AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 32 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 21.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 21.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 31 19.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 8.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 3.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 5.00%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-14, 15:07   Link #21
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

Either an original ending or a manga based ending is fine by me as long as they can keep bringing out episodes weekly. If not, my memory of how good a series this is will dwindle down to nothing, just like elfen lied. So in that case, I would like them to stay close to the manga for the first series then go orginal for the second then create OVA's of the second season once enough manga material presents itself. That way both sides get what they want and everone is a happy panda.
Old 2007-08-14, 15:10   Link #22
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quite frankly, most of the music is just badly placed, the music itself isn't bad, although the star-wars ripoff one kinda annoys me.

Most people complain, because we all have high expectations for this anime, because the Manga was so high quality, we naturally expect the best treatment for this anime.

I dont know about calling people stupid, but it is disappointing that the animators choose to have inconsistent animation to the degree they do in certain scenes, although most of the time the animation quality is acceptable, its just too bad they weren't able to keep it around the episode 13-14 level, or even the episode 4-8 level.
Episodes like 16 and very specific parts of 19 (although those are obvious) are what irks people alot, even the anime only watchers pointed them out with ease.

Scene cutting is another annoyance of ours, because they add things in to take up more time, but cut other things out for no apparent reason, which seems like a waste of story.
Old 2007-08-14, 15:16   Link #23
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsumei View Post
Changed plenty already...!? Like what!? I see very very little difference between the manga and the anime story wise. Here and there the anime did leave out some scenes from the manga/animated a little different but overall they followed the manga story 99% of the time...
They removed the reference to alicia and beth, for example.
They introduced the "claymore graveyard" scene with raki instead of the
Spoiler:

Lets face it: You need a real blockbuster to get a second season years later. And seeing how people even a deacde after bitch about the berserk ending, its highly unlikely the director planned a similar fate for claymore...
Old 2007-08-14, 15:20   Link #24
witchking99
Lord Of Spoils

Oh Great!! Here we go again. One user already voted 1 in the poll rating, I guess he must think it's funny to toy with the ratings like that. If people are going to goof off in the poll, then what's the purpose of it anyway.
Old 2007-08-14, 15:22   Link #25
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

And yet Berserk is still one of the most popular manga out, I would hope that Claymore will follow in its footsteps.

The Alicia thing was removed, but was more build-up then vital. (Although lack of build-up saddens me as well.)

As for
Spoiler for Raki's reason for going north:

So a cliffhanger ending should be unaffected.

Edit: If you notice in the past episode ratings, their is always atleast 1-2 people who give the episode a 1, they probably dont even watch this series.
Old 2007-08-14, 15:22   Link #26
Flora20709
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Flora20709 Send a message via Yahoo to Flora20709
Yea Please Dont Give a 1 rate please
Old 2007-08-14, 15:35   Link #27
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSabbel View Post
Lets face it: You need a real blockbuster to get a second season years later. And seeing how people even a deacde after bitch about the berserk ending, its highly unlikely the director planned a similar fate for claymore...
I still see no indication for an original ending. We have a classic "calm before the storm" episode, highlighting the stories, fears and worries of the assembled claymores... before... well, before ep21 breaks all over them. Nevertheless, nothing done so far really derails the story in any meaningful way.

Anyway, anything beyond that belongs in the ep26 ending speculation thread.
Old 2007-08-14, 15:40   Link #28
B-day
Yokomo driver

So I see someone again vote this episode 1/10(painful)Is it really that bad???
Old 2007-08-14, 15:41   Link #29
zetsumei

Just checked Random Curiosity for a little preview of the EP 20 and... Boo~

Spoiler for EP 20:
Old 2007-08-14, 15:45   Link #30
Flora20709
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Flora20709 Send a message via Yahoo to Flora20709
WATTTTTT
Old 2007-08-14, 15:50   Link #31
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

A bit Disappointing;
Spoiler for ommited scene:

Looks like the Undine Scene is still in atleast, although it looks like they may have added to it (a suprise considering they cut out a much more popular scene.)

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-08-14 at 16:36. Reason: removed additional comment about deleted scene
Old 2007-08-14, 15:58   Link #32
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Ah well, there is always manga to read for "deleted scenes"
Old 2007-08-14, 16:07   Link #33
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by witchking99 View Post
So!, is this week gonna be the same as last week concerning the poll ratings or are we going to grow up and rate the episode more seriuosly this time.
one can only hope i high doubt though
Old 2007-08-14, 16:31   Link #34
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
So!, is this week gonna be the same as last week concerning the poll ratings or are we going to grow up and rate the episode more seriuosly this time.
There is something mature about being serious about a popularity poll?

Quote:
Oh Great!! Here we go again. One user already voted 1 in the poll rating, I guess he must think it's funny to toy with the ratings like that. If people are going to goof off in the poll, then what's the purpose of it anyway.
No purpose at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Hmmm... at least one scene which DEFINITELY wasn't in the manga, and one scene which wasn't in the manga like this.
I smell an original ending. I am trembling with both anticipation and trepidation.

Important note about spoilers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
A bit Disappointing;
Spoiler for ommited scene:
Since it seems clear that it isn't going to be in the anime I won't punish people for mentioning it, but if anyone wants to say ANYTHING at all about it, beyond the mere fact of its absence I will ban. No discussing anything that was determined in that scene. That belongs in the spoiler venting thread, not here. It wasn't in episode 19 or 20 so it doesn't belong in the discussion for these episodes.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-08-14, 16:48   Link #35
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Yay for edited ending! Honestly, many people already knew that this might happen (and if they couldn't figure it out - boo)...
As for actual comments - Priscilla's making sure that Raki knows that he's all hers in that one scene.
And Clare's forming alliances with people left and right. She would be a great player in an MMORPG.
Old 2007-08-14, 16:53   Link #36
Mentar
Banned

Let me put it this way: Nothing in ep20 happened which 21+22 won't undo ^_^;

If I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath for an original ending. IMHO it also wouldn't really fit the atmosphere. I'm more for the cliffhanger version discussed in the ep26 prediction thread.
Old 2007-08-14, 16:57   Link #37
witchking99
Lord Of Spoils

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
There is something mature about being serious about a popularity poll?

No purpose at all!

I smell an original ending. I am trembling with both anticipation and trepidation.

Important note about spoilers:

Since it seems clear that it isn't going to be in the anime I won't punish people for mentioning it, but if anyone wants to say ANYTHING at all about it, beyond the mere fact of its absence I will ban. No discussing anything that was determined in that scene. That belongs in the spoiler venting thread, not here. It wasn't in episode 19 or 20 so it doesn't belong in the discussion for these episodes.

Not fair NoSanninWa, last week you punish me for it. Then I would appreciated if you took away that warning you gave me.
Old 2007-08-14, 17:00   Link #38
Seska

Take it like a Claymore....

oh, don't get it wrong. Myself has over 2...

like Helen said: "We are Human after all!"
Old 2007-08-14, 17:04   Link #39
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Ah well, I guess I will satisfy myself by asking, where does the episode end, how is the new character's voice? (as in HIM!), and finally how is the animation quality this episode? Comparable to what episode?

Can anyone give us an episode summery?

Last edited by Fenrir_valindri; 2007-08-14 at 17:24.
Old 2007-08-14, 17:07   Link #40
witchking99
Lord Of Spoils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Ah well, I guess I will satisfy myself by asking, where does the episode end, and how is the new character's voice? (you know who I am talking about)

Can anyone give us an episode summery?
Ahh!! may you be referring to "HIM". Please be more specific.
Closed Thread