AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-03, 11:16   Link #41
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphis View Post
How is Black Star anything like Naruto?! He has more arrogance than him I'll admit, but his combat skill is much more akin to Sasuke when he's serious. He doesn't win fights because he'll "Never give up", he wins them because of his skill and proficiency.
Spoiler for Dunno if there is a spoiler in there somewhere but anyway:

Last edited by HiroInazuma; 2008-06-04 at 17:36. Reason: Potential Spoiler
Old 2008-06-03, 20:47   Link #42
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
His attacks are awesome no doubting that but he acts like me when I was 3 years old, always desperate for attention, I think it might be an inferiority complex
I really wonder what happened in his past to make him so obsessed with surpassing god, being #1, having everyone talk about him, etc. That kind of behaviour is the only thing holding him back from being one of the best out there. But suppose that's how he is, a personality flaw that makes things more interesting.

Wonder if Tsubaki will ever get all the souls necessary with the way things are going. They could dominate most enemies, but unless Black Star is focused things won't go well. She really has excellent patience and definitely is someone that Black Star is lucky to have. During his adventure in episode 9 stayed behind to go as far as polishing the library .

I guess everyone manages to deal with his personality. Good friends with Soul and aside from some Maka chops can't be on bad terms with Maka.
Old 2008-06-03, 22:09   Link #43
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'm wondering if we'll ever see anyone in Soul Eater complete their weapons. I can't think it would be for a while since that would make things a lot easier for them.

As for why he is the way he is, perhaps it is somehow related to his past and family which we don't know a lot of details about.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-04, 12:07   Link #44
Iron Maw
Banned

Use a Spoiler on that as it hasn't shown up in the anime yet!

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-06-04 at 17:40.
Old 2008-06-04, 13:06   Link #45
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
I already knew that but what is the point in posting that? It has nothing to do with the discussion right now and if you wanted to discuss it you should've used a spoiler tag. People who read the manga know this but there is nothing to discuss as we don't know that much right now
Oh sorry! I fairly new to this and easily forget to put to spoiler on, sorry again!
I thought it was revelant to his past history
Old 2008-06-04, 17:35   Link #46
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
Oh sorry! I fairly new to this and easily forget to put to spoiler on, sorry again!
I thought it was revelant to his past history
...You should edit it before a mod sees it and gives you a warning or smthing
Old 2008-06-04, 17:36   Link #47
Zoe

^ You should edit your quote too...
Old 2008-06-04, 17:38   Link #48
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
^ You should edit your quote too...
Done, anyway who else thinks that Black Star needs a shinigami chop to slap some some sense into him? His voice just irritates me which is why I like to read the manga
Old 2008-06-04, 17:52   Link #49
Iron Maw
Banned

He doesn't really bother me much, and quite franky he can be mature when he wants to. I just accept that part of his personailty that makes him different from most people, plus it leads to quite a bit of humor in the series. It's phase that he'll gradually grow out of when he's get older anyway.

I find him entertaining and it would be boring if he were too normal, especially when he plays off Maka and Kidd so well.
Old 2008-06-04, 22:07   Link #50
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

well after episode 8 black star kind of got less annoying in my book...he still is annoying
Old 2008-06-05, 00:36   Link #51
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

YAY, more Tsubaki service in episode 10. I can't wait
Old 2008-06-09, 22:22   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Spoiler for Ep10:
Old 2008-06-11, 18:29   Link #53
King Lycan
*IT Support

Tsubaki ...I can't wait for episode 11 to learn more of her
Old 2008-06-13, 15:40   Link #54
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

I like Black Star, he reminds me more of Urahara in Bleach than any other character. They might be goofy on the exterior but there's some really dang good skill backing them up.

Also like the fact that while he comes off as a brute force fighter personality, he's anything but. Only a very skill technician could use all the differnt Tsubaki weapon modes.

If they could get to the point in their relationship where Tsubaki would anticipate that Black Star would need and change modes without having to shout out, it would make them even more formidable... Course BS likes shouting any ways so it's pretty moot .
Old 2008-06-13, 22:46   Link #55
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
I like Black Star, he reminds me more of Urahara in Bleach than any other character. They might be goofy on the exterior but there's some really dang good skill backing them up.

Also like the fact that while he comes off as a brute force fighter personality, he's anything but. Only a very skill technician could use all the different Tsubaki weapon modes.

If they could get to the point in their relationship where Tsubaki would anticipate that Black Star would need and change modes without having to shout out, it would make them even more formidable... Course BS likes shouting any ways so it's pretty moot .
Well only case I can remember them doing something similar would be in episode 2. Managed to trick Mifune into thinking they were using the ninja blade and instead it was dummy star mode. Right now calling out the changes is probably the best they can do. Even if the opponent knows what weapon is coming how it will be used can still surprise them.

Having multiple modes is a great asset, but only if the user is skilled enough to make the most of it. He's done a good job with techniques for the different modes. Like trap star and speed star. Combining that with his ability to attack directly with his soul wave and they really are a great team. Even if Black Star doesn't have the ability to see souls.
Old 2008-06-19, 20:40   Link #56
King Lycan
*IT Support

i must say i being to like Black Star alot after episode 11 ... he is changing ..espically the hug scene between him and tsubaki .. i almost cried
Old 2008-06-19, 20:44   Link #57
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
i must say i being to like Black Star alot after episode 11 ... he is changing ..espically the hug scene between him and tsubaki .. i almost cried
Me too.

Black Star continues to evolve as a character and so far I find Tsubaki's and Black Star's back stories to be the most interesting.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2008-06-19 at 20:58.
Old 2008-06-19, 20:57   Link #58
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

The guy really showed some insight and how well he knew Tsubaki. Sure he made a big show on the statue and had that incident with speed star. But he knew how important this was and right through to the end of Tsubaki's performance, he was solid.

With the hug that was really touching, letting her know about his past, and when he asked her if she wanted to remain his weapon. He's growing and in her way so is Tsubaki. I'm sure before no matter how sad Tsubaki was she would keep it in. Wouldn't have had an outburst against her brother either saying that Tsubaki does indeed have a scent.

Really am liking Black Star a lot more after these last couple episodes.
Old 2008-06-19, 21:01   Link #59
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Even though Tsubaki's brother was a one time character he is probably my favorite villian in the show so far.
Old 2008-06-19, 21:08   Link #60
King Lycan
*IT Support

eh I Tsubaki's brother died almost the same way as Giglamesh of Fate/ Stay Night ..
but my favorite villain would be Excalibur