AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 49 49.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 24.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.01%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.01%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-05, 06:11   Link #81
Joe_fh

So Shion really was sniping with a random anti-tank rifle Come on, seriously?

Ok for a start Hei is back to normal which is a really good thing. I liked the old Hei and I liked the hobo Hei since he had his emotiaonal reason to act the way he did. What I don't like is the sudden change from hobo to normal Hei that really lacked basis. It's again an example of how focused on Suou's development this is and how the other characters suffer from lack of almost any development. I know the OVAs will cover Hei's emotional downfall but that doesn't mean they have to skip it in the anime.

One thing about Suou - it seems she got over Tanya pretty fast. There should have been at least some kind of emotional effect on her and yet she was just fine. "Suou's a contractor" won't cut it since they're going through all the trouble of showing us she cares about people and she acts on her feelings unlike most contractors. So why was she acting like the only problem was that Hei didn't let her shoot "his girl" (Suou seems to be certain that Yin is Hei's girl).

The plot twist didn't really come as a surpires though. Ever since someone mentioned the crater in episode one and others looked into it it was clear that Suou wasn't there meaning something probably happened to her. After that we learned about the change in the family's record and from those two anyone could guess something really happened to Suou with the most common conclusion that she was dead. Thus this really didn't come as a surpirse. If I remember corectly recently people were wondering who possibly revived her so yes that wasn't really a twist. Of course we don't really know what's going on for sure but this scene didn't have the impact it should have had.

Overall half of this episode felt really laid back with the "searching for Suou's mom comedy time". It was good but I think they won't have time to properly develop the plot in the end and there will be lot of things that just happen out of nowhere for the sake of connceting the events. There is a possibility that there'll be a next season so a semi-open end will be perfect in that case.

I liked Hei while he was executing his plan. Even if at times it seemed like he was just lucky I see it more as careful planning. Also he didn't kill Hazuki even when he had the opportunity to do so. In s2 every time there was a contractor that tried to kill him he would just fight back without a second thought and it always ended with a death (excluding the times when Hie had something better to do so he ran off). I believe this shows that he's a real pro - he takes what he needs and avoids as much collateral damage as possible. Overall that was a really nice scene. When I think about what will happen to Youko next episode I remember the Havoc "interrogation" scene in s1.

I wonder where Hei is getting his info from. I think he's not working for anyone right now so he doens't exactley have a good source that can find this sort of information. After all that's high-class government organisation.

Lots of good points if you're content with just seeing character since we got the old Hei back, we saw Amber, Kiko and the detective guy. So yes that was nice but it didn't really do much and it wasn't really necessary for the plot to move on or at least the Amber appearance. But hey I like Amber's character and I wanted to see more of her because she was one of the most misterious characters and she knew everything that happened both in the future and the past and yet they never really developed her. It's not like they did it now but still

One question - where did Suou get that camera from? I mean really after all that she has a camera that probably costs a small fortune.

I adimit though this time the Mao jokes were good probably because the detective was there and they had quite the history.
Old 2009-12-05, 06:35   Link #82
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yes! At last, Hobo Hei's completely gone.

I guess Shion's power really is to make people.
Old 2009-12-05, 07:17   Link #83
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Ok for a start Hei is back to normal which is a really good thing. I liked the old Hei and I liked the hobo Hei since he had his emotiaonal reason to act the way he did. What I don't like is the sudden change from hobo to normal Hei that really lacked basis.
Just because he looks like his old self again doesn't mean he is back to his old self. For all we know he could still be Hobo Hei (in the inside) Yes, previous episodes showed us that he's slowly reverting back to his old self, but still, I'd like to reserve my judgment for the next episodes. We really didn't get to see him interact with others in this one. Also, his reason for his change of appearance could also be simply because he's doing undercover owrk

Quote:
When I think about what will happen to Youko next episode I remember the Havoc "interrogation" scene in s1.
Nice, another great addition to the "living the dream".gif
Old 2009-12-05, 07:29   Link #84
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Definitely the best episode of the season so far, But that's not saying much considering the quality of the previous episodes.

The plot developments were nice though a lack of Hei was disappointing. Also Gai and Kiko's appearance was too brief and lacking compared to that of season 1, Even their gags were humorless.

I thought this episode felt rushed with the constantly shifting view points across different characters, If they hadn't wasted so many of the previous episode's with filler plot they could have easily made two great episodes instead of just one.

Last edited by Poetic Justice; 2009-12-05 at 07:49.
Old 2009-12-05, 07:39   Link #85
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post

Ahahah! You got me there XD
Old 2009-12-05, 10:46   Link #86
Iwa Ite
Day by Day

Perfect episode ^^ Drama, humor, action, surprises =] I was missing Hei for big half of episode, and then bam !!! He kidnaps ;D Damn that was cool , and ninja girl got kicked ^^ Well done Hei =] I feel the episodes will get intense now =P As it seems from preview =3
Old 2009-12-05, 11:22   Link #87
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

I agree with most people, this episode was really enjoyable I've always liked Kiko, so I was happy to see her.
Good to see Amber still plays some sort of role as well, that is a nice touch.

Like some, I also was not very surprised to learn Suo was dead already, but I don't credit this to predictable writing, I credit this to forum interaction.
Forum readers usually know/ speculate what's going on before it is revealed, and before viewers who don't read in any forum (which still is most viewers). It's normal. If you want to be surprised, then become a casual viewer, e.g. stay away from any forum.
Otherwise, the solution will likely come up in speculation, and you will have an idea.

Nice to see some more development for Hazuki, and hopefully Hei will be nicer to Yoko than to Havoc
Old 2009-12-05, 11:43   Link #88
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Hmm, was just thinking, Suou's classmates had no memory at all of Shion even though he was supposed to be the one who was alive for all those years. I'm starting to think that our Suou was created to replace everyone's memories of Shion so they wouldn't realize he had become a contractor. Starting to wonder if Suou is gonna be a trap.....
Old 2009-12-05, 12:04   Link #89
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post

Nice to see some more development for Hazuki, and hopefully Hei will be nicer to Yoko than to Havoc
Aww but it'd be a nice addition to the "living the dream" .gif collection
Old 2009-12-05, 12:17   Link #90
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I never really believed the speculations about Suou, so it all came as a big enough surprise to me, lol. And I thought it was beautifully handled, with mama saying "Shion" as the last word before the credits, leaving us to savour that and concoct explanations until the real explanation came after the credits. Luckily for me, I haven't seen this sort of thing so often that it seemed cliched to me at all.

I had no problem with Hei's development. Suou's development triggered his, along with the very mind-focusing prospect of seeing Yin. And I thought Suou's perplexity at the start was part of her reaction to Tanya's death, so it didn't feel to me as if she had forgotten her, even if she never used her name.

The camera: she used it in ep1, so I have no problem with the cost. But how it and the book magically reappeared after her luggageless dive into the water with Hei in ep3 is the non-continuity for me, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-12-05, 12:22   Link #91
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah , it was better than the others !

We saw Amber !
The cosplay part was hilarious , specially July
Mao who stare at Matsukichi ^^
Rofl as usual this guy "Your body is getting hot because you can almost see your man"
Hei is back ! Kick Ass ! Gonna pawn all of them !
And the end ! Drama plot ! I laughed when Suou's mom suddenly slow down .

Oh and , i forgot , the flying car is back too lol
Old 2009-12-05, 12:29   Link #92
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

The camera: she used it in ep1, so I have no problem with the cost. But how it and the book magically reappeared after her luggageless dive into the water with Hei in ep3 is the non-continuity for me, lol.
The book was there all the time... it was in the middle of episode 03, when Suou and Hei were in the middle of the forest or somewhere hidding... Was then when Suou find the message from Shion "I wait for you here" .

And later, in episode 06, Suou was looking at her book while Hei was cooking...

