AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-04-07, 23:11   Link #7881
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
How did we get onto this again from 'is this character a loli or not?'
Frankly? It's Sansker.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 23:33   Link #7882
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Which they don't have,
Yes they do. Fortis expressly stressed that Thoma would have to keep on killing from hereon out and that all of the Hucks just got used to it. They just have a way to avoid the lethal "become a clump of meat" part of their symptoms.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 00:14   Link #7883
Justin_Brett

Doesn't that only happen if they don't kill people? I thought that's what they said about it early on anyway.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 15:32   Link #7884
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

No the Eclipse became that balls of flesh no matter what. So they are really doom one way or the others. The Hucks finded a way to prevent from that but they need to keep killing or so they say. Seeing how Thoma hasn't kill anything in months and is just fine I am not that willing to believe them.
Old 2013-04-08, 15:36   Link #7885
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... no, Sansker. Barring complications from the initial infection, those who survive the infection only become lumps of flesh if they do not kill others. That's how it's been explained in the manga, and until we learn of how the Huckebein control it, that's how the infection works. No amount of "But I believe differently!" will change that.

Thoma hasn't turned into a lump of flesh because of Lily and Shamal's treatments.
Old 2013-04-08, 15:51   Link #7886
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I do remember them saying that the Eclipse Drivers will, eventually, be piles of flesh when they lost control of their regeneration abilities. That is what makes the Hückebein special, they somehow stabilized the infection and they don’t need to be afraid of becoming hamburger meat just by chance. The killing part still is needed for some reason but beyond that the Hückebein act normal, so that aggressiveness from the virus is now playful attitude that really doesn’t add up.

Thoma, again, was infected by this so call “incurable” virus. Now, Lily magically cure him with plot convenience antivirus to tie that lose end, that much is true, and it doesn’t make it any less stupid solution. And Shamal hasn’t treat Thoma at all. She did say she will, and she did seem eager to but so far that hasn’t been mention and considering Thoma is already cure from this to the point he has only the good sides of the infection without the bad sides I am calling the entire idea really pointless. I mean the resolution to that is just so anticlimactic that I wonder why the bother with it.

Interpretation is open and while I think at times they can give proper explanations I don’t see why we need to conform with that, Rising Dragon.
Old 2013-04-08, 16:39   Link #7887
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Now, Lily magically cure him with plot convenience antivirus to tie that lose end, that much is true, and it doesn’t make it any less stupid solution.
Only when Lily is around.
Old 2013-04-08, 19:44   Link #7888
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

And Shamal's treatement has being referenced several times. Tohma even talked about it with the imprissioned Carter Grendel.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 22:14   Link #7889
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Again, they offer some treatment and help. They never say we find the cure because, if I may say, Thoma will be cure and unable to use a Divider. Eclipse Drivers can use them, mages can't. Besides I think is clear by now that the Eclipse isn't what they have been selling. Aside from Thoma at first all Eclipse Drivers so far seem really able to think and control their impulses. I mean Dego was an idiot and a violent murder but he didn't lose her mind to rage and go out killing without any kind of purpose. The Grendels can't kill even if their lives depend on it and the Hückebein are now good guys. Quick line cover ups and actually referring something is not quite the same, but really I guess any generic treatment can cure Eclipse, is not like is the focus of the story, right? The Hückebein are.

I don’t mind they finding a cure is just that this happens so easily. One day the Eclipse is big news and a problem, now is easier to cure than a cold. Not the best kind of super virus, right?
Old 2013-04-08, 23:09   Link #7890
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

So I've just read Get Away 3 and have a few tiny things to say~

1) How come I feel like the art quality's dropped? Some of the body angles when they fight looked weird, and their expression now looked slightly... Vivid (mouth open...).

2) So one of Karen's abilities is to... turn into a little girl? It's not like I can't see its usefulness - actually it IS very useful in or out of battle - but again, feels like fan service.

3) I forgot his name but basically Karen is very worried that cocky guy CEO would find out Thoma's Zero Divider secrets and copy them for himself. This probably means that he either has the ability to copy/steal another person's skills (after understanding how they work), or simply has the resources and technology to do it.

