Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-18, 20:19   Link #25321
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
More than likely they will be. The background check just looks for felony convictions, FBI watchlist entries and things of that nature. Unlike the popular hoplophobe misconception, most human beings are actually good people, even if they own or want to own a gun. Imagine that.

I used to own several guns. I would still own them if I hadn't been laid off in 2009 and need the money to stay alive. They didn't magically turn me into an evil monster.
Old 2012-12-18, 20:24   Link #25322
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Wow. Why do they bother having that poll? Honestly I love making fun of those CLOWNS that lead N. Korea too and I think it's a funny troll maneuver on 4chan's part, but I feel kind of bad considering all the suffering that comes from these idiots being in charge.
Old 2012-12-18, 20:25   Link #25323
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That was a pretty worthless waste of time. Stupid, wrong, and misogynist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not reading the article beyond the title. Based solely on that, it's the stupidest shit I've read all day.

then you all fail @ reading

If you even went beyond reading headline (and see embedded links) you'll be humbled & enlightened by that fact that it's actually a legit study!
Old 2012-12-18, 20:38   Link #25324
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
You want solution to that pesky gender pay gap?

Well, HERE it is ... it's so simple it makes you wonder why did they even conduct this study at all
I have to say I did a double take at the photo at the top of that article. I thought it was Benson and Stabler from L&O:SVU for a moment there.

(if it had of been them the follow up thought would have been well, who'd they piss off to get assigned to the motorpool, lol.)
Old 2012-12-18, 20:55   Link #25325
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Women earn less money than men the more the sexes share the same occupations, a large-scale survey of 20 industrialised countries has found.
You mean when women work the same occupations that men do, they get paid less? Holy shit stop the presses, this study deserves a Nobel Prize and a cookie.
Old 2012-12-18, 22:31   Link #25326
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
then you all fail @ reading

If you even went beyond reading headline (and see embedded links) you'll be humbled & enlightened by that fact that it's actually a legit study!
Did you look to see who wrote the article? She's a feminist - the study shows that women are indeed paid less than men in the same professions regardless of merit. That's misogyny in my book.

She's pointing the study out as a indicator of how fucked up that is. So can I assume you agree with her that we need laws to force employers not to be jackasses about paying people based on their dick count?

Another article - same website: Ever notice how its always young white men of privilege that mass murder in the the US?
http://jezebel.com/5969023/have-you-...-hook-shooting
Old 2012-12-19, 03:52   Link #25327
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Common nonsense

Quote:
You want solution to that pesky gender pay gap?

Well, HERE it is ... it's overly simplified it makes you wonder why it should even be considered a study at all
Fixed for correctness.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-12-19, 08:26   Link #25328
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

2012 Time's Person of the Year: Barack Obama, the President
http://poy.time.com/2012/12/19/perso...-barack-obama/
Old 2012-12-19, 08:40   Link #25329
Sumeragi
Banned

South Korea's Park seen winning presidential race

I've voted for Park Geun-hye. Hoping she wins, although by now it's almost certain she will.
Old 2012-12-19, 08:41   Link #25330
Tom Bombadil

The Chinese media has reported that the South Koreans has elected their first female president.
Old 2012-12-19, 09:53   Link #25331
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
South Korea's Park seen winning presidential race

I've voted for Park Geun-hye. Hoping she wins, although by now it's almost certain she will.
Well, I haven't really followed Korean politics, but I think Park is less likely to expand Korea's welfare system. I actually don't mind that as Korean elderly population is increasing. And if she does win, I actually would like to see her put effort into weakening chaebol's power, but in that area I think Moon could have been better.

Checking on Facebook, my cousin is pissed that she won.
Old 2012-12-19, 10:09   Link #25332
Sumeragi
Banned

And it's settled: South Korea election: Park Geun-hye defeats Moon Jae-in
Old 2012-12-19, 10:26   Link #25333
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well good for you. Having more female president is good thing heh

Old 2012-12-19, 11:08   Link #25334
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Yes, but can she govern gangnam style?

Maybe she can square off against Julia Gillard who placed "the total triumph of K-Pop" on the list, along with flesh-eating zombies and demonic hell beasts, of the most likely threats to Australia's existence when the world comes to an end on Friday.

Old 2012-12-19, 11:38   Link #25335
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I knew it, K-pop is evil, with exception of Younha, I felt evilness of K-pop since I was a child.
Old 2012-12-19, 11:42   Link #25336
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I knew it, K-pop is evil, with exception of Younha, I felt evilness of K-pop since I was a child.
But our great leader is K-pop singer!

Old 2012-12-19, 12:14   Link #25337
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Unlike the popular hoplophobe misconception, most human beings are actually good people, even if they own or want to own a gun. Imagine that.
The irony in this statement is that people who want to own guns often remark that they need it for self-defense from criminals and other bad people. If the belief that most people were bad were a popular misconception among people who weren't fond of guns, wouldn't they want... and if people who wanted guns really felt that most people were good, wouldn't they feel that it was OK not to have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Did you look to see who wrote the article? She's a feminist - the study shows that women are indeed paid less than men in the same professions regardless of merit. That's misogyny in my book.
I was pretty excited when I clicked the link and saw that flying^ had linked to a Jezebel article and seemed to be taking it seriously. Then I realized that he actually didn't care about or understand Jezebel's take on it, he actually believed the study and thought that it was a good idea. I feel so let down.
Old 2012-12-19, 12:34   Link #25338
willx
Nyaaan~~

Obama named Time magazine's Person of the Year

Picked due to representing shifting demographics, etc. Others top contenders included Malala Yousafzai, a Pakistani girl shot in the head by the Taliban for advocating girls' education, Apple Inc Chief Executive Tim Cook, Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi and physicist Fabiola Gianotti.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8BI0QV20121219

Outlook remains uncertain
Old 2012-12-19, 14:42   Link #25339
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
The irony in this statement is that people who want to own guns often remark that they need it for self-defense from criminals and other bad people. If the belief that most people were bad were a popular misconception among people who weren't fond of guns, wouldn't they want... and if people who wanted guns really felt that most people were good, wouldn't they feel that it was OK not to have...
Um, no.

I believe that most people ARE good, but I'd rather have my weapons when I'm unfortunate enough to run into those that aren't.

case in point:

http://india.nydailynews.com/newsart...s-across-india

Quote:
New Delhi's police chief on Tuesday demanded the death penalty for people convicted of rape, a crime that currently carries a maximum punishment of 10 years in prison.
No complains from me on that one.
Old 2012-12-19, 14:44   Link #25340
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
well good for you. Having more female president is good thing heh
Well Park Chung Hee is known to be quite a dictator in the Cold War days, will she follow her father's footsteps and be as antagonistic towards the fat little boy across the border?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international