But the camera was lost in episode 02 after she took Hei`s picture.
Old 2009-12-05, 12:31   Link #93
Nvis
Where are the good animes

What if Shion brings back Amber/Tanya?
Old 2009-12-05, 12:33   Link #94
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
Aww but it'd be a nice addition to the "living the dream" .gif collection
Hahaha Well, that is true! But I felt sorry for Havoc (I liked her a lot), and I'd feel sorry for Yoko.... well, he can treat her like Suo, that would be just fine

Quote:
I never really believed the speculations about Suou, so it all came as a big enough surprise to me, lol.
I guess that's how it was meant to be! If you totally expected this, or have seen it too many times, well, then you are clearly watching TOO MUCH MEDIA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Mao who stare at Matsukichi ^^
Rofl as usual this guy "Your body is getting hot because you can almost see your man"
Hei is back ! Kick Ass ! Gonna pawn all of them !
Oh yes, I forgot about Mao! He was hilarious! Not so sure how I feel about cosplay- July though...
As for that guy- lol, seriously what the heck?? His comments are hilarious... he and Hazuki make Misaki sound like some stalking pervert
Old 2009-12-05, 16:17   Link #95
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post

Living the dream...

Emergency Batman supplies. Hei: always prepared.

And I thought he was having a heartfelt conversation with the squirrel for a moment.

Hei's Rave Music Of Doom got upgraded from "Need More Sacrifices" to "Rape Time Is Now."

What a mysterious cocoon. Perhaps a beautiful electric butterfly waits within?
Old 2009-12-05, 16:56   Link #96
chaos_animagic

The Hover cars sure is weird...

Out of all the "normal" cars, there's 2-3 hover cars... LOL

BTW, Starb**ks logo is on the right side of the screen shot.
Old 2009-12-05, 17:23   Link #97
velvet nightmare

at least they're stylish, unlike the smart cars that look like nerd mobiles we have now, ahem.
Old 2009-12-05, 17:33   Link #98
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I'm still going to side with the mother. Our Suou could still be the real Shion. Dad changed the family registry twice. One of the times could be to change the sex of Shion to male. There's practically no way that "Suou" looks like a boy now imo.

The ME device was used on Suou to protect her. Dad didn't want her near the current Shion because he was afraid that the current Shion would spill the beans.

Suou cries when she shoots because as the real Shion she shot or witnessed the shooting of the real Suou by accident.

Last edited by orion; 2009-12-05 at 17:56.
Old 2009-12-05, 18:57   Link #99
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

The last five minutes of this episode were quite simply orgasmic ! Hei and trance = instant win in my book.

And, Li-kun is back !
Old 2009-12-05, 23:15   Link #100
Joe_fh

Quote:
I never really believed the speculations about Suou, so it all came as a big enough surprise to me, lol. And I thought it was beautifully handled, with mama saying "Shion" as the last word before the credits, leaving us to savour that and concoct explanations until the real explanation came after the credits. Luckily for me, I haven't seen this sort of thing so often that it seemed cliched to me at all.

I had no problem with Hei's development. Suou's development triggered his, along with the very mind-focusing prospect of seeing Yin. And I thought Suou's perplexity at the start was part of her reaction to Tanya's death, so it didn't feel to me as if she had forgotten her, even if she never used her name.

Well the first one depends mostly on how much you've seen plus all the little detaisl here and there. Sure the moment the mother said Shion was nice but it didn't have a huge impact.

This one depends on the point of view again. For me there isn't really much development at all. I mean his character changed the most after he saw Yin. That was a wierd moment since one of his original objectives was to kill her and he even confirmed it. So why would he suddenly have a change of heart? Also one day he suddenly decided to be nice to Suou and listen to what she says again without a clear reason. That's not really development for me - it's more like changes to a character that come almost out of nowhere (not that Hei becoming more like the Hei in s1 was unexpected)

The camera part was wierd because first it's too big to fit in her bag (that's for sure) second there was no camera in episode 3+ until nowand also Suou wanted money to escape and she wasn't eating to save at least some amount yet she had a camera that should be really expensive and she doesn't need since she no longer saw the reason to take a picture of something. Really strange if you think about it. About the book Hei probably went bvak and took her bag where the book plus some other stuff clearly shown were. Yet no camera.
Closed Thread