At this point I deduce that the CEO guy's reason to let himself get caught is so he can monitor Thoma and Lily. He was also happy that the TSAB is starting to catch up on the technology to counter the EC virus, and I deduce that is because the Huckebein would be a lot more cautious and would not be able to interfere with his plans as much as they did before.
Old 2013-04-08, 23:14   Link #7891
Justin_Brett

Oh, he's Blackbeard, not Aizen, okay.
Old 2013-04-08, 23:14   Link #7892
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well on the first one the art in Force can be really mediocre at times, so there is that.

Second, I already say what I think about it.

Third, no really. Hades, the Vandin CEO, created Thoma's Divider and Lily. They were trying to find an user and Thoma just happens to be one. However Vandin can make Replica Dividers that happens to do what normal Dividers, like the Huck's ones, can do but they are copies. The 9XX series of this things was made by Vandin. What he is up to or why the Hucks want to stop him hasn't been explain yet.
Old 2013-04-09, 00:23   Link #7893
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Except for the ones used by Vandin himself Replica Dividers seems to be a bit less powerfull/effective than true Dividers. I mean, the Grendels at first seemed to put up a fight against the Forwards and the Force Trio/P-Team but then Cypha came and mopped the floor with their Ace Attacker like no one's bussines xDU

And there's also Veyron beating the everloving tar out of a Full Powered Dego without even having a reactor himself. Maybe Hardis gave low tier copies to his minions and keep the more faithfull and stronger replicas to himself?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 01:17   Link #7894
Kurohane

^ that wouldn't be surprising.

Also, he tried to get at Sonica again in chapter 29. Sonica seems to have no combat abilities and lacks a reactor, and divider, making her more vunerable. However, Veyron butted in and protected her at the cost of his heart, again showing the Hucks are a family that looks out for one another. Vardis has been showing interest in her during this whole incident for reasons I don't know. I can't read japanese. Curren warned Fate about Vardis' aims however, so SS6 has more reason to be wary of him, even if he's in a cell.

Interestingly, Curren's injurys healed instantly after changing forms. Maybe that form is for recovering and conserving energy, like Maya Natsumi's child form from Tenho Tenge. I don't know what Aki meant before by her taking SS6 out. Fate and Subaru seemed okay after the explosion. Curren seemed to do that to present a way to escape than hurting anyone.
Old 2013-04-09, 07:18   Link #7895
Justin_Brett

I assumed that because of a page missing, and because she's already one shotted people before. Should have known they wouldn't have her do that to Fate, though.

Seemed like her injury had pretty much healed itself at that point (so, in like a couple seconds), plus she's just kinda hanging out like that at the moment.
Old 2013-04-09, 13:20   Link #7896
Kurohane

No a couple of panels before that with her and Sonica, she still had those cuts in her stomach. Of course, she's still like that. You imagine the amount of energy she used in this operation alone.
Old 2013-04-09, 13:30   Link #7897
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well we don’t have room to compare the Dividers with the replicas because the last ones are use by idiots. Just look at Dego, Martin and the Grendel family. So aside from Hades any semi-competent Eclipse Driver is in the Hückebein family. And Thoma can’t do anything by himself so I guess you know where I put him.
Old 2013-04-09, 22:37   Link #7898
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
New Force chapter out.

So yeah, the Bureau are kinda prejudiced. "We see all you guys as the same, even if you're clearly not working together!"

Makes me wonder how much of the stuff the TSAB blame the Huckebein for were actually done by the Huckebein.
Old 2013-04-09, 22:52   Link #7899
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
New Force chapter out.

So yeah, the Bureau are kinda prejudiced. "We see all you guys as the same, even if you're clearly not working together!"

Makes me wonder how much of the stuff the TSAB blame the Huckebein for were actually done by the Huckebein.
It's Signum.... if it was Touma, he'd see them separately.
Old 2013-04-09, 23:14   Link #7900
Justin_Brett

Wouldn't Touma want Cypha to lose if he's so concerned about her?

Tags
manga, nanoha force