AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-18, 08:41   Link #1
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Gundam SEED DESTINY (Phase 10 Discussion)

Yup, episode 10 is out. I am sure Lynnie will be out later with more details, but for those of you hungry for some Gundam...

Spoiler:
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 08:48   Link #2
DwArD
mAnIaC

The song the fake Lacus is singing is not Fields Of Hope. Its Mizu no Akashi I think. The real Lacus sing it in GS. Anyway, can someone translate the message that is being displayed somewhere in the anime? It seems to show when the next airing time for GSD. Not so sure though....
Old 2004-12-18, 08:52   Link #3
ccardoso
Banned

After what EA has done I think PLANT should counter attack immediately. The use of nuclear weapons during the attack is unforgivable.
I hope they'll destroy the moon base and then all the mass drivers on Earth. Naturals can stay in their blue and clean world on the Earth's surface, like monekys in a zoo.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 08:53   Link #4
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 08:53   Link #5
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
The song the fake Lacus is singing is not Fields Of Hope. Its Mizu no Akashi I think. The real Lacus sing it in GS. Anyway, can someone translate the message that is being displayed somewhere in the anime? It seems to show when the next airing time for GSD. Not so sure though....
It says there will be TWO episodes next week, with the first one airing at 5:30.

But don't get your hopes up yet though, there will not be an episode airing on New Year's Day. So we're just getting one episode ahead of time. Still pretty sweet I guess.

And yes, that's Mizu no Akashi, the song Lacus sings in that abandoned theater in Ep 36 of SEED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-18, 08:54   Link #6
tatsit

Is the song Mizu no Akashi in the OSTs?
tatsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 08:56   Link #7
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsit
Is the song Mizu no Akashi in the OSTs?
It first debuted in the Lacus Character Image CD (even before they had it on the show) but it was never in the OSTs.
Old 2004-12-18, 08:57   Link #8
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Yeah, sorry about that. I've never particularily cared about Lacus or Tanaka Rie for that matter. All of Lacus' songs are very similar, you know... slow, emotional... So, it's an honest mistake. 8)
Old 2004-12-18, 08:58   Link #9
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
It was probably dealing with the two episode ariring next week, I think.

Spoiler:
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 08:58   Link #10
CowPower

Send a message via ICQ to CowPower
1. Got stalker fangirl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
It says there will be TWO episodes next week, with the first one airing at 5:30.

But don't get your hopes up yet though, there will not be an episode airing on New Year's Day. So we're just getting one episode ahead of time. Still pretty sweet I guess.
Aren't they just making up for the lost time?
CowPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 09:00   Link #11
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

My version of the synopsis...
Spoiler:

Lots of speech in this episode, quite a boring episode for the first few minutes. Expect fansubs to be later than usual.
JaLooNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 09:01   Link #12
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Was it just me, or did anyone else find Mia cuter than the Original Lacus? And no, it's not the boobs... she just looked prettier. Subtly different from Lacus.

Oh, and I liked Lacus' shawl in the beginning... It suits her quite a lot. 8)
Old 2004-12-18, 09:02   Link #13
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowPower
Aren't they just making up for the lost time?
Yup. This is probably for the lost episode due to the Earthquake. But since they chose to put it on Christmas Day and the schedule had always been preempting New Years Day in the first place (even before the earthquake), it seems like they are just showing an episode one week early...

Quote:
Was it just me, or did anyone else find Mia cuter than the Original Lacus? And no, it's not the boobs... she just looked prettier. Subtly different from Lacus.
lol... That's not what everyone said last ep when everyone was comparing her to a female version of Azrael... I guess a different character animation director comes a long way.
Old 2004-12-18, 09:03   Link #14
DwArD
mAnIaC

Hmm.....seems like from the preview, Yuuna is actually sticking pretty closely to Cagalli, and Yuuna's dad is smirking. This is bad. Real bad for Cagalli. We get to see Saviour, but no action though. Maybe Mia isn't that bad afterall. She did reveal her true identity to Athrun. But compared to the real Lacus, I still find her sort of childish in a way. The only freaky thing is she way idolise Lacus, so much so that she even like her Athrun! That's way too paranoid. She did reminds Athrun of the real Lacus though. Hope this wouldn't affect Athrun and Cagalli's relationship. From the looks of it, there may be some action in the next ep, but no signs of Saviour in the preview.
Old 2004-12-18, 09:07   Link #15
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

anyone think it feels a bit eerie that there was a rumor floating around even before ep1 of GSD had aired that a Lacus fangirl is the fake Lacus and it turns out to be true
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 09:10   Link #16
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
anyone think it feels a bit eerie that there was a rumor floating around even before ep1 of GSD had aired that a Lacus fangirl is the fake Lacus and it turns out to be true
Well, sometimes SEED can be a bit predictable...
Old 2004-12-18, 09:11   Link #17
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Ah, the wonderful rumour mill that is 2chan!

Ever heard the theory that if a million monkeys were typing constantly, the would eventually write all of Sheakspeare's works? Well, Futaba Channel is like that... 8)
Old 2004-12-18, 09:14   Link #18
Rei_Ikari
More....Morrreee....weeee

Quote:

Oh, and I liked Lacus' shawl in the beginning... It suits her quite a lot. 8)

how dare say that Mia is cuter than Lacus-sama....*Boards ZGMF X99Z Haro gundam* Expect me at your house in half and hour....we're get things straight there and then...."Lacus Sama----I'm your most loyal supporter" [/insanity mode off]

Seriously...i think that there's more to a character being cute than just looks *looks at Mia...she does seem rather cute* Nooo....*slappes myself* mustn't get fooled....I prefer Lacus cause i kind of like her character....how she maintained that "stone attitude" in seed to give her soldiers support and only breaking down in Kira's arms.

And is it just me, or is Lacus turning into a houswife? Expect baby Kiras soon But with his mom around
Rei_Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 09:21   Link #19
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Hey, I like Lacus better than Mia too (because Mia looks ready to become very Fllay-like if an unhappy moment strikes). That had nothing to do with my question.

I find Mia cuter because of her genki-attitude and a bit immature, pudgy-face look. She looks like a kid... an overgrown busty kid.
Old 2004-12-18, 09:29   Link #20
Rei_Ikari
More....Morrreee....weeee

She reminds me of FFX-2's ver of Rikku----same genkiness ...except that i like Rikku more...lol
Rei_Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote