Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-23, 12:48   Link #1041
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I've forgotten, did they invade anyone? I thought they were practically a city-state. I mean, it's in the name. Big City. And everyone's treating it like Reme only needs to invade one city for the war to be over.
Chapter 136.
Between Magnoshutatt and Kingdom of Actia, there were several smaller nations but majority of them have been invaded and absorbed by Magnoshutatt, growing its borders all the up to the northern tip of Actia's borders.

In matter of 10 something years, Magnoshutatt's size grew multifold.
The capital Magnoshutatt is a city-state, but it owns a much larger land beyond its gates.
Old 2013-01-23, 12:48   Link #1042
Yaskaleh

In the "arc" with the mind controlled children the gaurds of the city invovled said that Magnoshutatt had invaded and taken over several small states around Magnoshutatt.
Yaskaleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 16:33   Link #1043
marvelB

Huh, kinda surprised nobody posted about the translation for 171 yet:

Spoiler for Magi 171:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 16:44   Link #1044
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Chapter 136.
Between Magnoshutatt and Kingdom of Actia, there were several smaller nations but majority of them have been invaded and absorbed by Magnoshutatt, growing its borders all the up to the northern tip of Actia's borders.

In matter of 10 something years, Magnoshutatt's size grew multifold.
The capital Magnoshutatt is a city-state, but it owns a much larger land beyond its gates.
Its interesting that Magnoblah is Isreal, never thought of that.

anyway, with the whole invading and expanding territory thing. . .I hope you don't think that rome. . .er laem didn't just appear overnight without invading anyone either, especially to get that size. . .

hmm....

Of course mangoblah isnt "innocent" but that's still no justification for schezerblah to invade them either.

I think Dumbledouche is an ass and is definitely wrong in how hes treating the goi(ever heard of peaceful transition ffs?) but that's really got nothing to do with and unprovoked war: captured spy decides to stay in the spyee's country, so so spy's original country goes to war over that? that's pretty damn silly, and that wouldn't fly in the real world. . . .

you'd have to make up some lie about wmd's or something for that to work

also I find it strange that it seemed that the Kou empire was going to invade magnoblah anyway but leam got their first.

I still want to see Kou wipe out laem while their army is at magno, and come behind after the war and take over both of them...

that would be. . .awesome?

it would be like: "OK no more douchebaggery from the two of you, you are now Chines...err Kouneese now"
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 17:06   Link #1045
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
I think Dumbledouche is an ass and is definitely wrong in how hes treating the goi(ever heard of peaceful transition ffs?)
I don't know how much of what he said is true, but according to him, they tried to be peaceful. He's lived for decades doing whatever was asked of him, serving when he was convenient, being thrown away and living in squalor when he wasn't. All he got for it was a dead wife and daughter. I can understand why he wouldn't want to give the nobility a chance to get back in power.

As for the rest of the goi - that's a more complicated question. Are they worse off under him than under the previous rulers? Can they leave if they want?

Quote:
but that's really got nothing to do with and unprovoked war: captured spy decides to stay in the spyee's country, so so spy's original country goes to war over that? that's pretty damn silly, and that wouldn't fly in the real world. . . .
They live in a world where "it's there" is justification enough. Even Hakuei Ren, who's portrayed very sympathetically, seemed to think so. And don't tell me we weren't like that, not so long ago.

Quote:
it would be like: "OK no more douchebaggery from the two of you, you are now Chines...err Kouneese now"
What, you think they're any nicer?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 19:02   Link #1046
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Huh, kinda surprised nobody posted about the translation for 171 yet:

Spoiler for Magi 171:
Chapter is out, doesn't look like Mu hates Titus as an artificial being. Rather, it sounds like he and all Fanalis are 'unnatural' beings as well, maybe because the law of the world works differently in the dark continent and the current side? He also refers Titus as Sir Scheherazade, denying Titus as a person.

Aladdin about to unleash his magi power after 40 or so chapters, with all the knowledge he gained, how powerful will he be? With Aladdin now on the frontlines, I see Alibaba meeting up or a conversation with Scheherazade as fellow magis in the next chapter.
Old 2013-01-27, 19:05   Link #1047
Xacual

The best thing I took from the new chapter was that at least Aladdin rightfully stayed neutral. He might have saved Titus from the Fanalis but he also destroyed the power lines to the super weapon. Now we'll probably see Alibaba show up next chapter and probably the Kou Prince's army showing up to further complicate matters.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 20:00   Link #1048
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Chapter is out, doesn't look like Mu hates Titus as an artificial being. Rather, it sounds like he and all Fanalis are 'unnatural' beings as well, maybe because the law of the world works differently in the dark continent and the current side? He also refers Titus as Sir Scheherazade, denying Titus as a person.

Yeah, finally seeing the chapter, I can see that Mu wasn't showing hatred, but he was still being cold towards Titus nonetheless. But I guess I can sort of understand his feelings since fanalis tend to be feared as barbaric monsters themselves (and who WOULDN'T think that after seeing how easily they slaughtered those enemy soldiers this chapter? ). Still, I'd figured he'd have been more sympathetic towards Titus since like him he's basically an "outcast" who was accepted by a greater authority (lolimagi in his case), but I guess not.....

Anyways, glad to see that Aladdin's not fooling around anymore since he's removing those bandages from his arms. Can't wait to see his full potential after all that time training!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 20:09   Link #1049
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Plus Scheherazade did mention that magic was an abnormality so that probably has something to do with it. So see as Mu is her first in commend I guess it would be safe to assume that she has told him stuff that she found out in her so 200 years of living.

As for this chapter I would have thought the magoi would be coming from their storages to power the WMD and that the 5 lv would be their backup. But this chapter here pretty much says it all that Matal reallly hates the goi. Funny how he pretty much doing the same thing as goi did to him. The magicians we see in page 6 to me show that they most likely don't hate the goi seeing how they looked shocked and hesitate. Even Irene wasn't too happy with what she was doing to the Lv 5s. I assume she was scared knowing that she could be killing 199,999 goi. Soo for everyone that is still alive in Lv 5 will probably curse their own fate and thus release a butt load of black rukh thus magnoshutatt will be no more.

Muron Alexius comment of Rohroh was just funny and then to comment how how she doesn't want to the fanalis to be seen as a savage race only to flip out and behead a few people and curse at them and then go back to her normal self was cute.

Also Titus looks like some artificial black rukh. Did anyone else notice that the art for this chapter was a bit off? And wouldn't this be a great time to show a flashback showing us Alibaba time which could welll happen and could span 40 chapters and then Mor could be another 40 chapters and then it would go back to where Aladdin left off. Which is soooooooo going to be cool and reveal to the school that he is a Magiiii
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 21:00   Link #1050
XFire
150% done

Crush them, Aladdin. All of them.
Old 2013-01-27, 21:23   Link #1051
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I wonder if the Magnobunch will burst out the Dark Metal Vessel any time soon and how will Aladdin will react then...

Last edited by Izayoi; 2013-01-28 at 01:26.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 22:04   Link #1052
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

After seeing the true nature of the Finalist. I'm really glad that Morgiana is not like them.
Old 2013-01-27, 22:37   Link #1053
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
After seeing the true nature of the Finalist. I'm really glad that Morgiana is not like them.
Agreed, it seems like her and Musrur don't give into the savage side that easily (for now).

And now that Aladdin is taking off his "limiter" I hope we get to see him show some kind of overwhelming power in front of the army and become a real beast. I also hope we don't get to see Alibaba meet Aladdin so soon because the moment they meet, Aladdin will likely calm down his power and stop being awesome for a bit.

Likely...in a chapter or two Magnoshutatt will start breaking out the Dark Djinn and shit.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 22:59   Link #1054
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Damn, those Fanalis warriors! Once they're in the battle, they looks more like they came from Berserker's world. This is why I prefer battle between non-magic users. They always look much more exciting, fierce and bloody!

Best page of this chapter! Muron said exactly what I thought: "I'm sure he has a boner."
Spoiler for Rohroh:

And then she show how "elegant" she is -.-
Spoiler for Muron:
Old 2013-01-27, 23:10   Link #1055
Pacify

Can't wait to see how bad ass Aladdin is now, considering how strong hes gotten with just using his own magoi
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 23:52   Link #1056
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 00:40   Link #1057
kyp275
Meh

the worst part of this chapter is that it doesn't contain the next chapter

/cast fast-forward-to-next-week
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 02:43   Link #1058
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Damn, those Fanalis warriors! Once they're in the battle, they looks more like they came from Berserker's world. This is why I prefer battle between non-magic users. They always look much more exciting, fierce and bloody!

Best page of this chapter! Muron said exactly what I thought: "I'm sure he has a boner."
Spoiler for Rohroh:

And then she show how "elegant" she is -.-
Spoiler for Muron:
They are Saiyans - plain and simple. Pink-haired, yellow-eyed Saiyans.

>.> ... and damn you, Muron...

...I knew it, I must be weird as hell - I actually thought Muron was pretty damn hawt when she yelled like that. Terrifying as all hell but... yeah...

Stupid male impulses @ 2 am ...
Old 2013-01-28, 02:59   Link #1059
konart

Muron gave me the weirdest boner herself...
Old 2013-01-28, 08:16   Link #1060
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen