AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-12, 10:10   Link #21
Kallen4life

he'll be honorary okama nakama

he and Vivi can sit down and reminiscense (both honoraries)

meanwhile Crocodile will join the crew as first mate (!) and Boa will marry Luffy

LOL xD
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-04-12, 10:16   Link #22
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Isn't this a little premature, MarvelB? I haven't seen these spoilers confirmed by any of the Named, so this could be just a well constructed lie...

Well, to be fair, I did mention in my first post that the summary's legitimacy is still in question at this point. Still, this info sounds too over the top for a fake, methinks.....

Quote:
That being said, I hope it is real just so we can see Moria get killed and stop talking about that silly devil wannabe...

Nah, Moria ain't gonna die. He sure as hell didn't go down when Jinbei fought him, so why should it be so different with Dofla? Okay, so the latter is a bit more ruthless, but I don't really consider that a strong enough excuse since all Moria would need to do to kill just about anyone would be to swipe their shadows out in broad daylight.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Well Aohige_AP post them over at AP but he did say they could be wrong, also marvelb mess up cause it say Hancock catches up to Luffy, and heads to the Kuja island.

Er.... yeah, I admit that Hancock taking Luffy back to her island was some personal conjecture on my part, but it's just what made the most sense to me, since the summary was so ambiguously worded (also didn't help that I was up late, heh). However, I'll alter the summary a bit since it's true that Hancock may not have taken Luffy back to AL (not yet, anyway).....

Anyways, I dunno about anyone else, but if that spoiler is true, I find it really interesting to learn that even Sengoku disagrees with the WG's "peacekeeping" methods (i.e. keep everything a secret). It really does make that theory of the marines breaking up into seperate factions at some point seem all the more plausible......

Last edited by marvelB; 2010-04-12 at 10:27.
Old 2010-04-12, 10:28   Link #23
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I'm very pleased to know that one of the emperors (Big Mom) is a woman. To actually have a female amongst the elites, it just goes to show that Oda can and will make them just as formidable as the male powerhouses. It's nice to see that they get respect in this story.
Old 2010-04-12, 11:07   Link #24
james0246

^Big Mom will be another Okama...

Seriously though, Oda is very good about making his female characters relevent, and "Big Mom" (did anyone else get a slight Bioshock flashback when they heard the name) will gladly join Hancock amongst the elite.

@MarvelB: Moria will die as he lived - sitting on his butt hoping someone else will do the dying for him...I do admit I would have prefered Kaidou finally finishing him off though, but DoFlamingo is a good alternative...
Old 2010-04-12, 11:13   Link #25
marvelB

Quote:
^Big Mom will be another Okama...

What's sad is that this is actually possible......

Still, since Whitebeard was considered to be a father figure amongst the New World pirates, it's nice to know that we may have a mother figure as well in Big Mom. Y'know, if she's really Lola's mama, I'd find it kinda hilarious if she turned out to be really hot compared to her daughter.....

Quote:
@MarvelB: Moria will die as he lived - sitting on his butt hoping someone else will do the dying for him...

Now, now, remember that Moria wasn't always lazy! I'm sure he's quite capable of taking on Dofla. Even if he loses against him, I don't think he'll die just yet. I still see plenty of potential for the shadow man, after all......
Old 2010-04-12, 11:20   Link #26
james0246

^I think the emphasis will be on the "Big" part of her name (I'd prefer if Big Mom was a woman). Specifically, she will be a dwarf, or at least of small stature...
Old 2010-04-12, 11:22   Link #27
Blackbeard D. Kuma

So we have James' favorite warlord (Doflamingo) vs. marvelB's favorite warlord (Moria). Place your bets, folks .

In all seriousness, the Moria haters should wait and see how this plays out. I remember how those same people claimed Moria got OHKO'd by Jimbei, and we all know how that turned out. Don't dismiss the guy as dead just yet.
Old 2010-04-12, 11:30   Link #28
marvelB

Quote:
^I think the emphasis will be on the "Big" part of her name (I'd prefer if Big Mom was a woman). Specifically, she will be a dwarf, or at least of small stature...

Of course, I'd prefer her to be female, as well (I think Iva and Bon Clay alone are good enough for major okama characters). As for her being a midget...... well, it's certainly an interesting thought, I guess. But then again, she could be a giant hot chick like Aphelandra. Just gotta wait and see, I suppose.....
Old 2010-04-12, 11:30   Link #29
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I think this is setting up for something really big, Oda really has an absolute grasp over the whole he has created.

I think its quite obvious that Doflamingo is going to win as he has greater relevance to the plot than Moria who's already done his part in the story. Whether he will die is another thing.

I wonder if Doflamingo is going to get Moria to fight his own shadow or something.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2010-04-12, 11:31   Link #30
Rainbowman

My review:

Luffy is back on Amazon Lily, war is raging at Sabaody plus we learn (sort of) the name of the last Yonkou being one of the remaining ones in the New World, Impel Down is a mess with all the level 6 prisoners escaped, and Doflamingo threatens to kill Moria for being weak. Those I approve of. The one thing I don't approve of:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaieni View Post
And 10 months later Luffy goes off to search for his crew leaving his wife and newborn daughter back on Amazon Lily.
Why I disapprove:

1. There hasn't been actual proof of it.
2. It would destroy my hopes of me creating descendants for Luffy and Nami.

If anyone has a problem with that, let me know. I'm late for something I have to do. Later.
Old 2010-04-12, 11:33   Link #31
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

If Doflamingo can pull his people puppets trick on someone as big as Moira, it's game over on the spot. Of course, Moira could probably shadow-swap out of it. It's hard to say how such a contest would go.

At best any timeskip may be a month or two. Losing nearly a year to the other rookies would leave them hard-pressed to catch up.
Old 2010-04-12, 11:39   Link #32
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I wonder if Doflamingo is going to get Moria to fight his own shadow or something.

As much as I don't like the thought of Dofla killing Moria, I've gotta admit that the idea of him forcing Moria to fight against his own shadow is absolutely insane and I would LOVE to see that. I'd especially love to see the look on Dofla's face when the Doppelman is about to finish off a half-dead Moria, but turns around and aims the final blow at him instead. I can totally see Moria messing around with his opponents like that.
Old 2010-04-12, 11:44   Link #33
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Since we know that Doflamingo uses strings to control his victims, he is probably a string man. I wonder if he can break down his body like Jolyne Kujo's Stone Free.

We won't know what will happen, but the two off them will probably enjoy killing each other.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2010-04-12 at 11:56.
Old 2010-04-12, 11:55   Link #34
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
2. It would destroy my hopes of me creating descendants for Luffy and Nami.
Well, Luffy is a pirate, so nothing is preventing him getting his jollies from both Hancock and Nami....

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
We won't know what will happen, but the two off them will probably enjoy killing each other.
And we will enjoy it even more .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
So we have James' favorite warlord (Doflamingo) vs. marvelB's favorite warlord (Moria). Place your bets, folks .
LOL, I like that description .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
In all seriousness, the Moria haters should wait and see how this plays out. I remember how those same people claimed Moria got OHKO'd by Jimbei, and we all know how that turned out. Don't dismiss the guy as dead just yet.
Well, Moria was WTFKO'd by Jinbei...he simply got better during the course of the war .
Old 2010-04-12, 13:28   Link #35
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
How is One Piece not the best selling manga, One Piece is the only of the Big 3 that can still be interesting whilst no fight is actually going on.

@Aliasxn Her love/woman's intuition. Don't question the logic or flaws, love is like The Force, it overcomes your mortal logic.
The current volume of One Piece that just went on sale last month broke all records.

Blackbeard.D.Kuma
Quote:

Moria did get OHKO'ed, but he got back up. But if it is 1 thing he does well, is he can take serious amounts of punishment and still get back up in very short time.

This'll be very interesting. Moria vs DoFlamingo. I wonder where the setting for this battle is, maybe Moria will get a chance to try out his new Oars Jr zombie corpse???

My liking for DoFlamingo went through the roof during the war ( except for when he cut off Oars Jr's leg, i hate him for that). He just laughs alot, he is so laid back, he plays around. He's clearly alot stronger than i thought, if he has been sent to finish off Moria. But still, Moria is a tough mofo. He isn't going down easy.
Old 2010-04-12, 13:30   Link #36
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Of course, I'd prefer her to be female, as well (I think Iva and Bon Clay alone are good enough for major okama characters). As for her being a midget...... well, it's certainly an interesting thought, I guess. But then again, she could be a giant hot chick like Aphelandra. Just gotta wait and see, I suppose.....
Giant hot chick? Clearly she isn't. Look at the silohoutte of the yonkou back when Garp was talkin about em. Its safe to assume "big mom" is the one with that huge freaky ass grin and the large face, just below Shanks.
Old 2010-04-12, 14:10   Link #37
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Judging by this pic from the manga, I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume which one is Big Mom (top) and which one is Kaidou (bottom).

Old 2010-04-12, 14:16   Link #38
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Nah, Moria ain't gonna die. He sure as hell didn't go down when Jinbei fought him, so why should it be so different with Dofla? Okay, so the latter is a bit more ruthless, but I don't really consider that a strong enough excuse since all Moria would need to do to kill just about anyone would be to swipe their shadows out in broad daylight.....
Moria was defeated by the Straw Hat Pirates

THE STRAW HAT PIRATES! Do you honestly not know what someone like Akainu or Mihawk would do to the Strawhats? Probably take the whole team out in one blow.

Face it, the only Warlord weaker than Moria is Crocodile. With the second part of One Piece having just started Oda needs to jettison the weak villains to make the strong villains look cool.
Old 2010-04-12, 14:27   Link #39
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Moria was defeated by the Straw Hat Pirates

THE STRAW HAT PIRATES! Do you honestly not know what someone like Akainu or Mihawk would do to the Strawhats? Probably take the whole team out in one blow.

Face it, the only Warlord weaker than Moria is Crocodile. With the second part of One Piece having just started Oda needs to jettison the weak villains to make the strong villains look cool.
It took the combined power of the SH's, and then Nightmare Luffy to defeat Moria. Moria fought against Kaidou many years ago, he might of lost, but it speaks volumes about just how strong he actually is. He is not weak by any means, probably a little lazy judging by how much weight he gained since his rookie days..
Old 2010-04-12, 15:10   Link #40
Kallen4life

Crocodile was pretty damn good @ Marineford .. if it wasn't for the pretty ridiculous liquid weakness (a bit of blood on your fist and you're all set) he'd be a top-tier guy in OP IMHO
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Closed Thread