AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-09-13, 18:58   Link #501
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
If Kaisos is right, and if the PV is intentionally misleading, then that's on the PV at least as much as it is on the people who are mislead by it.
Ishihara knew some people would get the wrong impression and tried to prevent that. He also knew no matter what he did, people would still try to think of it as an action show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
The action in the latest PV was amazing.
Ishihara: When we made the PV, I wanted to make it very thrilling. The whole concept was "The thrill of chuunibyou." (laughs) But to make sure the audience didn't get confused that it's a type of alternate world battle show, we made sure to show the characters over-acting and included a lot of gag scenes too. The anime itself is an entertaining and enjoyable romantic comedy. I think after seeing the first episode, people will say "What the?! This is just an ordinary romantic comedy!" (laughs)

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 20:19   Link #502
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
To anyone, especially a casual, taking the first pv in the face value, it would be easy to mistake it for urban fantasy show. But to anyone familiar with the codes of the genre, it is not hard to realize that something is off, especially the contrast between the action scenes and the more mundaneones. To me, it took that small bit at the train station to realize it, and remembering where I have seen the Chu2 term before, that was a frequent accusation thrown at Kinoko Nasu. And then I compared it to recent example in anime, like steins gate and haganai, and that gag in Nichibros. Because it's only recently that I found out the term.
Old 2012-09-13, 23:16   Link #503
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

The vibe I get from this series in terms of moe, is gonna be like K-ON, but with guys in it as well.
Old 2012-09-13, 23:24   Link #504
Midonin
Last Engage

"Like K-ON!", to me, implies a lot of things, and not just the superficial ones. And yet the term is thrown around a lot. There are plenty of other series to use as a baseline.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 23:46   Link #505
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
"Like K-ON!", to me, implies a lot of things, and not just the superficial ones. And yet the term is thrown around a lot. There are plenty of other series to use as a baseline.
I suppose I should clarify myself then. When I said "like K-ON", the art style is very similar to that show in terms how 'moefied' the characters are, particular the females. Of course, this is soley my own opinion so take it FWIW.
Old 2012-09-13, 23:48   Link #506
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The early notes suggest the insperation for this was Haruhi.
Old 2012-09-14, 05:45   Link #507
rulfo

dunno if posted

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 06:09   Link #508
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

However, I thought the PV was actually very accurate about its content and I'm confused how so many people got confused by the preview anyways. When I first watched it I got the distinct impression that the characters were engaging in crazy delusional fantasies, and that is without having read the synopsis. Just look how theatrical the characters are at some points where they're doing poses and the like. It's either a fantasy or the cheesiest action show ever . Furthermore there's a distinct comedic feel to it throughout the PV.

The PV brought me memories of Suzumiya ep 00. Where something about the whole "Battle waitress from the future fight over an esper against an alien" setup felt so much like a clusterfuck that it could only be a parody, or else.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 09:48   Link #509
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
dunno if posted

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
hhhngggggg

I just wanna pinch their cheeks~~~ x3
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 00:47   Link #510
Amoiro Nguyen
lazy onee-sama

I'll surely check this one out.
The novel is superb, then I'm sure the anime is gonna be good.
Old 2012-09-16, 04:02   Link #511
rulfo

BTW about the preview. Is it going to be aired at channel or is it gonna be a closed event?
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 07:23   Link #512
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Event is over. Not only did they show the first TWO episodes, but Fukuyama (Yuuta) and Ishihara (Supervisor) also came on as surprise guests. A lot of people felt the first episode was introductory, but the second episode was very entertaining. A couple of people have mentioned it's K-On! level of entertaining, which bodes well for its reception amongst Japanese fans. (This does not say that the shows are similar, but that the reception of how entertaining it is will be similar) A radio show will start in October and it will be streamed on JP Nico.

In brief, here's the main points from today:
As usual KyoAni image quality
Color palette is reminiscent of Clannad - provides a nice feeling
Battle scenes are abrupt, but very cool
Very authentic to Otsu's actual locations
The gags are entertaining
Everyone's so cute
Anime-original characters start appearing in episode 2
Episode 2 differs a lot from the novel.

Last random fact: No one can comment on the OP/ED we'll be seeing as KyoAni made another set for the event screenings. Hopefully they'll be included on the BDs. (Edit: the OP was the "Promotional OP" posted earlier in the thread)

Edit: Fukuyama, the Dark Flame Master:

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-09-16 at 18:45.
Old 2012-09-16, 08:15   Link #513
Warm Mist

Gags are entertaining - Do I take this as what a stereotypical japanese person finds entertaining (i.e. something a westerner doesn't find entertaining) or as more 'globalized humor'-tier entertaining?

Battles are abrupt but cool - This is so ambiguous it hurts. I hope they're at least unique enough, can't say fights are Kyoani's strong point, but maybe they've improved a bit. I didn't really like Ishidate's fight in Clannad, but TSR fights by him and Kigami were pretty good, and some action cuts of Nichijou were rather interesting. Whatever, I'll just have to wait.

First episode is introductory - I'm bracing for "boring", "Kyoani has fallen", "they refused LB for this" and other forms of generic bashing.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 08:22   Link #514
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Guess I'll post again.

The apparent staff for the two episodes goes like this:

Episode 1: Tatsuya Ishihara and Kazumi Ikeda
Episode 2: Ishihara, Yoshiji Kigami and Chiyoko Ueno
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 08:33   Link #515
Warm Mist

Kigami was sakkan for 2, or did he just do Key animation?
Old 2012-09-16, 08:36   Link #516
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergal View Post
Kigami was sakkan for 2, or did he just do Key animation?
Kigami was Enshuu, so he played a pretty big role in that episode. Not surprising Ishihara would just do storyboards for this one.

Old 2012-09-16, 08:38   Link #517
Warm Mist

Oh okay. I was already getting excited to see Kigami doing animation direction again, that's sad.

Anyway, 2 will probably be a nice sakuga ep, I'm looking forward to it.
Old 2012-09-16, 09:38   Link #518
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Event is over. Not only did they show the first TWO episodes, but Fukuyama (Yuuta) and Ishihara (Supervisor) also came on as surprise guests. A lot of people felt the first episode was introductory, but the second episode was very entertaining. A couple of people have mentioned it's K-On! level of entertaining, which bodes well for its reception amongst Japanese fans. (This does not say that the shows are similar, but that the reception of how entertaining it is will be similar) A radio show will start in October and it will be streamed on JP Nico.

In brief, here's the main points from today:
As usual KyoAni image quality
Color palette is reminiscent of Clannad - provides a nice feeling
Battle scenes are abrupt, but very cool
Very authentic to Otsu's actual locations
The gags are entertaining
Everyone's so cute
Anime-original characters start appearing in episode 2
Episode 2 differs a lot from the novel.

Last random fact: No one can comment on the OP/ED we'll be seeing as KyoAni made another set for the event screenings. Hopefully they'll be included on the BDs. (Edit: the OP was the "Promotional OP" posted earlier in the thread)
Thanks for the detail overview. So we will be getting a different OP when Chu2Koi starts airing on TV?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 09:45   Link #519
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Thanks for the detail overview. So we will be getting a different OP when Chu2Koi starts airing on TV?
Yes. They have made that very clear. We will get the song that is in the background of the CM. They likely wanted to keep the real OP a surprise and made the other one just for these events.

Old 2012-09-17, 09:50   Link #520
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Starting on 2012/10/01 and running every Monday will be the Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! radio show, Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai~Be Enchanted in the Flames of Darkness!

The show will be hosted by the main four female seiyuu, Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi), Chinatsu Akasaki (Shinka Nibutani), Azumi Asakura (Kumin Tsuyuri), and Sumire Uesaka (Sanae Dekomori).

Promotional image:

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen