AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-25, 18:37   Link #2341
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Am i the only one here who's surprised at the fact that cliché manga like "Lock-On!", currently is receiving higher ratings then Gintama, Medaka Box and Psyren?
Well, remember that clichés are used often because they ARE popular with the mainstream market even if we think it's totally overused.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 18:59   Link #2342
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Am i the only one here who's surprised at the fact that cliché manga like "Lock-On!", currently is receiving higher ratings then Gintama, Medaka Box and Psyren?
Don't act like MB and Psyren are filled with originality. Don't worry people are probably just giving it a chance, if it stays like this I'm expecting the ratings to drop fast(though this is mere speculation on my part, hence I have no idea what the Japanese public thinks).
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 19:08   Link #2343
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Don't act like MB and Psyren are filled with originality. Don't worry people are probably just giving it a chance, if it stays like this I'm expecting the ratings to drop fast(though this is mere speculation on my part, hence I have no idea what the Japanese public thinks).
They don't contain originality but you can at least recognize potential in those series where Lock-On! doesn't attract me in the slightest to the point that i'm wondering if the author actually has a certain destination in mind to go with this story.

If you or anyone else would ask me what i see in Lock-on, they would receive this response: It's about a guy with a camera who tries to take pictures from your nowadays tsundere. Mainly this, because i don't see anything else beyond this to be honest.

Even Hitman reborn which started out as a gag manga, at least had "something" to keep readers satisfied....
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 19:22   Link #2344
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I actually enjoy Lock-On! myself... at times anyway. It has some good stuff and some potential, but a few chapters have fallen flat. The problem with it is as you said-- it's really shallow so far. It hasn't done much of anything in it's first 9 chapters or so. Then again, neither did MB.
Old 2010-04-25, 19:54   Link #2345
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
The problem with it is as you said-- it's really shallow so far. It hasn't done much of anything in it's first 9 chapters or so. Then again, neither did MB.
I wouldn't worry, from experience we know that it'll become your usual manga full with fights seeing how martial arts is involved and the guy's special eye .

Point is, MB didn't do much in the first chapters but there was a great set up with characters who's personality could be developed into any direction like making Zen losing any interest in Medaka (too bad author didn't go for this) and us reading a story where he regains this to show us why he liked her in the past for example.

It's a bit different in Lock On!, simular it has two main characters like MB but you know that she'll eventually like Sanada so there are no surprises here where we are still wondering if Medaka would develop one day feelings for Zen. That's along with the other stuff attracts me as reader to MB.

Last edited by Lummie; 2010-04-25 at 20:05.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 22:49   Link #2346
Xion Valkyrie

Huh, without her glasses, Kikaijima looks a lot like Medaka. I thought it was Medaka at first glance >.>
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 04:19   Link #2347
Kagekyuubi

I'm hoping to see a spin-off featuring Munakata. For all the little screentime he's had, he's still the most interesting character in this series so far.
Kagekyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 04:33   Link #2348
Wrath88
Kissing...

Munakata?
1. Coping with life among the others. (I wanna kill!!!!)
2. Making friends.

Can't think of any more.
Old 2010-04-26, 07:10   Link #2349
Last Carpet

I wonder where they're going with the series after the end of the Flask Plan. It'd be great if we delved deeper into the 13 Party's characters, especially the Plus 6.

Aside from them, Zenkichi would be the obvious choice to delve into. I seriously doubt they can destroy the Flask Plan, maybe slow it down, but not destroy it. And I'm sure their going to come for him when they're done with Medaka.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 11:00   Link #2350
ziggi92

I think Flask plan is main target Zenkichi is main target of Flask plan because it main reason is to make normal into abnormal so I cannot se why they are after Medaka who is already abnormal and also I think that comming chapters will be on Zenkichi and student council and it starts with Battle b Zenkichi vs the King and after that will be Medaka vs Zenkichi because everytime someone get brainwashed even it is main character they always end up fighting to most important friend like Zenkichi and between the King fight and Medaka fight Zenkichi will change into Abnormal.
ziggi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 12:38   Link #2351
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^ You think Zenkichi´s power lvl will go OVER 9000?????????????

me no likey D:
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 13:25   Link #2352
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think they're trying to get data on the perfect abnormal, as they've said already, but also to integrate the "perfect abnormality" into a normal person (most likely Zenkichi)...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 14:02   Link #2353
KLGChaos
The Shermain

The problem is, with people like Kikaijima able to hold her breath for a month, which to me is just as abnormal as someone who can melt iron balls with an acid touch, it's kind of hard to see how exactly they're going to pull this off.

Personally, I consider Zenkichi abnormal already, with the way he can create earthquakes underground just by stomping.

But, then again, as Kujira said, it's not their abilities that make them abnormal, but the personality behind it. So basically, the Chairman doesn't want to make a bunch of geniuses... he wants to make a bunch with people with mental health issues.
Old 2010-04-26, 20:43   Link #2354
ziggi92

Maybe Zenkichi personality hides abnormal and I think one reason he hided is because of Medaka and her over personality that can over come everything and also he don't want compare with Medaka but also the curse of abnormal is the loneliness where every abnormal are searching their partner like The King thinks of Medaka and also The Rabbit and her love for The King also another one is medaka brother maguro and his love for his both sisters.
And also even the most hate people like medaka sister has partner or toy.
Then their is Chairman grand daugther who is abnormal by every mean has friend who she cares about Medaka so I think every abnormal wants to be part of something but cannot because of abnormal powers.
Old 2010-04-26, 20:48   Link #2355
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggi92 View Post
Maybe Zenkichi personality hides abnormal and I think one reason he hided is because of Medaka and her over personality that can over come everything and also he don't want compare with Medaka but also the curse of abnormal is the loneliness where every abnormal are searching their partner like The King thinks of Medaka and also The Rabbit and her love for The King also another one is medaka brother maguro and his love for his both sisters.
And also even the most hate people like medaka sister has partner or toy.
Then their is Chairman grand daugther who is abnormal by every mean has friend who she cares about Medaka so I think every abnormal wants to be part of something but cannot because of abnormal powers.
Zenkichi's abnormality is that he's normal... yet keeps up with Medaka at every turn; he can withstand The King's voice after a night of training, can move even after getting impaled, and beat Akune during the judo lesson when Medaka asked him to. You get her unhappy, and he becomes more capable than just about anyone else there... up to a point.

Plus, That Bitch (also known as Shiranui) can't stand Medaka - that was in the early chapters. The person she may feel fondness for (if in a pet-like way, if not necessarily a friend-like way) is Zenkichi. The Abnormals' abnormality seems to be less raw ability and more the drive and willpower to push that ability to an extreme level - where 'normal' people can pound through locked gates (Akune) or vibrate whole rooms with their voice (Kikaijima), and the abnormals can literally shapeshift or warp their bodies (like the +6), we've got odd people like Zenkichi who are supposedly normal... but then have the willpower that makes them on a level akin to the Abnormals who the Flask Plan want to make everyone into.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 17:40   Link #2356
ziggi92

When will come new raw chapter come ?
Old 2010-04-29, 18:18   Link #2357
kagato3

not till next week it's golden week
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 16:18   Link #2358
ziggi92

when will come next scan chapter ?
Old 2010-05-02, 16:40   Link #2359
Jze0
Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggi92 View Post
when will come next scan chapter ?
Be patient, I'm pretty sure cxc and imangascan are working it. Also be mindful that they're doing this out of they're own free will and don't necessarily have to release anything, so please understand. Plus, there isn't an exact timeline when they release stuff anyway.
Old 2010-05-04, 09:58   Link #2360
Last Carpet

Hmm.....Kujira/Naze erased her own memories but they started to resurface after meeting Maguro.

Maybe Zenkichi can do the same thing with Medaka. If anyone can jog her memory by just being there, I'd bet on the boy she's dragged around with her for thirteen years. Usually it'd take a powerful shock to force memories back. He said he wants to protect her from emotional harm, but I wonder if Zenkichi will bring up the whole Kumagawa ordeal to bring her memories back?

Zenkichi said that she "forced him to leave the school" but in her fight with Unzen she tried to kill him. Since that was her first shift into Perses Mode I'd expect that Medaka tried to kill Misogi. But we really don't know what happened to him. I hope he shows up in the story, he's like Medaka's opposite. Someone who never loses, against someone who never wins. Medaka always says "something terrible must've happened to you for you to end up like this". She's always used that as her backing to try and help someone. But she really couldn't help Misogi, who was nothing like the others she helped. Who always lost, who always failed at whatever he did, who always saw and absorbed the bad aspects in people (which probably includes Medaka)

I bet helping her remember her first defeat, realizing that she couldn't help him, would probably be a sufficient shock to get her memories back.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council