AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-10, 00:45   Link #41
noisytime
Insignificant Member

Do you know that she turns 13 on the 15th? Which means that in a week she will be of legal age in Japan.

If the show manages to garner an audience, she will definitely be the big draw.
noisytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 14:50   Link #42
mew2
Banned

the first episode was OK ...I hope the series improves it doesnt have that flare like the ANIME series
mew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 07:25   Link #43
wrex_japan

Jigoku Shoujo live action, ep. 2

Ep. 2 screencaps and summary. Fortunately, this second episode was much better than the first episode. It was helped by good acting on the parts of the villain and the father who had committed suicide (this is not a spoiler as it revealed from the beginning of the story). The story itself was quite sad, and featured the Japanese social trends of hikkikomori and job related suicide. All in all, it was a worthy addition to the Jigoku Shoujo universe.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 13:32   Link #44
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
I don't usually like dorama because most of them seem low budget and poorly acted. Same goes for this one.

I don't feel anything from the characters and the more dramatic moments ended up being funny. And most of the special effects are pretty funny also. The only thing that was done really well was the flowers coming of the kimono.

Ai looks way to old and because of that the show looses a lot of its creepyness.

Maybe if it were done as a really high-budget production, Jigkou Shoujo could work as live action, but that's not going to happen so maybe it would be better just to leave it as an anime.
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 17:19   Link #45
Sakuya
*Artist

This episode was pretty good. I agree, the acting was brought up a notch. I also liked how they played the Jigoku Shoujo anime's ED theme in the Manga Cafe. The next episode preview is missing from the raw though.

Edit:
A preview of episode 3 is available on the official website:
http://www.ntv.co.jp/jigoku/nextweek.html

Last edited by Sakuya; 2006-11-12 at 17:34.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 17:50   Link #46
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
This episode was pretty good. I agree, the acting was brought up a notch. I also liked how they played the Jigoku Shoujo anime's ED theme in the Manga Cafe. The next episode preview is missing from the raw though.

Edit:
A preview of episode 3 is available on the official website:
http://www.ntv.co.jp/jigoku/nextweek.html
Oh yeah, it was cool when the played the song in the cafe. ^_^ And I added screenshots and translation to next week's preview to my summary of the episode.
Old 2006-11-13, 01:32   Link #47
Sakuya
*Artist

It's disappointing that they're not doing the torture on the boat. At least so far, they're not doing it. I also wonder why they softened the drums part of the BGM in the scene when Ai dressed herself in her kimono. I know the drums made a big impact in the anime. It loses that same effect here.

Also, can anyone tell me (about the preview for episode 3) when person slits his wrist, why they must do it in a tub of warm water? I think I've heard about that somewhere else, too.
Old 2006-11-13, 13:13   Link #48
Mizkyu

Quote:
Also, can anyone tell me (about the preview for episode 3) when person slits his wrist, why they must do it in a tub of warm water? I think I've heard about that somewhere else, too.
It's to try and stop the wound clotting. Less of a cultural thing, more of a practical thing.
Mizkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 14:22   Link #49
IMSabbel

If you do it in a tub of really warm water, you can get away with only hitting the vein, which you can cut nearly painlessly.

To get down to the atery, you have to cut rather deep ( nearly a cm), and might hit sinews, nerves or the outer layer of bone tissue, which hurts like a bitch.
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 08:50   Link #50
maboroshi
Akachan ningen

I'm quite disappointed. I wish they could have found a young girl who really looks like Ai. Hone-onna's kimono/obi looks like a cosplay outfit. The thought of a F-cup Tsugumi is just....off-putting...Ren is just not cool enuff..
maboroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 19:34   Link #51
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by maboroshi View Post
I'm quite disappointed. I wish they could have found a young girl who really looks like Ai.
I thought her "Ima iku kara" line in episode 2 was almost the exact same as Noto Mamiko's version of the same line in the anime. I thought that was really cool.
Old 2006-11-15, 20:15   Link #52
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Yay learned somethin new today. Dawmn I always thought wtf when they where talkin about F-cups. Now it al makes sense

But the full cup works against the loli-factor why'd they choose her? ?;(
I wonder what an European /American F-Cup is in Japan?

K/L Cup?
Okay, enough about breast...

Well tsugumi looks nice, and so is that...er...onna person.
not so sure about emma Ai, but i suppose i have to wait and see.

Hajime looks rough...almost too rough for a reporter type...meh.
Old 2006-11-16, 00:15   Link #53
Dell Virago
Caffine Queen

Send a message via MSN to Dell Virago
.. You're joking, right?

Ask anyone, or even look at the old Jigoku Shoujo ( the first season) forum. I was a huge fan! even when the plot became a little dull ( still loved it). having said that, here is what I thought of the live action tv show.

1) I think they had a 5$ budget for the movie.
2) to quote Ed the Sock, just becuase you can sing, doesn't mean you can act. I have seen HIgh School dramas that pulled me in more. the acting was the worst
3) on the positive side, at least they didn't try to mimic the exact anime movements that are common in anime. ( the hand gestures and stuff.. Princess Princess Live action was horrible for that)

all in all, a mistake, this should not have happened. I mean. here is what you do: use your special effect buget for some GOOD actors. then work with the storyline, AND make sure that wardrobe isn't reminisent of Halloween at Wal- Mart.

thats all I have to say.
Dell Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 14:10   Link #54
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I think a little patience is in order.

For starters, we've only seen two episodes so far, and only one of those has been subbed. First episodes are always a bit on the rough side.

Second, we haven't even seen Hajime and Tsugumi yet. People are already writing off Saaya Irie because of her reputation, but I think she deserves at least a chance to make an appearance in character before people start trashing her. Some people - myself included - had never even heard of her before this production.

Third, I actually think it fits to have the show look a bit cheesy. The original Doctor Who series got along just fine that way for 26 years.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 00:04   Link #55
wrex_japan

Jigoku Shoujo Live Action, ep. 3

Ep. 3 summary and screencaps. This starts with the "other woman" having to go through an abortion. We finally get to see Hone Onna's skull face and ...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-19, 00:11   Link #56
Sakuya
*Artist

Hone Onna's skull face is SUPER scary! I'm glad they're able to make something scary in this drama.
Old 2006-11-19, 01:32   Link #57
wrex_japan

Quote:
Hone Onna's skull face is SUPER scary! I'm glad they're able to make something scary in this drama.
Yeah, I thought that was well done. And this week's punishment/torture scene was pretty fun... now they just gotta add more blood and it'd be great.
Old 2006-11-20, 19:12   Link #58
Sakuya
*Artist

I finally watched it. This was pretty well done. I was surprised the Grandma actually moved from her wheel and I thought they would actually show her in person! But no. Now why would Seiichi choose Shouko over Yuka? Please answer that for me.

I really like this drama. I guess the live action makes the things more serious and dark. Sugimoto Aya's acting as Hone Onna still needs to be worked on. I wonder if she even knows if her character is not really evil...? She acts too evil. Too much like Queen Beryl from Sailor Moon. She needs to drop her queen act and become an underling.
Old 2006-11-20, 20:01   Link #59
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

A Dream of Babies

I'm quite glad with all the cosmetic changes peformed in the live-action drama.

1. Ai's Grandma almost revealed her form when slided open the door just a few inches from her shadow.

2. Ichimoku Ren and Hone Onna finished the rest of Ai's lines when delivering the speech to the contractors.

3. Hone Onna at her pure mayhem when her skull looks got quite the fright of the sleazy scumbag.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 22:54   Link #60
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrex_japan View Post
Spoiler:
And not only that, but also...

Spoiler:
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote