Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-21, 04:23   Link #41
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis
Any romance concept incorporated into this anime?
There are several points where boyxgirl come into play, of course for poor Ken Robbins the words "He's not my boyfriend..." by Sora should count as tragic comedy

It's there but usually not the focus of the show unless there is an episode dedicated to it
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 04:27   Link #42
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator
I've never heard of any other OVA being announced. Source?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=5659

I can't help but think that they're teasing a 3rd season of Kaleido Star whenever they mention Ken's burning dreams.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 12:02   Link #43
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=5659

I can't help but think that they're teasing a 3rd season of Kaleido Star whenever they mention Ken's burning dreams.
I've seen that before, but I've never seen where they got that (apparently quite limited) information from. I always assumed nothing would come of it, since there's so little information and I've never seen it mentioned in more than two places... not to mention that this limited information surfaced -before- the Layla OVA.
Old 2006-01-31, 22:27   Link #44
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Well I just completed Kaleido Star and I must say it is brilliant. Junichi Sato really knows his way around, having been an important staff member (mostly director and storyboard) of most (if not all) of the animated Sailor Moon series.

I even found myself liking May and Leon along the way (who I despised at the start).

My favourite characters would be (excluding Sora):

Rosetta
Layla
Mia
Anna
Yuri
Ken
Fool

Actually I don't think I really disliked any character when the end of the show came around, it's truly a great series.

The powerful bond between Sora and Layla and their relationship is marvelous.

The Japanese voice acting was top-notch, the music was top-notch (Mina Kubota, the woman behind the Kannaduki no Miko OST and the composer of ARIA's OP Undine), the imagery was outstanding, the story was excellent. I could use all sorts of positive adjectives to describe every point of the series.

I was grabbed from episode one and the ride never stopped from there. There were some truly moving parts in the series.

Eh... now I sound like a maniac

I would recommend this to just about anyone. I didn't think this'd be my cup of tea but what do you know? It's now somewhere in my favourite anime list (and it's ranked VERY HIGH). It's basically Comedy and Drama (I would also add Action/Adventure in there too).

PS: Rosetta pwnz.
Old 2006-02-01, 13:21   Link #45
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
Well I just completed Kaleido Star and I must say it is brilliant.
I'm just about finished with it, and I agree completely. I've especially liked the second season, with its many twists and turns. It was fabulous how Sora tried to become the "true star" following Layla's path and suffered through all the disillusionment before she found her own way. You don't see that story told nearly as often as it should be.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 01:59   Link #46
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i would like to just say if u havnt purchased the kaleido star first season box set at is unbelievably generous price, you are missing out big time.

this is a must for any collectors collection.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 23:05   Link #47
Syche
Sniper

Can anyone spoil the ending? *__* I'm dying to hear it....
Syche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 02:25   Link #48
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syche
Spoiler:

To be serious - I'm not going to ruin the enjoyment of the series by just telling you how it all ends.
Old 2006-04-11, 02:46   Link #49
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
You don't want to be spoiled. It has one of the best endings in recent anime, and I'm sure you do not want to be disappointed by knowing how it ends. All I can say is, it moved me to tears of joy and happiness - a real "feel-good" warmth in my heart.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 04:05   Link #50
Kuon
Were you seeing a dream?

I agree, the ending was really good compared to most anime, and the insert song 'Ray of Light' fit the mood perfectly
Kuon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 06:58   Link #51
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
The ending is...

Spoiler:

Seriously, half the fun is getting there because it comes after the girl has to overcome yet another near impossible challenge. If they had stopped there it would have been good, but her last act for the season was another level above that.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 00:20   Link #52
dojikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
There are several points where boyxgirl come into play, of course for poor Ken Robbins the words "He's not my boyfriend..." by Sora should count as tragic comedy

It's there but usually not the focus of the show unless there is an episode dedicated to it
That is one of my favorite things about this series. I don't see the need to have every female lead look for love. Generally speaking this series is pretty predictable but it does a good job of not following the formulas too closely.

Hopefully, the second season gets better after volume 2 though. Leon feels like a retread of some themes from the first season and May is just too cartoony. Kaleido Star (even during the first season) gets pretty cheesy at times and May doesn't help by calling out her moves and growling at Sora.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 20:55   Link #53
Niamh

Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh
I love Kaleido Star. My friend got it for me when he went to Vietnam. It was obviously a boot-leg copy, though. The english subtitles often didn't make sense and most of the second season's subtitles were in chinese, so I definitley want to get a better copy so I can see the whole story.
THe animation is beautiful and the circus scenes were amazingly choreographed. The only thing that bugged me was Sora's hair. I wish it had more movement, but other than that, everything was great!
Niamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 00:14   Link #54
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

If you want to replace the first season, ADV is currently selling their thinpak release of it for $30 on their own site (in the current limited time sale).
Old 2006-04-16, 11:26   Link #55
Niamh

Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh
Quote:
If you want to replace the first season, ADV is currently selling their thinpak release of it for $30 on their own site (in the current limited time sale).
*Gasp* Thank you so much! *Runs to buy it*
Niamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 07:11   Link #56
Syche
Sniper

Quote:
Spoiler:
To be serious - I'm not going to ruin the enjoyment of the series by just telling you how it all ends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
You don't want to be spoiled. It has one of the best endings in recent anime, and I'm sure you do not want to be disappointed by knowing how it ends. All I can say is, it moved me to tears of joy and happiness - a real "feel-good" warmth in my heart.
No... I seriously want to know. It's aired in our country, but because of my uber hectic schedule... I won't be able to see the ending... and it would disturb me really badly not to know it....
Old 2006-05-02, 09:22   Link #57
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
No... I seriously want to know. It's aired in our country, but because of my uber hectic schedule... I won't be able to see the ending... and it would disturb me really badly not to know it....
Then why not just pick up a copy of it and watch it on DVD at your leisure? Regardless of what point you consider the ending, it'll all be released in R1 soon, and it has completed releases in many Asian markets.
Old 2006-05-03, 06:33   Link #58
Syche
Sniper

Nevermind. I just spoiled myself somewhere.... Still... it would be nice to see the episode, amidst the annoying reviews.
Old 2006-05-24, 09:41   Link #59
Haruhara

I just finished watching the first season, and wow that was a magical ending. I was literally in tears. I havn't been so deeply moved by a scene like this for a while.

I was a little upset that it ended so suddenly as if they just pulled the plug. I know theres a whole second season after this but I think I'll wait for the thinpack set before I see it.

On that note, how is the second season in comparison? I'm sure it'll be just as good but I've heard that it's quite different somehow.

My favourite characters were Sora, Rossetta and Layla.
Also, despite the fact that I hated them at first, towards the end I fell in love with Charlotte and Julie (thats their names right?) the pair who are always full of themselves. Will they be showing up more often or not? I don't recall ever actually seeing them perform.
Haruhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 06:53   Link #60
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i thnk charlotte and julie were jumping on the trampolines when sora first joined? it was so long ago i dont remember. there are only 2 or 3 dvds released of the 2nd season so far, so im still waiting to start getting them. its a shame though, the 2nd season doesnt seem to have been well recieved yet.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote