-08-16, 07:10   Link #2891
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Spoiler for KoiChoco - Isara, Chisato, Fandisc:

Impression #2: Kourin no Machi 3/5 routes done.
Kourin no Machi is a slightly more light-hearted version of Sharin no Kuni. And each girl has either a very flawed definition of friendship or none at all.

Spoiler for each main girl:

So what's the Sharin no Kuni reference in it?

Spoiler for SnK+ Kourin no Machi's final two chapters:

Interesting enough, the opinions of Kourin no Machi seems to be quite divided up to calling it a weak version of SnK. Ignoring in-depth weaknesses of the story which I wouldn't have understood anyways, the main weakness for me was the eroge. It just felt veeery rushed (not only time-wise, but with the choice of "action" they decided to start with) in contrast to Akabeesofts' better usage in Sharin no Kuni + Fandisc.
Old 2011-08-20, 03:54   Link #2892
Soviet

Just finished the Kajiri Kamui Kagura -trial. Now I'm really hyped for next month because this was damn great. I really like the fact that it is not presented with the typical single protag + multiple heroines structure. Instead the story revolves around a group of four guys and four girls, meaning there are four rather...interesting pairings. Most of the characters have an extreme god-complex so it's going to be interesting to see how they will manage to bond together.

The writing is super flowery but with a setting that is basically ye olde Japan this is to be expected. Soundtrack and art are both of amazing quality. So good:
Spoiler:
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 01:22   Link #2893
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Just finished the Kajiri Kamui Kagura -trial. Now I'm really hyped for next month because this was damn great. I really like the fact that it is not presented with the typical single protag + multiple heroines structure. Instead the story revolves around a group of four guys and four girls, meaning there are four rather...interesting pairings. Most of the characters have an extreme god-complex so it's going to be interesting to see how they will manage to bond together.

The writing is super flowery but with a setting that is basically ye olde Japan this is to be expected. Soundtrack and art are both of amazing quality. So good:
Spoiler:
Hah another joins the ranks of the followers of the Dies Irae franchise...I plan to play the full KKK with Soukou Akki Muramasa, should be epic.

fun fact about KKK though....The setting may be feudal Japan but the actual year is the far future in a post apocalyptic world after the main villian has destroyed it.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-09-19 at 01:33.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 05:33   Link #2894
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Played and finished two routes yesterday of To Heart 2. It was entertaining at some extend and honestly the game wouldn't left any impact on my VN favorites if it wasn't for... Tama-nee! Her unique personality just owned my heart from the first scene where she showed her true colors. Not to mention that she became adorable towards the end of the game. She easily jumped to my waifu material.

To Heart 2 is such a lovely old classic. Very mundane slice of life (IMO) but very good writing on the whole that somehow keeps me connected and interested. My favorites being Manaka (even though I don't like her voice but I like her back story and her ability to pawn in the shooter), Yuuma, and Tamaki. btw, you do know that Tamaki is voiced by Itou Shizuka right (even in the x-rated version)?

In Another Days, you get a chance to also capture
Spoiler:

And Manaka pawns in the shooter game. My high score is close to 60000 IIRC for the 6 minute version.

Nostalgic.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 05:42   Link #2895
Seitsuki
Onee!

Concerning our beloved Tama nee, iirc what ensues is a continuation of her ending from the original.. except that Konomi, also in love with Takaaki (as you probably were able to infer about 5 min in from the original) gets in on the action too since Tama nee loves Konomi just as much and doesn't want to lose either. D'aaawww.

And yes it's as delicious heartwarming as it sounds.
Old 2011-09-19, 07:59   Link #2896
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Anyone has heard of Cure Girl? A game where the main guy is socially incompatible ie. bad at real life interaction, and decides on a forum with similar people to meet in real life and tries afterwards to improve his "sillks. What surprise all 3 girl are at the same school as he is including his osananajimi .

I liked the premise of the game very much because I can somewhat relate with the socially incompatible-part. But unfortunately the synopsis was more interesting than the game itself. Maybe it's really only due to my limit of jp. knowledge although that hasn't been a problem before ... With the osananajimi I was like "Okay ....? What exactly was HER reason to join the social board?" Too bad even if the art is quite good >_<.

In contrast Suzukaze no Melt which was overall awesome, as was Natsu no Ame. And ikinari anata ni koi shiteru, which started off quite bad/stupid, but - for me - surprised with the last parts aka "drama finale" in most girl routes. Not breathtaking-awesome but better than expected. And the kiss cgs are are one of the best I've seen.
Old 2011-09-22, 07:26   Link #2897
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
I have been reading LoverAble these past few days and it's been quite fun. There isn't much story going for this game but, the characters and their interactions surely make up for it. There's lots of comedy as each character has their own set of unique traits to their personalities.

Already read the route for Tsugumi, Satsuki, Chinatsu and Nanako and currently in Kaho's. At the moment, Tsugumi is still my favorite heroine. She's such a cute kouhai it's almost criminal

Mahou,

I read Suzukaze a few months ago and it was just ok, IMO. Comprared to Whirpool's past games it was much better than Sevens and almost as good as MagusTale which remains as my favorite game from the company.

All that said, Suzukaze was enjoyable. As an osananajimi Nazuna was awesome though her route was slightly disappointing. Route wise, Suzu's was the best, IMO. The best part of the game, for me are the side-stories. I found their plot, characters and development were far more interesting than the main ones, especially, Megumi's.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 12:47   Link #2898
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:

Mahou,

I read Suzukaze a few months ago and it was just ok, IMO. Comprared to Whirpool's past games it was much better than Sevens and almost as good as MagusTale which remains as my favorite game from the company.

All that said, Suzukaze was enjoyable. As an osananajimi Nazuna was awesome though her route was slightly disappointing. Route wise, Suzu's was the best, IMO. The best part of the game, for me are the side-stories. I found their plot, characters and development were far more interesting than the main ones, especially, Megumi's.
VN-wise I'm really easy to "please"/to satisfy with as long as it's nothing gory or too dark-ish. That's why you find me mostly praising my current played VNs (despite my really crappy jp. skills). Whereas others might hate too corny and clisché settings, I love them if they make me go "Awww" .

Spoiler for Minor Suzukaze no Melt Ending Spoilers, Nazuna's Route:

Anyway, after reading nearly only positive opinions of Noble Works, I just have had to try it as well (maybe I'm just that easy to influence o_o). You simply have to like Sena even though I may prefer Akari . In terms of pervy/embarassing train of thoughts, Sena won't be able to beat Sana from Tenshi Ranman. The only annoying part is that Mr. Main Lead gets too often misunderstood or mistrusted by Akari and the 1st Maid for my taste, especially on Sena's route (for me a simple case of: it may made sense plot-wise, but I still did not like it). At first it was okay, but then it was a bit tiresome.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-09-22 at 19:00. Reason: Added some spoiler tags, just to be safe
Old 2011-09-22, 13:13   Link #2899
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It isn't like Akari and Chiaki "distrust" Takumi that much, but on Sena's route, he doesn't exactly interact with them or pull "glorious stunts", that and both care a -lot- for Sena, with obvious family vibes. They aren't actually distrusting them, but they have shown how serious they are if takumi were to act like a jerk. If they really didn't trust him, they would actually prevent him to even interact with Sena altogether.

So it would be arguably OOC if they were to cut some slack to him during Sena's route.
Old 2011-09-22, 17:43   Link #2900
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
I have been reading LoverAble these past few days and it's been quite fun. There isn't much story going for this game but, the characters and their interactions surely make up for it. There's lots of comedy as each character has their own set of unique traits to their personalities.

Already read the route for Tsugumi, Satsuki, Chinatsu and Nanako and currently in Kaho's. At the moment, Tsugumi is still my favorite heroine. She's such a cute kouhai it's almost criminal
I played LoverAble randomly without expecting much and really liked it. Let's not kid ourselves, the plot isn't the strong part, but the characters are very appealing (especially Tsugumi and Kaho) and have their own interesting quirks. Great comedy too, especially with the tenchou. My main complaint is the suspect art for Chinatsu and Nanako. That's the problem when you use multiple artists.

I'm so happy that there's a FD coming out in January!! Kaho with twintails! KAHO WITH TWINTAILS!!!!!!!!

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel