Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-04-28, 01:21   Link #1
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Te to Kuchi

Has anyone read the prologue? It's drawn by the same guy who made Ichigo 100% and Ane Doki. However, the author is Oosaki Tomohito so can't really expect much fanservice... there wasn't anything of the sort in the prologue either. The title of the series translates to Hand or Mouth. Whatever that means.

The first chapter comes out on May 2 Jump Sq so we can expect it soon.
Old 2013-04-28, 04:44   Link #2
backbone
Banned

Is it just me or that the storytelling style of this manga seems closer to shojo than shounen?
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 04:52   Link #3
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Is it just me or that the storytelling style of this manga seems closer to shojo than shounen?
That's kinda usual on the stuff that Kawashita works with. I wonder if she really doesn't have anything to do with the script? I like her works, but her take on plots which are sometimes joke driven feels kinda awkward by today's standards.

4 years later? That would mean that the main girl is married to someone else?........ I'm digging it already

Oh, and "hand to mouth" was an old saying for something like "living the easy life", it was a play on something like "the only worry was to grab food & eat it" (like some emperors from old lived), dunno if it has anything to do with the title.
Old 2013-04-28, 07:27   Link #4
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I just hope the plot isn't so much of a rage inducer. Last I had was Ane Doki and even that still makes me rage for some reason

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 00:55   Link #5
MAX_COLA_POWER!

We may be hearing from vansonbee soon since he liked Ichigo 100%
Old 2013-05-01, 01:00   Link #6
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Oh, gee i like the art.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 01:04   Link #7
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
I just hope the plot isn't so much of a rage inducer. Last I had was Ane Doki and even that still makes me rage for some reason
Kawashita Mizuki is only the illustrator this time. She has nothing to do with the story for this one.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 03:03   Link #8
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Kawashita Mizuki is only the illustrator this time. She has nothing to do with the story for this one.
Realized that. Took a look at the one shot and pretty liked it. Gotta start hoping I can keep liking it enough to continue reading.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 03:56   Link #9
Xion Valkyrie

Chapter one came out. There's some really blatant fanservice in there for people who thought there weren't going to be any fanservice.

The characters, story, and setting are all really well done. The action scenes are well drawn too. Looking forward to seeing more updates. Is this a weekly or a monthly?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 04:16   Link #10
Johnny
Working the bags...

Seems like they either got some bad response or planned to ditch the married bit from the prologue. Not a bad idea imo. The rest look pretty good and the mouth of the south seems to have had a tragic past as well...

IIRC it's running monthly in Jump Square...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 05:16   Link #11
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Chapter one came out. There's some really blatant fanservice in there for people who thought there weren't going to be any fanservice.

The characters, story, and setting are all really well done. The action scenes are well drawn too. Looking forward to seeing more updates. Is this a weekly or a monthly?
Seems monthly. The prologue was just a special chapter in Weekly SJ to promote it from Jump SQ.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 05:32   Link #12
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Seems like they either got some bad response or planned to ditch the married bit from the prologue.
Nah, it has been said that when a series starts there are already +3 chapters ahead before publication work wise, so the marriage deal was probably there to create false hype from the beginning (and it worked).

Also, I realized that the "Hand & Mouth" thing from the title is probably a reference to how the characters solve their problems, Rie by using muscle & Shusuke by using brains. Yes, it only took me like half a week to realize the most obvious point of the series
Old 2013-05-01, 09:51   Link #13
ShiroiRyu

Hopefully, we can have a better story than the Ichigo 100% and Hatsukoi Limited ones.
Yep, i love the drawing but hey, she was not that good for the story.
Old 2013-05-01, 13:06   Link #14
Freeter
beyond

Kawashita going the action route with an actual writer this time around? Maybe this one will fare better than her previous works.

If she gets desperate she can always make a Nishino lookalike with a sword
Old 2013-05-01, 14:17   Link #15
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Nah, it has been said that when a series starts there are already +3 chapters ahead before publication work wise, so the marriage deal was probably there to create false hype from the beginning (and it worked).

Also, I realized that the "Hand & Mouth" thing from the title is probably a reference to how the characters solve their problems, Rie by using muscle & Shusuke by using brains. Yes, it only took me like half a week to realize the most obvious point of the series
Are we sure the marriage bit has been changed? The chapter 0 I read was listed as a prologue set a couple of years in the past compared to chapter 1.

Isn't it possible that Rei was indeed arranged to be married into the Tokugawa family, but something went awry in those couple of years, which is what led her to the life full of poverty and debt she has now?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 14:31   Link #16
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Are we sure the marriage bit has been changed?

Isn't it possible that Rei was indeed arranged to be married into the Tokugawa family, but something went awry in those couple of years, which is what led her to the life full of poverty and debt she has now?
We are speaking of an "script" perspective, Johnny saying that the writer changed it on the get go, and me saying that it was planned from the start.

Storyline wise, it was pointed out that her omai fell apart when her family lost their status, there is no doubt about that.
Old 2013-05-01, 15:08   Link #17
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Hopefully, we can have a better story than the Ichigo 100% and Hatsukoi Limited ones.
Yep, i love the drawing but hey, she was not that good for the story.
As pointed out earlier, Kawashita isn't writing the plot so that shouldn't be hard. Now if Oh!Great and Kubo Tite could take this advice....
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 15:17   Link #18
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
As pointed out earlier, Kawashita isn't writing the plot so that shouldn't be hard. Now if Oh!Great and Kubo Tite could take this advice....
Oh!Great already has a new serialization with someone else writing. Kubo will never take the advice because he is KUBO
Old 2013-05-01, 15:25   Link #19
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Are we sure the marriage bit has been changed? The chapter 0 I read was listed as a prologue set a couple of years in the past compared to chapter 1.

Shusuke's dad said the engagement was canceled, so they never got married to begin with.

Also, the writer they have for this, Oosaki Tomohito, seems to have done writing for the light novels of Nurarihyon no Mago and some Gintama stuff,
so this Edo period story seems like a good fit.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 17:42   Link #20
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Oh!Great already has a new serialization with someone else writing. Kubo will never take the advice because he is KUBO
Oh? Neat, what is it called?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edo setting